Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #29

Claire Guest

Viv - Happy Birthday! Re bf: Harry's are a little more over the place these days, depending on how much he eats in solids, also how he's feeling generally (teething at the mo).

Trish - Ribo rash is caused by the mixture of flavour enhancers that are used to increase the effects of MSG (by 15%) - if you had eaten something with them in (you knoe the ad with flavours you can see?) etc it could pass over in your breastmilk if a child is susceptible. It's a pretty nasty rash but all accounts. Has it gone now? Going back to basics is a good way to go.

Harry is killing me here - he's sleep is atrocious at night, even when he's dosed up on Nurofen or Panadol (he's defo teething now though). What am I going to do? I gave him water the other night and he drank it down so that means he's generally hungry or thirsty right? I can't seem to get him to breastfeed anymore during the day, he's too easily distracted. And I can't make him eat anymore - I really need him to give me a respite here!

Clare- i sympathise, that was me not so long ago. I BF her in the night when things were tough. Now things have settled back down and she is sleeping well again. It is only a phase, a tough one that sucks, but one that will pass! Is it his top teeth? They were killers here.

Kellie we got Maddi the ball pit as-well she loves it.
    Going to wait for the Target sale then lay-by M a toddler swing set for Christmas, The smarty loves climbing upstairs now, thank goodness we don't have any here expect on her cubby house.

Claire hope Harry settles for you soon, M's top teeth were killers here as-well she wouldn't sleep unless you held her.

Hey all

Happy Birthday Viv. I hope DH and JJ spoil you. You deserve it.
    Claire - hope H gets over the teething soon.
    All the talk about the slow cooker is making me hungry. MIL has one so I think I'll ask if I can borrow it. DH loves his casseroles and stews. Might be nice to come home from work with a hot meal waiting.

Can I boast??? Last night L slept through!!!! I did a dreamfeed at 11pm and we didn't hear from him again until 6.30am. I know some bubs sleep 12 hours straight but for us this is big. He had daycare yesterday so think he was so exhausted. This morning he slept over 3 hours. Didn't have a sleep this afternoon so I am hoping he does big sleeps tonight too.

We hit the KMart toy sale in a big way. Bought the FP toddler swing, a cute puppy that sings and talks, some bath play toys and a cart that converts into a ride on thingy. The cart thingy is being put away for his birthday. Can't wait until the Target toy sale when can get other birthday pressies and maybe even Xmas!

Introduced L to vegemite and chicken today (not at the same time). This morning he crawled over to me and wanted some of my breaskfast. He was so obvious about what he wanted. So tried the old black stuff and he loved it. Managed to get a lot of it down his front.

Working 3 days this week (and for the next few weeks or so until L's daycare hours are increased). Looking forward to it. Poor DH goes back to work on Monday. Don't think he is looking forward to it.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Happy Birthday Viv...hope you had a fab day

Too tired to talk...had to brush out Charlie and wash him today....eeerrkkkk! Hard job!

Back tomoz!

Hi everyone,
    What a week. Busy, busy, busy. I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I am going out soon so I will catch up on everything tonight when I get home.

Is anyone else having trouble with day sleeps? Ethan is a shocker. Had about 40 minutes this morning and about 45 this afternoon. Surely he is too young to drop down to one sleep. We tried 1 day sleep yesterday as we were out all morning. He had a great sleep in the afternoon. 2 and a half hours. Any advice. Has anyone else dropped a sleep yet? My only problem with him having 1 sleep is that I have to work hard to keep him happy for about an hour. I am trying really hard to figure him out because as of monday week he will be spending 2 days with Nana and I need to tell her what she should do with him. Argh. Just when you get them figured out they change.

Anyway better go.

Hey gals, few quick things:

Viv - happy bday!

Saffi - WTG on the sleeping through, that's unreal!! I enthusiastically share your excitement!

Claire - we are slowly coming out of a bad night sleeping phase. He was sick and teething (top two teeth nearly through) and I never thought it would end...hang in there...

Ange - we're cutting top teeth now, man, they are taking forever and giving him sooo much grief. He's constantly rubbing at his face and mouth, poor fella. Still haven't sent your book, it's on it's way though, promise.

Alz - "They" don't recommend dropping to one day sleep till at least 12 months, more like 14-15 months. Most babies can't cope with it till then. I'd say it's a rough patch, stick with two and I'm sure it will improve again.

Well another one to brag here - L slept for 8 hours the other night!!!! :woot: Again, not a huge deal for some, but it's massive here! First time he's ever done a stretch that long. Nights much improved the last week or so, hoping once these teeth pop through things will be even better.

Any b'feeders returning to work soon? I'm going back mid September (only 2 days a week) and starting to stress about how booby boy will cope...

Hey all

Day at home today. Bit nervous about how I'll go on my own with L. Been 2 months since I have been on my own with him...... So far we have had breakfast and he is on the floor playing with some toys. Hopefully he will go down for a sleep soon.

Willow - spoke too soon the other day. The last 2 nights I was up to him at least 2 - 3 times and both nights needed to do a 4am feed. Pleased to hear that L is getting better overnight for you.
    Alz - day sleeps are pretty good here. We average about 2 x 2hour sleeps during the day. When he is at daycare he usually only has 2 x 1 hour sleeps and is really stroppy by the time we get him to bed. Some afternoons he won't sleep but that is usually when we are out and about. KWYM about entertaining them being hard work. I really look forward to those couple of hours when he asleep.

BBL

Trish we had the roast last night so yummy & tender.
    M had hers with sweet potato & carrots, she couldn't eat it fast enough!

How much breakfast do all the babies eat? I swear M could beat me in a eating comp some times. Not that I'm breakfast person anyways.

Alz-Day sleeps vary around here, We average 1x60min & 1x90min

Willow yay for L, hope it continues for you

mmmmmm roast. We had one on Sat Mo. Maddi will love a swing set, how cool. Will is have a slide? can i come over and hae a go? huh? huh?

Day sleeps here are a bit hit and miss too.

Saffi- Boast away! Gives us something to look forward too. I can't wait until she has a nap so i can do what i like! Sounds terrible but it's true. Bet you'll surprise yourself and be fine on your own.

Willow- good to see you! Nice work on the 8 hrs. I love it when she sneaks one of those in. Still BF'ing but not heading back to work anytime soon, not much help sorry!

Morning guys!!
    Well for those who asked - I have had a lot to catch up on - my friend Taz has still not had her baby and I dont know whois more frustrated by it - me or her!!!
    Yummy on the roast. I finally got around to cooking pea and ham soup in my slow cooker on the weekend - Caitlyn LOVED the broth of it and I am going to puree some at lunch to try her on this afternoon.
    We had some pretty good sleeps over the weekend. Friday was 12 hours and then back to bed with me for another 3, saturday night was 10 hours. But last night we couldnt do more than 5 hours at a time oh well. She had a really big sleep on sunday so I think that threw things out! Oh well.
    I do love to cook in my slow cooker but havent graduated much past roasts and pea and ham soup. I have looked at the recipes on BB but its a lot of stuff that I wouldnt eat so havent been brave enough to try anything else.
    Still no teeth or crawling. Her "twin" at day care - a few days younger has 2 teeth and is past crawling and is now pulling herself up on things!! Mind you she also has a few older brothers and sisters to watch on the weekend. So maybe that is helping a little. Dunno - when C is ready I guess it will all happen.
    Anyway - had better get back to work. Hope you all have a good day.
    MWAH

Of course you can Ange, i'll play on the monkey bars, you can have the slide, Maddi & Lu can share the swing lol

M has a MCHN appointment on July 15th, interesting too see how long she is now!

thanks for all the birthday wishes. i must say 32 doesn't feel so bad. having a nice chilled Veuve or 3 took the edge off it.

saffi - congrats on the sleep through

um, i can't remember much of the last 3 pages so... i'll just randomly stab at it:

trish - what's up with k's skin at the moment? any improvement? i was thinking that sorbolene is always nice on itchy skin things - as both a cleanser and a moisturiser.

ange - i'm still laughing about the laying log thing... :rotfl:

what else...

question - once the teeth have popped through, do they continue to bug them until they've grown all the way up? or... is he still drooling, pooing and waking up crying because he's working on some more

my vote is for more teeth. I thought the same, but turns out the next two weren't far behind.....

Hi everyone,
    Well I know "they" don't recommend dropping to one day sleep until at least 12 months but this is rediculous. I spoke to my MIL and she said that hubby dropped a sleep around this age too. He stopped all day sleeps by the time he was 2. Ethan is a lot like his dad. We went out this morning so E has only just gone to bed. I expect that he will have a decent sleep now. I figure that if I give him lunch early (about 11 or 11.30) then he can go straight down and have a few hours sleep before his afternoon bottle. He gets more sleep when he only has one sleep than if he has 2 and is much happier. Anyway I suppose it is all trial and error.
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

Alz - Tahlia is nowhere near close to only have 1 sleep, she still has 3 some days (usually 2 * 1 hr and maybe 1 * 45mins). Although, having said that, she is one of the youngest bubs in here, some are 5 weeks older than her. 5 weeks can make a big difference!

Willow - hope L has done some more 8 hour stretches for you! I have to go back to work in October, and I'm not sure how Tahlia is going to cope at all without her b/f's. I'm trying not too think about it!

Saffi - hope your enjoying your day at home with your little man

Mo - can I come over and play too?

Not much new with us, about to head to the shops when T wakes up, we need some more big bibs! We are running out of them way too quickly and its only going to get worse as she starts eating more.... and maybe I can detour past the toy sales again (he he he) :P

oooo - someone to play with....can we come too!!??!! Caitlyn loves playing with all the kids at Daycare but I am sure she would prefer some friends her age.....me too! My age though - not her age.
    For all you mums going back to work later this year - I will be honest and say it has been one of the hardest things that I have had to do for a long time - including the whole labour thing. I am only at work part time! I hate leaving her and I dont think it has gotten much easier. Although after a weekend like the weekend just gone it is nice to be able to have a little break from her. But I must admit that I did pop in and see her at lunch time. So I am sorry!! And I feel for you. I so wish that I had had the "luxury" of staying home with C for longer than I did before returning to work but unfortunately that wasnt an option for us. Financially we would have suffered.
    Mind you - Daycare has just informed all the parents out here that the fees are going up in a week - $53 a day now! Has jumped from 46 to 53!! I bloody hope I get some money back at tax time I tell you now!!
    Caitlyn has about 2 sleeps a day. She sometimes has only about 45 mins at a time but for some days she has closer to three hours. It all depends on what time she gets up of a morning but we sometimes have 3 a day.
    O o o o - we put her in the walker yesterday and she actually went forward - intentionally!!! She has going backwards and sideways down pat but she actually took a step or two towards me!!! Woohoo. Guess that means we will be starting to baby proof the house during the next week or so. I am hoping she will start to crawl a little soon.
    Anyway - work calls yet again! Oh and the Avon catalogue does too!
    MWAH

Hey all!

Hope you all had a great weekend! We went caravan hunting again on Saturday, so tiring! We know what we want now, just have to find the right one at the right price. Not sure how I feel about caravaning with K yet... I'm sure we'll have a blast when the boys are older, we'll do a lot of caravaning down to Phillip Island. They both have surf boards already, I can't wait to teach them to surf!

K is still loving his food, sometimes when I feed him on my lap on the couch and put the bowl on the floor when we're finished, he'll lean right over to look in the bowl just to make sure it's all gone! Such a little piggy.

Oh, and a little quiet one...K slept 11 hours without waking ONCE last night! He can sleep up to 12 hours, but usually wakes once or twice for a quick dummy and a tuck in, but last night he didn't, I wondered if he was OK!

Viv - Glad you had a great birthday! Thanks for asking about K's rash. It's kinda gone in that there is no more red, angry rash, but his skin is still dry and itchy. I've been putting some Dermaveen cream on it everyday, it has oatmeal in it to help with the itching. I might try sorbelene though. Sounds like James is about to pop some more teeth to me!

Mo - I'm glad you tried the chicken in the slow cooker, it's the best isn't it?! I won't make it any other way now. Oh, and the leftover chicken makes the best toasted sandwiches!!! K & I are so there for the swing playdate LOL!

Kellie - K is still on 3 sleeps a day too. I can't imagine dropping one yet, he doesn't do 2 long enough naps to get us through. Have fun shopping!

Alz - My DS1 was 18 months old when he went down to one nap. I guess they're all different!

Rebecca - Your poor friend is probably so over being pregnant! I hope her baby arrives really really soon!!

Ange - You are always up for a meet up and a play date, such a social girl! I'd love to see you try out Maddi's swing set, hee hee!

Saffi - Hope you are enjoying your day with L and remember what to do with him LOL!

Willow - Woohoo on L doing 8 hours!!!! That is awesome, I hope he keeps it up for you!

Claire - Thanks for the rash info, I'm really not sure what I could be eating that is causing it. Please don't say chocolate! I hope Harry has been sleeping better for you.

Have a great day everyone!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast