Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #29

So Ange getting knocked up is the trick to getting the monkey to sleep hey Oh god I hope the next one sleeps like an angel! Good on you first time lucky! Looking forward to hearing all about this pg!!!!
    Viv i hope those teeth come through soon!

Outfits-We go through 3 per day here! Including night time sleepy jammies. She has 2 outfits at daycare. I guess I am pretty lucky with my hungry hungry baby - can't waste food by getting it on her - its all gotta go in the mouth!!
    Well I have now given up hope with Nurofen and am going to try back with the Panadol. 3 nights in a row that she has woken up crying and gotten a feed plus Nurofen (more teeth on the way it seems!) it has taken her more than 2 hours to go back to sleep!!! Normally its a feed, dummy in mouth, roll onto side, fall asleep for another few hours. Now its been a nightmare!! Shes not crying/yelling/etc just laying in her cot, waving her dummy around and talking at it. She can't see it - her room is pitch black but gee she has some conversations with it and she really gets quite cranky with it!! Its sooo frustrating. And then she gets so excited with it that she rolls onto her tummy and THEN starts crying......so suffice to say...my eyes are hanging out of my head today. I put her down for bed at 630, cooked dinner, ate, cleaned up, watched a little tv then had my shower, went to bed and read for an hour or so. 1030 I turned the light off - 1145 she was awake and wanted dummy. Then up again at 1 and didnt go down until 330 this morning when I gave up goiung back and forth with her and just bought her back to bed with me. We slept then until 7 - thank god!!!
    Anyway - have a bit more work to do and am sure you are all tired of my b****ing ! Hope you all have a great day! MWAH
    ETA - Thanks heaps Saffi!!

don't sweat the b!tching, rebecca. i'm in the stalk-eye club too...and i strained my lower back lifting boof-tastic around... *whinge*

ange - i'm laughing because it took us 2 years to make jj... and you just line one up and bingo. makes ttc look like a walk in the park.. (although i doubt much walking was involved) *snerk*

new question: at what age can they move to a more compact stroller? while i love his current big one, it is ridiculous to lift and won't fit the new car very well.

anyone have any recommendations?

Can't go past a mclaren. We have the vogue. She's been in it since about 3 months as it fully reclines and has a head support. So much better than a big one when you are lifting it in and out of the car. Great to push, but would you expect any less from a racing car driver?! it really is awsome, a little on the $$ side though.

Hey all, I'm sitting here smelling the chicken roasting in the slow cooker, mmmm...

Viv - I've been using a stroller for K for ages, it's sooo much easier than lugging his pram around. I still use his pram for big walks, but I use the stroller for trips to the shops, etc. I have a Maclaren Quest and can tell you that Maclarens are the best stroller you can buy. If you don't mind spending the money, it is an awesome brand. You won't find anything easier to steer.

Rebecca - Gaahh! What a horrible night! I hope tonight's better!!

Amber - How's Myles going o'night atm? I hope you're getting more rest!

Ange - Hooray to Lu for sleeping so well for mummy! She must know you need the rest, such a clever girl! And so clever for waving and clapping on command! I reckon she'll be enrolled in uni next year LOL. The spew in the car was not nice. Luckily I have heaps of car seats in my shop so I could wash Joel's one off and put replacement car seat in while the other dried down!

Willow - K still likes to be wrapped, but more as a sleep cue and only loosely. He just likes having it around so he can pull it over his head LOL! Sometimes I just hand it too him to cuddle for his naps. He doesn't "need" it either and when I check on him his arms are out. I think it's just a comfort thing, like a favourite teddy or something.

Mo - How's Maddi feeling today after her glass ordeal?

Saffi - That's great you can put L in for 5 days if you need it. GL asking your boss about going part time!

Julia - How are you guys going? Has Max got any new moves? I'm trying to teach K to go onto his knees, it's hard work because he really fights it! When the chiro tried to make him do it yesterday he said that K is the stiffest bub he's seen! He said he's really strong, he's a mini tank I tell you!

K says "mum", "bub" and "dad" all on command now, it's so cute. He gives a massive smile when he's done it because he knows he's so clever!

Have a great night all!

Ange...Max was also a one hit wonder.....SURPRISE! Wonder how the next one will go...Don't think I'll practice just yet

Viv - How heavy is Mr Booftastic? Big M is now 10.15kg....ouch. Still as clingy as ever too. Hope JJ's top fangys pop for you soon....I guess it makes them a bit happier...till the next lot. Clothes...M isn't much of a grub. Eats so well he gets most of it in the mouth. If I'm not going out, I usually just keep him in wondersuit for the day....Meh...I wish i could! Stroller, I'm looking at them ATM. We are going to the UK in November (brrrrr!) so want to get one for there. I don't fancy having a big bulky thing to heave around with me!

Rebecca - That is funny about C talking to her dummy. M has learned how to click his tongue and make funny sounds with his mouth, so finds that rather hilarious at the moment! Oh and I've resorted to taking M back to bed with me too during the teething process....it's good for ALL!

So...I'm taking him to the chiro tomorrow. I know...physio and chiro, but hey, rather just check out that there isn't something else bothering him about being on his tum rather than pure laziness. Whinging still driving me insane, and the kid just doesn't want to get on his knees....he straightens himself like a surfboard....weirdo! I've heard his shoulders 'click' a couple of times, so lets just see...Chiro tomorrow, Physio on Friday. Everything else with him is good, he is clapping, waving, playing peek-a-boo, and doing his strange mouth noises. He is a whinger but an absolute crack up!

oooooo I'm going back to kickboxing tonight....SOOO excited!!!

Hello Hello to everyone else
    Last edited by YoYo; July 16th, 2008 at 04:59 PM.

LOL Julia, I tell everyone K is like a surfboard when I try to get him on his knees! They sound so similar it's scary.

Julia- My friend is an osteo, gave her daughter regular treatments and her bub never moved, she just sat there until 14 months! Now at 18months she is running all over the place. So maybe relaxy will just hangout for a while too. Wish i was going to kickboxing, was kinda hoping to be back to peak fitness before TTC, ah well, better lern to live with the bulge a bit longer.

Trish- not before she learns sign language! still doesn't say much with any conviction. Maybe enrol her next year. :P

Rebecca- How the hell are you managing to work as well as be up all night, you're my hero for today. i couldn't do it.

In regards to clothes Viv, i just leave her grotty! No matter how many times i mop, she is dirty after half an hour crawling around. We have 2 open fires and they are constantly producing a fine layer of dust. I change her if we're going out. But not likely to get any surprise visitors out on the farm.
    So the long answer is generally 2-3 outfits a day. including sleepwear.
    I didn't know it took you 2yrs to make JJ...... ya better get back on the wagon now, just incase it takes that long again. Stories like mine must make you want to throw darts. We've had 4 from 4 with 2 m/c. Not a bad strike rate. Book arrived, will post tomorrow. Maybe Friday.

SOOOO TIRED....SO SORE....BUT FEEL SO GREAT! I love boxing!

That is all!

Ange- How the hell am I managing???....ONly just I tell you now!! But some nights she throws me a bone and sleeps right through - last night from 7pm until 5 am. Was nice I tell you. But when her teeth start to bother her again I have no doubt I will be up and down again and more than likely she will throw another one tonight and wake up all the time. But I only worked 5 hours yesterday so it wasnt too bad - oh thats paid work of course. There was still washing to do and hang out, dishes to do, dinner to prepare and bookwork in preperation for our tax being done so I guess it was a full day. Am glad she slept through last night though - is a full 8 hour day today and tomorrow. But thanks Ange - glad someone recognises my effort (damn DH!!!)
    Oh it looks like I will be returning to work for my old boss from when I worked in Townsville. They have set, or are setting it up, so that I can work from home. Which will be nice. Will be full days but at least I am at home and once I get used to listening to the new radiologist and understanding him and what he says then I will be able to sneak off during the day and hang out washing and all the rest of the stuff that I could do if I was at home and not doing paid work.
    Anyway - looks liek it is pretty quiet in here so far today. Have a great day everyone! MWAH

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011