Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #29

round here he does 2-3 sleeps. last one is hard to get him down for though.

8am
    11 ish
    3 ish

open to variation according to mood.

Claire Guest

Top teeth = well there are definitely on the way through as are the bottom ones too. Maybe they will come at the same time?? An then he will become a angel sleeper? Ange/Viv, as far as I know in our case anyway, it's trouble all the way with the teeth, and those molars...............they are a lot of fun!

Roast dinner! Yum! I'd eat one every night if I could, just love roast potatoes! We had fish, homemade chips and peas for dinner last night followed by pears for the children and warm chocolate brownie and custard for the adults (I know, I'm a cruel Mum!) YUM YUM!

Well I survived today. He didn't sleep much (only 2 one hour sleeps). I thought I'd lie down too but by the time I did he decided to wake up. I hate it when that happens. Hopefully he will go to bed easily tonight and I might get an early night - got to go to work tomorrow. hehe

Just saw the funniest thing. L is in his activity centre chewing on a rusk. One of my dogs was sitting there just waiting for when it fell on the floor - which it did. She made very short work of it. I know this sounds gross, but I feed all the dropped ones on the floor to the dog. She loves them.

Definitely think L is teething again. Grumpy, heaps of pooey nappies, off his food.

Kellie - KWYM about the bibs. We go through tons of them. Ikea have 5 bibs for $7 Bargain!
    Trish - I can just picture you and the boys now hanging 10 off Bells Beach.
    Viv - Veuve - classy! Where's mine?? Still older than you, you spring chicken.
    Rebecca - KWYM about working outside the home and being a mum. You get home after a long day and have another shift ahead of you. But its worth it. In the end it is finding the balance that works for you and your family. Have to admit to having a few twinges of guilt/saddness when I walk out of the daycare centre. They are really good but it feels like you are missing out. Thats how I feel anyway.
    Alz - you can't force a baby to sleep so if he is happy to do one sleep a day then one sleep it is. Not only do bubs inherit DH's looks but also their sleeping patterns.

Anyway, DH has just come home so better see how he coped with his first day back.

It was a lovely sunny day here, so bundled Lu into the pram and headed off on a walk through the bush. We were about 4 km's from home, when a storm blew in, i had no raincoat, just a little pram cover for Lu. The pram started leaking and dripping on her face, she was not impressed and started screaming! So i took her out and we huddled in a hollow tree for half an hour until DH drove past on his way home!!! Lucky i had one of the dogs with me, she barked when he was coming so i ran out onto the road. He was very surprised to find a dripping wet wife and a baby wrapped in plastic!
    I am exhausted now.

Waste not want not Saffi! Our dogs get everything that the guni can't finish! I think i'll head to ikea for some more bibs, thanks for the tip. How'd forst day back at work go for your DH?

Alz- like Saffi said they are their own dogs. If he only need one sleep then that's what he needs, as long as both of you are happy.

Clare- Can i come to your place for dinner??? YUM! Not looking forward to molars.

Trish- What caravan did you decide on. We have a camper trailer and i love it. Want to upgrade though to a flasher one! I can't wait to put Lu on a board either. A friends DD was riding a mal when she was 3! He would set her up standing and then give her a gentle push to take off, so cute.

Can't stop thinging about veuve now. i want some bubbles!

hi girls!

Ange you always can make my day with a great story! Hope you 2 were not too cold! You dog must be like lassie knowing when your DH was coming! lol!
    Julia what type of dog do have again?
    Alz I think all babies are really different when it comes to sleep! Myles can go all day with one big sleep or he usually has 2 maybe 3 lil sleeps of about 40mins! But he is not a big sleeper anyway!
    Willow what great sleep! Send some of those vibes this way please! Will you be expressing for when your at work and at work?
    Mo Myles has some muesli and some toast and scrambled egg for brekky most mornings! I with you on not being a brekky person but having Myles makes me eat it which is good!
    Rebecca Hope your friend pops soon! And C will do her thing when she si ready! I miss having a non mobile baby sometimes! Myles never stops!lol!
    Viv so glad you had a nice birthday! I wish i could have had bubbles on mine dam boobie feeding lol! Maybe James is getting more teeth?
    Kellied i know what you mean about the bibs! We got some cute ones from target with the days of the weeks on them so we would have one for each day but DH decided he would use them whenever
    Trish we would love a caravan! Its so easy camping with myles that a caravan would make it even easier! Maybe you send be sending me sleeping vibes 12 hours wow! thats great!
    Claire mmmm warm choc brownie! Hope your lil man starts sleeping better !
    Saffi Glad you survived your day home with L! hope your dh didnt miss L too much!

Not much happening here in the energiser bunny house! He just doesnt stop! Even Terri(star) commented on how much energy he has! Oh god what type of teenager will i have, mustn't think about it! Myles is loving his food too now! He had spaghetti last night and has scrambled eggs every morning! Well most of it ends up on the floor but he enjoys it!
    Better go have a great night xoxoxox

juggling_2_kids Guest

Hi ladies, I am new to this thread and just stopped in to say hi.

I live on the Gold Coast and have 2 girls one age 4 and my bubs is 8 months. She was born 4 weeks early and sat up at 6 months and is almost crawling. We started her on solids at 5 months and she eats anything, everything and all the time, she is my 'chubby bubby'.

As for sleeping she sleeps from 7 till 12, up for 15 mins for a habit feed and then back to bed till 7:30am. Day will have one 2 hours sleep in the morning and a half hour nap late arvo, but if we go out she only has 2 hours sometimes 3 hours. Cant complain about that.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Kelly

Kelly. Welcome.

Welcome Kelly! We're a friendly bunch of mums, I'm sure you'll have fun here!

Ange - You poor things! We got caught in the rain too today. I swear every afternoon when I take the boys for a walk it rains when we are too far from home! I hope you're warm and dry now. We are looking at getting a pop-top caravan with triple bunks at the back for the kids (one bunk for storage or a friend/cousin). They are very hard to come by second hand, the ones we have seen at the dealers cost as much as a new one! A camper trailer would be awesome though! We used to always just tent it, so a camper trailer would have been luxury for us.

Amber - Wow, Myles really does sound like an energiser bunny! Joel was exactly the same as a bub, I used to look forward to his bedtime just so I could have a break!

Saffi - I'm glad you survived today! Our dog always gets the kids leftovers, there's nothing he won't eat so at least nothing ever goes to waste!! How was your DH's first day back?

Claire - mmm...warm brownies...can't blame you for not sharing with the kids LOL!

Welcome Kelly! you will love it here!

Trish how did you cope with the never sitting still! I cant even read a book to Myles without him squirming! I feel like i am missing out on bonding time cause he is so active

Claire Guest

Welcome Kelly! I juggle two too!

Which reminds me I'd promised myself an early night -Night all!

Welcome Kelly - think you will enjoy it here!
    Well my friend Taz sent me a message at 645 - her contractions were 10 mins apart so I am just waiting to hear the happy news. I would love updates but I know how annoying that can be!!
    DAMN I HATE being so far away!
    Night all
    MWAH

Rebecca hope your friend has a good labour! Cant wait to hear your exciting news when she lets you know! xxx

Kelly. I'm a Brissie girl tho I grew up on the Coast. Look forward to getting to know you. What are your girl's names?
    Rebecca - woohoo, me thinks there will be a baby before the morning.
    Ange - what a sad sight the two of you would have been.
    Amber- we have those bibs too. I scored three at the Expo from the Triumph stand. Never one to refuse free stuff.
    Trish - DH hasn't said much about work. What was cute tho was the big smile L gave him when he walked in the door. He got all excited it was so nice. DH and I have changed roles. He was happy to do the bath, bottle and bed routine. I can tell that he really missed L.
    Dogs aren't too keen on the vegie leftovers.

Got a grumpy boy here, so not holding out too much hope for tonight. Just as well I've mastered sleeping at my desk with my eyes open.LOL

Rebecca - believe me, the mortgage is the only thing sending me back to work too! As I was contracting before DD came, I have to look for a new job, I'm really hoping I can find something part time.

Saffi - are the Ikea bibs big? I'll have to check them out next time I am there

Ange - your story made me giggle, although I'm sure you weren't laughing at the time! Hope you didn't get too wet

Welcome Kelly!

Trish - hope you can find a bargain for your caravan!

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Hope everyone has a night full of sleep!!!

Hi Kelly and welcome to the group!
    another mum of 2 here. I have 2 boys. My eldest is 2.3yrs he was born 7wks early, and my chubba bub Tyron is almost 9months old.
    sounds like you have a pretty good routine there and a very content baby thats great!

Rebecca- hope your friends labour went well, its hard being on the other end isnt it! when it was us we didnt want ppl asking every 2seconds if the baby had come yet but when ur so excited for someone else u just wanna share in their excitement!

i'll prob be offline for a bit, we are moving on Saturday, this week is super crazy we are packing moving the boxed stuff ourselves. My lovely mum is minding the boys for the arvo today and on thurs so i can go there and get some unpacking done. It can be done with kids but its so "stop, start" interuptions, feeds, sleeps etc etc etc not much gets done!

Ange- glad u and Lu are ok, must have been a long 30min wait though!
    Tyron has 3 sleeps during the day but they vary in length. sometimes he has one BIG sleep and 2 cat naps, yesterday he had 3 short 30min stints which seemed pointless after battling at each one to get him to sleep! (another tooth is cutting and its all swollen and giving him greif)

feeling a lot better now but either ate something bad or had a bug on the weekend i spent most of Sat night with my head in the toilet bowl throwing up.... Sunday afternoon i was hot and cold and achey, DH was at the new house, as soon as he came home i took myself to bed (bout 7pm) then i must have fallen asleep straight away (cause i didnt see the end of domestic blitz!) and i slept until 7.15am when Ty woke up.......

Well I heard from my friend Taz this morning - Jessica Lily was born at 719am this morning! She was 7pd 9oz. She had a 5 hour labour, gas only and a little tear that requires no stitches!! She even got to catch Jess herself and cut the cord. She had a perfect labour and she went to boob straight away. There is a picture of little Jess in my gallery! I am sooooo happy for her and so proud that she did so well. I just wish I could be there now to cuddle the little one. But I will be going to visit in 3 weeks!!! WOOHOOOO
    Little Miss C slept from 715 until 6 this morning when I gave her a bottle and bought her back to bed. She still doesnt have the rolling from belly to back thing happening and I think that is all that is waking her up - she hates being on her belly. Mind you she cant hate it that much - she sleeps on her belly without a drama. Think she just likes the cuddles in the morning!
    Trish - Cool about the caravan.....have you thought about checking ebay out?? They have heaps of vehicles and stuff on there and you might find something close....or the trading post?? Good luck! I would love to be able to go camping - something that we are going to look at in the next few months - if DH ever gets any time off.
    Nickers - DH was a bit that way inclined this morning - had a BIG technicolour yawn at 2 this morning. Poor darling doesnt do the sick thing very well (typical bloody male!) but he is up at work this morning so he must be feeling a bit better at least.
    Anyway - am at "work" so best go try find some to do. Have a great day all!
    MWAH

nickers - good luck with the move

rebecca - how exciting for your friend! I bet you cant wait to meet the little bub!

We had the worst night ever here.... she woke pretty much every 3 hours all night with a really strange cry, a cry I've never really heard before. Could it be teeth? I gave her panadol a couple of times overnight, and that seemed to settle her for about 4 hours. I feel so wrecked today, she had longer stretches than that overnight when she was a newborn, so its a real shock to my system. She seems fairly happy today tho.... do their teeth worry them more at night time?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast