Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October 2007 #29

Amber, it's so stressfull isn't it? I had a lump a few weeks and back and had an US of both breasts, i had both because of my recent shingles. Shingles can be associated with Ca, so Dr was being extra cautious, but turns out all was fine. Infact 90% of lumps are fine. So hope yours is too.

Last edited by Junglemum; July 11th, 2008 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks Ange! I am sure it will be nothing! But its there in the back of my head taunting me iykwim! My cousin had something similiar and it turned out she had fibriscitious(sp?) So maybe it could be that? Keeping everything crossed just in case!!!

Evening all

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It is just so sad.

Had the best day with L yesterday. Our local PCYC has a crawlers session where bubs and mums interact with music and activity. There were heaps of great toys. L had a wonderful time crawling over everything. Will definitely be going back again.

Amber - best to get the lump checked out. Sure its nothing but you can never be too certain. Totally forgot about the BB meetup Was at work so I could have gone down to the Parklands but pretty busy now that I am working 3 days a week.

Speaking of which DH has come round to the idea of me working part time permanently. Still got to find out what days we can get at daycare and then see if my boss agrees. It will be a nice balance.

Willow - L is starting to pull himself up on things too. Won't belong before our boys are cruising the furniture.
    Viv - sounds like teeth but then I've said that before. Gee, its a drawn out process.
    Mo - good news that your Mum is settling in to her new home.
    Trish - how was your day alone with K?
    Julia - YAY to Maxy getting another tooth.
    Ange - are you over the shingles yet? Heard that they can hang around for months.
    Kellie - I'm sure T's teeth will come thru when you least expect it. Just hope she isn't miserable for ages in the lead up.
    Rebecca - how's C?

DH's b'day tomorrow. Taking him out for dinner sans bubs. Looking forward to it tho I suspect we will just talk about him all night.

Nothing much else happening. Ho hum.

Amber - I'm sure all will be ok, best to get it checked out for peace of mind though

Saffi - glad to hear DH has come around to the idea of part time

Not much new with us, still no teeth. She is starting to commando crawl a bit more now, so cute, and then she gets back into sitting position from her tummy

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Hi all!

Amber - Big hugs for you . I know it's hard not to, but please try not to stress, I'm sure the lump is nothing serious. Because you're b'feeding you will find more weird lumps and things than you normally would. When are you getting the u/s done?

Kellie - Yay for Tahlia commando crawling! K sometimes commandos backwards, but it's very rare!

Saffi - That would be great if you could work PT! Definitely the best of both worlds for you all. My day with just K yesterday was lovely, thanks for asking! It was much quieter and I could give him my full attention for a change. Joel had a wonderful time with his nan and cousins.

Willow - I'm glad L is sleeping better at night. The clever boy for pulling himself up! Bring out the stack hat mummy!!

Viv - I hope that tooth pops out and you get some better nights sleep again. IKWYM about the poos...

Rebecca - I hope Caitlyn is feeling a bit better. Seems like we both have a couple of lumps on our hands! They'll get there ONE day!

We've got a fairly busy day tomorrow, our best friends are having a dedication ceremony for their son who is 6 weeks older than K. We're then going back to their new house for lunch. They've just moved around the corner from us, hooray! Then my sister and her two kiddies are coming for dinner while her DH is away for the weekend. Should be a fun day!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Amber I'm sure it's nothing as-well.

I have a great one for the
    Bad Parenting File!
    Maddi broke her glass bottle today & swallowed a piece of glass, yes you read that right SWALLOWED a piece a of glass about 1cm by 6mm.
    Took her to Casey hospital, who then sent us to the Royal Childrens.
    Thankfully it's passing through her system fine, but if she hasn't done a poo or passed it by Monday morning it's back off to the RCH & if she passes it but there is blood also back off to the RCH.
    She came so close to having an Operation to remove it, Just so grateful it didn't get stuck etc...

Sorry for another selfish post, Things have got to get better soon right?

Mo - You poor thing! Glad to hear Maddi is ok. Hope everything works out and she passes it easily!

Trish - love the new ticker pic
    Last edited by ~kellie~; July 12th, 2008 at 10:21 PM.

OMG Mo!!!

Oh no Mo! How terrifying!! I'm so glad Maddi is OK, I'm praying for you that it passes easily and she won't need to go back to the hospital. It's all happening with you guys atm!

Thanks Ladies, it scared the carp out of us both, I found a big piece in her mouth first & then got thinking she may have swallowed smaller piece, i can't believe how quickly she swallowed it.
    So glad they went ahead an x-rayed her because they were just going to observe her, because there was no sign of damage, she was happy, playful, didn't cry once and we got a first & hopefully last ride in an Ambulance the paramedics were great, blowing up gloves to keep her amused.
    She didn't get one cut in her mouth which is a shock because she had two pieces of glass in there, got one little cut on her finger.
    We are so lucky!

I'm still so frazzled, I just need her to pass the glass!

omg Mo! Hope she is ok! You must have been frantic! what a scary thing! I spose they are putting everything in their mouths and we cant watch them all the time! Your definately not a bad mum! Far from it

Mo - how scary! These things happen so fast don't they. I'm glad there doesn't seem to be any injury. I swallowed a marble once (was about 6). My poor Mum was dissecting my poos for about a week. At least with a bub we are pretty used to analysing poos!
    DH broke a glass the other day and despite vacuuming the floor L still found a speck of glass with his hand and had a bit of a bleed. DH was in trouble let me tell you!

Had a lovely dinner with DH last night. After assuring our sitter that L would be asleep all night he woke up and then wouldn't settle. Wasn't crying but just playing in his cot.

Forgot to say last post that I weighed L on Thursday, 9.62kg! What a boofer! He'd had a bottle and some food prior to being weighed so even accounting for that he would still be around 9.5kg. What are other boys up to now?

Yesterday tried L on chicken, egg yolk, cheese and beef. Think I've been too slow in introducing variety in foods. There's no history of food allergies in our families so figure we will just go for it. Funny watching his first reactions.

Anyway, need to put L down for his morning nap.

Have a good day.

ETA We have glass finally, such a relief!
    Last edited by Khaleesi; July 13th, 2008 at 12:30 PM.

Hooray, I'm so glad it came through Mo!!! Now you can stop worrying so much

Saffi - Glad you had a nice dinner out last night, we haven't done that since K was born!

Mo so glad everything is ok! xx

I feel a lot better, She seems so sore down there now, only doing a little poo then she'll cry & stop.
    Guess it might take a while for her bowel to go back to normal, she's not interested in solids at all the moment only bottles.

Saffi glad you had a nice dinner, What a great weight L is.
    M is 8.68kg bare as of yesterday, they really slow down with the weight gain once they get active, seems like she's been in the 8kg's for ages.

Wow Mo I am glad things have worked out a little!! What a nail biting experience for you!!!
    Weight - I havent had C weighed in a while but she must be going great guns cause we are now in the toddler nappies - 10kg and up. I dont really think she is 10kg but she is a round thing! when I go to Townsville in 2 weeks I will get her weighed then.
    Trish-I wouldnt mind so much still having a "lump" if it didnt bother her so much! She seems to be getting more and more frustrated that she can't get about and get to things when she wants to. The only time she moves anywhere is when she is on her belly on a hard floor - and then she just goes backwards!! She is still waking herself up at night when she is on her belly - I have no idea what to do!!
    She woke at 1250 last night and was onher belly. So I rolled her back, gave her a bottle and left again thinking she would just drop off as per usual. No....we were up and down until 330 this monring. She wouldnt sleep on her back (screams!) or her side as she kept rolling onto her belly. She much prefers to sleep on her belly but has to be half asleep and roll onto it to actually sleep on it if that makes sense. Anyway gave up at 330 this morning and took her into bed with me and DH. Slept till 730 am when I awoke to the dog barking madly and a loud knocking on my front door! The owner of the house I am renting told me a few weeks back tha she will be coming down to do some work on the house including painting the roof. I told her that the best time wold be while we were in Townsville. anyway - she arranged for someone to come to do the roof this morning!! Whilst I am not complaining that she was getting it done but it would have been nice to have been told when it was getting done so I didnt have to answer the door with bed hair in my gorgeous flannellete (?sp) pajamas!! Not impressed and will be telling her so tomorrow!!
    anyway - am off to try to feed the monster oops I mean Caitlyn of course. Hope you are all having a good day!
    MWAH

Evening all,

Mo - how scary. I am so glad that Maddi is ok. These things do happen so don't beat yourself up over it. Just celebrate that she is ok. Wow I don't come on for a few days and this happens.

Well hubby and I had a night away last night. We celebrated our 4th anniversary on Thursday so this was our thing. Left Ethan with my parents and sister for the night. He was perfect for them so that was good. He didn't really miss me (oh).

Tomorrow and Tuesday are the practice runs for leaving Ethan with Nana as I go back to work next week. Feeling a bit sad about that but I know he will be fine. The practice is more for my benefit than his. I have found some things to keep me busy for the two days so that is good.

Another sad thing. My baby boy is growing too fast. I need to go shopping for some size 1 clothes as he is showing off his little tummy with the 0 stuff now. Aahh he isn't meant to be that big yet. Does anyone know how to stop them growing so fast?

Oh a cute story before I go. Ethan learnt how to sing and dance this week. He likes to sit at the bottom of the shelf that we keep the radio on and bounce up and down and say "bah, bah, bah" with the music. Sooooo cute.

Have a great night all.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast