Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #18

Im not in to cc either but sometimes babies get overstimulated and they need to go in a quiet room,semidark to chill out.Ruby will cry for about 6min before sleeping and my first did this too.I know the difference between a whingy cry and full on hysterics.If she is in hysterics i usually rock her till half asleep pop her in the cot and rest my hand on her chest until she settles. My problem the last 2 nites is she is got the diarrhoea and will do one around 3am after her 2am feed.I put her in her rocker,let her watch fox for 1/2 hr and then she wants bed again! She was almost sleeping through so i hope it reverts back.

Jodi - Yep, got it... I always forget to check that email addy. Thanks heaps for taking the time to type all that out for me! I would love those suggestions to keep him occupied when you get a chance.

Its good to see others are in the same boat, although not good for all you guys!

Anna- Our bubs sound so similar, maybe I should try get Ash before the whole rubbing eye thing. I'd love to cut back on the boob also but its so hard, I have tried but it doesn't often work, I leave her to cry a whingy cry but as soon as she is upset (which doesn't take long) I know she'll need a rock or even better the boob.

Caddie- Hope Ruby's diarrhea settles, poor little bub.

Nelle- I might just start leaving her in the rocker for her sleeps too. I used to do that but then she started settling well so could put her in bed again. Pity Ash won't take a dummy.

Jodi- Hope Nina has a decent sleep for you!

yep, still asleep!!

Anna - I'll email you that stuff when I get home later. I'm going to meet mum for lunch when Nina decides to wake up.

I'm not into CC either. Caddie, I'm the same, if Nina is having a whinge, then I'm happy to leave her there, but if she starts cryiing and getting hysterical then I'll go to her.
    Bummer about doing poos at 3am, she could at least wait until it's daytime to do that hey! Nina was a little congested last night, she was pushing and staining, but nothing happening. She didn't settle until 8.30pm, which is late for her, normally by 6.30 sound asleep. But then she only woke for one feed so I'm happy with that. She finally did that poo this morning, just in time for daddy to change her hehehe

if Nina is having a whinge, then I'm happy to leave her there, but if she starts cryiing and getting hysterical then I'll go to her.
    That's what I do as well. Glad to hear Nina dealt with the poo issue!

Well, I'm now pretty sure Xander is teething. The tooth hasn't broken through, but I have a nasty mark on my finger where he was chewing today... the tooth is razor sharp. Funnily enough, it's a top tooth, not a bottom one.
    ETA: What do you girls think is a better option once all has failed (ie teethers, fingers etc) - do I go with Bonjela or Panadol?

Shell - Yep, Our bubs sound really similar. Boobies, boobies and more boobies! Just a shame that once in a while we can't pass our boobies onto someone else for a while to get a break
    Last edited by Anna**; December 29th, 2006 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Question...

Anna what things are you trying with the teething relief. I personally prefer to use Brauers Natural Teething Relief, however if that fails then I'd use Panadol over Bonjella. She has to be pretty unsettle and cranky for me to use Panadol. I've tried Bonjella but doesn't really do much to help with Nina and I don't know why, but I don't really like using it either.

Nina had a 2 hour sleep before and I woke her up as I was moving her to the car as I had to go out, and now she's sleeping...again!! She must be real tired today, might be this awful weather. It's raining, with thunderstorms expected. It'll be her first storm! Here comes the wet season...

Jodi and Anna- I cant believe how much Eithan sounds like Nina and Xander at the moment. re the whole hot thing but no temp and just so grizzzly. Must definantly be the age thing. It doesnt even matter if he has a formula comp feed, he doesnt last any longer to next feed like he used to. The formula lasts as long in his tummy as BF. Hopefully all of our little bubs will be over it soon.

Leith is the worry in this house with food giving to Eithan. I have explained that he isnt ready for food yet. I get so ****ed off when he chuckles as he has just had a suck on his dummy with a bit of chocolate dribble on it and given it to Eithan and then the other night gave hima taste of gravy(salt!!!!!!). My dad told me to leave him be it's not going to kill him. Well yes they are right but I dont want Eithan to get used to sugary salty foods when he wont be eating those. And I want him to eat his first cereals etc without always thinking that the alternative to breastmilk/formula will be something really sweet. Yes I agree it is cute and funny to look at the faces he pulls and also how vigorously he will suck the dummy, but it is NOT good for him!!! GRRRRRR. Vent over, I know how all of you ladies feel with the same problems.

Teething-I was a bonjella lady with Bella and will probably use it with Eithan although read the instructions re how often etc. I would only result to the panadol if a temp was involved although I used to give it to Bella if she was screaming in pain and wouldnt settle. Not much help sorry.

Shell-I dont cc either. I was told to with Bella by many relatives even though I kept telling them it didnt work. She would vomit and everything. People were so adamant that they were right they told me her vomiting was attention seeking and to keep with it. One lady my sil's mother told me to just leave her in the vomit. WTF!! So in the end we ignored everyone and did the rocking and dancing etc. She eventually came right (not until she was 20mths old sorry). But even though it was hard I wouldnt change it for the world because she was happier and looking back I can see all the wonderful cuddles we had. I am the same with Eithan although he settles much better by himself(only at night time). So ignore those IL's for telling you to cc. They dont live in your house and know your little girl. If she sleeps better in the rocker and you are fine with that, so be it.
    Love
    Last edited by **Helen**; December 29th, 2006 at 02:32 PM. Reason: hadnt read all the posts

Jodi - I've been using the Bruers one as well, but he is beside himself and frantically grabbing anything to stuff in his mouth. He isn't feeding properly either and cries while BF'ing. I've tried a half frozen wet flannel, which seems to be better than the teethers... and less painful than my finger (for me!). I don't wish to use rusks yet as I do class them as food.

Oh geez Helen - At least my MIL doesn't live with us, so doesn't get the chance to wave food in front of Xander. It would be so hard if it were my DH!

Nina's doing that too Anna, not feeding properly when breastfeeding! I've recently started Nina on a sippy cup with cooled boiled water and I have the teat cold for her and she will sit there for ages chewing on the teat, must be helping her gums. A girlfriend also once told me this to try:
    put some water in a bottle with the teat on, turn it upside down and freeze it, then once frozen have bub suck on the teat. That works with Nina, she loves anything cold and hard.

hey girls,

with the teething thing i used bonjela on akira and only ever used panadol ifshe was in pain or had a temp. i would get get this food holdy thing from tomme tippee that could hold the frozen food that always helped. but if you dont want to give food yet why not try what jodi said about the teat.
    i will never ever use a rusk on riley not after akira chocking on it.

you can also buy this thing that looks like a tooth brush from bigw that massages there gums and it gets the used to having something put in there mouth like a tooth brush or you can buy a baby toothbrush and just out water on it and use that. it works wonders im doing that with riley now.

but the best teething gel i ever used from from the women and childrens hospital it is alot better as it is stronger and last alot longer. u should looking into your hospital to see if they do anything like that.
    well i have been very busy today i pulled down the christmas tree and put up my new surround sound system me and simon got last night and even mopped the floors. my house hasnt looked this good in months. i think the last time it looked this good it was when i was nesting lol.

well im off to get things ready fro tea.

later

Adele
    Last edited by aboll; December 29th, 2006 at 03:06 PM.

New thread time girls

Love

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678