Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #22

maz- thanks for the chat you made me sane again lol. with the baby names i like scarlett it goes with other kids names if you know what i mean.

anna- wow he is the same weight as riley lol and a good mth or so older lol. thats good to hear he took to the dummy that might make it a bit more easier for you. how do you feel about giving him food already??

jodi - riley wont take his bottle at all today so i gave him more solids and he seem to be happy.

shellbell - glad your house wasnt to bad when you got home i would have cried if it was hot. how is ash going today??

well im off for a while going to have a shower to de- sweat lol. and ohh ohh there is a cool change that is bring rain long your way by the looks and it will hit adelaide tonight yay but its still going to be 21 over night yuck and 34 tomorrow.

adele

Jodi- i hate when people do that when babies are tired. Why do they just presume they're bored? Ash settled okay today only cause being at mothers group she had me to fall asleep on but even getting her to sleep in my arms took 10mins.

Anna**- thats fantastic bout the dummy and comfort feeds. Ash just chews on her dummy, i try to give it rather than comfort feeds but it'll only preoccupy her for a certain length of time. A week or 2 til you start solids sounds okay, it won't be that much sooner than the 6 month mark and if he's ready should be okay.

maz- I'm with Anna, love Scarlett but not so big on Bonnie, its too olden day for me, my nanna gets called Bonnie though even though her names really Thelma!

It is sooooooo hot! Still in bout 38 degrees at moment. Got to 42. I think I'll just have to put Ash in singlet and nappy for bed, usually in heat I put her cotton thin sleep bag on but i think even thats too hot at moment.

Woaah finally Jesse's asleep, what a day!

aboll.. always the way.. when its too hot for them outside they want out and when its fine they want to bug you all day long..
    Yeh, DH and i are both quite tall, as is my dad and brother.. so id say Jesse has a high chance of being tall too.
    Re formula fed.. yeh Jesse will not drink a full bottle when its hot.. though i usually have the air con pumping so it doesnt get too bad in here. Do you warm Riley's bottle up? Jesse has room temperature but if its extra hot ill run the bottle under the cold tap for a little bit. At least if Riley's drinking water then he wont dehidrate himself which is most important. Id say he just doesnt like eating much when its hot, i know i dont either. Im really going to have to get one of those trap thingys when Jesse starts solids, they sound like a hit!

I love my brother-inlaw's sister's daughter's (lol) name.. Nikeira as in Nik-ear-ra. I think its gorgeous... but obviously i cant name mine that. I wouldnt have a clue what numner 2's name will be.. boy or girl. It was so hard deciding on Jesse and Tyler. We've said we both have to like the name otherwise its out the window... so will be interesting.
    Maz.. i think Bonnii is really nice

Jesse had a terrible day settling too, which is very unlike him. I think the immunisation may have set in as from memory at the 2 monthers he was like this a few days after. He just doesnt want to be put down and when he is, he rolls over onto his tummy and gets frustraighted cos he's stuck, so i roll him back walk over to the kitchen and by the time im there, he's on his tummy again. Would only sleep if i rocked him to sleep, then when he woke i had to rock him again, he usually self settles. But, by the time he gets back to normal, he's going to have another jab on Sunday.. oh the joy of it all

Hope it cools down tonight for you all out there.. i cant wait for Autumn!

Maz - I like Scarlette too! Bonnie is nice but not my cup of tea. Scarlette suits your other kids names better.
    Dont anyone steal my name picks It takes me forever to get Dh to agree to anything.

Shell - it is hot isnt it? I can hear thunder rumbling around up here but no rain. My elec bill is going to be huge running the a/c like this!

kellxx - when its hot i just give it to him at room temp sometimes i warm it up on a cool day. like today i tried everything i could think off even running it under the tap putting it in the freezer for 5 min. but nothing worked. i got my trap thing from target as they are down the road from me lol only cost $11 but works a treat.

with the name picking we only had a girls name picked out when i was preggie with akira and we didnt know what sex she was either till the day. and with riley we only had his name so we were lucky with both of them .
    sorr to hear jesse was unsettled today. hope he is a bit better tomorrow ahh the poor thing it never ending . i gotta do riley in 2 weeks and then its a day in the hospital to make sure his blood is ok with it all as he got a blood infection called bacteremia ( not a very nice one to get ).

well im off to the lounge again as i feel sick its to hot for me and all i seem to be doing is drinking water.

have a good nite girls and behave kiddos

later

Adele

maz, i love Bonni, my daughter jessica was going to be called either ebony or bonnie, than my ex changed his mind after she was born, so she ended up on jessica, mind you in 1993 every 2nd girl was named jessica, but it was the only name we both would agree on, and she was nameless for a month.

Hi girls

Maz - love Bonnie or I think Poppy is also pretty...

Shellbell - we have the same prob here settling bubs - some days Rylee doesn't nap until the afternoon by that time she is a complete grump, I have to be really vigilant to try and get her to go to sleep, but it is hard work isn't it??? no answers to that one.....

I'm stuffed, was up 5 times to Rylee last night and have to pack today and get organised for our holiday, oh no, can't believe it she's awake again was only down for 30 mins, there's my break over.....

Talk soon.

To the girls that asked how I feel about starting solids? Not particularily good to be honest, I would rather wait and will stretch it out as close to 6 months as possible. I might however introduce rice cereal via 1 teaspoon into a full bottle of EBM if I do start early... at least that way it is 'watered down' so to speak.

Shell - Xander was like that with a dummy a while back, but the LC showed me a way of gettign him to take it. Basically I put it in his mouth as soon as he starts comfort sucking (when tired) after a feed - it took a few brands to find one he'd even let me put in his mouth, and then hold him against the breast whilst he sucks on the dummy and until he fell asleep. I only did that once and he got the hang of how to keep it in his mouth.

Jodi - The LC suggested the dummy to cut out the comfort feeds and to resettle him, both day and night... I will see how it goes tonight. I've already noticed that when he is hungry, the dummy wont cut it, so I'm not worried about him missing meals!

ETA: The LC said she wouldn't normally recommend what she did - except for that Xanders' comfort feeding/sucking is getting out of control and I need some sort of break from him being on the breast all the time.
    Last edited by Anna**; January 16th, 2007 at 08:28 PM.

anna** - do what you feel is best for you and Xander. If you would prefer to wait until 6 months, then good for you. See how you go with the rice cereal in the EBM. I do the same thing with Nina about giving the dummy just after a feed and hold her close to the breast. She'll cuddle up to the breast too, then fall asleep. Very cute.

maz - Bonnii is very cute. I like Laurin's suggestion too on Poppy.

Laurin - good luck with getting the packing done. Hope Rylee settles for you soon.

LOL Anna, yeah I was worried River would miss feeds cos of the dummy but NOPE, when he's hungry he spits it a fair distance! River comfort sucks on our pinkie fingers, so I do the ol switcheroo to get the dummy in! But lately he only takes it when he's tired, so for example, tonight I put him down, let him suck my pinkie and when I saw the eyelids begin to droop, I popped the dummy in and held it til he started sucking on that.

Having said that, he started crying a few minutes later, but Rans and I have restarted our 'wait 10 mins policy' if it's just a tired cry, and he'd stopped crying and nodded off after about 8 mins. He seems to need to expend that last bit of energy or something, cos he sleeps really well when he has that little cry before bed.

Maz - I got your cd, thanks babe, it's on in River's room now! And what a beautiful pic, I'm so glad you sent it - it's got pride of place on the fridge! And I must talk about you a lot, cos my sis picked it up and said 'who's this?' and I said it's Nikolaus, Wilhelm and Vyolett, and she said 'oh Maz's kids.' Nik really looks like you!
    And I like Bonnii, but not sure how I like it with your last name - I much prefer it as a middle name - Scarlett Bonnii.

Got a dress for the weddings I have coming up - it's okay. I got a bit sad about my body, cos I used to be rather slim and I know it's my fault for not exercising...ever! Still. I miss feeling pretty.

Our aircon's on tonight, it's so hot! I warned dh about the bill but he doesn't care, he's just so hot! (oh just got him to turn it off)

Ach, I'm so sleep deprived, why aren't I sleeping!! Night girls!

hi girls,
    Forgot to say thanks for the cd maz, it was waiting for us when we got back from our holidays and ainsleigh loves it (she loves music!)

anna, i am sure that whatever you decide to do with xander re feeding will be right. he is five months now, so if you do hold off for two weeks as you were thinking he would be close to six months. have you tried him with a spoon to see if he pushes it out? apparently that is a good indicator of if they are ready.... and apparently with the thickened formula ainsleigh is already getting cereal as that is what they use to thicken it (and here i thought i was not giving her solids!) good luck... btw, we'll have to catch up again soon now silly season is nearly gone, you too caddie.

ok, i am rambling now as i am so tired. i added three albums from our holiday and christening to ainsleigh's webpage if anyone wants to have a sneaky peek. http://www.babysites.com/sites/babypassi/

goodnight girls x

Good morning gals,

Hope its alot cooler out your way today.. tis gonna be hotter out mine :frown:

Well, Jesse scared the ba-jeebers outta me last night. Put him to bed and he was asleep. About half an hour later i was bring the washing in and then heard him screaming. So both DH and i ran in to find him on his tummy and face planted into the bed! He had rolled over for the first time in bed. Im so glad at least that he yelled out. I thought in his grobag it maybe a little harder to roll, but obviously not. I wanted to sleep on his floor just to make sure he was ok, but DH convinced me to sleep in the spare bed (which is next door to his room, our room is alot further away), which i did. Every little sound i was up, but he didnt roll over again thank god. So, im going to try and really teach him how to roll back from his tummy onto his back today. Its terrible, all the things that go through your head after something like that happens.. im going to be terrible the first time he stubs his knee!

Aboll.. id say he just didnt feel like eating because it was hot. Like you said he still drank water so he was getting some fluids at least. Aww poor Riley.. i hope its gone and he's all clear. The things they have to go through!

Anna**.. im not starting Jesse on solids until he's 6 months... its just whatever you feel comfortable with. I may give him some rice cerial a week or so before but we just prefer to wait. I think im just a little nervious with it all, and he seems happy enough with his forumla atm.

Anyways.. thats all for me for now..

Ciao for now
    xx

good morning girls,

the kids slept all night but me and simon didnt it was to hot to sleep we were sitting out the back most of the night as it was cooler. it was nice to beable to talk to each other with out a four yr ol yelling at us lol.

its going to be a sticky day today by the looks its cloudy and hot.

kellxx- ahh that scared the crap out of me when akira first did that lol. so far riley hasnt done it. i counted the water bottles riley went through last night and it was 10 and jars of food. i got 1 bottle of ff in around 10.30 last night. will see how he goes today.

rikki- ainsleigh look like she enjoyed her self in the photos. sounds like you all had a good hoilday.

Rikki - what fantastic pics mate.
    nelle - you crack me up, pretty sad you talking about me all the time .lol.
    Anna - you do what you think is best mate about the food sits. I started Vy with a teaspoon on farex in her bottle and now whe's waitng for me to give her, her fruit farex for breaky
    Chrissy - I love the name Jessica and its one on the list aswell.
    Its caddies fault about Scarlett -she picked it ages ago and Nikolaus picked Bonni,. I dont know. It will propable chang eby the time we do fall pg again, but the middle name with be Katarina after Jeds oma who's 95, Vy was due on her birthday last year.
    Its spitting here. Just hope it doesnt end up a humid day
    BBL - Have to feed the kids and go to the post office to send of my ebay items, made $100 this week andive only jsut started. Only $50 and Ive got my toilet for my ensuite. PMSL

God my son is driving me mad! Now thats he's decided rolling is fun he does it ALL THE TIME! Everytime I put him on his back he rolls to his tummy then sooks.

As for comfort feeding well Jett does it but with his bottle of apple juice. I now have to train him out of it as it can cause tooth decay before they even come in. He will take his dummy if I do what you guys are doing with it but I want him to settle without it as he doesnt keep it in and it drives me mad.

Still no AF. Might test tomorrow if she's still MIA.

Sharleen - hope today brings you great news. OH can I come and make a mask too. How much fun.
    AnnaT - Be happy mate that he's rolling so much, he's starting to get his independance and your going to need it when number 2 is here by october. I hope to fooy your pg. Ive got everything crossed for ya
    On the rolling front, Vy rolled over for the first time yesterday start to me and cuddled in. It was a minties moment
    Right, really must go or I'll get bad mother of the year
    xxmaz

Rikki - Would be great to catch up again, and Caddie this time too! I have been practice feeding Xander with boobie milk on a spoon, he doesn't push it out anymore. I dunno why I am so worried about starting a few weeks early - highly doubt that it really would make much difference, but I guess months of having it drummed into me to wait till 6 months has got me worried (probably unnecessarily)

Sharleen, I agree with Maz, making masks sounds like lots of fun. Best of luck with the news today.

Kellxx - I'm glad I'm not the only one a little nervous about starting solids. Sorry to hear you had a bit of a scare with Jesse... you are probably just a little jumpy still after having the wrong vaccine, I reckon you'll be just fine the first time he stubbs his toe.

Nelle - I bet you are going to look gorgeous in your new dress. Make sure you post a piccy up when you are all prettied up so we can tell you how great you look.

Maz - I love the name Katerina... always have. Such a pretty name.

AnnaT - Great that Jett is rolling nicely. We're still waiting for Xander.

Belle - How are you going hon?

Better go play with my little monster, I can hear him starting to grizzle from his playmat.

ETA: Love the photos Rikki
    Last edited by Anna**; January 17th, 2007 at 09:15 AM.

AnnaT.. i so hear you! Jesse is doing the exact same. As soon as he's down he's over on his tummy and then sooks.. then i turn him back and he sooks again and rolls over and sooks as he's stuck. I was excited at first but now its driving me mad too!
    Best of luck with the test!!

Yay for Vy rolling over!

Anna**.. yeh youre probably right

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast