Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #2

So happy to hear that at least some of us have babies that are behaving themselves!

Alexander actually got some sleep last night, so that means I did too. woo hoo... he was still very restless in his sleep due to the reflux (he vomits lots in his sleep causing him to gag etc). I'm off to the Doctor today for our six week check up so will see if there is anything I can give the little man to make him feel better. The way he gags during the night does worry me a fair bit so hopefully we can get this sorted.

Belle - Congrats on the weight loss so far! wow.. that's heaps for so soon.

Wheatie - Welcome! Look forward to seeing you pop in from time to time to update us.

Well, I am off to go do a load of washing and have a shower etc before His Royal Highness wakes up again.

Good morning all.

Jodi and Rikki - I promise I'll be throwing soft objects your way (lol). Nah I cant complain any more. Vyolett is starting to setle down really well. She's just suffering from tummy pain as her pooh has gone hard due to swaping from bf to ff. She's asleep now so I can get some sanity (from you guys)

Soph - great to hear from you babe. Hope your doing well and that youll be back soon.
    Anna - I cant believe your taking Xander for his 6 week check already. We're the bloody hell has the time gone?

Helen - Hope your doing good hon, thinking of you.

Belle - So hows the milk truck going..hehehehe okay throw stuff at me now!

Caddie - hope the gastro has easied up. Thinking of you all
    We had -2 here last night so the heater was pumping and now its sunny and warm...go figure. On that note Im going to hang my washing up and mop the floors

xxmaz

Millana still has the runs and didnt vomit yesterday but did today.She is better in spirits but its hard to give your time to 2 kids that want your attention at the same time!
    Ruby was unsettled yesterday afternoon but slept all night except for feeds.Every 3 or 3.5 hrs.So we are all happy for the sleep.Was a lille unsettled at 430am but thats understandable when you have been sleeping since 7pm the night before.She has a gunky eye.I have been cleaning it properly but i may have to take her to the drs.Bummer
    Hello to all you yummy mummy's!

Got a great sleep last night, but woke up this morning feeling crap. Feel like I'm getting the flu. Going to get my 6 week check-up today so the dr can make me better. Nina has started only having cap naps during the day for about 10 min, then demands my attention. So glad she sleeps good at night cause I wouldn't have the energy otherwise. Talking about weight loss, I've now dropped 2 dress sizes YAY!! Except the scales say I weigh the same as I did when I came home ?!?!

Belle, I used Zinc & Castor Oil Cream for Nina's rash. Cleared it up within a day.

Hope everyone has a great day. Miserable weather here in Cairns, hot then cold, and now it's raining. At least we don't get -2!!

Caddie - Xander had a really gunky eye that didn't clear with saline; but a squirt or two of breast milk cleared it straght up! I can't remember if you ended up switching to FF'ing tho? If she is still on the boobie, might be worth a try

Morning girls,

OMG Miss Julia wouldnt settle all morning the poor chicken and I have 1 1/2 hours now until the consultant comes to check out my breastfeeding and my nipples hurt like hell they are all cracked. aughh.. but I used my fitball as my last resort to calm Julia down to sleep and it worked YAY.. thank god.. must use that more often! LOL

Soph - Welcome!! so happy to see you!!! Hows your little boy going? I hope you are well.

Caddie - I hope Millana gets better soon its the pits I know. Oh the gunky eye, Julia had it too, they did a swap at the GP to look at it.. waiting for the results but it seems to have cleared now, took ages, we were told to put a warm cloth on it and hold it there and then do one big wipe after and that seemed to clear it up in 2 days after trying to clean it ourselves for 5 days before.

Maz - LOL I wish my boobs were ok, hopefully the woman today will teach me a better way to feed, as Julia isnt latching on properly anymore and hurting my nipples like hell. How you doing?

Jodi - goodluck today at your checkup man do you feel like its flown by? do they do a pap smear? mine does at 6 week checkup man Im not looking forward to that, dont want to let anyone near me after the labour let me tell you...

Anna** - great news Xander got sleep last night! you must feel bit better today! OMG goodluck at your 6 week checkup today too! wow 6 weeks already how exciting!!! Thanks re the weight loss mate.. lets hope it keeps falling off me..fingers crossed.

must tidy house before the consultant gets here back later girls.

Bel
    xxx

Belle - There is no way I'm letting the doc do a pap smear today.. yikes. Besides I had one just prior to falling pregnant, so not due yet.

Hi all,

God was I in pain last night. I been getting slight cramping in the uterus when BFing but last night the pain was just excruitiating, I couldn't move and was shaking it actually was just as bad as labour pain, eventually a couple voltarin and heat pack managed to settle it.
    On top of that Ashleigh was quite unsettled. We thought we'd been quite luck cause yest arvo into the night she was feeding 3.5- 4 hourly but then her 2:30 feed went on for hours plus the pain I was in! She's been a bit unsettled too this morn, i feel bad cause i don't know what else i can do for her, she's fed, clean nappy, warm and snug she starts to drift off to sleep but then gets upset.

*Belle*- Do you use any nippple cream? i been using that Lasinoh stuff, i find it really helpful. Its does get painful, when Ashleigh goes through "comfort feeding" my boobs get sore from being out every hour.

jodi_lee- Sounds like you've got nina in a good routine, much better having her awake all day than at night.

caddie- Hope Millana gets over this bug soon. I can't imagine trying to care for a newborn and a sick child on top of that.

maz- glad to hear Vyolett is settling well.

Anna**- Hope you sort out the reflux. It would be scary in the night to be hearing him gag and worry if he is choking.

rikki- Lucky you that your little one is being so well behaved!

HI All

Hope all are well.. Very busy here so I dont have much time on the computer at all!

But Alexander is b/f well.. apart from the odd sort nipple all is going really well.. DH is fantastic, helping with night wakings and settling Alexander after i b/f him so i can get back to sleep... and DD is in love with her little brother, although she does not understand that he is a boy.. SHe keeps sayiing that the little baby girl is cute.. LOL!

xoxo thinking of you all, just wish that i had more time!

I will do personals later... just updating on my Doc appointment this morning.

Alexander has to go in for an ultrasound to check for 'clicky hips' as there was a definate clunking sound when the doc moved them around.. yikes. Bit worried about it, but hopefully there isn't anything wrong. Apparently one of the causes can be lack of space in the uterus... if any of you remember my belly pics in late pregnancy, this might be a possibily. As to his reflux, he has been put on infant gaviscon to see how that goes... fingers crossed.
    Now to me, well I never realised that I shouldn't be bleeding at 6 weeks post-partum (oops)... so doc is keeping a close eye on me for infection. My small tear is healing (tmi) too 'tight' so now I have to do perineal stretching exercises!!!

Hi girls,

Anna** - I hope your bleeding stops soon and your tear totally heals and you can stretch your perinium.. ouchie.. go the fitbal I say, its great. I hope all will be well with Xanders hips, did they ask you to do massage on him also? Fingers crossed for the infant gaviscon working. Have you joined the breastfeeding thread also? they have some great information/suggestions...if you are interesting in joining the chat. I also chat in there...the girls are lovely.

Little P - Your Alexander is such a little cutie!! and so excellent that your DD is in love with your little boy!

Shellbell - Man your breastfeeding must be going really well if you get such bad afterpains.. you poor thing, think of it in a good way your uterus will be back to normal in no time... thank god for voltarin and panadine forte I say. Yes Im using Lansinoh cream its great..!!!

Thank god for the lactaction consultant I saw today, she was wonderful, expensive granted but I can claim back on my private health and tax return. It was so helpful to find out why Julia is so unsettled - Im not feeding her enough and also not attaching her properly hence the sorest nipples now I must remember the right way to attach her and all will be ok. Shes just had 2 major feeds. 40mins on one breast 30mins on the other, then 3 1/2 hours sleep then the feed just then 35mins on one breast, and 40mins on the other... so now DH is kindly settling her for a nap.. she must be knackered now..and ouchie the boobies hurt. The poor chicken has mastitis as I havent been feeding her enough, apparently my hormones are changing must be the adrenalin slowing down the consultant says. And she looked at her gunky eye and said to put breast milk on it..the GP called me and said that I should put ointment on it but the consultant said breast milk will be better if that doesnt work go back to the GP...its getting better anways nearly so will use breastmilk to cure it..

Have a good arvo girls, hope everyone is well.

Bel
    xxx

Anna** hope all goes well for Alexander, when is the ultrasound? Hope the gaviscon works for him.
    As for not bleeding, I stopped bleeding at 2 weeks and my dr says that's ok??? Had to get a pap smear today, even though I had one just before falling pregnant ... ouchie. I hate those things. Well everything seems normal for me re: my check-up. Nina is becoming a real fatty now, I reckon she'll be around the same weight as Alexander now, she's really packed on the weight in the last week.
    little*princess, that's great that Alexander is feeding well, and it always helps having such a supportive partner doesn't it.

Hiya ladies, MY GOODNESS!!! How on earth am I supposed to keep up with you ladies...how do you find the time to do personals etc??!!

OK I will try my best to at least post so you dont forget who I am.

I feel ALLthe mixed emotions of motherhood, at night when I am up feeding and watching telly, I sometimes feel so tired that I want to just fall asleep. I feel the urge to cry creep up every now and then, and sometimes Mum will say something about how well I am doing etc and I will burst into tears.

Girls, I have it so good here. Having my Mum here has really been a saviour...and Heath is also so helpful and I am blessed to have had them both here during these first few days of Motherhood. I probably would have fallen in a heap as well If I had to deal with all this on my own.
    Hmmm....miss Paigey Pops is doing well, she is zonked as the MHCN once again arrived just as we had settled her and got her off to sleep...so she had only been asleep for 30min before having to be woken. We bothed crashed before, and she woke for a burp and a top up and is now flaked again.

What is your feeding routine looking like now ladies?

Paige is on one boob for between 10 and 20 minutes - I then wind her, offer her the other side...once she has decided what she wants to do with it I either continue to feed her, or change her nappy. Once she is changed I offer her the other side again and she usually has a drink before being settled to sleep. Some times she takes aaaaages to settle, some times she is out like a light. I am using the nappy changing time as her 'PLAY' part of her sleep, feed, play, sleep routine.
    Today she went in her rocker/swing for the first time as her 'play' and she loved it. Trying to introduce small 'play' sessions during the day, even if its a walk to the end of the street and back in her pram, and keep the nighttime as quiet as possible...see how we go. We have our bath at around the same-ish time each night so we can get that nighttime wind down association with her. It may work, it may not...it worked brilliantly for my 2 neices so I am trying to follow SIL's advice.
    Of course all this is flexible!!!!!!

Paige is still slightly jaundice and is a sleepy baby when on the boobie - but she is putting on weight which is the main thing.

Lanisohl rubs for the sore nipples!!
    Moochies for all our lovely September bubs...and ((((HUGS))) to all the tired mummies,

xoxoxo

ChrissT great to hear things are going so well for you! I too had my Mum and Heath with me for the first 2 weeks and couldn't have done it without them.
    My 'routine' is this:
    during the day when she's awake, try and play as much as possible, which includes tummy time, watching tv, playing on internet, walks etc. I let her go to asleep at various places during the day. Wherever she crashes, she stays. During the night, we bath her at the same time each night, dress her in some warm cosy pyjamis and try to keep the house as quiet as possible. Having said that though, we do leave her door open (her brm is right next to the lounge room). When I feed her at night I do it in the rocking chair in her room with just the night light on. During the day feeds are wherever it's convenient.
    This 'routine' has so far worked for us. Nina now only wakes once a night for a feed and then goes straight to sleep.

Morning girls - early again got at up at 3.30am for a feed! LOL. Hopefully shes drifting off to sleep now in her little cot!

Wanted to let you know I called Helen P as I was concerned as I hadnt heard from her in a while, she is ok, she asked me to update you on how things are going at the moment and she will be back soon. Heres her message:

Well Eithan and I had our 6 week chk-ups today. Mine went all well. After talking to the ob we have decided that I will not be going onto metformin but after I finish breastfeeding, going back on the pill and a particular one called dianne. My scar is looking well, I just have to get some cream to put on it and keep a pad on it to keep it dry not moist to prevent infections.

Eithan is doing ok. His weight is now 3.9kg undressed so that is good. She isnt too fussed about the reflux as he is putting on weight and he isnt vomiting blood. It's just one of those things that we have to work through. However his jaundice seems to be coming back. I think I let you know about all the troubles we had with him in hospital. Well now we have to go and get some blood tests done to check for his jaundice levels and to make sure that he doesnt have some sort of bad enzyme thingy or bad liver function. Also his kidney's could be at risk of getting affected aswell. So DH and I are pretty upset at the moment and I am so not looking forward to getting the blood test done, I know I am going to cry. I dont know what to do at the moment. DH and I are just trying to be optimistic at the moment.

Please think of her and Eithan girls. I hope all goes well.

Bel
    xxx

morning all, hope everyone had a good night with their bubs.

Helen, best of luck with Eithan. Good to see that he's putting on weight and that the reflux isn't too major. Thinking of you.

I can't believe how much time has flown. Nina is almost 6 weeks old already. It still feels like yesterday that I was in labour.
    We had a good night, she went down at 5.30 last night and had 2 feeds during the night, and straight back to sleep. She's now content sitting in front of the TV watching Sunrise!! She's staying awake most of the day now, only having naps that last about 10 min then she's awake again. That I can handle.
    I'm feeling much better after having a good night's sleep. Don't feel fluey anymore.

Hope you all have a good day, it's a miserable wet day here in Cairns. (at least it's not 30 degrees yet!)

only having naps that last about 10 min then she's awake again.
    Glad to hear someone else's baby does this... all the CHN's keep telling me he should be having big sleeps during the day!

Hi all,
    Ashleigh is still feeding every 2.5 hours overnight which is hard cause by the time I feed and settle her I don't have much sleep time in between for myself, hopefully these feeds will start spreading out a bit more.
    Her eat play sleep is a bit over the place at times, she'll eat, sleep, then play then want to eat again. Sometimes she'll just snack then want to play then eat again before going to sleep.
    I'm trying to avoid comfort feeding her but its too hard to let her cry when I know 5 mins on the boob will settle her! At least she doesn't do this every time maybe 2-3 times a day.

Helen P- Thinking of you and little Eithan, hope evrything goes well. Have a good cry if thats what you need.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast