Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born October - December 2005 #17

Default Babies Born October - December 2005 #17

This thread is for parents who's babies were born in October to December 2005.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Catch up with your old thread here

me first.....
    yep tracey that would be fun actually,its called laughs galore isnt it?
    dont get tooo excited girls harry is still far from walking on his own but he likes hanging onto the push toy and off he goes.

Hey Nikki does he only do big plastering jobs or small ones too?

Moderators - this is meant to be babies october - decemebr 2005 not 2006! Just getting picky threre!

I wont be bale to make it wednesday but thats all good! netx time hopefully!

Yay on harry up and at it! I dont think chacha is far off either- she is only ever on her feet at the moment the cheeky thing - she is soooo bloody cute!

The girls had their first full day at care today and went really well - im glad al was dropping them off coz i was rather emotional about it and got the guilts and all that. Oh well they had fun and didnt sleep as they should have but are both in bed already so thats a start -they dont go down till about 9.30 in this house (i keep them up otherwise al would never see them!) but tonight it was 8.30!

Work is really busy at the moment and i am having to work extra days to get everything done - we are looking for new premesis which isnt fun and changing our computer software and lots of new exciting stuff but i am to busy to enjoy it yet! We are going to employ me an assistant once we find new rooms to work from (we haev been kicked out of where we are coz our patients are to disruptive! They are disruptive but someone has to see them and its our specialty!

I start my tupperware again this weekend and am really looking forward to it, it is in Melton and the girl has got 15 people coming and alreayd got 2 parties for me from it and about 6 orders and she got me to post her more catalogues the other day for more orders! I also have my first kitchen tes coming up too which will be lots of fun and its great coz its for a group of girls who i dont know at all!

Nikki - i am glad you have sorted things out with your sister! The books sound like a good idea too. Do PPP not do sessions for older kids?

Looks like we are moving house again - so we are tossing up whether to buy or rent again - i dont want to buy yet - we have almost paid off all our debt except ofr the car which im not worried about and i would like to have it all gone before we add a home loan to the mixture! Now just to find a place in rowville again otherwise we might move out further to pakenham which is where we are looking at buying but sus it out before we do! Only thing with that is that we have just booked the girls in for swimming lessons around here and we have playgroup and a heap of really good friends in the area so i am keen to stay here for a bit.

OK i am of- i am buggered and i have an appt for waxing at 7.30 in the morning and then off to work! Off to bed for me now!

Nikki Yeah laughs galore shounds like a good idea for wednesday. I am sure Harry will get there with his walking. Jordan walked with his pusher things for ages aswell but atleast he was mobile. How is work going?

Cindy Pakenham.... thats even further out GEE I will have to take packed lunch to come visit. I have a friend in Pakenham in the Deflin area. She loves it. WOW on your 1st party, sounds like you will be making a fortune off that lady and her friends, thats great. I cant wait to see Charlotte in action crawling and standing. Its so weird to think she is only 9 months and already off.

Kristy Are you right to go to a play centre. We can tell you where it is as its off the main hwy the set of lights before you turn into caroline springs. Otherwise you can come here and follow me there. What evers easier for you.

Went to target baby sale today. Saw some nice things for LIam however will go back tonight with Jamie so we can choose together. I want new wraps and some new bond suits. Target have their brand for $5 so think I will just get those ones.
    Jordan went to bed ok again today so I am excited. He chucked a massive tanty at the shops this morning so I was hoping he would go without a fuss as I wasnt prepared for another one. AHHH the tempers of a 2 yr old.
    Just getting some washing done before its off to work again tomorrow
    Take care
    XX

racheal ,he does everything from patch jobs to ornamental cornices and period homes and everything in between.
    nikki

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will talk to DH and PM you Nikki. He have a few patch up jobs that need doing before we repaint and put the house on the market.

Speaking of DH he made the biggest poo poo with DS last night.we were at the shopping centre and had got some potato bake and pasta for DH and Milo. Well Milo isn't exactly the best social eater and is very easily distracted so not much eating was happening, and DH told him that if he ate his dinner he would take him "to the big wiggle show"!! i.e. to see the wiggles. Hello?! its maybe 2 times a year there are wiggles concerts, and heres mil thinking he is going to go last night if he eats his dinner! I couldnt believe it. There is a wiggles carousel there so he had a ride on that and I let DH try to talk his way out of it!

Grrr - I thought I posted in here yesterday! I must have got half way through an got side tracked...How annoying!

Anyway...

Mainly I was having a big sooki-la over Louis - we had a really nice day yesterday...headed to the park with my SIL and he had a splash in the water - so did Dylan - and then did a big poo on the grass - gross! LOL. Felt like I was picking up dog poo! We got home and had a nice lunch together and then he looks at me and goes - Muuumm - I love you soo much! It was sooo cute!

Dylan slept through from 7pm-6.30am this morning when I put the dummy in and then slept again til 7.30pm! Wow - thats got to be the best ever with no wake ups at all...Louis slept all that time as well other than needing a drink at 10.30pm! Pity I didn't go to bed until midnight though!
    I was very spoilt and Michael ran a bath for me and gave me a massage - we watched Knocked Up - very funny movie!!!!

Dylans going well - My SiL said that he stood up without holding onto anything yesterday and dh think he's seen it as well but I'm yet to witness....seems a bit too clever really! LOL!
    He's kind of saying "car" as well - kind of "aaarrr" so I'm not sure if it's chatter or he's actually saying it iykwim??? He's said mumum a few times but I think it may be coincidence also! Hehe.

Cindy - Glad the girls went well at care - I'm sure they loved it! Wow - what a super party it sounds like you have coming up - hehe - I wish mine were all like that!
    I've got one tonight and the one I'm having at home tomorrow but that's it for like another 3 weeks so I need to get on the phone I think!! I need money! LOL!
    Wow at moving house again! What a big job with the girls!

Tracey - Hope you had fun shopping! Yeah at Jordan going to bed well again!
    I don't think I'll be able to make it next Wed either now...SIL wants me to babysit Lachlan and I'd like to be able to help her out!

Nikki - Happy Birthday Harry!!! How exciting your little man is 1!!!! Wow!!! All those baby days are behind you know - I bet thats a relief - LOL!!!
    I hope you all have an awesome day!!

Rachael - Don't you just love what they come up with sometimes??? Hopefully he forgets - LOL!

Better go and jump in the shower...I desperately need to get some housework done today...it's feral!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAPPY HARRY!!!!
    I cant believe it is already a year! I have nicky and coop and charlee coming to play today and it iwll be his brithday in a few days too!

thanks guys,was a pretty low key birthday i had to work so harry was in creche,when we picked him up we gave him his pressies,did the cake and he wanted to go to bed,his birthday was uneventful,we didnt even here from any family from grant or my side....very sad.
    otherwise i had a good day at work and we are all well.
    nikki

Hi!

Nikki - Don't worry -he won't remember this one! I bet he loved his pressies though! For Louis' 2nd b'day we didn't hear from anyone - mainly because we'd had a party a fortnight earlier though but still...

Cindy - Hope you had a fun day!

Have a great weekend everyone! I just did a party tonight and we've got national party day tomorrow so I've got everyone coming around...

Are you going to make it Tracey?? No dramas if you can't - It's a long way to drive!

It's going to be fun though - Brown Brothers sent out Moscato wine for us and it will be a relaxing arvo! (whoops - better get some non-alco for you! LOL!)
    Michael's working tomorrow at my sisters but then Sunday is a "family day" LOL - the first one in a million years I think! I'll fill it up with something - although I'm not sure if the weathers going to be any good...Might be a good excuse to stay at home!

Chat later!

kristie how did your party go today

Hi Nikki!

Everyone coming around consisted of 4 people - 2 of which came after the official time! So a bit of a fizzer but it's hard at this time of year to get people organised...a lot of people were away...Never mind!
    Was great to catch up with a couple of friends though and that Brown brother moscato is beautiful!

Dylan took 3 steps today!!! Louis has been gorgeous helping me out and doing so well with his toilet training!!!

K - better get dinner organised! Chat later!

bugger kristie,what a shame.
    wow dylan,that is amazing i have only heard of a very few babies walking this young but it does happen.
    good boy louis,keep up the good work on the toilet.
    nikki

Kristie- Bugger on your party! Had you had many people say they would be there but not turn up? mine went well today - not as big as she had expected but still did good sales and booked one from it! Have you got many booked in at the moment? I am hoping to get some of my original people rebooked for parties coz the new catalogue starts March!
    Go Dylan!! I'm pretty sure tori was waling around this age and louis was never far behind herl only a day or two! Charlotte is not going to be walking for a while but she definately is getting better at standing and she will stand for a few seconds by herself untill she realises what she is doing and gets excited! SHe is the funniest baby ever! I dont think i could have more kids- i am pretty lucky with the ones i have already!

Tracey - hoes the belly going? How did dinner the other night go? were your SIL's parents nice? Hows jordy going with his sleeps? I am putting some thing in the post for you this week - maybe even tomorrow if i remember to do it!

Nikki- whats been happening with you guys? When d othe boys go back to school? what years are they in this year?

Rachael - how are the house plans going? Hows your tupperware going?

Sorry - gtg- chacha is screaming - i wish these teeth would hurry up!!

Hi!

Cindy - Glad your party went well!! I don't have a lot in the next few weeks - I've got to start making some calls - but then I've got 6 booked in late feb- early March.
    Yeah, Dylans about a month ahead of Louis with his crawling and walking but I don't think he's too keen on talking much just yet...
    You certainly do have 2 gorgeous kids! I'm getting clucky again already...I so have no brain in my head...I'll go off the pill in a few more months...I would now if we had a house!!!

Off to have a shower - I'm having a lazy morning! Michael didn't get the job finished for my sister yesterday so he's back up there today - I'm loving the rain but it's a bugger for work! So there goes our day at home all together...

Chat later!

so is your family complete now cindy?

Krisite I am so sorry I didnt make it yesterday. I didnt leave work till 2 so wouldnt have made it there till atleast 3. I wouldnt mind looking at a catalogue though so maybe when we next meet up you can bring one along. GO LOUIS I am so proud of him and his toilet training. Dylan certainly is walking early however I think my GF little girl was walking at around 9-10 months. Gee they certainly gorw up quick. LOL at you being clucky. I can see you with a handful of kids Kristy. Sounds a good idea to wait till you in a bigger place though, just for your own sanity.

Cindy The belly is growing nicely and all your tops and pants are now working overtime I am starting to turn into a cleaning machine and have cleaned out placed I would never have thought of cleaning. Dinner was nice with the BILS ILs. We also had dinner at ILs again last night and they were there. Jordan loves them and they think hes great also (who wouldnt though ) Jordans sleep is much better, he hasnt gotten out of bed since we put the lambs wool there and yesterday and today he actually slept in (SAT 7.50. SUN 8.20) I feel like a new women. You certainly do have 2 lovely girls there Cindy. Do you feel your family is complete now? I think we will stop at 2 also.... will see how we go.

Nikki Are we still on for wednesday? I cant wait to catch up. I am glad to see Harry had a nice bday even if it was low key event. I guess we dont ever remember our bdays that young anyway. I am still shocked its been a year since I came to see him at the hospital, he was the tiniest baby I have ever seen. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Melissa How are you? How is Benjamin going with his behaviour? I hope you are all well.

Well Jamie took Jordan over to his nannas this morning so they could look for her hearing aid, yes she lost one...... she is always loosing something. This was good cause I got the house cleaning done and also moved some stuff around between the wardrobes in preperation for setting up Liams room.
    We have the wradrobe people coming tomorrow to measure up and supply a quote. We are getting them to quote for Jordans room aswell and then we can get rid of his chest of drawers and add more space to his room.
    Jordan is now saying LIAM I am so proud. Its really clear aswell. I ask him what his brothers name is and he will tell me SO CUTE. He is starting now to copy what we say which is great as he is getting there with his talking however I keep having to remind myself and Jamie to mind what we say. I dont want him to copy any swear words.... I am sure it will happen though.
    Hope you are enjoying the weekend. this rain is lovely, my lawn and garden are loving it although I have had to get the clothes horse out which i hate.

take care
    XX

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast