Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #28

Default Babies Born October 2007 #28

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in October 2007.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The previous thread is here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2007-27-a.html

Ange - The nappy with BumG booster in worked a treat! Still megga full but no leaks...yay!

well i finally sit down to write a post and the thread closes pooey! So will try to remember whats been said!

thanks Saffi i thought margate was that way but being form the south i dont really know that area! hows things?
    Cant remember who said they caved and used huggies at night and not cloth but i am guilty if it too! i just havent had the time to find a great night nappy! I feel terrible though, but at the same time Myles isnt leaking at night anymore!
    Claire a trip to montville or maleny is nice! It would have to be a day trip though!
    Mo the pics of M are gorgeous! Hope your doing ok

Cant remember anymore sorry! Had a great time in sydney! The zoo was fantastic! myles was an angel! Except he has decided to bite when he is finished a feed, and the lil bugger drew blood
    anyway not much else happening in my lil world so hope you all have a great nightxx

Yay Julia!

Don't feel bad about any nappy choice Amber, a gals gotta do whatever she can to survive this motherhood thing! We're using sposies at night at the moment to try and combat the teething nappyrash.

And Mo i agree, the pics of Maddi are great, they really capture her well. Hope you're resting up. xxx

Amber - don't feel bad, another clothie here using sposies at night to combat massive leaks..and I actually have a night nappy but don't use it cause he still leaks through it

becky Guest

Awwwww Mo..... I dont know what to say. So sorry for you...

Morning everyone,

Not much exciting happening around here at the moment! Oooh, but K rolled twice from his back to his tummy yesterday (whoop-dee-doo you all say :P). He hadn't done it since he first did it a week or so ago so I was very happy! Can't wait for him to move around more, he is great at scooting around on the floorboards though. We've been going for lots of walks and I've lost a little more weight which is nice!

Amber - Glad you had a nice time in Sydney. Don't feel bad about sposies at night, it's only one a day! Lots of other mums do it too.

Julia - Hooray for the end of night leaks! What sort of dog do you have, he/she looks gorgeous .

Mo - I hope you're feeling OK today . Love your photos of Maddi, they are so beautiful!

Saffi - How is CC going? I hope you are all adapting well. Byron Bay sounds like it was a bit disappointing, IKWYM about how different a holiday is with a bub. Last time we went we surfed non-stop, definitely couldn't do that now.

Kellie - Come in and post more often, I miss you! How is Tahlia going these days? Is she on the move yet?

Claire - That's great Harry's eczema has practically cleared up! Well done on finding a solution!!

Alz - Sorry you didn't get your BFP . I hope you aren't feeling too down. Wishing you the best of luck when you offically TTC. Great to hear that Ethan loves his finger food!

Hope you all have a great day

Claire Guest

Mo - I'm really sorry for your loss! Take care x

Thanks for the suggestions on what to see and do in Brissie! or should I say Brisvegas? I'm really excited about going. Will post some pics when we get back!

I'm feeling on a bit of a bummer at the mo - my cousin has a control freak for a DH (I actually think he's abusive) and she fell out with my sister 6 months ago. My sister lost her baby and my cousin found out she was pregnant after two years of trying. Basically conincided and my sister was hurt by the way my cousin went about telling everyone about her pregnancy on the day she lost her baby. Definitely tactless but not intentional, I don't think. ANYWAY my cousin's DH has got in touch with my sister via fb and basically has abused her with the intention I think of finally destroying the relationship from ever being mended. What a %^&*#$%! I have copies of the messages and you can really see the mind games and nastiness he uses to put his point across - I feel for my cousin but what can you do? He is isolating her and if she isn't pro-active about it, what can we do for her? She puts across that she's happily married but he's a bully, lazy, inconsiderate, rude, aggressive. WHY is she with him? WHY doesn't she feel she deserves better? We all deserve t be happy no matter what you feel you have done in this life or what has been done to you.

wtg K, at least he is getting the hang of it
    Clarie sorry to hear about your cousin, it's sad to see someone you love like that.
    Not much anyone can do if she doesn't want to be helped, but your doing what you can by just being there if she ever needs you
    Amber i'm using sposie's here really can't be bothed with cloth at the moment & M's poo's are just nasty lately lol

I'm doing ok thanks everyone

ETA- M has cut her top left tooth.
    Last edited by Khaleesi; June 11th, 2008 at 10:06 AM.

Trish - its nice to know I have been missed!
    I've been around, just not had to much to say. Tahlia is going well, even though she has started waking overnight again.
    She is rolling all over the place, I put her at one end of the room and within seconds she is at the other end. She has lifted herself into crawling position a few times and rocked back and forth, but no actual movement as yet.

Still no teeth either, but maybe the night wakings mean they are on the way? Who knows?

Trish are you goin to the Berwick baby market on June 22th?

Mo - Ooh, I haven't been paying any attention to the markets. I might go, I'll let you know, it would be great to meet up there!

Kellie - Sounds like Tahlia is doing great! Now stop lurking and chat more LOL!

Claire - Man, your cousin sounds like she probably puts up with a lot of bullying. Unfortunately bullies get their victims to believe that they are the ones with the problem, and like you said, the victim becomes isolated so they don't speak up for themselves. I guess all you can do is maintain contact with her and try and build her up with words of affirmation, she probably has no self-esteem.

Hey all, not much to say, feeling pretty miserable at the moment, had a few hard days with the kids and am sick - again.

Just wanted to shine a bit of sunlight on an otherwise ordinary day and say - the little man is 'proper' crawling!! Clever boy...bit proud.

Trish - thanks again for the last few days, you're awesome

Mo - good to see you around, hope you're hanging in there...

Hi all

The reign of the Bumbo has ended. L nearly fell out of his today (yes,Viv you did warn us!). Lucky DH was there to catch him but just showed us that we can't rely on it any more. Good news is that L is now in his fancy high chair. Apparently L didn't like it so much as there was nothing to grab and play with.

L loves corn puree! Has anyone made it from corn on the cob? Thinking I might get canned corn (making sure there is no added salt etc) and whizz it up.

Trish - daycare is going well. Thanks for asking. We need to increase his days as DH goes back to work in under a month. If worse comes to worse we can use days off and call on family and friends to help out while we wait for the days to come available where he is.
    Oh! Congrats to K for the rolling effort. I love watching L crawl. Do notice that his clothes and socks are getting dirty tho. I can use L as a broom on the polished floors LOL.
    Willow - congrats to L on proper crawling. He'll be chasing about your DD in no time. Hope you get better soon. Sorry your feeling at bit down atm.

Hope mummies and bubbies are all well.
    Last edited by Saffi; June 11th, 2008 at 07:44 PM. Reason: acknowledging L's crawling effort

Do notice that his clothes and socks are getting dirty tho.
    LOL! Same here. Their clothes can get a bit trashed with crawling.

becky Guest

Hey ll.

Will be back to do personals later, just wanted to ask, has anyone tried the new Pampers nappies? I think they are from the US apparantly, just being frought over to Aust. I was at Big W today and they gave me a whole pack of them to trial - 32 nappies! Plan on trying them tomorrow, just wondered if any one else had tried them?

quiet in here today...

haven't tried pampers...

saffi - the ol' bumbo has served you well to get this far. good time to pension it off.

round here, j has impressed me by guzzling sweet potato, carrot, zucchini and green beans. Next on the menu is broccoli. he hated it as a puree, so we'll see how we go. he seems way more open to things when he just feeds himself.

BB is painfully slow and keeps timing out! Giving me the ****s!

We must be getting more teeth around here, 45 min nap this am and wouldn't settle until 4pm this arvo after a dose of panadol, still asleep, not sure what time bed will be tonight!

BLW is great here too, makes her think she is on control, bahahahahahah.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast