Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born September 2006 #103

Default Babies born September 2006 #103

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The previous thread is here.

Wow, I didn't know they could make tattoo nipples! What a great idea. Hope your aunt beats her cancer really quickly Meg.

Ahhh, I'm trying to remember what everyone else has said in the last thread! Hey, does anyone else have digital telly? I'm loving abc2 since Riv has started being interested in tv recently. The more inside activities I can find for him in this rainy weather, the better. We've gone for a few rain walks while Rans minds Si sometimes.

Hope everyone's going well, and your kids aren't driving you toooooo crazy. :P

Yep, we have digital, and love ABC 2!! It's been really windy here lately, so not really suitable to go outside. 6 months ago Nina would have never stood still long enough to watch something on tv, now she loves it! Providing though it's one of her dvd's, cartoons or music she can dance to.

Nina is having a nice big sleep, she's been asleep for 3.5 hours now I must have worn her out this morning.
    Anyone else notice that their bub has had a growth spurt lately. All of a sudden, Nina has piled on about 2kg and grown taller. This has happened since Emily arrived. I reckon she'd weigh about 14kg now. She's getting very heavy to lift/carry around.

I'm craving a milo now, bbl.

J has alsways been a heavy weight. I noticed how tall he was, as when we went to the UK, his head cleared the kitchen bench, and now he well and truly hits it!!

I better go, as he is climbing over the couch and I am thinking any seond he is going to fall off!

hey all

sorry I have been awol. hope everyone is okay.

DH left this morning for the airport at 5.30 am. Rylee has had bronchitis since Sunday and has been coughing every few minutes at night, she is back in bed with us so nobody is getting much sleep. The Dr wouldn't give her AB's so I am going back to them today, neither of us can go on like this, especially with DH not here.

Jodi - yep, Rylee has had a growth spurt I weighed her the other day expecting her to be around the 12 kg mark and she was nearly 14 kg, noticed she has been having more for breakfast but still a fusspot at dinner.

Sorry I can't remember what was said in the last thread.
    Are any of you Melb girls going to the meet up on Monday at Billylids in Hawthorn???

Maz - I saw you were going to be down in Mt Eliza soon at your MIL's - COME AND SEE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know, I will pm you my details.

Okay - better get going.
    BBL
    Laurin x

hey all

Pretty [email protected] here atm... not sleeping much and now today i have woken up with a pulled shoulder mucsle.. very painful, i can barely lift MJ, so I can tell already it aint going to be a good day.
    I must have slept funny and its even in hte wrong spot and i cant reach it to deep heat it.
    Oh dear i feeling a bit sorry for myself today............

Good news i get kinda a break on the weekend. ex DH has the older two on friday and sat night!!!

oh Mj crying..

BBL

Owie how painful Ness. You can't get Teleah to rub some cream in for you?

Laurin - I would go back to the Dr's too. You are on your own, 18 weeks pg.... You need Rylee well.

J has taken to this high pitched scream, whenever he doesn't get his own way. Then if you tell him not to scream, he throws his arms around. Anyone doing time out with their kids? If so, how does it go?

I have to go to the Dr's. I have thrush I think, and it is not clearing. Not to pleasant........

God the wind last night, thought the house was gonna blow down, everything outside blown around.

Ness- You are entitled to be feeling sorry for yourself! Do you have a heatpack? I find they work so much better than anything else. Yay on getting a quieter weekend! You won't know what to do with yourself having only one child at home!

Meg- All that BDing must've caused it! Time out is hard cause she doesn't understand so well. Usually I get down to her eye level (like on supernanny, lol) and tell her to stop something and if she doesn't I move her away to the "naughty step" she'll sit there few seconds and get up again so doesn't really get it but if she keeps going to do the same thing I'll keep putting her back. You coming to Melb meet up? It is far for you but didn't know if you knew bout it, in Hawthorn on Mon, few ppl from in here going.

Laurin- How is Rylee? On the improve? I hope she is better by monday for meet up.

Last night Ash started full on crying at 6:30 and didn't stop for like 20min when she fell asleep in my arms! Haven't seen her tired like that for so long. Don't think she's fallen asleep in my arms for months! She was bit upset this morn but fine now.

Beatrix - I hope your day improves somehow, is there anyway you can get someone to get some deepheat into your shoulder. Roll on the weekend for you so you can have a bit of a break.

I ended up taking Rylee back to the Dr yesterday, she now has tonsilitis and they gave her AB's, I wasn't going to leave until they gave me some, they should have given me some on Monday. I know giving AB's to little ones is the last resort but she was getting so exhausted with coughing all night and not sleeping which wouldn't have helped her get better - okay Rant over.

Meg - hope your thrush clears up quick, it's a nasty isn't it?

Shell - we posted same time, I am really looking forward to the Melb meet up.

Have a great day girls.
    Laurin x

laurin - Did the ab's work well last night? Hopefully it won't take long to get rid of it.

meg - thrush is awful isn't it. I had it continuously throughout my pregnancy with Emily.
    We're not really doing time out. I do what shell does, get down to her level, try and talk to her. If tantrum is really bad though, I will put her in her room, and tell her she can come out when she stops crying. It only usually takes about 2 min, and she comes out all smiles and full of kisses and cuddles.

Well Nina's 2 year molars are moving again, and last night she woke up screaming the house down at midnight. Thankfully she was calling out for daddy, so I didn't have to get up She went straight back to sleep after some Panadol. The past week or so I have noticed lots of drooling and her appetite is not what it usually is. She's only wanting to eat or drink cold stuff.

Hi girls how are you all? havent been online for ages. just wanted to see how you all are.

Things are good with us just really tired. Julia also loves ABC and ABC2. She loves Sean the Sheep and Also In the Night Garden. Julia's going well we have moved her to her big bed for day sleeps and this weekend will pull down the cot! Me? well very tired and started losing some of my plug so will see what happens next....hopefully our little girl will stay inside until her due date of 28 July.

Take care everyone.

Bel
    xxx

Hiya girls back from hols! Hopefully catch up with you all soon!!!
    DH is out buying a dryer as our old one crapped itself.Cant live without our dryer in winter!!lol

Belle - I am so glad you were able to drop in Now we just need to hear from Kell, Maz and Rach, who are regulars that haven;t dropped in for a while (hint hint girls - how are you going??)

Shell - Nah I wont be going to the catch up. My Auntie might be having her surgery on Monday.

Laurin - Tonsillitis! She really is a little sickie. I am glad that she is able to get proper treatment now.

Jodi - What did you use to treat thrush? I am willing to try some home remedies if they work better.

Caddie - I saw in the supermarket that maggie is now selling some recipe bases that are gluten free. I think they had things like Beef Strogonof, lemon chicken etc. Worth a look. I just bought some to put away to give to MIL.

J had swimming lessons today. He was mega hyperactive, and howled when he had to get out. THis arvo he was a little $hit, but was all cuddles after his bath. Popped him in bed, and he was straight to sleep. That will teach him for getting up at 5:30am! He was up at 5:30, but I wasn't. I could hear him singing and giggling happily till 7am. After bath time is my fave time of day with him. he is so happy and content and will have a big cuddle and read a book. He is so lovely.

meg - cranberry juice, natural yoghurt (applying it directly to the area), keeping area dry and wearing cotton underwear, or you can buy a cream called canistan from the chemist (over the counter).
    Just out of curiosity, do you think you're pg? It's very common in pregnancy to get thrush

caddie - how was your holiday?

belle - I'm here whenever you need to talk honey

Both girls are in bed and I'm enjoying a nice cup of tea before heading to bed.

Meg- Yeah as Jodi said natural yoghurt is apparantly great for thrush, just use on a pad or tampon. Ahh don't you love when they are cuddly I love when they have that quiet time after being so full on. Good luck for your aunt on monday.

Jodi- Hows it going sleep wise with Emily? All settling?

Belle- Wow not long to go! How exciting, good to hear from you again, are you managing to get some rest and chances to put your feet up?

Caddie- Hope you had great time and got decent weather while away.

Laurin- Poor Rylee, shes had tonsillits few times this year hasn't she?

Not much from me, Df starts holidays tomor. Me and Ash have library storytime and gymbaroo so that'll keep us busy.

Happy Birthday Chrissy!!

shell - yeah all good here. Emily is sleeping through now. It's great to get a decent night sleep again.
    How are you feeling, m/s kicked in yet?
    Last edited by Visitor7; June 27th, 2008 at 06:16 AM.

Happy Birthday Chrissy!

Jodi- Been feeling fine, was weird got really nauseated just after O and up to when Af was due then it settled thank god, want it to hold off til after my trip to Adelaide.

Happy birthday chrissy! Hows liam going?
    Holiday was great girls! weather held off and we managed to feed animals everymorning,tram ride,brewery and a winery that were kid friendly too and do some bush walks. Girls were great! I now have a problem with ruby looking for me every night and running round the house calling my name.She expects me to sleep with her all night. I really dont know what to do? i just keep putting her back,lying with her to till she falls asleep then go back to bed.Rather tiring!!
    I just have to get back on top of the washing,our dryer broke so we had to go buy one yesterday and i need to go to playgroup and enroll millana in her thriving three's program again.
    Ok bbl girls fighting over stickers!!! grr lol

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast