Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born October 2007 #27

*Bows down in front of Ange*

How do you know so much about everything Ange??? You are such a smart cookie

Congrats Trish...well done.

Saffi great to hear L is on the move...

We still have not done 6 months needles yet....keep putting it off...one day soon ill get to the dr!!

Now ladies...i know i dont come in very often....im extremely busy with the business and my 2 gorgeous girls...so i find it hard to keep up with you all.

I just wanted to say...thats great that all you kids are crawling, sitting, standing etc......

But....try remember not all kids are at the same stage...so it can be a little depressing to read all these milestones but never any mention to the ones who are not at the stage....like they are behind and not up to you bubs level.

I love that Jasmine is sleeping and feeding great....has been from very early on....and a big number of you still have sleep problems that you are working on. Yeah Jas isnt on solids...but she doesnt want them yet.

I wish you all the very best...and i hope one day you might stumble across one of my milestone posts along with a handful of other peoples and we will feel good too

Jasmine is getting there slowly but surely....and im so proud of her....she is gunna make a great big sister!!

I think that the girls in here are very supportive and understanding. I know i am concious of not gloating and posting all the time about what Lu can and can't do.

We all are very excited and proud mummas when our babies achieve milestones. BB is a place where we can share this.

Yes, all babies develop differently, and yes there is up to 5 weeks difference in age with some of the babies in this group.

Lu might be very mobile, but she doesn't sleep all night and she can't say a thing, some babies have been saying words for weeks. I don't get upset to hear if another baby is saying or doing more than mine, i am just happy to hear each baby is progressing. i know she will develop in her own time.

Some people find it really hard not to compare babies, but it's not a competition, and no one around here is comparing anything in a competitive kind of way.

I am not saying this in a nasty way, just a helpful suggestion; If you find it depressing to read other babies milestones then perhaps it is best for you not to read this thread, after all is is a place where you can talk freely about your baby and all things baby related.

I hope this post is taken in the way it was intended- It is not my intention at all to get into any kind of argument.

Not at all Ange....never took it wrong, i was simply commenting on something that hadnt bothered me..but more played on my mind a little. I know what its like to have an advanced child doing things much earlier then others of the same age. I never said nothing until others were doing the same things and i felt comfortable doing that.

Perhaps im not right in coming in here until Jasmine is sitting, crawling and doing things like alot of others.

I guess i feel that when i do post of what my family and more so Jasmine has been doing (which as i have stated is nothing other then back to tummy rolling) i dont really get the 'Oh that great, blah blah' like everyone else. Thats more depressing then reading all the comments of things my bub isnt doing. LOL

As long as bubs all grow up in the best possible way thats all great....things develop when they want

Kim again no offence intented.......
    I hardly ever respond to everyone, many reasons, but mostly i am lazy.
    Lately you blow in for a quick up date and then fly out again. When people do that i often read their posts but don't directly respond as i know they are just popping in and out. It is nothing personal.
    Without reading back, i believe 'relaxy maxy' (as coined by Viv!) just rolled over, and everyone was excited. No milestone is any greater than another.

About 'not saying' what your baby is up to until other babies are too..... i don't think that anyone should do that. This is an open honest place where people can share their experiences, wether they are excited about a new move, or worried about lack of movement, you can talk about it all in here if you wish. I don't want people pretending their babies can't say words, just because mine can't. IYKWIM.

BUT- i get where you are coming from and am sorry you feel that way.

In other news............. catching a bus to the big smoke today for an xray, blood test an u/s. NO not preg! follow up from shingles episode, to make sure nothing more sinister underlying my scab outbreak! have a cracker day.

Only two wake ups from the big Guni last night. noice.

Kim - I'm sorry you have been feeling that way . If it makes you feel any better, K still only rolls from his tummy to back. He rolled the other way a few days ago, but not again since . He is just learning to push himself along on our floorboards and this is after me spending a lot of time on the floor encouraging him. I honestly love hearing about all the other bubs who are doing more than K! It keeps me motivated, knowing that K will be doing that in the near future, I won't always have a big heavy lump! Everyone probably thinks I'm a bit sad when I come in with K's small acheivements LOL, but I love having someone to share them with. I'm at home all day by myself so it's nice to come in here with some other mums and say "Yay!" every now and then. If you came in here to say "Yay!", we'd all celebrate with you too, so feel free to share what Jasmine is doing. I know I love hearing about your girls!

GL today Ange!

Oh Trish- i meant to say- i get it all from the back of the weetbix.

Ange have fun in the big smoke, hope everything is ok.
    wtg on the Guni's sleep.

Kim sorry you feel that way, but I'm like Ange.
    Just because i didn't post doesn't mean I'm not happy for all the other babies milestones

Hi Everyone,
    Hope you all had a great night.

Kim - like the others I am sorry that you feel that way. I too can be a bit lazy and don't respond to everyone. Please tell us when your bubs achieves something because that is worth celebrating. All children do develop at different rates but that does not make their achievements significant. Your bub is probably doing things that our isn't (eg sleeping and feeding well). Just remember what is most important is that you little one is happy and healthy.

Other news - weather has been shocking in Sydney. Rain, rain and more rain. My washing is so backed up it isn't funny. I hate not having a car during weather like this. A bit excited though. I drove hubby to work today so I have a car. My mother's group is going out for lunch so I am looking forward to getting out of the house for a while.

Better go and do some stuff while little man is asleep.

Have a great day everyone.

M's ear infection is gone so that is good news & she weighs 8.43kgs.
    She feels so much heavier than that tho

Alz enjoy your day out

Mo - That's great that Maddi's ear infection is gone. She is a great weight! I forgot to comment yesterday on your iron levels. 4 is really low! How are you feeling? I would be comatose if mine were that low. They dropped to 9 just after I had Joel and I could barely function. They say some people's bodies cope better than others with low iron though. Have you tried liquid iron? I've heard that absorbs better.

alz - Hooray for having the car today! I hope you have a great time with your MG.

Trish i guess my body is just use to having low iron level sad as that is.
    My blood count is 101 which is high for me, so maybe that's why it's not affecting me much.

I do feel pretty good just a little tired thanks for asking

Hey everyone, just blowing in! Seems a bit to read up on...so just quickly my 10c worth....

'Relaxy Maxy' isn't so named for nothing (thanks Viv love it!).... I can count on one hand how many times he's rolled over...and I like sharing his 'lack' of milestones in here. I love to read up on everyone's story's and their bubs milestones, like Trish, it's a bit of motivation to make you not feel as though your child will not be lying on the floor under a mobile on his 21st birthday.

I don't often reply personally, but it doesn't mean I'm not excited for everyone...I'm just a bit slack and don't remember EVERYTHING! I hardly remember yesterday!

Now for some fun stuff...DH & I went to look at our professional photos yesterday. We had them taken with Charlie the dog! Spent a bit of dosh, but hey, I reckon worth it. Can't wait to get them!

Mo That is a great weight...I wish Max weighed that! I reckon he's pushing 10kg now!

Have a good day everyone

Pulled a sickie today. My throat was actually sore, but I am just tired and getting run down, so am spending a day at home with my boys. L is asleep and DH is watching the Underbelly DVD (they're a nice bunch of people NOT). I think we'll go shopping when L wakes up.

Anyone doing anything this weekend? MIL put the idea into our heads to go away, so we're off to Byron Bay on Saturday. Haven't been there in over 10 years so am looking forward to it.

Alz - we only have one car too. I used to love it when I'd get the car so I could get out and about. I miss catching up with all my MGs (you guys included). We've had rain here too and the washing is backed right up.
    Mo - my bestie had a baby recently (a 10lb'er) but compared to L he is so light and small. I forgot how little new borns are. You'll certainly notice it when #2 arrives.
    Julia - how great having photos done with your dog. Pets are part of the family too! As part of our puppy school with our first dog they had a professional photo session. The photos are so cute.

Have a good day all.

julia - max gets 10 points for working you out so quickly though... *pictures max on chaise pointing at something* "fetch, mummy!"

ange - i flagged hep b and hib from the beginning. rotavirus gave him a strong reaction so flagged that too. later after reading up on dr sears (most unbiased i can find) i decided that i will follow an alternative vax schedule. sears also is the one who says breastfed, stay-at-home babies are low risk, so there is more latitude to pick and choose what you will and won't have, although every mum can choose when!! (in japan, they don't do any until 2 years of age)

i chose infanrix as the safest one (which i'm assured is mercury-free).

some say it is the mercury that is linked with autism. others say that it's because babies get something like 38 vax before 18 months (in these combined shots). some mothers noticed it after the MMR and blamed MMR, although it's more likely they noticed it because MMR is the big one at the end.

one reason to separate out MMR and others (such as this dreadful new hexa) is because certain paediatricians believe a small body having to detoxify so many chemicals at once increases the incidence of side effects. dr sears says that to get a 6-in-one vax, they must alter the list of ingredients to make a suitable carrier (so all 6 fit together with some stability). this is what i don't want in my sons body.

i am the boss round here, so i choose what he gets and what he doesn't, even if i have to pay for it. severe mumps infection can cause permanent sterility in little boys, so that is one i will get. the measles and what not were infections i had as a kid, and where infections won't be fatal, i choose to let james get natural immunity, should it occur. (i also had real chicken pox and it wasn't exactly boogedy).

(should add, my dad was a doctor and he only gave us DTP).

james will probably get the hep B shot at 12 years old... just before he starts getting curious about things that could cause him grief (and when he's big enough to process it).

this is my two cents. i know plenty of people just vax to the schedule. i choose not to - maybe i'm a troublemaker, maybe i wouldn't want anything done to this child that i wouldn't want done to me.

:hurrumph:

anyway - god, who asked me?? *trails off*

in the end - everyone needs to do the research and make their own decisions. those are just the reasons for mine

Claire Guest

Hi all,

We are off to Brisbane next week for a little week long holiday! Woot woot - never been before so really looking forward to it!

Trish - congratulations! WTG!

Wilow - I was working 3 days a week when Emily was 10-12 months, I used to visit the centre to bf at lunchtime and she dropped the feed, so I fed before, on pick-up and before bed.

The MMR vaccine 'had' been linked to Autism, although, the Dr who first made this claim has now said he falsified the results and the claim has been discredited. Even though there is no concrete evidence to prove this claim, many parents swear that the vaccine caused their childs Autism.
    Ok, thanks Ange - had read all of this stuff and discussed it with his peaed. Must admit, the word 'Autism' pushes massive panic buttons with me. I'm not sure why. Probably a big reason is I stumbled across an article that linked big heads to Autism - as you know, L has quite a noggin'. But honestly, what I've read isn't quite concrete enough for me not to immunise him.

Viv - I know what you mean about mumps etc, just my spin on the rubella vax though: When prg with L (and a total nutcase I freely add due to previous loss) I had a scare after being in contact with an unimmunised little boy who 'reportedly' had rubella. Apparently it's quite uncommon and this diagnoses was questioned by my ob. Anyhoo - I had my rubella booster in high school like most girlies but my immunisation was at the borderline level when tested, so I was just immune according to the numbers.

The rubella virus has a devastating affect on unborn babies, especially in the first 12 weeks (I think, would have to check that again to be sure) and in a lot of cases the baby would not survive once born (with serious defects such as brain damage and heart defects common) and termination is often recommended. Up until about 20 weeks, it causes much milder defects like deafness, blindness etc. but still pretty serious.

Now, I'm probably pretty sensitised to this issue, but I could not live with myself if I knew that my little boy passed on a virus to an unprotected mother (who like me had done everything to protect herself and her unborn child by having the vax) and it resulted in her baby's death.

So...to conclude, I will always be giving him the rubella vax. Not sure if you can do that one separately though.

Hate this stuff, scares the beejusus outta me and I struggle with knowing what the best course of action is for the little fella.

So, that was my 2c worth and now I need to go and collect my DD from preschool before she gets locked in - you guys read about that??!!

**ETA: Just wanted to also say Kim - sorry you feel that way but I agree with Ange, baby bud threads are to share milestones, celebrate the good times and commiserate the not so good - which I have noticed you don't really talk about. All of your posts say how great the girls are going, how well they sleep day and night and how well they feed, so I don't really see the problem? It's a cliche, but all babies really are different. L is one of the youngest but has been rolling everywhere since 4 months, crawling since 6, is halfway to pulling himself up, sits unsupported, says 'mama', 'dada', 'nana', 'bubbub' , sleeps like a trooper during the day (now!), is a happy little fella who rarely whinges or complains BUTsleeping through the night is not his forte just yet - but so what? What does any of that really mean? You can't have everything. Doesn't make him a 'bad' baby in my eyes and I'm not rushing out to exchange him for the model you got just so he'll sleep through - kwim?
    Last edited by Willow; June 5th, 2008 at 01:44 PM.

Keep doing double posts! NFI why...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast