Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #22

Why does every nap time turn into a scream fest? it is so hard to get her to settle for her day sleeps. I get onto her tired signs but she won't sleep and just gets tireder and tireder til screaming!

Jodi.. aww you poor thing. Hope you can get a few zzz while MIL is over?

aboll.. thats true.. hmm well just fling em across and ill fling em back when theyre ready for their bath
    Yep hes a bottle baby. Has been since he was just over a week old. When he was Rileys age he was 8kg. But he was a big bub (8lb 9oz) when born. How heavy was Riley? Jess seemed to have a huge growth spurt between 2 - 3 months.. now he seems to be only putting on 100g per week. (is that enough?) I had a search on the net to try and find what the average is to their height and found a website called who dot int (world health standards). They have the child growth standards 0-60 months and Jesse seems to be normal on that.

Ahh well.. back to it.. lil guy is awake

Aww Shellbell you poor things! Would she have any wind? Have you got her room nice and dark? I recently put some curtains over Jesse's Verticals and its made the world of difference. Whats the temperature like in there? Ive got a fan blowing into Jesse's room. He wouldnt settle before in his bed, i had to rock him to sleep infront of the fan.
    I hope she settles soon for you... sending some *settling* vibes xx

She's asleep now but just everyday, every sleep is a battle. Sometimes I just use her rocker cause that will take 10mins to settle rather than 20- 30mins it takes in the cot but soon she'll grow out of it so we try not to use all the time. Her room is fine, I do all the things i do for night sleeps just in the day she fights sleep so much. Wouldn't be too bad if she had 2 big sleeps rather than 4 short naps cause all those settling times for each nap add up, no wonder I feel exhausted. She used to fall asleep on the boob but rarely does so in last month. May have to attend settling school! Will have to chat with MCHN on Thurs. She's just not happy unless I'm holding her, even lying next to her on my bed doesn't cut it.I'll hold her then as soon as I put her down- screaming!

Jesse's been going through the clingy stage too, put him down and waaaaaaa. Could she be going through a growth spurt thats making her so unsettled lately? Have you tried maybe pushing her in a pram during the day since you dont want to use the rocker too much?
    Go put your feet up now anyways while you have some time to yourself, watch a bit of Oprah

hey girls,

shellbell- i had that problem with akira nad still do when it come to bed time at night. i end up yelling at her and then she ends up crying herself to sleep. its the same everynight and has been from day one she hated naps when she was a day old wanted to be awake all the time. hopefully ash doesnt turn out like that. try the pusher as she seems to like movement during the day.

kellxx- no worries ill send them there now lol akira is being a little **** today wanting to go outside when it is 40 out there. crazy kid.
    riley was 7pound 7 oz. and 54cm long.. riley is going through a growing heaps every 2 weeks we have worked out he seams to grow an average of 3 to 5 cm a month. but he is going to be tall like his daddy i think akira is a tall kid as well. thats the normal amount they put on each week and he will pick up again in a few months as he has another big growing session.
    im sure his is the right weight for his length it sounds like he is going to be a nice big boy when he is older. the dr said riley might hit 7ft when he is 16 ahhhh help me simon is only 6.2 so he will be as tall as my brother. bloody tall arses i think i missed out lol. im only 5.2 and got tall kids. something very wrong with that i think.
    ive added you to msn as well

well im off to the lounge to put my feet up for a while

Adele

just a quick question to all the babies that are ff. when its hot do they go off there milk and just want water??? riley wont touch his milk today but is happy drink water. and is happy to have puree apple frozen into a cube put into that mesh food holder thingy. lol

adele

adele - ive go tthe same prob with Vy - its another 42 degree dya and she doesnt want her formula. I ended up running a cool bath (cause im as hot as aswell) got in with her and gave her her bottle in it. Settled her right down too.
    Shell - VY is screaming that high p[itch scream when I go to put her down. It usually means their over tired. Settling school sounds good. Do what you think helps babe. Its hard being a mum but quiet obviously your a good mum cause your worried about Ash and your trying to find solutions.
    Hello everyone else - i have the bigget heat headache out. Everyone has finally left, the kids had a blast and us parents just sweated. I cant believe my little man is 5, I could cry.
    Caddie - got the liners they are so gorgeous. thank you honey. did you get your Cd?
    Did you other guys get yours yet?
    Right going for a panadol and some quiet time with my little men while elephant is asleep.
    BBL

Not yet maz,I reckon tommorow.If the liners are no good just pass them on but i thought they were cute.It depends i suppose what type of nappies you are using.
    Ruby goes off her formula too when hot and wants water.It took me a while to figure it out!!
    Sometimes im sure its first child that has issues with sleeping.Millana did too and i think it was because i didnt recognise tired signs.
    Ruby just gets grumpy when hot,hungary,wind or teeth.Bless her.
    Hope all you girls are having a break when you need it.Maz are you drinking enough water for your headache?
    My house is a pig again.I want to scrap but i also need to organise a picnic tommorow.Heading up to lottories west with my sis and a friend.Hope its a lovely day.
    BBl miss millana is commanding my attention.I thought shed be tired going to gymnastics but alas. Ruby played up a little too so it was fun for me not.

maz - thats an idea i might try that when simon gets home. i havent got the cd yet im sure ill get it during the week. i know what you mean with the heat headache i have been drinking heaps of water but it wont go away even panadol isnt working. maz ive almost finished that thing im doing for vy should be able to post it off to you in a few weeks. i hope you will like it.

caddie- you have a nice day out tommorrow.

shellbell- riley cries if someone esle holds him apart from me its driving me insane . and when he is tried he get all angry and stays yell A alot lol.

ahh so hot i could cry.

later adele

Ness - Jed and I are considering naming #4 if its s girl Willoe. Dont know yet as its to much like Wilhelm. I like Poppee as well. Girls names are way to hard. I might have to let Nikolaus pick again (he picked Vy's name)

Hello Ladies!

how are we all??

i havent had a chance to ready through the posts as yet and i cant remember what i was gonna say lol

savanna is due for her 4 month vaccs but its too damn hot so i keep putting it off
    im gonna have to get it done sometime this week.
    been a lil busy lately. started packing up things here and there as we are moving house by end of march so i dont wanna leave it all till the last minute.

i really dont wanna leave this place as its the perfect house for us but the landlords are moving in after their wedding.

oh wells just another new adventure for us. we were hoping to be buying a house by now but we have decided to wait a lil bit more. gotta really save those $$$
    we are such bad money savers!! hehe gotta tighten things up now lol

thunder storms are predicted tonight and its getting really windy. i hope savannas pool or the gazebo doesnt blow away haha... oh thats not funny what a waste that would be.

i have had to take her off the solids as she has been really constipated and is not pooing. my poor little darling i guess her little tummy is not ready as yet.

well i better go do something i guess.

take care ladies

luv ambz

ps- hi chrissy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! long time no post!! yay for you for catching up hehe
    caitlyn looks sooooooo gorgeous in her pool!
    Last edited by ambz; January 16th, 2007 at 03:14 PM. Reason: saying hi to chrissy :)

hey girls,

nessa- i dont think she is evil. she might be crapy cause she has to share u now if you know what i mean. have you tried taking away something that means alot to her eg tiger. sounds mean but it might work. didnt you have to do that with annikas name as well???

maz- i went through every name and ended up with a boy japanesse name for akira lol. simon liked really girly names like emily and that.

well im off

adele

Yep Maz I got your cd thanks buddy man I'm TIRED full on. MIght have a nap on the couch, I can hardly keep my eyes open. It is windy hey Ambz! I should really put some washing out. Might tell dh it's his turn...My turns been the last couple of months Ahh boys.
    Well, loving you and leaving you! xo

Hi chatterbox's!
    Thanks to all for support from my venting, these bubs of ours like to keep us stressed and worrying.

Been to mothers group in the lovely air-con, stayed there 3 hours, didn't want to leave! My place isn't too bad though cause no-one being home couldn't heat up too much.

Ahh I feel like a nap, don't think I'll sleep much in this weather... where is the cool change? Not in sight hot days til Sunday!

What do you girls think of the name Bonnii? Its another Nikolaus picked name, nice and old fashioned and yet not a name heard often. I like being a bit different. I didn't mind Scarlett as Caddie said many many moons ago but its to much like Vyolett. We really want something that will go with all the kids names, Nikoalus, WIlhelm, Vyolett.........
    Any hints would be fab girls

I love the name Scarlett... Sorry Maz (please don't be offended!) but I'm not really a fan of Bonnie myself, but not sure why. Also, the name Scarlett would go really well with the other kids names.

I had Xander weighed today, he's 7.3kgs now... but as I'm losing a lot of weight my lactation consultant said I might need to start solids in a week or two (and she is very anti-before-6-months). I was also recommended to start him on a dummy to cut out his comfort feeds... and guess what? he loves it! He will only take the Nuk or Pigeon ones, but that's cool - and it is working too, he has only wanted boobie 4 times today so far! yay!

So excited, my new BumGenius V2's just arrive... better go give Xander a nappy change
    ETA: About fluffy mail!
    Last edited by Anna**; January 16th, 2007 at 05:57 PM.

Well today was another LONG day. Nina only ended up having 2 40min sleeps, which took about an hour each time to get her to do that! Heath came home an hour early to give me a break. MIL came over to help, but when Nina was getting cranky, she thought she was bored and would change the game or toy and keep playing with her, problem was she was tired! So that's why she didn't have her usual naps. The whole time she was here I was trying to settle Nina.

anna** - with the advice from the lactation consultant, when did she recommend you give the dummy? During the day to cut out feeds or night, or both? How do you feel about starting solids in a couple of weeks? I know you wanted to wait till at least 6 months. I haven't had Nina on any solids since coming back from holidays, I wanted to sort out her excessive feeding, but I started back on it today and she's only had 4 feeds today, and this afternoon has been a lot happier than usual. I gave her some rice cereal at 3.30, see if that'll fill her up a little.

shell - good to hear you enjoyed mothers group with a/c!! How did she go with settling her today?

Sorry but I've forgotten what everybody else said. bbl with more personals when I read through them again

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast