Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born October 2007 #27

Happy 7months Logan and 8months Myles!
    alz- wow at Ethan pulling himself up, following you with mum hehe!
    Tyron started making a De noise yesterday, im wondering if he is trying to say dad. it would be nice if he says it as DH is in Thailand atm and would just melt his heart!
    WAY TO GO MAX!!

...this old chestnut!

Hey Ladies!

another flying visit from me and Fin, although I suspect we may be hanging around a bit more now we have out OWN PLACE!!!! Tonight will be our 3rd night housesitting for my mums neighbor - a 6 month stint - it's pretty wild, we are directly accross the road from eachother, it's pretty funny and not a moment too soon!

Basically that just means I can set up my space how it WORKS for me (ie; computer in loungeroom where DS plays), i can relax over mess and generally prioritise my life the way i see fit - not to mention the PRIVACY!!!! Wow, I might even sleep in the nuddie . . .well it might be a bit soon and close for that but HEY!!!!

DS has been stopped sleeping through the night since he got sick a month ago and started waking during the night. I got in the habit of feeding him and bringing him to bed in the wee hours while he was sick, then when he started getting better I kept doing it just to avoid waking up the folks with his crying ". .where is my midnight feed and cuddle" which he just did then after boobing to sleep at 8.30 grrrr

Other than than, he is great and smiley, sometimes hard to entertain, not interested in food at all and getting his photos taken a lot.

If anyone can remember any discussions about wakeful nights and feeding to sleep, do you remember what edition it might be in? Have consulted other forums but be nice way to catch up with you guys

best wishes

morning all

i'm curious about this 'lowering of the cot' business. i came in on friday to see ol' blue eyes standing up at the end of his cot looking at me when i came to get him. we put it down on friday night and he has been boogedy ever since.

at first i thought it was because everything looked different, the lights on the stereo etc. so i covered the lights - he still seems wigged out and almost hates his cot when i'm standing next to it holding him. he rolls around and rubs his face on the sheet like a pork chop. he's also had a couple of howling episodes at night - which can be the usual multi-choic... teeth, tummy ache, lonely... the list goes on.

did this happen to anyone else? do they get used to it?

mr pants also woke up this morning with a 'ba' and/or 'va' sound. ba ba ba va ba ba va.. all morning. it's cute... maybe he's trying to say 'viv'. i've probably got a bart simpson on my hands, he'll call me 'viv' his whole life.
    'hey viv... where's my boobie?'....

mo - what's the latest from the preggo front?

julia -woo hoo relaxy maxy is on a roll...

'hey viv, where's my boobie?' - That put a smile on my dial after a crappy night last night. thanks!

We are having 'hate the cot issues' too. The beginning of ours wasn't related to lowering the cot, it just started. She used to fall asleep just fine. Now it's becoming a nightmare.
    I put it down to her getting older and more aware...... she knows now that when she goes in the cot it's sleep time and that means mum is going to leave her. Also still the age for separation anxiety....

i dunno the answer, but i wish it would go back to the way it was.

i've probably got a bart simpson on my hands, he'll call me 'viv' his whole life.
    'hey viv... where's my boobie?'....

Viv - was wondering about cot lowering last night. We haven't done ours yet because he can't go from lying to sitting or standing yet. Don't remember any boogedy nights with DD when we lowered hers though?? Like anything, might just take a bit of adjustment, or it might be pure coincidence So yeah, pearls of wisdom from me, as usual!

Ange - Lu is has always been a pretty good sleeper at the core of it all, it's probably just a phase, and while as frustrating as hell, it will pass!

**Touch wood** L has been extending his sleeps between feeds at night. The last 3 nights have been 5.5 hours. I hope it continues, but will not turn blue holding my breath...
    Last edited by Willow; June 2nd, 2008 at 09:20 AM.

bugger, double post...

Hello ladies...long time no chat!

I am just so not with it, i cant read everything thats going on....few points i noticed:

Congrats Mo..

WB Amy

Julia, yay for Max rolling!

Amber i hope you had a great weekend away

Saffi how is L's cold going now? Both my girls have it..thanks to FDC!

Hi to everyone else i missed!

As for us, all is going well. Jasmine is saying Dada and Chelsea constantly says it to her! Still refusing solids but i dont mind, happy on milk. Still not rolling, again i dont mind, thats just Jasmine. Sleep is still perfect at night (which is good cos i need all the sleep i can right now). We have her Baptism on the 22nd June so i cant wait And my baby is 7 months and looking so much older then that!

Chelsea is going well. Talking heaps now. We got her big bed finally all together, and she hates sleepign in it. Screams and cries, so back to the cot and Jasmine has to wait a bit longer! Chelsea is now 18 months...wow..time is going fast

BumbleBee (bub #3) is going well, keeping me on my toes with slight m/s and tiredness...8 weeks 4 days already...so exciting! Still have not told family, and not planning on it til 21st June...but we keep thinking we will wait until 30 weeks. Few issues we dont want people to know about. Also Blogging this bub too...so bit excited bout that, and taking pics of the flab (aka the tummy) but no one will ever be seeing them!

Take care all until i drop in again

Claire Guest

Happy belated monthly birthdays to all the bubs! Wow they are growing so fast aren't they?

#3 - Eek, the thought scares the bejesus outta me! It's hard enough with two, let alone three! How to you manage? How do you spread yourself out equally? But I do love being preggers and giving birth is awesome. But we will definitely think about it once Harry is at school...see if I can have another one or two before the ol' clock stops ticking.

Uncle Amy - re: nightwaking, I'm with ya! i just take him into bed with us and spend the night feeding and transfering back into the hammock. He's got a cold at the mo so is feeding most of the night.

Harry crawled on Saturday only a few shuffles but I missed it as I was at the supermarket getting some bits of DH's birthday party. I spend nearly 24 hours a day with this kid and I missed it - at least his Dad saw it though! Obviously hasn't done it since....................*wait patiently*

Mo - Congrats on the pregnancy - I hope it's happy and healthy for you!

Nic - Did you send the email through?

Things are going well here, starting to get that nauseous feeling.
    Boo is treating me good so far

Viv

Thanks Claire & Kim

WTG Harry

Happy 7 months Logan & Happy 8 months Myles

forgot to mention -BLW is rocking on here. piggoletto is into it.

for those giving it a bash but not sure how to start, i found this blog that maps out what this chick did for the first two months, plus other stuff:
    babyledweaning .blogware .com/blog/GettingStartedFingerFoodBasics/FingerFoodBasicsMonth1

Claire Guest

With you Viv - BLW/BLS is the way to go for us too! Tried to give Harry some pureed rice to fill him up the other night but he just spat it all out, swaped it for a roasted carrot and he was all over it, 'mmm' 'mmm' the whole way! So cute.

Nope, not for us - We gave it a go but I just can't handle the choking. Figure if he's ready for finger foods he should be able to physically eat them without choking/gagging, so I'm sticking with the mashed stuff for now and will try again later.

^^ that is true. they shouldn't be choking. james only gagged once because i missed a piece of prune that was too big and slippery for him.

he didn't really start solids properly until 7 months so maybe waiting had something to do with it. suddenly he's all over everything.

Viv - That's awesome that James loves his food now! I tried giving K a piece of steamed broccoli the other day and he tasted it then dropped it on the floor. Not at all interested, he likes his stuff mashed! They're all so different.

Claire - WTG Harry for crawling! I hope he does it again in front of you soon!

Kim - Glad to hear you are feeling pretty good! I hope Chelsea likes her bed soon, Joel went into a bed at 23 months.

Willow - Yay for L sleeping longer at night! Tell him I said to keep it up.

Ange - I hope Lu develops a love for her cot again soon. It's a horrible phase. Joel went through it for a while so I used to put him in his hammock instead. I have NO idea what I'll do if K does it, he hates the hammock!

Amy - Welcome back again! Hooray on getting your own place for a while! I met your sister IRL at the BB centre last week, she is so nice!

Nic - How's the renos going? I hope all the tradies are doing their job on time!

Better run, I have a cranky pants wanting to be picked up. MIL held him the other day and as soon as he saw me he reached his arms out to me, kinda cute!

Claire- buggar u missed Harry crawling! DH is worried he will miss Tyron's first crawl cause he is o/s for a week and Ty is sooooo close. Just yesterday he figured out how to go forwards instead of backwards! not crawling but up on all fours, dive down and slither forward lol.

Hello Amy welcome back!

im into scrapbooking again, did a day of it yesterday and determined to catch up a bit (currently 6months behind on both kids)
    Tyron has had a few finger foods so far but he is not too keen on meat, tried him the other night and spat it all back out, that was mixed with vegies so the smart cookie must have known.

both boys awake so better go.

why won't this kid sleep today

*pulls out large clump of own hair*

Another fang Viv? Just as well you didn't get those hair extensions

Lu just had a 3 hr sleep?! That is unheard of...... maybe she's getting better?! Usually it is 1.5hrs, maybe 45 min......
    I'll get her to have a word to J about day sleeing if someone can talk to her about night sleeping!
    kids. who'd have em?!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast