Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #29

Viv - Ask your MCHN about kinder. In Vic you get an enrolment form when your child turns 2 and you can put your preferences down.

Speaking of Kinder, Joel went back today after the school hols and was hysterical saying he didn't want to go (last term his teacher went away for training so he went really downhill on the seperation anxiety front). I'd spoken to his teacher yesterday and she promised to work with him again. I got to the car park of the kinder and he was so beside himself that he vomitted all over himself . Not nice I tell you! I mopped him up, took him in and told the teacher I'd be back with some more clothes. He stopped crying as soon as I walked out and ended up having a great time as usual . This boy is going to be the death of me!!!

the poor sweetheart ^^^ just wants to be with mummy... god, i already know i'll be a mess when the day comes. *sniff*
    Last edited by ninja_turtle; July 15th, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

I know, it's soooo heartbreaking! I wouldn't be sending Joel if I didn't know he has a great time once I'm gone. If it was that dreadful for him I'd pull him out until next year. Kinder has been so good for him, he's made friends and he is learning heaps more than I could teach him. It gives me a nice break too.

Wow - poor little man!! At least he settled down and you know that he can do it!
    Caitlyn almost waves at me when I leave now - almost like yeah mum - you can go now - see you in 8 hours! Take your time!! I think I get more upset than she does!!
    Well it looks like I will be able to start working from home again in the next few weeks. I will be quitting my job here - I love the people but jsut cant stand the job! Great money though and thats something I have to discuss with my old boss who is employing me again. So I will pretty much be all day on the computer! Thats ok - I enjoy the work so at least I will be in a better mood most of the time!
    I am trying to track down some babyfood cookbooks. I have found a few by Annabel Karmel - does anyone have any other suggestions? I am sure Caitlyn is tired of her pureed/mashed vege choices right now! She gets almost the same thing for lunch and dinner all week - then on the weekend mum tries something new. Oh - pea and ham soup......not good!! Good going in....coming out was a WHOLE OTHER STORY!!!
    Anyway - Boss is looking at me strange had better run!
    Have a great day all - MWAH

Hi everyone,
    Well the practice run has gone fine. Yesterday he had 2 little naps for Nana so by the time I picked him up he was very tired. You know what the best part of leaving him was. Picking him up. He took 1 look at me smiled a huge smile and raced over to me for a cuddle. It was lovely. He was a bit out of sorts today when we dropped him off and when I called at 10.30 Nana said he went to sleep at 9.30 and was still asleep (that is very out of character for him). Not so worried about going to work though. He will be fine.

We have a tooth. Yay another on the way.

Saffi - Last time I had Ethan weighed he was 9.8kg. That was about 3 weeks ago. He is just so tall.

Ange - CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting. How are you feeling?

Well I am going to go and do the cleaning while Ethan is with Nana.

Have a great arvo!

Rebecca - There is a great baby food recipe thread here: http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/brea...d-recipes.html

alz - I'm glad the test run went well!

*Double post*

Stoopid gremlins...
    Last edited by ~Trish~; July 15th, 2008 at 03:51 PM.

Trish-Thanks - I have looked there before but there isnt a lot there that I could use. Whilst there are lot of recipes there I do want a lot more variety I guess. Dont know just want lots and lots to try and really have no imagination of my own! I also dont know what I should be giving my (gulp) almost 9 month old daughter now.
    I ordered some RM Williams jeans last week through work and they still havent arrived But gotta love a discount!!
    Anyway - home time for me - not a moment too soon!

Trish - hey babe, yeah I did try our library but the losers don't have it! LOL So annoying cause I'm interested in reading it but don't want to buy it. Poor Joel, that would have killed me, as I'm sure it did you! I'm glad he's settling back in once you've left though. Just remember this is all practice he needs before big school!

Viv - might have a look on ebay, thanks. Re teeth - depends. Our first two took about 2 weeks from the time I saw the whites till they popped. The top two (we seem to do them in twos, dd was the same) have taken longer, we're at about 3 weeks now, one came through about 5 days ago, I'd expect the second by the end of this week. Which is why the sleeping is starting to get to me again, it's been a few weeks now. It hasn't been horrid, but definitely average. TAking him longer to settle for day naps (and occasionally not at all!) and still waking at night, although we are averaging at least 4 hours on a 'bad' night, 6-8 on a good night.

Hi everyone

Congrats Ange....Wow... The Guni Mark 2!

Just came back from mothers group so need to get some lunch into me....Max is still being a lollop so nothing to report here!

Sorry for lack of personal attention! i'm sure you all understand!

Hi all

Willow - so far not impressed with the No Cry book recommendations. Most of what she recommends I do already, like bedtime routines, trying to up their food intake during the day, being reassuring when they do wake at night.
    Rebecca - I've got 2 copies of the yummy scrummy in your tummy cookbook (by Wyeth). PM me with your mail address and I can send it to you. Also try the Heinz website as they have recipes there. Also the yellow book (you get with the red health folder) has some recipes in it as well.
    Viv - if you go to the Qld Department of Communities website they have an online search tool for daycare, kindy etc by location, requirement. PM me if you need the web address. You can also call them by phone.
    Trish - poor Joel, poor Trish! Would be so tempting to put him back in the car and take him home, but you just need to remember once he is there he has the time of his life. Hopefully he will get back into the routine soon.
    Alz - good to hear that the trial run went well. Isn't it the best thing when they recognise you and give the biggest smile. L also does this full body jumping/waving movement.
    Ange - I don't mind surprises but DH hates them. If (when) we go for #2 will definitely be finding out. Did you know Lu was a girl beforehand?

Spoke to the daycare Director and she is able to give us 5 days by the end of July. Going to speak with my boss this week and let hin know I want to go part time.

Got the day off tomorrow and going to catch up with some friends. Work is definitely interupting my social life.

Hi to everyone!

Great, thanks Saffi. I had a feeling there wouldn't be much useful info in there for us, just stuff that we're already doing. Thanks for that, will give it a big miss I think.

Anyone still wrapping their bubs? We do during the day and for the first sleep at night (don't bother with it after that). Ditched it tonight and he did OK, took longer to settle but not too bad.

Ange no fair i don't want to wait another 9 months to find out
    How do you have the will power not to ask?

Willow we stopped wrapping here when M was 2 months, she didn't like it all.

Saffi have fun today

Thanks Mo, have a feeling we probably should have stopped a while ago but he seems to like it, and it doesn't bother him when he gets out of it so figured if it aint broke...but want him out of it before I go back to work and MIL has to put him down for naps (once less thing for her to worry about) and definitely before summer.

The guni was a surprise too Saffi. i thought i was having a boy. Show's how good my intuition is!

Willow- we havn't wrapped for a long time. I found the no cry book reassuring, and a little confidence boosting, in that i was doing what she suggested. There were also a few things i didn't think of. My theory is, read as much as you can, and take what you want from each thing. You can never read too many books! I'd loan it to you but a friend has it.

Sheeesh Trish, poor little Joel. Spew in a car is never good.

Laugh it up Viv, i have been, either that or i might cry! :P

Feeling good Alz, lu did a day of big sleeps the other day too. wierd.

Guni, the performing seal, has a few new tricks, waves on command, claps on command, squeals in a high pitched voice whenever she feels like it. She also weighs 8.9kg. no wonder i am getting biceps again.
    Oh and one last trick, she managed to go from 6.30 until 6.30 without the boob! She did wake twice, but a little pat and back to sleep.

That's all from me.

ETA Mo, too bad woman!

that's an impressive boob-free stretch for the guni -- maybe she knows another guni is coming and that she'd better learn to share. what was her last number of night feeds before she did this? *prays james gets the hint*

Either that or she knows her mumma is too darn tired to get her ar$e outta bed!
    Night before last, 2 night feeds. Has been one or two a night for a looooong time. How many is JJ doing?

don't ask... *eyeroll*

no really, before the top teeth started threatening, he was doing a "dreamfeed" (sometimes he was already awake and asking for it... hence " " )... and maybe a 2am, not to be seen again until 6am.

lately it's been 3-hourly yelping wake-ups. last night was 9pm, 1am and 4am, which is an improvement. hopefully he will pop those top fangs soon.

as soon as the lower ones came through he dropped back to one feed. he loves his night boob and i just can't bear to take it from him. he just strokes my shoulder so gently like i'm his teddy bear while he drinks, all sleepy and cute. i think i love it more...

sigh.

and this for everyone:

how many full outfits do you go through a day? i don't think he can have any meal without trashing himself and surrounds.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast