Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #18

Ruby has had diarrhoea for the last couple of days.Not real loose but very frequent,smelly too.Does teething cause this? My mum says its a sign and she has been gnawing on her gums.
    Millana just bit dh on the leg so better run....

Caddie - Your poor DH! I have read a few times that runny poos can be a teething sign.

Ambz - Glad to here that the rice cereal went well!

Shell - I totally agree... the first three months were a breeze in comparison to this

Jodi - Wow that little Nina is soon to sit up. Xander is still a fair way behind developmentally, he still only sometimes rolls (only front to back). He was a right turd again today. Good luck with ebay!

So is anyone here still BF'ing exclusively and not giving solids? Xander isn't ready yet, he still pushes milk out (been practising with breast milk) with his tongue... but he is feeding so often it isn't funny. It's worse than when he was a newborn!

caddie - I too have heard about teething poo's, read it somewhere today.

Nina has been very unsettled this afternoon and tonight. Took us a little longer than usual to get her into bed, only for her to wake up after half an hour, unsettled AGAIN and wanting another feed. I just read The Wonder Weeks and this growth spurt is huge and can last anywhere between 1 and 5 weeks ... I'm soooo not looking forward to this. I'm only in week 1 !!!!

five weeks!!!! OMG *runs and hides*

Glad to hear that all of you had a great christmas. Sorry to hear about all of the family troubles.

BBL to update you all on our christmas and dramas.

Eeeeek I agree Anna*- 5weeks!!!!!!!. Eithan has decided to be a little turd aswell. He is all over the place.

Love

Millana just bit Aaron on the leg? Ohh that made me chuckle...naughty girl

Yeah Anna I'm breastfeeding exclusively but Riv's only 3 months. And feeding approx every 4 hrs draining both sides, so he's about as different to Xander as you can get!
    Is the frequent feeding starting to get to you? If you're cool with it, then stick with the booby I reckon, but if it's taking too much out of you, perhaps think of some other ways to fill him up?
    Does he chew his fist or something? Perhaps some pureed apple on his fist will get him to like the taste enough to accept a spoon of it? I have absolutely no experience with these things...I guess that's just the sort of hairbrained thing I'd try :P
    Or he could suck it off your finger? Yeah, that's slightly less stupid hey.

Well, I'm off to have a cup of tea.

ETA: Owww girls with the growth spurts! Here's hoping they're over quickly! Riv's growth spurts so far have been not so bad, just a bit grizzly...he really is such an easy baby, I am a bit scared that the next baby will balance him out - if so, I'm in for a rough time of it! :eek: Is it possible to have ALL easy babies?
    Last edited by Nelle; December 28th, 2006 at 09:51 PM.

Nelle - The constant BF'ing doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother everyone else (I'm constantly stopping to feed my little snacker). I am going to try and hang in there a bit longer, at least a month before I start solids. Enjoy that cup of tea.

Helen - Hope little Eithan settles again soon.

My little man has been so miserable that I've given him a dose of panadol as he is crying in his sleep and looks like he is in pain of some sort. He hasn't got a fever, but I might pop down to the doctors just to get him checked out - this constant whingy cry is worrying me a bit as he has been like this for a few days now. Do babies get growing pains?

At least the panadol seems to have solved the problem for the moment, he is asleep and not crying. Poor little guy.

I'm about to rip my hair out. I've had such a 'good baby' up until now. I was whinging to Heath today that I had to rock her to sleep yesterday, which I've never had to do before lol Normally I just put her in her cot and she goes to sleep, but with this growth spurt, she's really unsettled and cranky and I have to put in more effort ... I'm so lazy I know.

anna - good on you for holding off on the solids. I would have liked to but Nina was just looking for more than just breast, and even when I've given her some food, she gets cranky when I've finished! She's such a guts. I'm only going to do very minimal food until 6 months, mainly only to give her a taste and for her to get the hang of what eating is all about.
    I hope Xander isn't getting sick, although I'd say it's just this crazy growth spurt. I gave Nina panadol yesterday as she felt really hot, didn't have a temp, and was extremely grizzly. If only we could send them away when they're being naughty and have them back when they'll all smiles again!
    Have you got The Wonder Weeks? I found it really helpful.

Sharleen - I can't believe Ambah is going through the same thing. Although Nina and her have always been in synced with one another.

Fingers crossed it doesn't last 5 weeks or I'll go crazy!!!

I gave Nina panadol yesterday as she felt really hot, didn't have a temp, and was extremely grizzly.
    Xander is like this as well... he feels sooo hot to touch, but no temp and as grizzly as anything. He also isn't settling at night (I can normally feed to sleep, but even that isn't working) - I want my happy baby back.

I don't have the wonder weeks book.. funds are a bit tight and haven't found a copy locally.
    I'm going nucking futs.

hi girls. ainsleigh and i had a lovely christmas... she was spoilt but not excessively (if that makes sense!) then we went down south to dad's holiday house for two nights which was really nice. ainsleigh spent lots of time swimming and relaxing with her pop. ainsleigh has been really grizzly too girls, and chewing on her fist. she has been dribbling heaps, but that is developmental i believe. i even drove past the chn on my way home from down south to see if there was anyone there to get some info on teething. if i had been home last night i would have given her panadol as she was just gnawing on my fist.

shell - sorry to hear your MIL is being so rude. you are doing a great job. chrissyt - sorry to hear you are dropping out. i noticed you had not been on much anymore, and i know what you mean about trying to keep up.

i am going to get my hair cut and coloured tomorrow by one of the mum's in my mother's group. her little girl was born on the same day as ainsleigh, tho ains is a lot bigger and longer than her!

less than a week till we take ainsleigh to qld to meet her nanna and extended family... though i took a full suitcase down south for two nights... how will i manage for ten days in one case!?!?!

morning all

Anna** I am still b/f only and am not planning on starting solids until as close to 6 months as possible,, DD has exzema from variuos foods and i started her on solids at 16 weeks so i dont know if this was the reason.. Alexander does not sleep through the night and i dont want to start him on solids just to see if this will make him sleep more IYKWIM?

I am getting preasure from family ( in-laws) to start food aswell, i just ignore it. At xmas my SIL wanted to put a bit of gravy n his dummY?? WHAT THE!!!!

Anyhoo, I had better try and get sdome things organised today, not long until we have to move out of this house! and go to QLD!!

xoxo Little P

Enjoy getting your hair done Rikki!

OMG! I haven't even considered solids yet...LOL Breastfeeding is just so much easier...I am dreading the day when I have to start preparing solids. Plus I am one of those, 'It's best to wait till 6 months' fence sitters with the whole introduction of solids

Just added that cos I had 2 seconds spare...LOL

i'm like that too chrissyt... if they say wait till six months then i'll be introducing it at six months on the dot at the moment ainsleigh is formula only. she has just upped her amounts though... she has 240ml four times a day, then 300mls for her last feed at 6.30pm!

Anna**- I'm still exclusively BFing, Ash sounds like Xander, always on the boob, although with Ash she also likes a feed when she's tired. So she is on there alot. Although these days she won't even fall asleep on the boob anymore so I have such a hard time settling her. The only prob I have with the regular feeding is the fact i get no break, its hard to try and get out between feeds knowing you have to rush back soon for the next one!

little*princess- God that gravy on the dummy sounds like my MIL wanting to put honey on a teat to get Ash to take a bottle.

rikki- My hair is desperate for a cut and color! I'm so jealous. Glad to hear you've had a great xmas.

Jodi- God Jodi, I hope it doesn't last 5 weeks! I have the wonder weeks too and it says with Ash's age over this last week she should be in a okay phase so I really don't know what is going on there. Good luck with Nina.

Nelle- I wish Ash would feed 4 hourly. I get one arge break at night and the rest I'm very lucky to get to 3.

Out of curiosity how does everyone else go about settling their bubs for day sleeps? I have tried to look for tired signs and put her down but as soon as I do she gets this second wind and starts playing so I leave her awhile then she starts crying and won't settle unless she has the boob but lately evn after she has that she still won't sleep and I try patting, rocking, sometimes the bouncer will work other times she'll just whinge in it. Its become a nightmare, I spend more time settling her for a sleep than the time spent actually sleeping!

shell - I know exactly what you mean about the day sleeps. Nina used to be a great day sleeper. As soon as I saw the tired signs, I'd put her down and she'd go to sleep. But now, it takes me about an hour or so to settle her, only for her to sleep less than an hour!! It's driving me crazy. Nina doesn't feed to sleep during the day, and if she's not hungry, then she'll just play with it and eventually get the ****s. I really don't know what to do at the moment. I've been trying for the past half hour to get her down for a sleep cause she's so tired and doesn't want to do anything else ... having said that though she's not making any noise so she might be sleeping ...

I dunno Shell...his arms get jerky and I pop the dummy in. When he spits it out, I pop it back in til he pops it out less and less...I kinda try and avoid eye contact too, otherwise he wants to chat. I don't pick him up and pop him back in bed though, I just let him sleep in his rocker or on his playmat under a blanket. The times when I've tried to put him to bed for his nap, the picking him up wakes him up.
    If worst comes to worst, a couple of times when he's been fed, changed and comfortable, he's just cried himself to sleep. (Like when I'm in the shower)

Speaking of which, I might re-pop the dummy, cos I can see him rubbing his eyes while he's grizzling - a dead giveaway that he's ready for a nap!

It is hard isn't Shell? Xander loves the boobie when tired too. I really dunno what to suggest as I have much the same problem... but I have noticed lately that he starts this slight grizzly sound (sometimes its hard to pick from his 'play' noises) that if I put him to bed straight away, he will have a whinge but go off to sleep reasonably quickly ie; by the time I get out of the shower. If I wait for the rubbing eyes thing, it's too late to get by without the boob.
    I'm not one for CC, so if I hear him really start up, I go get him and settle with the boob - but I am trying to cut back on doing this all the time. Oh, and Xander seems to have this last ditch burst of energy just before he goes to sleep... not sure what that is about, but if I leave him to it in his cot he will play then whinge than sleep.
    None of this has probably been any help other than knowing that someone else is in the same situation as you!

She asleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anna, Nina does the same thing just before going to sleep. She'll have a huge burst of energy, roll around in her cot laughing at her toys, then go to sleep!! Or at night, she kicks the s**t out of me, then goes to sleep.
    BTW: did you get my email I sent you about an hour ago?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast