Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #20

Default Babies Born October - December 2005 #20

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in October - December 2005.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2005-19-a.html

Last edited by Trillian; May 18th, 2008 at 11:18 AM.

I have nothing to say - i just wanted to be the first in here!

Got to go do my last party for the next 2 weeks and then i will check in on you and do some personals!

Tracey - isnt it annoying those last few weeks!

Kristie OMG Dylan! Scary

Hi!

Hope you have a good party Cindy!

I'm off to gymbaroo - they're having a night out for us mums with Pinky Mckay talking about her new toddler book and they're having strawberries and champagne etc only $5!!!...should be nice to get out for me! Geez - and I'm out Friday night - what a great week!!

Chat later!

have fun Kristie. Let us know what you think of Pinky's talk.
    I want to register for the todder workshop that she is doing in Ausust at the new BB centre, I seriously thikn Neil and I need to be on the same page with Milo, and we just arent at the moment.

what page is he on racheal? grant and i often have the same problem but i am sure it is the same for most parents.
    kristie as a nurse i would suggest you do see a doctor about this.it is actually not something i have come across before so i cant give you any info gosh it does sound scary.gee he is starting young with the tantrums,i am lucky so far we dont get any from harry,but we are having trouble with him at night.........oh god it brings back some bad memories.he is also teething so i hope it stops soon.
    nikki

Krisite that sounds scary with Dylan passing out... I would be going to docs also. WOW at the surprise present. We are making mothers day gifts at playgroup tomorrow ( well I prob making most of it )

Rachel I think all parents end up on diff pages from time to time I know Jamie and I do. I try not to intervene though when he is doing his thing and then we talk about it later. I try not to undermine him infront of Jordan. I think Milo is a well behaved little boy so you are both doing an awesome job.

Nikki I hope that Harrys sleep improves soon for you. You certainly have had your share of sleep issues and certainly dont need anymore.

Cindy I love the photos you have of the girls on facebook. They are both gorgeous. If they dont get work I will be SO surprised.

Well had a nice night, went shopping with jamie after he came home to buy some pants for Jordan and for him. I also bought myself a mothers day pressie ( new ugg boots ) I wont wear them till sunday though.
    Jordan had us in fits tonight. We were calling him to come to dinner and he replied "i'm playing in liams room". It is one of his 1st real sentences he has contructed.... so funny. when i went in to get him he was climbing on the bookshelf. I took him off and told him to come out. As i was walking out the door he said "i'm playing bye mum" and shut the door in my face.... LOL I tried so hard not to laugh. He is so cheeky.
    Well off to bed I think for an early night XX

Hi!

Had a fantastic night! We all could have chatted for ages - I found pinky great - very easy to talk too and very normal iykwim?? There was only about 14 of us there as well..I bought the toddler tactics book so that will be an interesting read.

I'm so excited about the bb centre - does is have an opening date yet? I would recommend the toddler tactics workshop if it's anything like tonight...I would love to take Michael to something like that but I know he wouldn't go...I'm considering it but it's $125 and I'm not sure we've got that at the moment...She said tonight that she doesn't have many places left though...

Nikki - Poor Harry with his teething - hope his sleep settles soon...
    I'll book Dylan in for the dr tomorrow or Fri...I so hope everythings ok...

Tracey - Glad you had a good night! Jordan sounds very cute! I bet he can't wait to meet his little brother...

OK - I better get some sleep..Chat later

well if i didnt have the laziest day today. Went to playgroup where we made our own mothers day presents and card LOL. We made phot frames with the kids pics in them, really cute.
    I didnt even cook tea tonight i was knackered so it was fish and chips..... not off to a good start at being a stay at home mum/wife OH well, I have time to improve, cant start out too strong.

Kristie glad you had a good time at the seminar thing. Its good to get advise now and then. I am always getting out my parenting and preg magazines.

Well looks asthough Liam will stay put for another day so should be right to make it to dinner tomorrow night. Then he can come whenever he likes.
    Take care and see you all tomorrow

cindy,i meant to ask if nicky s coming tomorrow night?

Nikki - I asked her but she hasnt got any money at the moment so has to give it a miss - damien had someone not pay an account of 30k and they have to take them to court about it so yeah, no joy for her at the moment. Oh, dont mention it next friday either- she is rather embarrassed about it.
    Kim is coming though, she is getting to my place about 7 and then we are on out way! Kristie if you wanted to come with us, feel free to be here then too! I will see if al can bring something nice home to drive!

See you all tomorrow!

Tracey- no baby tonight ok???

Hi!

Had a very ordinary day today...Spent all day trying to find a place that we could actually get into for mothers day brekky due to my family leaving it to the last minute...then my sister says she's not going anyway - grrr...then the worst news of all - my best friend went for her first scan and looks like her bubbas (she was p/g with twins) probably haven't made it...so have spent time crying about that...I feel so awful for her...she's off to the dr's tomorrow so if she wants me to I'll drop the kids off at my sil's and go and visit her in the arvo...my heart is just broken for her and I know how excited she was and how much of a fantastic mother she will be...I just want to fix it all for her...

I then can't help thinking how lucky we are to have such beautiful, perfect, precious bubbas!!! You just can't take that fact granted for one second...I seriously consider myself to be so lucky to not only have 2 healthy children but also to fall p/g so easily with no complications...for some people it seems to be such a battle...I can't imagine the ache they have in their hearts...

Sorry for such a down post...I'm just feeling really emotional about it all...

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night - I will pick myself up for then!

Cindy - thanks for the offer but will be super easy for me to just head down the freeway...

Tracey - Thats great you had a lazy day - geez you won't be able to have any soon enough - take the time to chill out and rest now!!!

Chat later...

BB center opening is it think may 25. i know its that weekend, not sure which date but its in the 'messages from bellybelly' forum somewhere.

I wonder if they are all nearly booked out (the workshops) cos there are 3 being run thru the year. I will have to book in soon by the look of it. It can be my birthday present.

Cant wait for tomorrow night. If I am running late its cos I have to take milo to a birthday party at 6, leaving wezza at 7 though so I hope to get there on time.

Krisite OH i am so sorry for your friend, I hope she is ok. I know what you mean about taking things for granted.

Well I got a bit more motivated today and cleaned the couch and the floors and also did a load of washing. Thats it for today.
    MIL and BIL came to visit this morning as they missed Jordan. He is normally at MILs on a friday when I work. He just loves playing with jamies brother, he is a big kid himself.
    Cant wait for tea tonight. Will be great to get out without kids, prob the last time for me for a while.....
    We think we found accomodation for Hawaii, we are getting 1 bedroom with kitchenette. As we are there for 12 nights we dont want to eat out everynight and Jordan didnt like the fatty foods last time. We will get rollaway bed for Jordan and take porta cot for Liam. Its a little back from the beach, only 1.5 blocks but we cannot stay in motel room as Jordan would never fall asleep until we did. Atleast this way we can shut the door to the bedroom and have the boys sleep whilst we stay up. (thats the plan anyway)

OHH ..... Kirsty is in hospital at the moment to ensure that she stays preg a bit longer. I think she is early 30 weeks from memory.

Chat tonight ladies
    XX

Thanks for last night girls! I had a really good time, i ended the night with chacha not sleeping though, typically i got to bed and ALMOST asleep and she started up for the follwing 4 hours! A mothers work is never done!

Kim said that i am very lucky to have such wonderful friends!And it is doo true! It truly amazes me that i have made such great friends and all online! I love you all!!!

See you on the 19th of October!
    Last edited by cindyb; May 10th, 2008 at 09:11 AM.

I agree Cindy!

It was a great night! I feel very lucky to have met you wonderful ladies (Hmm might need to pick another word after Nikki let one rip at the dinner table last night - LOL!!!)

I hadn't felt tired the whole night until I started driving home...lucky it's not a big drive. Kids slept well luckily and I managed a sleep in until 8.30am - woohoo!! (After plonking them in front of the tv at 7.45)...I think the last couple of days have been a big drain however and I've woken up with a rotten cold...I so hope you guys didn't get any of my germs last night...

I'm already sooo looking forward to our next gathering! It's good for the spirit and I always have such a good lauch!!

Tracey - you look awesome!! I'm sorry I made comments on your tummy but I truly love it!!! It's only because I can't wait to have a big belly as well!! I can't wait to come and meet baby Liam SOON!

Thanks for driving me back to my car Rach - I'm a bit of a scaredy cat at night...LOL!

Cindy - sorry to hear you had a rough night...hope you have a chance for a rest today...

Nikki - thanks for organising it all! Lucky one of us is on the ball! LOL! You're so amazing to keep so organised!!

OK...on that note I better got and eat some brekky...

If I don't chat beforehand - Have a wonderfuly Mothers day tomorrow! I hope you're all spoilt rotten and made to feel as special as you all are!

Chat later!

I had such a grt time last night and i too agree that we are so lucky to have been bought together as we have and we all click and get along soooo well.what a great conversation at the end.it takes good friends to be able to open up like that.
    kristie that was no rip.that was just a comment on my entree,if we had been there much longer you would have heard what i thought of the main,just ask jamie,he got the brunt of it all when i dropped off tracey...hehehe!phew did i stink!
    i love you all too and lets just promise as the years go by we continue to make that little bit of effort to keep our relationships burning, sometimes life gets in the way and friends fade away.
    thanks for a great time

*Tania* Guest

Hi my name is Tania, and I am new to this forum, I just wanted to meet other mums with kiddies the same age, I hope you don't mind if I pop in every now and again?

Tania- welcome! the more the merrier around here, always room for a new addition!
    From the look of your signature- you have been through a bit over the years which is never nice to see.. Matilda was on our name list both times! I love it!
    Where are you from? Are you in Melbourne by chance?

As you can see, we try to catch up in real life as often as our busy lives will let us!

i look forward to getting to know you some more

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast