Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #19

Default Babies Born September 2006 #19

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here

yaya first

hey girls,

with the teething thing i used bonjela on akira and only ever used panadol ifshe was in pain or had a temp. i would get get this food holdy thing from tomme tippee that could hold the frozen food that always helped. but if you dont want to give food yet why not try what jodi said about the teat.
    i will never ever use a rusk on riley not after akira chocking on it.

you can also buy this thing that looks like a tooth brush from bigw that massages there gums and it gets the used to having something put in there mouth like a tooth brush or you can buy a baby toothbrush and just out water on it and use that. it works wonders im doing that with riley now.

but the best teething gel i ever used from from the women and childrens hospital it is alot better as it is stronger and last alot longer. u should looking into your hospital to see if they do anything like that.
    well i have been very busy today i pulled down the christmas tree and put up my new surround sound system me and simon got last night and even mopped the floors. my house hasnt looked this good in months. i think the last time it looked this good it was when i was nesting lol.

well im off to get things ready fro tea.

later

Adele

I just have to say how great it is to have all you girls to talk to. I know if I'm feeling like crap I can come on here and get lots of support. You all make me feel good about what I do,(not like those in-laws!) And I like the fact how we don't judge each other but accept each others way of raising there bubs.

That said I've had a good day today, although Ash hasn't slept much, my sister and nephew came over so the day went quick, we went out to the park and fed the ducks and Ash was really content to just sit and watch the ducks and watch the trees blowing.

Jodi- How has Nina gone with drinking from a sippy cup? I was recommended to try one with EBM as an alternative to a bottle as Ash wouldn't take one.

Anna- Sounds like you've tried everything with the teething, once it comes thru he'll prolly have a huge sigh from relief.

Helen.p- Thats an awful story! You poor thing. Its hard when its all new. Til i came on here and read up in books i always thought you would have to leave a baby to cry it out at some stage, glad to see i don't have to.

shell, Nina is really fussy with the bottle too. I got one 4months+ and she took to it straight away. That way I don't have to worry about going from breast, to bottle, to cup, it'll be breast to cup.
    I'm glad you feel like you can come here and talk to us. I feel the same way. I know everyone raises their children differently, and I'm not one to look down on someone just cause they're doing something different to me. I think one of the hardest things I've come across so far is the solids. My family believe I should have started at 2 months, and couldn't believe I've only just started. When I tell them the recommended age is actually 6 months, they just sort of rolls their eyes and say 'well that's just rubbish, they need it earlier than that!' Suprisingly, MIL is the only one that hasn't put her two cents worth in, thank god!

where's helen's post shell? I can't see it

Helen's post is near the end of the last thread.

I might go look for the 4+ cups, what brand was it?

Tommee Tippee and Advent make them

you can also get a 3mth old cup its a tommee tippee one. target sell them

I've found the Pigeon Mag Mag cups have been fine with Xander. He's been using the Stage 2 one for a while now (it's suggested for 5months +).

I dont want my baby to grow up yet!! Plenty of time for a cup but my dd uses the mag pigeon cups and they were fantastic.
    Ruby still unwell,i think she has a tummy bug as she has had stomach pains and wind.Plus the smelly poo and diarrhoea.I hope its not another 3am start for me so im off to bed whilst i can.
    Went shopping for a while today but it was hell.Dont know why ibother leaving the house sometimes. Might as well wait until the kids are like 10yrs before i get some sort of life back.I love my kids but it is surfe difficult to get out and about sometimes.

adele - thanks heaps for the email, I'll give them a go and see how she likes it.

caddie - Poor Ruby, hope it doesn't last too long. 3am starts are the pits aren't they!

I know we've talked about this before, but what is everyone's general view on age gaps between kids. We're thinking about 18 months apart. Do you think this is too soon? I want to enjoy Nina as much as possible, but we've always liked the idea of having them close in age.

i'm so upset girls... i've lost the bracelet that dh bought me when ainsleigh was born. he brought it to the hospital and told me that when she is old enough i can give it to her as a reminder of the day she was born. this is the second piece of jewellery that sam gave me that i have lost... and he has only given me two!!! (apart from my wedding and engagement rings) i did not cry, but just am so disappointed.

other news is that my ex supervisor popped over for coffee this afternoon and offered me a job. i don't want to go back to teaching and being on the road, but this would be two days a week in the office as in house interpreter. i am seriously considering it, but have to talk to dh (after i tell him i lost the bracelet!!) i would not go back till ainsleigh was six months old, and just do it as a trial. it means that we would never lose my pay (as i am on lsl at the moment) and so our savings would remain high (but have to weigh it up with the cost of childcare). i am loving being at home with ainsleigh, but this job sounds so perfect, and only two days a week with really flexible hours. with sam's work too, he could have ainsleigh when he is home, so would only be in care for four to six days a month. hmmmmm, i am seriously considering this....

we are also considering an 18 month to two year gap jodi, so would only work for a year or so before taking maternity leave again...if i decide to go back

I used the mag mag cups with Jack - he would never take a bottle either but took the mag mag straight away. We also started with the stage 2 top. I went back to work when he was 7 months and still bf so thank goodnes he'd take a cup. I was worried for a while when I couldn't get him to take a bottle!

Jodi and Rikki, there is a 19 month gap between my boys. I highly recommend it. TBH it has been a lot of hard work, especially the first few weeks when I got very little sleep. But Jack has adjusted really well to having a little brother, in fact there has been absolutely no jealousy at all. And he geniuinely loves Tom. The only problem we've had with him is that he was a bit funny with me for a couple of days as he didn't like it that I wasn't home. But it didn't take long before he was back to normal. Other people I have spoken to with 2 kids all agree that when the older one is so young, they accpet the change much better. When they are over 2 they seem to have more problems with it. Good luck with TTC if you decide to. BTW Rikki, I went back to work too, and conceived at just the right time to work for exactly a year before going on mat leave again! I'm hoping not to go back this time though. It was really hard when I was working, but if the job is flexible and good hours it would work better.

I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts again, but I hope those having a hard time find things get easier soon.

Tom is still not sleeping well and now seems to be full on with teething pain, although with Jack this started 3 months before the first tooth so I think I've got to put up with this for a while. Actually Jack is teething atm too so it's all fun! Jack was such a good sleeper from the beginning, I guess we couldn't have been that lucky twice LOL!!

Oh Rikki big hugs to you. I hope you find the bracelet. I have lost the photos taken in the recovery room of Eithans birth and the ones for the rest of that day. I can kind of understand how you feel so I really sympathise with you. I hope that you can sort out work arrangements. Age gap-I like at least 24mths but that's just me. There is 4yrs between Bella and Eithan although that wasnt by choice we would have liked to have had him sooner.

Caddie-I really hopr that Ruby's diarrhoea clears up soon, it must be awful for both of you. I a m like you , the idea of hitting the shops on my own with Bella and Eithan at the moment is augh.

Better go Eithan whinging.

Love

God at the moment I think i want like a 10 year age gap! Just spent a whole hour trying to het her to sleep and she'll prolly sleep less than that and I was up 4 times with her last night! But Df let me sleep in this morn and he entertained her.
    But seriously I'm not sure on age gap, I want 3 kids and Df only wants 2 so I thought if I'm only getting 2 I might spread out the gap to like 4 years so Ash will be off to kinder by time of new one, we will see though, I'll prolly just turn around one day and say lets go for next one.

rikki- You poor thing, is there anyway it will turn up? Do you know where you lost it? That is so upsetting, I would've cried!

I might have to go shopping and try a cup with Ash, might wait abit though til she is more settled, don't think I should introduce anything new at the moment when she is like this.

caddie- How's little Ruby today? Is she at least keeping up fluids? Its a worry when kids are sick.

Oh bummer Rikki, I hope it turns up!
    River's getting the same thing girls, even though he's younger, I think his teeth might be starting to move. He was really whingy yesterday like he was hurting, chewing on my finger instead of sucking it, and drooling a lot! Oh and feeling hotter too.
    He seems cheerful enough today though, though he's still wanting to chew on his hands or arm. I suppose they don't have it every day, it's just every now and then when the teeth are on the move?

Ah nuts, my in laws are in the area (that's not really a bad thing, even though the house is a MESS!) but that means they're coming over (with some fast food for lunch, again, not a bad thing), but I still haven't had a shower! So I'd better go!

Ohh Rans just said he'd tidy while I'm in the shower. Nice boy. He took some photos of River in 'big boy' clothes before. Very cute. I'll change one to my ticker pic - After my SHOWER!! :eek:

Hi ladies!

Having a lazy relaxing day today.
    Savanna is at my parents. She stayed there last night.
    Its so hot today i cant be bothered doing anything!! I wanted to start exercising today too. I am supposed to give the dogs a bath....yeah...maybe later... heheh

I want to take savanna to the beach on Tuesday. Is it too early for her to sit in the water at the beach? Can the water be damaging to her skin????
    She loves her bath and splashing in it. we are such beach bums so i wanna get her to love the beach too. someone reply quickly so i can go buy her a bathing suit!!! haha

might go chase the dogs with the hose now..

be back soon

luv ambz

Taking savannah to the beach will be great as long as she is protected from the sun.ie)hat,sunscreen,clothing(rashie),investing in a sun tent is a good idea.I love mine. Sea water great for skin ailments too.Just rince her off later on!
    Ruby still has farty's and smelly poos.I jst dont know if its teeth or tummy bug? She has been pulling at her ears too which is a sign.Took me ages to get her to sleep last night and she woke twice. Hope she gets over it soon.
    Sounds like all our bubs are teething or symptoms of!! At least when we are feeling irritable everyones in the same boat!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast