Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #2

Kristie - tori has chew marks on her cot too!! NOt to nice if i was thinking of selling it but hey what can you do!!
    Nikki - sorry to hear you ended up with the dreaded lurgy. i hope you arefeeling b3etter now.

I ahd my midwife appt today and all is good, measuring perfectly and BP is perfect etc, veyr uneventful but thats what we want. Afterwards i went to my friends house who has a disables son and tori took it apon herself to feed him his lunch which was quite cute. She actually went all day today without sleeping untill 4.30!
    playgroupd went well for us too on monday, one of the girls is also in our swimming class so i think i am going to fit in as a local in no time. Counting down the sleeeps till the move, only 18 to go!!!

better get going, she is feral and her father is not handling it well at all!!!

Hi all. How was your day.

Well we didnt do much. Spent some time out side with Callum and He went in the little pool in the nude. He loves the water so much. Keeps feeling his penis and looking at it. Very cute and funny. He was sitting there feeling himself and I said "hey what are you doing" and the look on his face lol.

We had pizza and lasan and he ate it all up. Loved it. Had a big play with him and DH and now he has just gone to bed. With Monkey of cause. He is so funny. You say to him where is monkey and he goes to his room and laughs when he see him. So cute.

After dinner he got one of the balloons from the party and was bouncing it with the string on his hand. I was sing "bounce bounce, bounce the ball, bouncing so much fun" and he was cracking up so much. Then the phone rang and after DH talked on it he gave it to Callum and Callum puts it to his ear. Very sweet. My sister gave him Duplex for his birthday and it has a little cat in them and he was looking at it and I was telling him Cat, cat, the cat goes meeow and then all of a sudden he puts it up the his ear like the phone. DH and I broke down Laughing so hard it was very funny. Then Callum was running around showing off. lol

nikki - Glad you had a good day today. Watch out for the child. There is always one in a group.

Krisvee - Awww how funny is louis and cleaning. That is good. Nice that DH and he sets the table. Isnt lovely when kids and men have kiss or play time. Callum and matt (DH) always has time with eachother. Matt will bath Callum and then play chasings around the house. That there little game. I think its wonderful. Callum tries to chew on his cot but its one that came with hard plastic covers so they dont mark the wood. Glad your mum is ok after her op.

Awwww Beck that is so sad. Thoughts are with you and your friend.

deancey I love corn beef. Yummmy. Thats some thing I will have to give Callum as its so solf. Might do that tomorrow night. Hope you enjoy your dancing!!!

Melissa - Im sure they wouldnt make cots toxic. Hmmmm they wouldnt would they. Surely not. Oh but you never know. I guess all they want to do is sell the goods.

Monabap - Thanks so much. I had dramers with the cake but it ended up ok. I use the monkey theme as my son Callum loves this stuffed toy monkey....lol Im sorry Patric is having temper tantrums. It must make things hard for you. How are the girls going at school???

hello to all you other lovely ladies. Hope your well Sarjo, meg, tiff, kate,melinda,dan and all the rest. Soz if ive missed any.

BBL

Take care all.

Cindy Im glad your check up went well. Hope you continue to be healthy...
    Last edited by Trillian; February 8th, 2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: two post in a row

Wow.. maybe Patrick is one of the few around this age that ISN'T chewing on his bed. It is wooden too.. the one thing he IS doing which is a bit annoying is trying to climb out of his cot. He is actually a really good climber which is pretty scary!!

Cindy - glad your appointment went well - uneventful is a good thing isn't it!

Kristie - so glad your mum did well in her operation! I am sorry it got you down though. I can understand how that would have made you feel emotional. I am sure she will enjoy when you get to go and visit her tomorrow!

Missy - okay monkeys ARE cute.. that would make an adorable theme! My girls seem to be doing well at school - thanks for asking. One started year 1 and the other kindergarten, but it's a new school for both of them. It is probably quite nice they can go together, especially that they are so close in age.

Ros - Did you cry when your second DD went to school. Geee I can remember Melissa (DD) starting school. We walked in and she said ok bye mum and It broke my heart. I wanted her to be one of those kids that dont want there mothers to go. But nope she couldnt wait to leave me. I left and rang my mum in tears. I think I was back there 1/2 before school finished. lol. I was worst when she had to go to high school. I cried at the farwell party they had, More like sobed but I was also very pg with her brother. So I know im going to be a mess when Callum goes to school. Oh well at least ive got 4 years to wait...lol

tracey,how do you cook corned beef and how do you buy it,cos i just love it and dont know where you buy it,is it in a tin or fresh at the meat section????sorry i sound so dumb but i just have to know cos i too will cook it tomorrow nioght if you can let me know.
    melissa sorry af turned up.
    kristie,your little man is just going to be the best catch later in life.he is just sooooo yummy.
    i am going to a positive parenting program that runs for 5 weeks starting tomorrow,it is designed for 1-5 y.olds so they think i am going to learn parenting skills for chantelle but i am actually going to find out how to deal with the horrible behaivior my 8 y.old is diplaying every day.dh is also going to leave work early to come along as we beleive this is something we both need to do to tackle the problem effectivly.
    i am also doing a day stay program on thursday with tweedle to get some help with effectivly managing my time with a new born and toddler.hope it helps.
    have not heard yet if the people have accepted our offer on the house so hopefully we will know by tomorrow.
    ok thats it for me.
    a huge big hello to everyone and may you all have a great day tomorrow.
    nikki

Hi!

My sister called and we went and visited mum tonight. She's doing really well so thats good. She was so grateful that we turned up...I'll probably go again tomorrow night just to make sure someone is. I called my brother and he's umming and aahing - she'd be so glad if he went - boys can be so insensitive sometiemes...

Melinda - Yeah, maybe it's from boredom - sometimes in the morning it takes me a while to drag myself out of bed! hehe.

Cindy - Yeah on playgroup! Thats great your making friends out there! Glad your app went well! Tori sounds very cute feeding her little friend!

Missy - Sounds like you guys had a great day today!! Callum sounds like he's eating really well now as well! Yeah! They can be such little clowns now!
    I think I'll be a mess when Louis goes to school!! (although it might depend on how many bubbas I've got at home! hehe)

Ros - Thats scary that he tries to climb out of his cot!! If Louis was doing that now I'd be setting up the single bed quick smart! hehe...They're sometimes a bit clever for their own good!!!

Nikki - Sounds like you're doing some really positive stuff to keep on top of things! Good for you!! The parenting classes sound great - Thats great that dh is going as well! I hope everything goes well for you on Thursday as well!

K enough from me as well!

Nikki, you usually buy corned beef in the fresh meat section or at the butcher, and my mum boils it with cabbage, carrots and onions, and I think rosemary or cloves..

The one time I made it for her, I cut the carrots wrong (according to mum it HAS to be sticks, and I cut circles!!) and boy was she made! ha ha,

*LOL* Rachael. I cook my corned beef in the slow cooker. Put in a cup of water, a dash of vinegar & brown sugar, throw a couple of bay leaves & a handful of peppercorns in; and turn it on. Comes out melt in the mouth.

Mmmmm....I think I'm gonna have to cook some this week. I made this beautiful white onion sauce with mustard to go over the top of the corned beef.. OMG I so want some corned beef with steamed vegies & mashed potato now!

Missy - I think being pregnant has a LOT to do with it...
    I was 7 or so months pregnant when my first daughter started school and I was crying a lot!! I think it was partly that she was my oldest too. With my second, I didn't cry. We knew the school, the teachers, etc. It was such a big thing for me when my first started.. but yeah I think the pregnancy hormones sure had a lot to do with it too!
    I think the youngest would be difficult too.

Nooooo dont talk about the little ones going to school! My neighbor reminded me this morning...only 4 more years till Abby gets on that bus! That seems like it is too soon! lol!

Beck so happy for your friend! I'll be praying that her little bubba sticks! Oh and I think we are twins separated at birth or something...we have so many similarities! lol!

OK, now I know if ladies hang around each other a lot then their af schedules synchronize, but I am half way around the world from you ladies! lol! Well, if I lived closer we could all get together and eat chocolate and watch sappy movies and all that! Sorry for any AFs that were unwelcomed!

I talked to Don about how I was sad and he told me it just isnt time. My emotions tell me abby wants a sister or brother now! lol! We decided to wait a little while so Abby could be more independent and help out with the baby as she would be more a toddler than a baby herself if she was 2.5 or 3 years old. She may also be potty trained by then, so one in nappies at a time would be good! I still get emotional and think I want to be pg now....Im sure this is partly AF talking though!

I will so have to check out Abby's crib to see if she has been biting it! Sounds like something she would do! lol!

Oops Abby just woke up...I'll have to plan on more personals later!

Sarajo, time will fly and you'll be TTC before you know it!!
    Beck, can you please give me the white sauce recipe for the corned beef, Im going to have to try it....YUM. Also where do you buy corned beef? Woollies?
    Gotta run, Im working today, so sorry no personals. Hope everyone slept well (coco woke a few times but I didn't go in. Just dont know why she's doing this, I cant feel any teeth).
    Will be back on later this arvo
    lxoxoxoxo

Hi! Good morning!

Sara - I'm sure the year will be fly and you'll be p/g again before you know it!!! It's hard when you feel so clucky though....

Meg - Don't work too hard!!

No news from me...I really feel like having a day at home doing nothing but I just don't think it will happen...too much to do. Although Louis was up at 7am this morning!!!! so I'll have to be home by 11ish anyway for him to have a big sleep. (7am's the earliest he's been up in ages!! Yep - I'm spoilt!)

Hey guys,

Hope you all have a great day - i have to go to work

And, i have to tell my mum today that i've dropped out of uni, i want to do a massage course, and i want her to pay for it... boy she isn't going to be happy... she is a bit of a snob sometimes...

i'm so scared to do it.. and i want to chicken out, but the course starts monday so i have no choice!

Well good morning all!!!

Hope you all doing well. We had a early start today as I had to have some bloods done at 8.30 so we were up at 6.30 and trying to make alot of noise so Callum would wake up. And he did. LOL . Nothing to worry about with the bloods just my yearly blood count, I aways get one done.

Nikki - Corn beef is sooooooooo yummy. I was going to have it tonight but might wait till Melissa bday on monday. She loves it and they will be coming back from the gold coast. Good on you going to learn parenting skills. Hope you enjoy it!!!

Krisvee - im glad you mother is doing well and was happy to see you. Yes men are P*** some times. lol. Yes Callum is doing so well with his eating. Very happy. He is being such a good boy. He is growing up so fast. Ill be a sook weather I have another child at home or not when Callum goes to school. Im just like that!!!

rayray - That is the way you make it. My mums make it the same as yours but without the cabbage. We have cabbage as a side dish with white sacue. Ive made it a few times and I just love it. Nice and soft.

Beck - all this talk of corn beef might make me cook it tonight instead of Monday....lol

Monabap - I agree with you. So hard when you pg to handle things. Quiet funny some times how you can cry at the drop of a hat!!

sarajo - im sorry you have to wait for another bubba. I know how you feel. I have to wait but not cause we want to but have to. It sucks so much. If I could have nat pg I think I would have been pg by now and then would have gone again. I want 4 but time is running out for me as im 36 this year...sheeeesh that sounds old....lol

Hi Meg hope your well and good luck with sauce!!!

Well all ill be back later. Take care!!!!

LOL good luck YaelSounds like being at school and getting in trouble and having to go tell mum!!!...lol
    Last edited by Trillian; February 8th, 2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: two post in a row

Yael - Good luck with your mum.
    I just checked out DA's photos, he is sooo cute! I love the piano playing photo.
    Ok - weird question - how do you pronounce your name, is it Ya-elle, so two seperate sounds?

Kristie - 7am would be heaven (although I'd probably be late for work if I slept in til then too) Milo slept in til 6:45am, I was rapt.

Cindy
    - I am glad your appointment went well.

Missy - Callum sounds gorgeous! Milo is doing the telphone thing too. He kept finding my mobile phone, so we got him a toy one and he flips it open and holds it to his ear.

sarajo 3years is about the gap that we would like to have between bubs. Though its more from a financial point of view for us, as I want to bae able to have a full year off next time around, it was so heartbreaking to have to go to work when Milo was only 5 months old. So we have to save up, reduce debt, and save up some holidays so that I can take the time out.

If I am still at my company in another 2 years, I will qualify for long service leave, so will have an extra 3 months paid leave up my sleeve, which combined with the maternity leave I get would mean I could have 1 year on half pay. It'd also mean I'd be 32 though, which kinda scares me a bit.

I might try to make corned beef for DH and Milo on the weekend. I don't eat red meat, but its DH's favourite, so I might invite mum and dad, or my brother & his GF over for dinner. I'll still eat the vegies though!

Rayray - yes Callum is very cute. Its funny you know as soon as he turn 1 he is like another child. Grown up I mean. Has anyone else notice that. Callum is abit like what he is like with monkey with the phone. When he hears it ring he runs to the base to answer it and if you are talking stands there yelling at you to give it to him. Ive brought him like 3 play phones but nope he wasnt the real on....lol.... That would be nice having dins with family and cooking corn beef. Good luck with it hun!!!!

Hi!

Yael - good luck with your mum!!

Missy - It would be a miracle for me to be up, out the door and somewhere by 8.30am! Our earliest is Thursday mornings and we have to be at swimming at 9am and it's always a rush! (Maybe thats because I never set an alarm! hehehe)
    I figure I may as well make the most of it while we don't have kinder/school commitments!!

Rachael - sounds like a good plan so that you can have more time off next time!! Sounds like it will be worth the wait!

Corned beef, corned beef, corned beef....hehehe. I must say I've never made it (mind you I've been a veggie for the last 10 years) I suppose dh would like it....oh well - he can just stick to a plain old roast for now...hehe.

Missy - I completely agree - the kids do seem to grow up heaps once they turn 1!!! I'm going to get Louis a toy phone as a present from dylan when he arrives. He loves phones as well! I let him talk to his Nanna or dh but he usually just listens...when no-ones there he says hello and bye but not when anyones there. The only other thing he'll say now is if anyone asks how he is he'll say good!
    Last edited by Trillian; February 8th, 2007 at 03:21 PM. Reason: two post in a row

Kristie - I had to be out early as I couldnt eat or drink anything and all I wanted to do was have a coffee. So that is why I wanted to be the first there so I could get home and have a cuppa. I know, how funny is it that they seem so much older. As for the phone, Callum just laughs and pushes the buttons when he is talking to some one. Usually hangs up on the ppl we talk to....lol. Can I ask why you are a veggie. Is it cause you just dont like meat and is it just red meat or chicken as well???

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast