Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #2

That just took me about half an hour to read up on todays events!!

I had a very eventful day today, after Nina woke at 6:30 for a feed, we both fell asleep in my bed for another 3 hours!! Once we woke up at 9.30, got dressed and did some shopping, met my mum for lunch, met a girlfriend for coffee then I went to the hairdresser and had a total hair makeover. I feel great now. Didn't get home till 8:30!!! Heath came and picked Nina up from the hairdressers and fed her, bathed her and put her to bed. What a darling.

Caddie: you poor thing, hope Ruby is ok. At least she's in safe hands at the hospital if something does happen (god forbid it doesn't). Keep us posted.
    Nina also lets out a scream or two while she's sound asleep. I have now learnt the difference from a 'dream scream' to when she's actually awake.

Charli: That's great that Ambah has put on 180g in 4 days!! Sounds like she's doing great ... what was she born? I know Nina is putting on weight but I wonder if it's enough?? I think she weighs about 4.5kg now

Shellbell: I know what you mean about Ashleigh being awake more during the day, Nina all of a sudden woke up and was more alert during the day and sleeping great at night.

SandraT & Nelle, congrats on your bubs, hope all is going well. Nelle you didn't stay long in hospital. Great that your mum is there to help.

Hi to maz, wheatie, rayla72 & anna** ... hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

Have a great night all

Snap Jodi - I just got back from the hairdressers. Got a heap of blonde foils done and got rid of the caterpillars that had crept up and hibinated above my eyes.
    Caddie - oh hon im so sorry that Ruby is so sick. I wish I was there to give you a big hug. Atleast with her at the hospital you'll be able to catch up on a little bit of sleep. Please take it easy and try not to stress to much.
    Oh $hit! Boo has woken for a feed...I'll try and be back later
    xxmaz

Aw Caddie, sorry to hear Ruby's not well...though to be honest, my hospy would be welcome to River...I actually considered for a split second throwing him out the window earlier tonight :eek:
    I think the neighbours would have thrown him back though!

Fed, changed, fed, held, cajoled, cradle moved in here, cradle moved back, blister on one nipple (and I KNOW he's latched on properly), Rans puts pillow over head, I go to have shower and now....silence...well, apart from the occasional wail/shriek/whinge, but I'm not sure I care anymore...

Cool that you girls got your hair done...that is on my list of things to do...one day...

Hey, how long will it take my nipples to toughen up? Cos I'm starting to dread feeds...

Might try for some more sleep before River goes nuts again...at least Rans is sleeping, I might get mum to come over again tomorrow, and he and her can handle the madness while I sleep...I've still only had about 5 hours since the birth

Hi girls, 5am here and just settled Julia after her feed, she was good tonight slept from 10.30pm last night to 4am..

Caddie - OMG re Ruby, I am thinking of you and hope all will be fine, I hope you can get some sleep...

Nelle - howdy , I have to say my nipples are still grazed and its been 2 weeks since she was born, do you have Lanisoh oinment? its a godsend.

Jodi - sounds like you had a great day.

MAz - hello - hows Vy doing?

Anna** - hows things? sorry we havent caught up, Ive been so flat out. Tomorrow if my first day alone at home with Julia shall be interesting, yesterday my mum was around it was so lovely. She was wonderful and bought me flowers, did my washing, bought me food. Aughh dont you love mums shes the best.

Charli - great news re Ambah's weight!!! how you doing sleep wise?

Shellbell - Julia has grizzling hours between 4pm and 9pm most nights, I dont know how to fix it.. tonight I was in tears and Jeffrey was egging me on too and I couldnt stop crying for 1hour I even screamed at one point while feeding Julia I was so upset, poor chicken I must have really upset her.

Nat - hey hope you and Zain are doing really well

Soph - how you doing? good to see you. Good luck at the weigh in!!

Off to bed now girls, will do more personals in the morning

Hello to everyone who I have missed as I am 1/2 asleep.

Bel
    xxx

mummymeegs Guest

Hi all,

Just wondering if I can join your little group? My little man was born 4 weeks early (15th of September) so now is a September baby instead of an October baby!

Look forward to meeting you all!!

Welcome Megan and congrats on the birth of baby.

Had a another good night last night, Nina only waking once, but since she's been awake (since 5.30) she's been really grizzly & cranky. Think I'm going to spend the day at home.
    belle, that's great that Julia slept for that long, you must have had a good sleep yourself.
    nelle, my nipples took about 2 weeks to toughen up. Those first 2 weeks I dreaded each feed. I'd lay in bed thinking to myself 'she's not really hungry, she'll go back to sleep'!!! She never did though LOL

Morning girls...

Caddie - OMG! That is just way to scarey. How is little Ruby today?

Charli - The Gaviscon Infant seems to have helped Xander a little bit... not great, but definately better! I'm terrified of those mothers' groups to be honest, but have caught up with a few girls I've met through this site and they are just lovely.

Welcome Megan!

Belle - Lucky you getting Julia to sleep from 10.30 till 4am! Xander still has a lot of nights that he feeds 2 hourly... last night was one of them.

Nelle - My nipples took a good two weeks to 'toughen up' to being constantly milked (moo!)... but I'm glad I stuck with it, as now it is all smooth sailing and Xander has even learnt to attach himself properly without my help (night feeds are easy now!). LOL at throwing River out the window, I've had a more than a few days like that. Hang in there hon, you are doing a great job.

Maz - Woo hoo at the hair reno's! Bet ya look and feel like a different woman now.

I'm losing track of who asked what these days! But to whom ever asked about weight etc... Xander is now easily a buddha sized 4.5kgs, not bad considering he was born at small 3kgs only 6 weeks ago. But apparently he is gaining weight at a crazy warp speed, so not a normal amount IYKWIM?

A friend of my sisters' gave birth last night to a bub weighing in at just over a whopping 10 pounds! I haven't heard how she is after that, but all I can think of is "ouch"

Big hellos' to those that I missed this morning... will catch yas next post.

Megan - welcome! our bubs was born on the same day, what time was your little man born? what is his name? Congratulations!

Anna** - last night was the first time she slept that long I think she wore herself out as she didnt sleep from 5pm - 10pm.. Xander is doing so great re his weight! OMG re your friends 10 pound baby! wow and ouchie.

Charli - Feeds are going well doing about 30mins one side 20-30 on the other, still hurts a bit as the nipples are still grazed god hope Im still feeding properly, ie, she is attached properly, she is a bit lazy and drops further down the nipple when she falls asleep which causes my grazing.

Jodi - you know what I feel exausted, I wish I could catchup on loads of sleep Hope Nina settles for you soon hon, is she asleep now? Im going to sit on the sofa now and relax.. ahhh wonder how long I can do that for.

OMG today Julia is 2 weeks old!!!!!!!! WHERE DID THIS TIME GO???? wow thats amazing!

Bel
    xxx

Hi all.
    I thought after Ashleigh's big awake day that she would sleep great at night but still last night feeding 2.5 to 3 hourly, no wonder she is putting on so much weight! At least after each feed at night she settles straight away until the next feed. i think her lenghth has increased greatly too cause her 000 suits were so baggy in the legs and now her legs are just fitting into them! I might measure her today.

*Belle*- you poor thing getting so upset yesterday. Not much we can do when they get grizzly. maybe a bath would calm her? Or you might just have to put her down and let her grizzle away.
    Glad you got a good break between feeds last night.

Charli- i think some mothers groups can be a bit scary, I suppose it depends on who you end with in them. I know from my sister some are great and supportive and other times they are all trying to compare what bubs are doing and everyone wants to out do each other.

jodi_lee- Sounds like you have Nina in a good sleeping pattern. I hope as the time goes on Ashleigh wants to feed less at night, I just have to remember she is only 11 days old so hopefully over the next couple weeks it'll settle.

mummymeegs- Hi and welcome to the group.

Nelle- Has your milk come in yet? i know with some babies just before your milk comes in they get really upset cause they are hungry and want to feed alot but the colostrum isn't filling there tummies. My sister had 2 bad nights with her son then as soon as the milk came in he settled cause he got a good feed.
    Took my nipples a little while to toughen up, had a bruise in the first day which was really painful!

caddie- Let us know what they say bout little Ruby. Hugs to you, must be so scary and would have been so hard t leave her there. At least she is in good hands.

To anyone I missed, hello and i hope you are getting some rest/ sleep!

hi girls,
    geez i can't keep up with you all! ainsleigh is four weeks old today, and she is having terrible trouble with reflux (well i think that is what it is, we have continual vomitting and sore tummy after every feed... takes two hours to feed and settle her) so i am going to try and get in to see the paediatrician to see if they can suggest anything. apart from that, she is cruising along nicely. we are surviving with DH back at work... taking ainsleigh in to my work today, so she will be well spoilt with cuddles.

welcome to the group megan. caddie, hope all is ok with ruby after being monitored. now that annat has popped we'll have to get the perth girls together. nelle, hope river is still inside the house . you are lucky that your mum is being so supportive... good luck with the breastfeeding. well done on the makeovers maz and jodi... i did that when aisleigh was two weeks old and it felt great!

well i am going to try and tackle the grocery shopping alone for the first time today... otherwise the dog won't be eating! wish me luck!

Just a quicky today girls (for now anyway).
    caddie - there's something coming in the mail for y ou. I sent it off today hon. I wish I could be there to help you. Hope both girls are better and that Ruby can come home today from hospital.
    Woke this morning to find blood on my side of the bed. Cause ..... Ive been itching my eczme (spelling up the [email protected]) and its all over my boobie that had the mastitas and my c/s scar. So ive made quiet a mess there and thank god I changed the sheets the other day to pink so the blood stains will sort of blend in lol. My right bb, the one that had the mastitas in it still leaks milk and its driving me nuts! OH the ohter good thing about bf girls, your bb's get smaller when yourve finished. Im normally a D to DD and i reacon I could go into a C now.
    Best go make a late lunch for the boys. Been at an inside playground all morning.
    Chat later
    xxmaz

maz, I'm really hoping my boobs go down when I finished breastfeeding. During pregnancy I went from a D cup to an E cup, and now my E cups are tight when I'm engorged.
    Well I'm having an awful day today!! Nina just wouldn't settle this morning. Woke up at 5.30'ish and was just cranky until going to sleep at 11.30 YAY though she's asleep still ... managed to do some washing, rest on the lounge and surf the net.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me

Thanks so much for your encouragement guys, really appreciate it

The crankmeister is sqwaking on the bed next to me, but I think I might be learning to tune him out! Rans is going to check his nappy, he just made us cheese croissants, they were YUM! Man I am just so hungry all the time...

The midwife came for a short visit today and said I wasn't doing anything wrong breastfeeding, so that's good to know that at least the blisters aren't my fault! Sending mum out for lansinoh (and heaps of other groceries) and her and dad are bringing round some fish and chips, hurrah!
    (River screams like a girl...just thought I'd comment...he actually reminds me rather of a budgie...fat cheeks and sqwaky )

Good luck with the lone shopping Rikki! The thought of that just gives me the chills at this early stage!

Nah Shell, my milk hasn't come yet, and the midwife reckons it might come late cos it turns out my iron levels and vitamin B12 levels are super low. Bummer hey. Which reminds me I have to add some sort of vitamin B supplement to my shopping list for mum! Good old mum...weird that I'm a good ol mum now too...

Popped some ice in a pad...mmm...not sure why I forgot to do that sooner.

How's Ruby, Caddie?
    Hey, how often did you guys breastfeed? Like, if you finished feeding at 1, and they started trying to eat your shirt and arm at 1:40...do you pretend you just can't see them? I'm okay with demand feeding, but I'm not sure I want him on the boob all day...
    Guess I'm asking, how long roughly did you girls go between colostrum feeds?

Well, hope you're all well!

Maz - honey I sympathise, I have excema over me too and gets worse when I feed. ooh I dont know what to put on it at all.. what are you using? my fingers are all bad too from washing my hands so much.

Nelle - hope River settles down for you hon..I breastfeed every 4 hours but if she doesnt settle with a cuddle etc I give her a 20mins comfort feed on one breast it always works this is usually after 2 hours of her not being settled.

Jodi - I hear you re the boobs, mine are the same size like yours..I only have 1 bra that fits at present.. and cant go out to shop cause I cant drive

Rikki - I hope the reflux gets better the poor baby girl, hows she going today? Goodluck with groceries, I did it the other night with DH and was so exausted after. my C/s Scar was leaking a bit of fluid (sorry if TMI) but its still healing and hurt like hell walking around for 1hr.

Shellbell - wow at Ainsleigh's growth thats excellent!!! I am finding it hard to tell is Julia is growing or not, Im sure she is but she still fits into 0000 singlets and it too little for 000 jumpsuits at the moment but she wears them at night. Julia seems to have 1 grizzly session per day, however today she wouldnt settle at noon until now so hopefully she will settle at 5pm when shes usually grizzly.

Back later girls have a good arvo.

Bel
    xxx

Time for a new thread everyone.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678