Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #20

jodi- about two weeks ago savanna went through something similar
    nearly every nappy change was a poo
    and not just any normal poo but a really runny greeny coloured one.
    it went on for about 1-2 weeks then settled down on its own
    at the same time she was very clingy and unsettled and wanted to chew on everything in sight.
    she would also scream when drinking her milk which was unusual.

she is back to normal now
    it may have something to do with teething as it supposedly comes in phases???

ambz that's Nina down to a tee!! Good to know there's hope of it all getting better soon!

oh jodi sorry to hear about your day hope you feel in touch with your friends soon. i know how u feel if you ever want to talk you know where to find me wow on how many times nina has done poos.

caddie yesterday was like that for me. hope you get some rest soon. akira is a asleep and riley is in and out off sleepi dont think i can ever get the to sleep at the same time.

later

adele

Was going to post, but I can hear River wailing...he's really a pain in the whatsit today. Might go rescue Rans from him.
    I'll finish reading your posts and catch up with y'all later.

Anna and Jodi- Hope both these bubs of yours settle down. Its just awful when they get like that. Its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel and you just keep wondering when will this phase end! Hugs to you both just take each day or each hour at a time! Could you get your partners to take them after a feed in the day sometime just so you can try get some nap time in?

We had a nice day at the park, Ash loves going she gets so content to just watch everything going on.
    Yay! Neighbours is back tonight, highlight of my life.

hoep all you girls have a good night with your bubbas and i hope they settle.
    akira has a sore ear again so im going to get mum to give me a lift to the drs later tonight to get it checked out. we think it might be all the weather changes we keep having here in adelaide.

well im going to make pizza for tea talk to you all tomorrow.

adele

adele & shell, thanks for the chat earlier.
    adele - how'd you go at the doctors? I'm hoping 2007 is going to be a healthy and happy year for you.

Nina was a breeze to settle tonight, we did her usual routine, bath feed then bed and she was sound asleep by 6.15. She woke up at 8 for a quick feed so she still maybe doing the 2-hourly feeding. I'll let you all know in the morning I guess.
    Just a question, what do you all do with your bubs during the day? Do you have them on the ground playing most of the day? Or do you carry them around with you? I never know if Nina is getting enough play time on the ground. I try to do it a couple of times a day, for about 20 minutes each time. Sometimes she would rather play by herself or just watch TV. Also, do you read to your bubs? I've been meaning to grab a few books and read to her maybe before bed.

Jodi and Anna-So sorry to hear the troubles you are having, but at the same time it's nice to know that someone is going through it too, as of late I have been feeling depressed and down because of the same things. I hope things settle down soon.

love

Hey girls...I know what you mean Helen, it sucks that we're all tired and grumpy but it's so nice to know that lots of us are going through the same thing, so it's not our bad parenting, and we can all help each other through it.
    Riv was really wriggly and unsettled all day, and now I can see bumps on his gums at the front, so I guess it's teeth that's bothering him. We're getting by without anything for it, but perhaps I should go the chemist and get what? Bonjella?

With the midwifery, I've got a friend who's doing straight midwifery for 3 years, and she's LOVING it! Instead of doing nursing first and learning lots she doesn't need to know for midwifery, she gets to spend all her time focussing on learning to be a midwife. I know she'd highly recommend it. Doing nursing first would be good if you thought you might want to do other types of nursing at some stage too though.

Yay that Nina settled well tonight Jodi! River did too, I tried something new with him, put him in his bed, but left the lamp on, and hung up some clothes to dry in his room and tidied in there, so it wasn't like I was leaving him straight away, and I could keep his music on til I left. Didn't hear a peep out of him after I left and turned the lamp off, even though he was awake when I left him...that movement must get him settled and tired enough. I'll try it again tomorrow night, so we'll see if it was a fluke or not!

Congrats on the photo thingy Rach! Maz, if you think the yellow flowers/itti photo is better, I think I read that you can send another and ask Leah to use that one instead. Surely you would win with that one, it's gorgeous! Though I haven't seen the other one you have...and Vy is pretty cute.

I don't even know what I'm doing on here, I have a killer headache. Just having a bit of me time I guess. Might try and sleep soon. Night girls xo

HI Girls

to all the girls who's bubs won't settle *hugs* - we have the same thing here and I am going slightly mad as DH has been away for the week. Rylee won't sleep during the day and everytime I move out of her sight she starts screaming - it is starting to get to me. DH is home tomorrow thank goodness. Anyway hope this phase passes soon.......
    Laurin

hey girls,

akira has another ear infection grrrr. so i was up and down like a yoyo last night. and to top things off me and simon had a huge fight where it end up him going to bed early and leaving me up with the kids trying to sort them both out grrrrr.

jodi- i have riley on the floor most of the day or in his rocker which ever he seems happy with. most of the time he falls to sleep while playing lol.

nelle - yes its called bonjella its in a blue box u can get it from coles and places like that.

boo boo - sorry to hear rylee is grumpy hopefull it passes soon and you can get some time out.

well im going to have a lazy day where i do nothing. but lay on the lounge lol.

bbl

adele

dont have much time sorry girls. Vy's been taking up alot and the boys. School holidays, so im sorry for the lack of personals and TLC to you all.
    BIG GROUP HUG for us with naughty little buggers.
    **** she's screaming....Nikolaus justr hurt her
    BBl

Morning all,
    i think Ash favors her daddy cause whenever its my turn to get up in the morning with her she'll wake around 7:30ish, when its Df turn she'll sleep til like 8:15 and this morn slept til 8:50 for him! I bet tomor she'll be up early again!

adele- Grrr at Simon for leaving you sort them out. Next time you fight quickly go jump into bed yourself! I hope Akira's ear clears up soon.

Laurin- Rylee sounds like how Ashleigh was not long ago. It will pass. Its just hard cause you can't get 5 seconds to yourself without them carrying on!

Nelle- Its great when you find something that works to settle them. i stay in the room some nights with Ash then others I can't cause she thinks it must be playtime if she can see me!

Jodi- So how did Nina sleep? I hope she was a good girl for you. Ash plays alot on the floor in the day. Well when shes in her good phase. I don't carry her all that much except when shes going thru a hard time or is unsettled. Generally we have lots floor time, moderate time in the bouncer. Whatever makes her happy at the time. I have tried to read her books, I got one of those Lamaze books that are made from material and have things to grab and feel, I never get to read more than couple pages before its in her mouth!

well we tried to do the deed last night but didn't work out. Was too painful so had to tell poor Df to go sort himself out! I feel like a virgin again! So looks like poor Ashleigh may remain an only child forever!

thanks for the congrats girls

well mums group was fantastic yesterday we decided to bring stuff for a lunch at 1pm and we didn't leave this girls house till 5.50pm :eek: anyway we are doing the same next week, so looks like mondays are mums group only

lets see Af is due thursday and half of me wants her to not show the other half is scared ****less she wont

damn ... last night was the same, feeding heaps, except it was every 3 hours instead of every 2.
    it's very hot here so I'm gonna veg out in front of the tellie with the a/c bbl

My boy is being very good lately so dont send any of that unsettledness my way!

Rach, my AF is due next week and Im the same, part of me wants her to not show and part of me is crappig my pants she wont show!

It was our 2nd wedding anniversary yesterday and we managed to have an ok day with only minimal whinging from Dh. We went out to dinner with friends last night and as we were leaving the manager made comment on how good Jett was I put him down at 11pm and he slept til 10:30!
    Except its smoky here today, yuk, so Im sure we'll all be grumpy and out of sorts.

Awww Shell, keep at it mate, it was uncomfortable for us too (til we cracked it and threw the dom - and the rest of the box - in the bin!).

I've been having headaches lately - even resorted to Panadol last night (I'm usually too tough for drugs, lol). I even wore my reading glasses to see if that would help...though it was probably too late for that...I really should be wearing them now hey.

Hey AnnaT, it's great when they sleep so late hey - it's a bit like the sleepins we used to have before babies! I didn't have to get up to Riv til about 10:30 too, but I'm guessing it's because he was so tired from his little gummies hurting yesterday.
    He's rather rosy cheeked today - is that a teething thing too?

Bummer about Akira's ear infection Adele, hope you get a nice relaxing day on the couch!

Not long til your dh comes home Laurin, hang in there mate!

Right well, I'm just going to wait til my little munchkin falls asleep and then I'll hit the shower. Later girls xo

Another rough one here again last night... sorry for no personals girls. I've got Xander's naming day this weekend and am frantically trying to decorate a cake and get all organised whilst somehow juggling an unsettled bub.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast