Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #2

Default Babies Born October - December 2005 #2

This thread is for parents who's babies were born in October to December 2005.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Catch up with your old thread HERE

Wow I am first! yee ha!

I knew Milo's amazing self settling was a one off, but I didn't expect him to follow it up with the worst settling effort thus far (apart from when he's been sick). Last night was about an hour of screaming, and I am pretty sure it was seperation or anger not teething. In the end DH sat next to his cot until he fell asleep (which is what I mainly do, but its usually more like 15 minutes than a full hour.)

Callum's party sounded fabulous!

Gobblygook - I missed you post the first time around. Good to see a fellow Nov mum in here. You mentioned your bub had been unwell? Is all OK?

sarajo - nuts on AF turning up, but I agree, and sort of stress on your body can throw it out of whack. The week I got married, my AF was a week late, turning up the day before the wedding!

I can't remember any other personals, owing to the thread change, so next time for sure.

TMI Warning here
    Not sure whats happening ATM.

There was weird bleeding (9 days) while I was on the pill, so I thought I would stop, wait til the next cycle then start again. Oh and I tested then too BFN which was good cos we are not TTC. That was OK til yesterday (about day 10 or 11 since the bleeding stopped) when there was a small amount of bloody CM. Its stopped now - should I test again or just wait and see if AF shows up? I never had any symptoms or implantation bleeding with Milo.
    Last edited by Pandora; February 6th, 2007 at 09:58 AM.

Becka - I know its horrible to lose a baby. Was this her first pg??

Rayray - Awww thats no good about Milo not settling. Must be hard. I find the older they get the more they push you. Can be cute some times lol but other times pain in the butt. As for the bleeding Id wait and see if AF come and if not by a week do a test. Good luck!!!!

Callum had heaps of omlet today. Home made with chicken, cheese, sundried tomatos, onion, olives,basil, pasley and shellots. He loved it. Then he had custard. Yay Callum as there was no monkey. Been a few days without him now. He is doing well.

Hope you all are well

Dan by the way we only did statues, well Melissa did. The kids just wanted to swim and go on the jumping castle. Melissa and DH fly out on Friday. Im so excited for them. Melissa is still asking what is happening...lol. Its been hard not telling her. She is a teenager on monday. Big 13...lol..Where did the time go.!!!!

Hi!

Ooh a new thread - I can't remember the last posts - sorry!

Rachael - Sorry you had such a rough night with Milo. Sorry I can't help with the af stuff...a bit confusing though - hope it sorts out soon!

Missy - Yeah on Callum eating all his lunch!!

We've been shopping again today....I really better stop...bought Louis a new jumper and t-shirt and Dylan some new jumpsuits...
    Although we had great news today and dh was been given his payrise!! Woohoo!! He's been really nervous about it and had to negotiate with his boss but he's got what he wanted!! We don't earn a lot but this will mean he'll clear an extra $140 a week!! Woohoo. We should really be able to start getting on top of our debt....
    Louis is asleep and I feel really tired..I should lay down but I won't....

Nikki - Hope you're having a better day today

Tracey - ooh I remember your post I think - Yeah on having fun at dancing!!! I'd actually love to do a casual class again (opposed to teaching!!) but I'm sure I won't get around to it. Bugger you can't make it to Cindys! I'll have to pick a date soon for my baby shower and let you all know!!

Kristie Yay on the pay rise. That will help as I know how hard it can be!!!
    Glad you had fun shopping.

yes i am having a better day today,went to the new playgroup with tracey(deancey) and it was actually really good,the other ladys were very nice and very easy going.there was one ferril child there so will have to keep my eye on her but otherwise great,chantelle is having a nice big sleep now and harry is feeding as i type.
    we should find out today if we get the house so fingers crossed.
    nikki

Hi!

Thanks Missy! It will be an extra help if I stop spending it so quickly..hehehe...

Ooh Nikki! Yeah for having a good day! Wishing you lots of luck for getting the house!! Glad playgroup was good!

I've been having a sooky moment the last couple of days...Louis has been soo good and nice! He's just the best little boy in the world! He's doing so much funny stuff - his sense of humour is really developing and we have such a giggle! He also loves helping mummy out around the house. He even passed me my towel when I finished my shower today and I asked him to put my nightie on the bed in our room and he did it!! Louis and Dh set the table each night now as well! hehe. He's also been giving Dylan lots of cuddles as well. He came up to me yesterday when I was squatting at the cupboards and gives me a big hug from around the back....makes my heart melt. He also keeps grabbing his teddies and saying cuddles and giving them big ones! I also love that dh and Louis have big cuddles and kisses all the time as well...we definitley didn't have all that in my house when I was growing up!
    I think he's a bit of a neat freak because if there's a bit of paper/fluff on the floor he has to pick it up and put it in the rubbish! hehe and when we were in spotlight yesterday there were some fleecy blanket things rolled up but they were on the floor and he had to pick them all up and put them back on the shelf - hehe!
    Sorry for the rant - it just fills me with such a warm fuzzy feeling!! hehe. I have to make the most of it while it lasts! hehe. He'll probably wake up later and be a terror! hehe.

Kristie, that is just so darned cute! What a beautiful, sweet little man you have - he is going to be such a great big brother when Dylan arrives!

You guys with your sweet stories...I'm seriously so teary & emotional at the moment (good old AF) and when I read things like Kristy talking about Louis, and then watch things like Trish's montage about Tehya's arrival. Talk about sob city!!! *L*

Missy - yes, it was her 1st pregnancy.

well I have one knackered little man. Jordan fell asleep within 5 mins of leaving playgroup today. He had no morning sleep at all so did really well to last till 1pm. He had a great time today, especially as he got to play with Chantelle. He is so dirty though but he is asleep in his cot, filth and all. I will clean him up when he wakes up.
    I am cooking corned beef for tea tonight YUMMY. Jordan loves it to so it will be good as I am finding it hard to give him variety with his meat. Normally he has sausage and veg or chicken. He isnt very good with steak yet. He loves spag bol though so we can generally get him to eat meat that way.

Danni the church will ask for a "donation" as they are not allowed to charge a fee as they are a chariety organisation. So they say donation to get around it. We had a donation of $50 to get Jordan baptised in Melton. When we got married it was $250 but we only paid $50 as the priest made our flower girl cry at the rehersal. He was nasty

Sarajo Sorry to hear AF arrived. Hope you gets lots of BDing this month and catch that egg.

Missy I am dancing at a school called "dance scape" it is in Nidrdrie, looks like quite a good school. Yeah on Callum eating all his omlet. I was getting hungry reading about it. Think I will have to eat something soon.

Meg I hope Coco has a better night sleep tonight. Its terrible when you wake up many times in the night. Sounds as though you are a light sleeper like me. I hear EVERTHING

Beckibee Yeah on your friends pregnancy, thats wonderful news

RayRay What a helpful DH you have to sit with Milo whilst he went to sleep.

Krisite LOL at the shopping, you are so funny. Louis is just a heart breaker he is the sweetest little boy. If you can manage it please make the babyshower after the 9th of march and I will definatly be there.

Nikki I am so glad you had a nice time and Chantelle seemed to have a good time also. LOL about the feril. SOme of the tantrums were funny. I sure hope Jordan doesnt crack them like that. I am so glad you made it and Harry was so good. Slept and ate, a real treasure.

Dani thanks for the pics of Jett he is a little cutie.

Well I think I will make something to eat as I havent really had lunch, just ate some chips whilst I cleaned the floors.
    Take care XX

Hi!

Becka - I think Trish's montage got us all!! It's so beautiful!!

Trace - Sounds like you all had a great time! Love the piccie of Jordan in your ticker (sorry if its been up for weeks! hehe) I should update Louis'.
    I'm cooking roast chicken...well for the boys anyway...I only eat all the roast veggies - hehe.(but I make honey carrots and cauli & brocc in cheese sauce as well as the roast pot & pumpkin!)
    Yep - I'm pretty sure the baby shower will be after then! Probably a week or 2 after...
    ooh now I'm getting hungry - Louis and I had some bakers delight earlier (and I had a choc chip hot cross bun - they are the best in the world!) but I bought some avocado & carrot nori rolls as well so I might have to go and have some - Louis eats the plain avocado ones - he loves avocado!!!

well Jordan must have worn himself out as he is still sleeping. WOW thats 3 hrs now. I think I will wake him at 4.30 if he isnt awake as otherwise he will never go to sleep tonight.
    Kristie I love bakers delight. YUMMO and honey carrots.
    WHich reminds me I should organise the vegies for tea. The house smells like corned beef its delish.

Trace - just think of the peace and quiet! hehe...I know what you mean though..I usually wake Louis up by 3-3.30pm otherwise he won't go to sleep...mind you we like him to be in bed as close to 7pm as possible so we can have some time out...

Oh...I meant to say! I've noticed Louis is chewing on his cot!! There are big teeth scrapes all around the top!!! Does anyone elses bubbas do this?? Little terror - may have to put him into his bed sooner than I thought....It looks terrible!! I don't think it's probably very good for him to eat either!
    Last edited by Trillian; February 8th, 2007 at 03:17 PM. Reason: two post in a row

Kristie, I haven't notice Milo chewing his cot so far, but have heard of other bubs doing this, so you are not alone.

choc chip hotcross buns sound great, if only I was not on a diet. Last year I had them toasted with nutella! YUM-O

Kristie - Benjamin chews on things like crazy when he's got teeth coming through. I'm not so sure about the cot chewing thing though..depends if it's timber or metal? I'd be careful nothing is too toxic on it, anyhow you'd think the manufacturer would think of that before they make these things...

Sara - I'm on board with you again too, as AF arrived at lunch today here. I've got a GP appointment tomorrow and might discuss getting my cysts checked out again to see if they're the problem behind my AF being all over the place and regularly late.

Nikki - How are you handling things with all those munchkins?

Beck - After 8 years of IVF I bet your friends are really over the moon to find out they're pg...

Rayray - Not sure how to help you on this problem, but a visit to your doctor might be a good thing for peace of mind if at all you're in doubt with what's happening.

Melissa

Hi everyone... hope you are all well.

Nikki - sorry you had a bad morning yesterday - we all have mornings like that ((hugs))

Yael - the birth announcement is adorable.

Missy - Callums party sounds like so much fun - and the cake looks great!

Kristie - that is great how Louis is being so helpful - how adorable. And glad to hear your appointment went well!

Becka - sorry to hear you have stuff going on in your personal life with your friends that is getting you down Hope things get better soon!

Sarajo - no, they call gas petrol here. Sorry AF came visiting I was living in the US till December, btw. (WA & MI)

Meg - what a scare with Coco! Glad everything is okay!

Tiff - the night duty sounds exhausting - what are you doing? Sorry - still trying to learn who everyone is...

We are doing well. Just settling into our second week of my girls being at school - kindy and year 1 - at their new school. Getting used to the routing. Patrick (15m.o.) is not enjoying changing routines. He has been having the WORST temper tantrums every day. It's really hard to deal with.

Hi!

Just had a little cry as my mum has had an operation today...An elective so nothing to dramatic but I called up to find out how she's doing and they actually put me through which I was surprised at and she was really out of it and all croaky...just made me really emotional...I've been not stressed at all about it but once I spoke to her I just couldn't help it...I'm going to see her tomororw and get her some flowers...

Rachael - Wow on having nutella on them! Not sure I could manage that as well! hehe. You'll have to have one as a treat before easters over though (they've got them out sooo early you've got heaps of time! hehe)

Ros - sorry to hear that Patricks throwing tantrums...I imagine it would be hard getting all the kids organised and into new routines at the start of the year....Hopefully he'll settle soon....

Melissa - Yeah ours is a wooden cot...I don't think it's teething I think he's just cheeky!! It's definitely not out of frustration either as he's not cranky when he's in there...Hopefully he stops it soon!
    Bugger about af...

I've decided I'm over the idea of cooking and now we're getting fish and chips...I spent over 1/2 an hour trying to get through to mum and talking to my brother and sister that I'm over it all now...I did manage to make banana choc chip muffins though...Hmm healthy eating here tonight! hehehe.

Kristie, Logan has been chewing on his cot too. I think it was teething for him at first as he would also sit on my bed and rub his teeth against the arm of my computer chair too. I think sometimes if he gets bored he sits and gnaws on his cot before I go in to get him out.

be back later for more personals, just wanted to say that while I remember. Off to bath Logan, he has been so cheeky today, I'm exhausted, and I hope he is too. LOL

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast