Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #12

maz that's great about Vy's weight gain, and good on her for leaving a yukky smelly nappy behind hehehe. Nina occassionally gets that same rash but underneath her neck. She has very strong neck muscles and it takes one person to lift her head and the other to wipe under it. I was suprised at how yukky they smell though.

shell i just got a 0.5tog grobag which is really light weight.... it comes with a thermometer too and because our nursery gets the full sun in the afternoon it heats up to 27 degrees. it also recommends what to wear underneath the sleeping bag depending on the temp... i bought a 1.0 one as well. like anna said to me, they have really good resale value on ebay, and i got two for $100.

we have to go and do our tax today and as i sold an investment property mine is going to be messy (dh's will be extrememly simple though ) best go and get my papers in line. it's going to be hot here, so think we might head to the shops after we go to the accountant. have a good day girls

Go Vy!!! What a weight gain....

On the thing of dressing them for bed, I just bought Xander a sleeping bag made of a really lightweight cotton chambray - will be great on those summer nights, tho here in Perth he is still wearing a long body suit underneath atm. It wasn't expensive either at $24 at DJ's.

Rikki - Have you got yourgrobags now? How lightweight is the 0.5 one? Did you get 2 thermometers with the 2 suits? If you aren't using/want the second one I'd be happy to buy it off you....

We don't have any stores here that sell those sleeping bag things. Can you get them on the net? I was reading about them in a baby magazine I got the other day and they looked good.
    rikki - we sold our investment property last year and when we did our tax this year it was pretty messy and we ended up with a $5000 tax bill cause of capital gain ... b****y John Howard!!!

Jodi - Try "babyshop" and "bambinipronto" with all the www stuff and you should find them there.

Good luck doing your tax Rikki. Im the accountant in this house and I absolutely HATE tax time. It was horrible when Jed was self employed. But I kept really good records and rang the tax line for help when I needed it. Good idea about heading to the shops. IM staying right here but (got ducted ariconditioning).
    Thanks for infor on the sleeping bags Anna. Im gong to go right to one of those sites and have a sticky.
    JOdi - I get the same rash on my c/s scar and it hurts. Its so itchy and smelly and ahh ive gotta get rid of some of my fat! IM on a mission now.
    Couldn't be bothered doing my ebay crap. Made the 3d moulds. I bought engouh stuff form a lady off ebay to make all 3 kids hand moulds. I did Wilhelms first, then Vy's hand and foot. I took Wilhelms hand out and the thumb snapped of. Not happy Jan but I can superglue it back on. Ive got another half hour to do Vy's. Then I'll do Nikolaus' tonight and I can make my big frame. IM going to use the pic in my ticker for the photo in it. I love it cause Wilhelm is actually looking at the camera. I dont have that many of his looking and smiling.
    Ok, ok engouh [email protected] about me...im off (yeah bit smelly)
    xxmaz

LOL... I cannot believe I am saying this, but I am bored. I am soooo going to regret saying this later I know. Xander has been asleep for over an hour.

Maz - Poor Wilhelm's thumb. hehe. At least you can glue it back on! I bought Xander a Snugtime summer weight sleeping bag, it is sooo cute with little cars on it.

I was a good girl this morning and sent off my SS pressie. yay!

i am so tired i have horrible headache and the only way jack will stop crying is if nurse him

ok stupid ??? do you think there is any chance he could be teething he is dribbling and his gums are razor sharp, if you put finger in mouth he gnaws it ratherthan sucking same with a dummy

Rach75- Babies always seem to play up when we are feeling like crap. Hope you feel better soon. Not sure bout yr teething question.

Anna**- Ah you will regreat saying that. I use the time Ash is down to eat! I forget otherwise, and surf the net and occasionally do a spot of housework.

maz- Was it tricky doing Vy's 3d plaster thingy? We also purchased off e-bay but have been a bit slack. I gotta wait til Df and i have energy to do it and when Ash is in a calm mood to co-operate.

rikki- Thanks for that suggestion, i had a look at website they are quite expensive, might see if i can find a cheaper alternative or get one 2nd hand off e-bay maybe.

Its good to hear our bubs are all fattening up, Ash has her appt tomor for weigh in and measure. God I am tired today, I could fall asleep at the computer. I know though if I go lie down for a nap Ash will wake me within 5 mins of going down, she seems to have a 6th sense on these things!

rach - feel around Jack's gums and see if you can notice some bumpy bits. If you're unsure, take him to a health nurse or dr, they'll let you know.

I got my 'Wonder Weeks' book yesterday and have been reading it today and it's great! God I've learnt alot. All day I've been paying particular attention to what Nina is doing and what she wants, and so far it's working great. She was getting really cranky before, until I worked out she was bored, so I started playing with her and now she's sleeping from the exhaustion! I think she's just starting to go through the 12 week growth spurt now. Last night she was really off and has been a little yesterday and today. She must be draining me a lot more at each feed as I haven't been able to express for the past week. I think I'm going to try some natural remedies to boost your supply. I plan on breastfeeding for some time so I don't want my milk supply to run low or even run out just yet. I've also lost a little bit of weight in the past week, so I'm going to have to be careful with my supply (although losing weight is great!!)

shell - hope you get some rest today. If only we could drug these babies or something just so we could get a decent nap during the day hehehe
    anna - I know what you mean about being bored. I've done all my washing, cleaning and Nina is sleeping, so I'm a little bored too. Although I could be looking at what to have for dinner ... nah ... maybe a bit later

shell - I found it to be easier doing Vy's hand then Wilhelm's. Make sure Ashleigh is asleep whe you do it. It works so quickly.
    ROFPMSL at you Anna - bored...ba hum..get a hobby hehehheheheh and dont do my trick and poke Xander. I just look at that ticker and want to eat him. yummmm yummm yum!
    OK gone insane..I know.
    Rach - I had a little arguement with the MCHN about this dribbling and crying. Babies dont start teething until their atleast 6 months thats why Wilhelm got teeth at 5 months and Vy's dribbling and screaming like a banchi when I stick my finger in there. She gawns on my shoulder and I end up looking like im entering a wet t-shirt comp form her (yes still have milk every now and then). Get some panadol and teething gel mate. It helps them with their pain and keeps your finger/shoulder in tack.
    IM going to poke Vy now..she's been sleeping way to long dame it!
    xxmaz

Jodi- Where did you get yr book from? The only place I've seen is on Amazon but didn't know how much it would end up costing once I convert to aussie money.

Thanks Maz will wait til weekend when Df is around and we'll sneak up on her.

Anna - your bored? wish you could come over here, I really need a friend right now, had a really bad day been at GP today for Julia and myself and got a referral to a psycologist re PND.

Maz - congrats on Vys weight gain.

Hello to everyone sorry no more personals, am not up to it at the moment had a really bad day back tomorrow when I hopefully feel better.

Belle- Its good to hear yr Gp is referring you on. Hopefully you can get on top of it. we are all here also anytime you need to get things out.

ok stupid ??? do you think there is any chance he could be teething he is dribbling and his gums are razor sharp, if you put finger in mouth he gnaws it ratherthan sucking same with a dummy
    I actually asked the health nurse about that, she did say that it is hard to really know if it might be teething, but pretty much all babies go through this ... it is the start of exploring everything with their mouths and their gum development.

OK... not bored now! I knew I'd regret saying that! LOL. I just got back from the physio with Xander, turns out I was right to be concerned about his lack of neck muscles and flat spot on his head. Got heaps of exercises to do with him now to get him back on track.

gotta go... battery going flat on lappie. bbl

let me know your address via email anna and i'll send you the thermometer and also the fenugreek you forgot to take home the other day...

Well if xander needs neck exercises ruby will for sure.She has started to turn her head better but not like she should.Oneside of her skull is flat and if you look at her face when she is flat on her back you can see it crooked.But the paeds dr said review in 2 months!
    Another thing which i sort of noticed but ingnored.Mum pointed it out today but i refused to believe it at first.1 ear is bigger than the other.Quite noticable and evn different shaped almost.She lies on the bigger ear all the time so all u see is the cute small one.I remember my dr saying he couldnt see the ear drum yet in one ear but i just dismissed it.I hope it catches up! I hope it doesnt mean she has diminished hearing or that she might have some learning difficulties.At least with a girl she can grow her hair over it but now i cant stop thinking about it and stressing.I dont want people to notice.Terrible mother arnt i.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast