Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born October 2007 #27

Hee hee, thanks guys!

Willow - Me proud??? I just thought I'd draw some attention to myself LOL! I'm glad L is feeling a bit better. Hopefully the whole bf thing works out when you go back to work, it's a bit tricky isn't it?

Ange - K is still on 6 feeds a day, does that sound too much?? I feed him after each nap (3 naps a day still), just before he goes to bed, for his 5am feed and for his 7 - 7:30am wake up.

Mo - How are you feeling atm? Any m/s yet?

Congrats Kieran and Trish! I'll have to go and check it out

BF a day - I think we are still probably about 6 a day too, and she is having solids twice a day.

We went to the health centre this morning and Tahlia is now 9.245 kgs and 69cm long. That means she has put on 900 grams since her 6 month check up! Maybe she is having too many feeds.....

too much boob? james would be covering my eyes to stop me reading.

he has about 7 or 8... and i am so over nurses and their 'shoulds'. bah!

ange - no stress on the needles. james got only the DTP/P at 6.5 months, and i won't be giving any more until i do mumps on its own at 12 months.

boobie fed, home babies aren't exactly high risk.

what am I doing wrong.... I can't see Kieran on the home page!

Kellie - Go to www.bellybelly.com.au and scroll down a little, he is the second photo on the left-hand side (you can't see his face )

ignore me... I just figured it out

Kellie - click on the "BellyBelly Main Site" tab up the top...

B'feeds - L is doing 7 at the moment too, sometimes 8. So I think he's pretty safe to drop one or two in the next few months.

Ange - I haven't had L's 6 month needles either and not going to till he's 100% over this cold/cough.

congrats Trish what a great photo!!

Ok i have more time now.
    Seems like all M does now is pull herself up then fall over from being a little show off.
    Had my bloods taken yesterday all is well expect my iron level which is 4 so on iron tablets plus vitamins.

Trish-Just a sickly feeling all day, Can't stand to eat meat only chicken.

Kellie Tahlia's a great weight & I would say M is well over 9kgs now

Viv- just DTP-IPV? Did you have hib? or pneumococcal? are ya planning on it? I'd be intested to read any unbiased or peer reviewed articles on the topic if you've come across any.
    Separate MMR is the track we are planning on heading down too..... need to do more research though.

Mo- we have a few eggs on head here too. Lu loves the woodlen trolley, but it seems to be causing more bumps than laughs!

Hi all

Just popping in to let you know that L crawled today for the first time. I wasn't home to see it but DH was and what's more he was able to get it on video. He was so thrilled to see a first. Better than some daycare person. Think it will be a few weeks yet before he is terrorising the dogs.

Trish - great photo!

All is well here. L doesn't seem to have his cold anymore, but I have a sore throat so I think he gave it to me. Oh well, just as well he is cute.

Yay for L crawling how many babies in here are crawling now?
    M, Guni, Myles & L!

Ange those pics of the Guni are so cute, M has a red car that plays music that she tries to walk around with.

Nice one Big-L! bummer ya missed it Saffi, but nice for DH to have a special moment.

pretty sure the j-man has the forwards crawl mastered.

Mo- she crawled up to the cart today, pulled herself up to her feet and then wobbled forward a few steps, then it all came crashing down! no fear, takes after her father.

Awww too cute Ange, go Guni, she'll be walking soon
    M likes to pull her self up on the toy box turn around & do a one-hander.
    Then she almost always falls because she gets to excited & forgets she can't stand by herself yet lol.

the guni does that too!!!

Can someone tell me what the benefit of separate MMR is?

Go all the bubs that are crawling and almost walking! Wow! Myles gets up onto things now and thinks he is so smart untill he falls on his bum!
    Yay Kieran for being a supermodel baby!

Willow i hope your lil one is getting better!

Whats the go with too many BFs? I am still feeding M whenever he wants! Although he is feeding as much! Oh well i dont mind him hanging off my boob! Spaeking of boobs i got some bras fitted on the wekend at the ABA mothers direct store nad she fitted me as an .....E cup!!!!!!!WTF 2 of them fit ok but one feels too big so will take it back, but and E, E for enormous! DH thinks he is in heaven! He wishes!
    Also should i be giving him farex? I read somewhere it can affect the iron in thr breastmilk can someone explain?

x

Amber - after about 6 months the iron supplies babies get through breast milk start to dry up, that is why they fortify rice cereal (like farex) with iron. But there are pleanty of other foods rich in iron, like prunes for example! You don't 'have' to give Myles farex at all if you don't want to. If you do give him rice cereal, just be aware that it can cause constipation, so perhaps mix a little prune juice with it or just make sure he has lots of fluids as well.

Willow- In brief: The MMR vaccine 'had' been linked to Autism, although, the Dr who first made this claim has now said he falsified the results and the claim has been discredited. Even though there is no concrete evidence to prove this claim, many parents swear that the vaccine caused their childs Autism. However, it is a complex argument, and it is difficult to get non inflamatory info. There is lots of info out there, including a few threads on here.
    There is also the pattern of thought that one immunisation at a time is more gentle on babies immune system.
    Oh and one other thing, many people believe that some of the immunisations are not necessary...... but you need to do a bit of reading and decide what is best for you guys.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast