Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #18

hey girls,

glad to hear everyone had a great christmas. ours was pretty laid back like normal lol. we had christmas at mums this year as i never got the time to get my house ready for anything as we were all sick leading up to the day grrr. not long till the new year yay.

well im off to go and watch a movie with akira

bbl

Adele

Just sticking my head in before we head off. Im so going to die with out you girls for the next week. Im not lookingforward to seeing all the inlaws...who knows I might end up in Jail on murder charges yet.
    Anna - re MIL. What a cow. That was pretty rude of her. Lucky I wasn't her DIL, you must have such patients butmaybe if its still worming you, calmly tell her.
    AnnaT - I didn't get anyhting this year but im always naughty. lol. I dont really care, the best present I have is having Jed and the kids with me and seeing their faces christmas morning. I really couldn't ask for any thing more. Good on you for TTC #2 im so jealous.
    Hello to everyone, I hope your all relaxed and chilling out after the big feeds.
    I'll chat to you al lin the New YEar (maybe earlier if I get my way )
    xxmaz

Glad to hear everyone had a great xmas.
    Things here still aren't the best although today so far Ash has been in a good mood (touch wood). She is just so unsettled and I spend more time settling her for her daytime sleeps then she spends actually sleeping, she'll fall asleep and within 5-10mins be crying again! And cause she gets overtired she just is sooky all the time. Plus her night time feeds she's spending another 45 mins after eating to settle so I'm tired out! Please let this phase pass soon!

Sharleen- That sounds far enough to me. We do that in my family just buy for the kids rather than tons of people, I do still buy for my mum, dad and sister but we have so much extended family that it would just get ridiculous. I can't believe your mum wouldn't come see her grandkids!

maz- Enjoy your time with the in-laws, hopefully they won't **** you off too much.

AnnaT- Good luck on the TTC front.

Anna**- My MIL ****ed me off on xmas day. She was eating her pudding and custard and the decided without even asking to give Ashleigh a taste of the custard! She just stuck her finger in Ash's mouth with it, I was so annoyed and she asked me then did I want to give her more and I said no I didn't want her having anything yet as I wasn't starting her with solids til close to 6 months! She reakons 6 months is to late and to start her at 4.
    Plus when i do start trying her with foods it won't be something like custard, full of sugar. Ah I'm even annoyed writing this.

Hi everyone!! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!

I am just popping in to let you all know that I am officially 'leaving' this thread. For no other reason that it has just gotten too big for me and I can no longer keep up. I am more of an 'initmate group' kinda person, and I am finding it hard to get to know you all as much as I would love to.
    You are all wonderful, supportive, caring women and excellent Mums...and I will be reading still...but I just can't keep up anymore.

Thank you to all those lovely girls who I shared my TTC and Pregnancy journey's with THANKS for all the supoprt you have given me!!

KUDOS to all of you who can, and do wonderful personals etc.

I am still on the forum, and will say g'day everynow and then.

Bye for now

ChrissyT

HAPPY NEW YEAR...and all the best for 2007, especially those

Hi and bye ChrissyT. You will be missed, pop in from time to time and if we do ever get around to a Vic meet up your still invited!

hell yeah!! I wll try and make a vic meet up!!

Bummer to see you leaving ChrissyT - but it is very hard to keep up in here (I try and fail miserably!). Please make sure you keep in touch from time to time and I wish you and your family all the best for 2007.

Hey girls, Xander has been acting a bit weird for a week or so, I've put a thread in the general discussion area to try and get more ideas... but any input from you girls would be hugely appreciated.

BBL - the little man is crying again (sorry if I'm not online as much for a while - Xander is very demanding atm)

Anna - I've just replied to your thread in General Discussion. That's why I haven't been online much lately, she's taking up soooo much of my time.

Laurin - Yep, I'm still giving Nina rice cereal in the mornings, and now some apple in the afternoons. She's going through a mega growth spurt and feeding heaps, so hopefully the extra food will help her a little.

Chrissy T sorry to see you go.....best of everything to you !!!

Shellbell - I am with you on the settling bizo - rylee is the same - I am worn out too!!!....and I would be mega p*ssed off with your MIL as well for giving her custard - who's bl**dy baby does she think Ashleigh is???!!!!

Maz - enjoy your time away and we look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Hi to everyone else,
    Hugs
    Laurinxx

Hi all,
    This is a "me" post cause I need to vent big time about my bloody in laws!
    We went over to there place for dinner, and Df knowing what they are all like decided to be a smart ass and make a comment like "we need to get Ashleigh into a routine". So from that turned into a big attack on me, well thats how it came across, all I got was what i "have" to do. Like I have to leave her to cry, I have to get her into a routine, I can't let her run the place blah blah blah. I keep telling them most experts say you shouldn't use control crying til they are at least 6 months and i'm not worried how I'm doing things at the moment and MIL reakons its crap and I have to leave her to cry, then they start on her being a catnapper and she starts telling me Ashleigh has bags under her eyes cause Im not giving her enuff sleep. It just went on. When Ash is upset she likes to be cuddled while you stand and rock, well that was wrong too. It was like nothing i do is right. They made me feel like I was such a bad mother. Then they say oh were just trying to help you. I never asked for help! We are happy as we are! It really doesn't bother me to rock or feed to sleep or to not have set nap or feed times. i just go with the flow and eventually Ash will settle into her own routine. So on the way home in the car I'm crying and yelling and rather than be comforting DF says "I'm not going to talk to you til you stop yelling." When I'm already so upset and frustrated this didn't help so we got into fight cause he's so insensitive and I made him pull over and I got out and walked home and told him he can take Ash home and settle her.
    So thats the big saga and I'm still angry bout it today. It was all of them MIL, FIL and SIL. Do they think all babies are the same and all think they are experts cause they have 2 kids?

Okay, firstly this will be quick, cos I can feel River pooing his nappy (he's on my lap).

Shell sugar, by the sound of it you are a GREAT mum, you are the one who spends all your time with Ash and YOU know what she needs. All babies are different and what works for some doesn't work with others. How dare your inlaws give you 'Parenting 101' for YOUR baby! :mad: If you'd asked for a bit of advice, that might be different, but I'm so mad that they made you feel like you were incompetent. Even if they disagree with you, they should support you in your parenting choices. Grrr. Custard at 3 months. Holy macceroni.

Anna, maybe just have a gentle word to your MIL, even if she can check with you before offering Xander to her friends so you have the opportunity to say 'oh he actually is due for a feed' or whatever. I can understand how she would want to show off such a handsome little lad, but she needs to understand that she needs to check with you about these things first!

All the best with ttc #2 AnnaT! And Chrissy, how's it all going for you?

Aww ChrissyT, I can understand struggling to keep up! All the best for the new year. Feel free to pop in and update us on how you and Paige are going!

Sharle, what the? with your mum? Sounds like she needs a good spanking.

Maz, have fun away, hopefully the inlaws will be uncommonly delightful for you!

Ah well, River's scratching me (I still can't find his nail scissors), kicking the laptop away and eating my arm (rather cute), so methinks it's nappy change time!
    Later girls! (Though maybe not later today, I'm trying to be on the internet less, since I've realised how much time I waste on it!)

Oh shell! thats horrible.My parents were abit like that with my first but with this one i dont hear a thing! I think its the first child syndrome.They are thinking they are helping but really making us feel much worse.Perhaps they need to read pinky's books.

Nelle - I don't see my MIL very often as they live about 40mins away, so by the time I see her next I guess it just seems too long ago IYKWIM? She is treating Xander like he is her own kid, totally ignoring our wishes. She even tried to feed him chocolate at the Xmas do! I'm just about ready to choke her.

Shell - Sounds like you and I are having very similar issues! I hope that it resolves very soon for you. My MIL seems to think that she knows best when it comes to feeding kids... yet she is very overweight herself (dietary indescretions, not medical). I know that sounds rude, but she really needs to butt out as I plan on raising my child as healthily as possible.

Caddie - How are you doing today?

Jodi - So what is young Nina up to? I hope you are coping with this latest phase ok.

Thanks girls for the support, I have printed off some articles from this website for her. LOL. A couple of them are written by Pinky McKay. She'll prolly still think its all crap though cause she is one of those people who are "always right". Its not even her first grandchild cause her other son and SIL who was there have 2 kids, obviously she must've raised them to MIL liking!

What a busy couple of days I've had. It's just Heath and I at home now, all rellies have gone home and back to work, but Nina is keeping us on our toes. She's been a real missy lately, very cranky during the day, waking more than usual at night. I'm going to have a good read of The Wonder Weeks tonight and hope something in there helps me understand what she is going through.
    She's now grabbing her feet when lying down and playing with them, it's sooo cute. Those teeth still haven't come through, but it is sharp in the spot where they are, so hopefully it won't be too far away.

shell - I agree with the others, I think your inlaws went too far in trying to tell you how to be a mum. You are Ashleigh's mum, so you decide what to do with her. My parents are very similar. When the found out that Nina was still on breastmilk and not on solids at 2 months they thought that was crazy, cause back in their day, they started babies on solids at a very young age. And when I try and tell my mum that the recommendation is actually 6 months, she just rolls her eyes at me and says that's rubbish!! BTW: me starting Nina on solids at 4 months was my choice alone!!!!! Also my family believes that you should let babies cry it out ... which I am totally against! I too have told them that experts advise not to do this before at least 6 months, but again, they don't listen. Good luck with them, and I hope you can put your foot down and tell them whose boss!

Anna** - How's Xander going. I can't believe how much Nina is growing and learning new things. Any day (or week) and she'll be sitting on her own! Where'd our little babies go?!?!

hello yummy mummys!!
    i hope you all had a fantastic christmas!!
    savanna got spoilt heapsss!!! im still trying to put aways all her pressies lol
    i have not had a chance to read through the posts as yet.

i started savanna on farex this morning. She took to it soooo well. She did not try to spit it out at all. She finished all of it without a problem. Im so proud of my little girl. She is growing so quickly!!

Im going to go shopping for a playpen this weekend.
    Does anyone reccommend any particular brand or type?

I like the babyco one which has an attachable base mat. It looks a little small on the website though so ill have to check it out.

catchyas later!!

luv ambz

xoxoxox

Ambz, great to hear that Savanna liked the rice cereal. I don't know about the playpens, don't have one.
    I just bid on a walker for $5 on Ebay!! I saw it in at Target yesterday and Nina loved it, but it's $130, so thought I'd check out Ebay and what would you know, there's one on Auction and the lady lives in the next suburb!! I reckon I've got a pretty good chance of winning as it's pick-up only.

I'm thinking of going to a day stay settling class that my health centre runs for tips on Ash's day sleeps. She was having 45min sleeps but lately they keep getting shorter and today they were only 25mins. After 45mins she is happy to get up but anything shorter she is just grumpy but won't resettle. I will see how she goes though and decide, I know one of the mums in my group went to it so I should ask her opinion on it.
    I tell you whoever said the first 3 months are the hardest is lying! We've had alot more trouble with Ash this last month, its getting harder to settle her and shes getting more whingy.
    Jodi- Thanks, I do tell them firmly what I want but with his MIL its like talking to a brick wall, all she hears is her own voice!
    Ambz- Thats great Savanna took so well to the farex. I don't know much bout playpens we just were given one of those wooden ones, haven't used it yet but once she starts getting on the move I'll love it to put her in so i can take a shower.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast