Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #22

Default Babies Born September 2006 #22

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your Previous thread can be found HERE

Am I first?

ETA: Yaaaaaaay! Hi Girls! (welcome Vanessa!)

Spent a lot of today at Mum and Dad's today, chatted to Rans before, sounds like he's having a good time. Those boys are such nerds, they've gone to the middle of nowhere to camp, and brought along a generator to power their xboxes! Too funny, really.

Hope everyone's been enjoying their day! Glad you had a great time in Melb, AnnaT, it's a great city hey.
    Last edited by Nelle; January 13th, 2007 at 08:17 PM.

hey girls,

maz - i would get a room if there was one lol. me and vanessa see each other at play group and outside of there lol. cool cant wait for that cd. it was cool yesterday but its starting to warm up again. wish the weather would make up its mind.

nelle- thats just too funny about the xbox.

well im off to try and get the kids to sleep sop i can spend time with simon. for once lol.

adele

OMG Nelle - That's too funny re the xboxes!

The weather in Perth is all over the place too Adele, we had rain last week, but tomorrow will be 40 and humid, oh and there is likely to be rain again on Monday. Go figure!

AnnaT - 10dpo and you are already testing? you are keen! I reckon it would have to be a pretty sensitive test to pick it up that early... fingers crossed that you just tested too early.

Helen - Hon, I hope you are ok. Sending lots of hugs.

"good god woman! It's not like she'll be bfeeding forever!!!"
    Sharleen - Ah, but it is starting to feel like it is forever and my body will never be mine again Did you get some great ideas for your house?

Jodi - An F cup? Holy toledo woman. Xander feeds pretty much non-stop lately and I'm still a crappy A cup. No fair. Hmmm, actually I don't want to be a F cup, I'd fall over, but a C would be nice.

Shell - I feel so trapped as well, Xander will take a bottle, but wants me for comfort sucking... and a bottle just wont cut it. Hope you have some luck with the magmag. Xander is having me up around the clock too - and just generally grizzly the rest of the time, it is so draining so I totally sympathise with you. Have you uploaded a pic of Ashleigh in the wig yet?

LP - Glad to hear you are surviving the IL's place!

Kellxx - Hope you managed to get the house clean before the visitors arrived.... I know I don't need to, but I always frantically rush around before someone shows up.

Maz - Wow, over a year that we've known each other... that's amazing. It's great having a bunch of friends like you all online at the same place. I would've fallen to pieces many times without the support of this group. I hope your headache is better now.

Hi Vanessa - I love the name Annika, that's what we would've called our bubs had he been a she!

Belle - Did you get the CD I sent you yet?

Well, we had Xanders' naming day today, it was such an awesome day. Pretty hot for a picnic in the park, but a good time was had by all and the celebrant was just wonderful. Everyone loved my cake and Xander got spoilt rotton. I'm just about to go upload some pics of the day in a minute. Hopefully Xander will sleep well tonight as he has had such a big day.

ETA: Time is going WAY too fast... in two days my little man will be 5 months old!

Anna, you look beautiful mate, love your dress, and you look like a B cup to me Rowrrr...
    Looks like it was a lovely day!

Nelle - Sending you a big fat kiss for the B cup comment.

Sharleen.. i think they must all take after their dad's in that department! Jesse can do ripper farts, burps and poos.. just like his daddy! lol

Caddie.. Yeh i get most of my scrapping stuff on ebay too.. seems to be alot cheaper and easier too.
    Jodi.. good stuff re the scrapbook. i was the same about getting motivated but once i started i couldnt stop.. well didnt want to stop.

Nessa83.. Hi there!! Welcome! Hope all goes well with Annika's naming day today.
    Aww poor Teleah.. hope shes ok.

AnnaT.. we'll be TTC at the same time too for #2!!
    Hey.. questions re TTC. Has anyone ever tried the theory of girls sperms last longer than boy sperms and if you DTD just before you O then you have a better chance of getting a girl as all the boy sperms die faster? We would like a girl (if its a boy we'll still be happy) but was thinking of trying that little theory out. If it doesnt work it doesnt work, but i guess its worth a try. Mum was telling me a friend of hers did it and got a girl so who knows!

Anna*.. yep house was looking great, just in time too. Had a lovely evening with our friends from Ireland. They brought Jesse a bib that says "The Leprechaun made me do it" which is really cute. He had his little cry when someone looks at him thing happen again with them. He was fine after a good suck on mums arm though.

Well gotta run. Jess is getting his 4 month jab in half an hour.. ahh im so nervous!! Gonna go pump him with some panadol and hope that helps this time round.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

so thats 3 of us now that are TTC from October on. AnnaT - will be due by then. Im pretty sure Rikki said that she wanted to try about that time and Im thinking Belle might be back for number 2 then to. who else?
    Anna - you looked amazing mate. that dress is so pretty, i thinks you have to add to your tribe but..heheheheh your such a dedicated and fantastic mummy.
    Nelle - PMSL at the boys taking the Xboxes. Ah boys will be boys. DId you get the berry plush?
    Have to put up some shelves today for Wilhelm and do some garderning (what lefts of my plants) before the hot weather comes back. Im trying to get rid of this headache still. No pill for me for a while. Im trying to get all the toxins out. Jed can be in charge of the naughty protection for a while.
    going to have shower while VY is still alseep
    BBL

good morning girls

hope everyone is having fun to begin, no personals for me at the moment, cant keep up, Craigs kids and my parents left yesterday, so that is such a HUGE relief, i have been so stressed, trying to feed, clean etc for everyone is so BLOODY HARD!! and yes we are still TTC but im not taking temps etc, just having lots of sex, and see what happens, mind you i cant seem to find the time for sex axcept for after 9pm, and 4am, so thats when we have it EVERYDAY!!!!!! AM I MAD????????
    craig has an extremely high sex drive!!!

caitlyn is doing extremely well, dribbling everywhere, she still sleeps through the night, but im lucky to get her to sleep of a day,and she loves her jolly jumper.

better go tin lids are getting restless

have a great weekend girls, or whats left of it.

God all this talk bout TTC again! I don't know how you all can think about it, I'm so exhausted with the one I've got! I guess when we do start having sex again i just may acidently fall preg cause our plan for contaception will be pull out and I will also go by my cycles (when they come back). Hmmm maybe I should think more carefully bout that plan as I'm really not ready for another, I guess I'll just abstain thats the best way!

Nelle- Thats hilarious bout the xbox's. I can see whats high on there priority lists!

maz- Do you get your blood pressure checked when on the pill? My sister can't take it cause she used to get headaches and when they checked her BP it was sky high, maybe check it out.

Kellxx- I've heard that theory too. We were discussing it in my mothers group. A few said they could pin point when they conceived and the ones with girls did DTD couple days prior to O and the ones with boy said they did it on day O so can't hurt to give it a try.

Anna**- Glad to hear the naming day went really well. Hope Xander settles better for you. 5 months! He's getting so big! I'm thinking when Ash gets to 6 months and starts solids then that will be the time I try to get her to stop using the breast for comfort so much. At the moment in the day I've been trying by using her bouncer or pram to put her into sleep but what to do when shes too big for them!
    Oh and your cake looks so good. I can't get over how proffesional it looks, you're so talented! And you look great, where'd you get the dress it looks like a good BFing dress, just what I need!

Well I'm going to go visit my parents today. Df is hung over as usual on a sunday so rather tha being annoyed at him for laying around all day I will get out of the house.

ETA: yes Chrissy you are mad! With all those kids to chase after I don't know how you find the energy to DTD everyday.
    Last edited by shellbell3; January 14th, 2007 at 08:50 AM.

Shell - That dress was awesome for BF'ing... it was from Target and wait for it, was on clearance from $39 down to $15! Bargain. They had heaps of dresses in a similar style and most were marked down. I've got the same plan as you re comfort sucking, but I'll play it by ear as the nights I settle without the boobie are loooooong at the moment. It's a shame you are all over east otherwise I could have so much fun making cakes for all you girls...

Maz - I used to get high BP on the pill, so Shell might have something there. Have you thought about Implanon? I loved that, but it isn't for everyone. I'm seriously considering adding to our tribe lately, even though the one we've got is a major handful... and you are so sweet saying I'm a fantastic mummy, I try my best (but lately just don't feel like I'm getting anywhere)

Chrissy - If you stopped shaggin for a minute, you could have a fair chance at keeping up with the personals you vixen you.

Kellxx - I know a few people who have succeeded with the whole gender sex timing thing... I'd personally love another boy, but with my crappy fertility, if we decided to ttc again we'd just be lucky to get preggers! That bib sounds way too cute... I just had a peek at your webpage, Jesse has the same bodysuits (with the trains) as Xander. He is a beautiful bubba, how much does he weigh now?

Check out my ticker, Ash with hair!

Hmm i might give that theory a go then.. cant hurt i guess.

Ok.. im a little stressed out at the moment. Just went ang got Jesse's 4 month needles done.. he cried a little poor bubba, but was ok after some cuddles. Gave him a bottle when we got home and hes now asleep. Ok. So i go and check my mobile and theres a missed call from the doctor asking if i can call him back. I called and the receptionist said he's with someone atm but will get him to call me back. That was half an hour ago.. and now im stressing. He didnt call after Jesse's 2 month ones.. what could be wrong? DH said its obviously nothing serious otherwise he would have called back straight away.. but why would he call at all Could he have given Jesse the wrong needles? :frown:

Shellbell.. Haha what a lil stunner... Ash looks like a big girl now!

Anna**.. last time i weighed him which was Wednesday, he was 8.1kg :eek: Now thats a porker for you! Oh really.. yeh i bought a pack of 5 different body suits from Target i think it was. He lives in them while we're home, they seem very cumfy! Yeh it'll be great for St Pats day pics
    Last edited by ShootingStar; January 14th, 2007 at 09:53 AM.

I'm not sure Kellxx - but try not to worry yourself until you hear back. Did he remember to fill out Jesse's vaccination book? It's probably something simple like that.

Shell - I love that pic!

Oh, we had a great night here last night (finally) Xander slept from 9pm through to 7am... I feel so much better now I've had a single nights sleep!

Hve i missed something? Is annat preggers!!!!

Ok.. just spoke to the Doctor and he gave Jesse the WRONG NEEDLE!!!! :eek: How could you do that??? Its human error i know but he gave him the MMR instead of the DTP one!!! Thats the 12 months needle instead of the 4 months needle!!! OMG i was in tears I still kinda am. He said he called the registry and they said it should be fine but he still needs to have the DTP and the MMR at 12 months. He said to just keep an eye on him, he may get a rash in a week or too which is the measles rash. So i called the Kidsnet Help line at Westmead Childrens Hospital as i wanted a second opinion and they said he should be fine. She was super nice. She said if he gets a fever of over 38 or starts vomiting then he needs to go into Hospital and may get that rash in a week but doesnt mean he has Measles, is just reaction. So now he has to have another jab next week too. My poor lil boy. Though obviously im more upset than him but im still dumfounded that he gave him the 12 month needles.
    I just hope he doesnt have too much of a reaction to it.. ill be keeping an eye on him extra extra close this week.. how im going to sleep i dont know :frown:

Caddie - Dont know if AnnaT is pg yet, she did a test 10 day after ovie and it came back neg but I thought that might be a bit to early to test any way. Im just $hit stiring with being pg and due in oct. HOws ruby today mate? Has the poo siutation improved?
    Shell - PMSL at t he ticker. She looks like a little doll. I think my bllodpressure is high, Ive been having bloody noses again, last time i was like this...$HIT! I was pg...not yet please not yet!
    Anna - thank god Xander let you get a night sleep. I had the implanon straight after having Wilhelm and put on a heap of weight. I also bleed for 2 weeks on, then had two weeks off, then two weeks on again. It was horrible. Im considering the 3 month injection though. Might make an appointment with the family planning clinic at the hospital (wont cost me anything that way heheheheh)
    Kell - hope that the situation with the doctor panned out. Let us know when everythings ok, we're here for ya.

sharleen - you can laugh at us all when we're winging how sick and tired we are of being pg again mate.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast