Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #101

Hey girls

Just checking in quickly, have been a bit AWOL recently. Well done to all the girls going to uni, I have got my last subject to do starting in July and I will have my Bachelor of Commerce, I started in 2000, so it will be a long time coming.

Shell - Good luck on your TTC journey, how exciting.

Jodi - you did great today ! Woo hoo to you.

We are fine, as usual Rylee's sleeping is *****ing me she is waking up about 3 am and won't go back down till about 5 am, I have rung up a sleep centre to try and get her in, so fed up.

Okay bbl tomorrow.
    Laurin

mum3girls Guest

Enjoy your shower Jodi - I'm killing time waiting for our hot water to heat up - grrrrrrr!!! Bloody kids and DH using all the hot water. I think our next big purchase will be a bigger hot water system. I know what you mean about the weather - we were down below 10 degrees overnight - and guess what just got put in today!! The girls are eager to get in (Thursday it'll be ready to go) - I'll be waiting a few months I think.

Good luck to all the girls studying - it can be hard work with little ones, but worth it. And I managed to do Year 11 and 12 then a 4-year Bachelor in 2 1/2 years with 2 little ones (plus being a single parent for some of that time) - so definitely do-able. Just make sure you take care of yourselves and don't get too stressed out.

Laurin - Hope Rylee's sleeping improves for you, must be so frustrating being alone with her a lot and being pregnant as well

ETA - Oh and Jodi - loved the photos of all of you!! She's such a little darling - and she really has Heath's eyes doesn't she??
    Last edited by mum3girls; May 21st, 2008 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Can't spell while I'm tired LOL

Just want to say - wide awake 4mth old free to home, doesnt have to be good.

(joking, Id only send him to the best )

I have that sign beatrix!!
    Millana has been couging until she spews.I suppose the good thing is she is getting the gunk up but the phelgm is not green so it must be a viral thing? She gets bored being home but if i take her out she sounds horrid.Im suppose to meeting a friend at the funstation.
    Ok going back to see the pic of little emily!

Ohh wheres a pic of Jodi's new princess???

Caddie- poor millana!!! have you seen a dr? i remember Nelle (i think) saiying croup is going around.

sorry no more personals baby in arms

Nah cant be croup.I thought croup was a cont barking cough where they had difficulty breathing? She just coughs every few minutes like its irritating her.Last nite she coughed up the phlegm but then cont to dry reach for ages after that.Was terrible poor thing.Worse at nite because she is lying down i think.

Bea, go to Nina's webpage and its in Baby Albums

She is just gorgeous Jodi! She looks like Nina.

hi ladies

sorry been mia for a while
    been going through a rough time over here
    couple weeks ago
    savanna had a temp of 41 and went into a febrile convultion and was rushed by ambulance to hospital
    it was the most scariest moment of our lives!!!!
    Tia has been having good days and bad ...sleeping and not sleeping...drinking and not drinking.. been back and forth with the paed..
    now savanna has got a pimply sorta rash on her body and took her to docs last night.. he said.. looks like mild chicken pox. arghhhhhhhhh
    then said no its not pox .. it might just be a viral rash.. so got some cream for it
    poor darling keeps scratching and asks me to scratch for her too...
    savanna has been waking up 5am each day crying last week or so.. last night she woke at 12:30am (anyone else having this same prob???) when she wakes she asks for her milk
    she wont stay in her cot and screams so i have to bring her to my bed where she stays awake for 2 or so hours then finally falls asleep. but very unsettled tossing and turning.
    tia isnt sleeping through as yet.. so bit hectic constantly gettin up for both kids.
    arghhhh when will it get easier??
    trying to hang in there but very hard at times
    hoping your all well and kids are behaving for you

jodi- congrats on your new little one!!

going to read through posts now..

love ambz
    xoxoxox

Ambz sorry you are having a rough trot,sounds like you are doing your best.Will it get easier? Some days are nightmares and some days good. Depends if the kids are sick or tired as that influences their behavior heaps.Plus if mum's tired too. Just dont be a super mum and just do what you can do. Millana sleeps in our bed everynight.We cant get her out. Ruby sleeps mostly though but last night woke witha bad dream and a bottle at 4am. I havnt had a full nights sleep ever since the kids have been born.I think perhaps when they go to school maybe life will get easier....You just have to take one positive from each day,say it out loud,it will make you feel better and forgt the horrid bits.
    Jodi,emily's gorgous!! You all are a good looking family!!

Ambz - sorry to hear things are tough, what a scare for you with Savanna. I am going through yucky sleep with Rylee too, waking up at 3 am, then she clings to me and screams and won't go back in her cot so comes into bed with me and stays awake for a couple of hours.....I am really hoping it is some phase (another one) she is going through. I agree with what Caddie says about not getting decent sleep anymore, a girlfriend of mine has 4 kids and says she hasn't had a good nights sleep for 10 years.......
    Okay bbl got to get tea.
    Laurin x

shar - OMG, how exciting!! I wanna see pics!

Thanks for the comments on Emily. We think she's gorgeous too I actually looked half good today, did my hair for once and Heath and I took Emily out to the shops while Nina was at daycare. I got Heath to take a photo of Emily and I while I felt good, so I'll have to upload that one. It's not often I feel like I look good in a photo. Better share the moment while it lasts!
    Emily was really unsettled this afternoon, I think a little bit of wind maybe? She loves to suck on my little finger, so had to sit there for about an hour or so while she did that, then she went to sleep. She won't take the dummy, so the finger it is for the meantime.

ambz - so sorry to hear you're still having a rough time. I really hope it starts easing for you soon.

Ambz-Sorry to hear that you are having a really rough time at the moment. OMGosh how scary for you with Savanna, I hope she is getting better.

Well we have had Bella at home for a week. She just went back to school today. She came down with another bad virus, got the rash and everything. She is still lethargic, but the school knows that she has a few problems, so if we need to bring her into school later, that's ok.

We finally got the kids some bunks, so now Eithan is in a big bed, and out of our room. This will be the 2nd night. Last night he slept right through, for the first time in AGES. I was getting up at least 5 times a night just to settle him. Seems like the big bed is good news for him.

On a scary note, Eithan can climb Bella's slide. You know the big ones that come with a swing set. Leith said that he climbs the ladder then goes half way down the slide, then clings onto the side and yells out for Bella to come and catch him. OMGosh I am so glad I havent seen it as I think I would have had a heart attack.

Jodi-Glad that things seem to be settling down for you.

Lol, sorry Helen, but I had to have a giggle at Eithan's slide antics! That's so cute that he chickens out halfway down! Hehe, I'm sitting here grinning, that's gorgeous. Have you guys got a video camera?

Something I wish I'd had the camera for in time today was Riv's first night in his big bed (he wasn't a fan, wanted to trampoline on it, and it was a bit new and unusual for him, but he eventually caught on!), where his door was closed and we saw these little fingers poking out from under the door...obviously he wasn't in bed! When I heard him yelling a few minutes later though, I went in and he was in bed, so it's good that he knows that's where he's supposed to be.

Sheesh Helen, Bella isn't having a good run! She sounds like my little sis, she had meningitis as a kid, and then her immune system really struggled, she came down with everything that went around!! How is Leith too?

Jodi, if it's wind maybe put Em on her tummy? That worked for Si sometimes. And Brauer's Colic Relief did too, if the wind is a real problem.

Ambz, just a day at a time I guess hon. Good to hear that Tia's been having some good days! Hopefully when she's a little older this tough time will seem a distant memory. And how SCARY about the fit, you poor things, hope Savanna's better now.

Right, well Rans just brought me dinner (been a busy day, and then I napped through our usual dinnertime) so I'd better go.

HelenP- They get very adventurous don't they. At the park I just have to watch Ash closely cause I don't know what silly things she is going to attempt!
    Poor Bella hope she gets thru this virus quickly. And how are you going with the pregnancy?

Ambz- Oh god, that would have just been so scary to have seen, glad to hear she is ok now. I hope everything starts getting easier and you get alot more good days. I know at one stage Savanna was staying at your mums on weekends she still going to give you a break? Maybe your mum could stay your place one weekend just to help at night with them so you can get some sleep?

Caddie- How is Millana's cough?

Laurin- Did sleep school give you any idea how long waiting lists are? Might be good to get her sorted before next bubs comes along, I don't think you want to be up all night with 2 children! Good luck with it.

We are home. No time for personals atm. will write more this arvo

Hi Meg! Welcome back, bet you are tired and exhausted! I was wondering when you were gonna come back!

Me too, welcome back Meg!

Welcome home Meg!!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast