Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #3

Alexander is now officially smiling for real... he's been doing it for over a week now, but I wasn't so sure. Yesterday my Mum picked him up and he gave her the biggest grin! Sooooo cute (and totally made my Mum's day). Be damned if I can capture it on camera tho! lol.

Charli - Xander slept for 5 hours last night too! bliss isn't it? He went on a cluster feeding frenzy that lasted till 10.30pm, but then zonked out 4am. *happy dance*

Belle - Sounds like the bills coming in are more painful than the labour! Still, I'm sure little Julia is worth every cent (and some!)

Caddie - Sending lots of hugs.. hope your little girl is back home soon.

Jodi - Xander is covered in icky milk spots as well, looks terrible doesn't it? I just hope they go soon.

Maz - How is your little angel going?

Nelle - Is your baby still inside, or did he go out the window last night?

AnnaT - How's the BF'ing situ going? Did you get my e-mail re the nappies?

Hello to all you other yummy mummies!

Well, after Xander's smiling efforts yesterday, Grandma (my Mum) decided that she needed to go shopping for some more baby clothes. Me thinks I'll be asking bub to smile more often...he got so much nice new stuff! The gaviscon is helping quite a bit, but he does still scream a lot too... I guess I'm just getting used to the noise around here as I am coping a lot better with it lately. After all, if he is changed, fed, clean, burped and comfortable that really isn't much else I can do other than cuddle him till it passes.

Have a great day girls!

Heres my stats:
    Forum name: Anna**
    State: WA (Northern 'Burbs)
    Baby's DOB: 15th August 2006 (early bird!)
    Statistics:length 49cm, head 34cm and weight 3070grams
    Name: Alexander Siegfried
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: 6 hour labour (inc pre-labour), bit of gas and no stitches.

hey girls,

its a nice day here is adelaide. we took the kids to the park riley was happy watching the birds lol. sorry to say this but i had the best night last night with him he slept for 6hr straight lol. but we were up at 6am so i had him bathed, feeded and the house clean by 9 and i was sitting there bored out of my mind.

belle - thats ok i wasnt on for very long akira started to play up a bit so i put her to bed. and ended up in bed not long after you sms.

nelle - congrats on having your little boy. he has such a nice name.

caddie - hope your little girl gets better soon. i know how hard it is when there in hospital. hang in there

hope everyone is doing well i will be back in later after i had a nap.

Seeya

Adele

My stats.
    Forum Name: Maz
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 2nd Sept
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 1oz Length - 50cm Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Vyolett Rosemarie Elizabeth
    Baby's Website: God I cant remember!
    Health Concerns: seperation angisaty (sp?) hehehhehe
    Notes: had emergency c/s 3 days prior to the one that was booked in . Went into early labour and waters broke on operating table. Vyolett's head was stuck in my pelvis and was pulled out with forceps. Mum didn't even feel like she had a c/s and was up 4 hours later. If I tell you guys I want another baby in 6 months - please put me in a mental hospital!
    hello chickens
    how are you all? Jed let me have a sleep in until 9.30 this morning an now Ive got aheadache cause I slept to much! I just cant win.
    We spent the morning grocier shopping with all 3. Vyolett's been awake since we got home at 1 so its bath time in a min then off to bed after a feed. She's slowly geting into a routine (thank god) was starting to wonder if babies bounced back of the wall or not (lol) dont stress I'd never do that.
    Nikolaus is off at a friends and Wilhelm is watch a dora dvd.
    Caddie lovie, I hope to hell your ok mate and that little Ruby is getting better. She is so gonna get 3 firm smacks later for scaring the hell out of us!
    Great to see we're almost all over here. Has anyone heard from the other 2 yet?
    Gotta get Vy bathed
    xxmaz

My cheeky monkey is asleep so I can actually finish a post today lol

Anna - didnt get your email yet? Ryan reminded me about the nappies today lol He's super keen.
    Caddie - hope Ruby gets better soon! Im sorry its taken me so long to respond to this, I kept meaning to ask how you were doing and what the go was with your little angel but Jett never let me finish a post until now.
    Nelle - Woman you have no idea how glad I am you popped on your EDD lol I kept thinking after having Jett that poor you was going to be left on your lonesome. Will be cool having our boys a day apart in age, we can keep track of the milestones together once we get over east! Good on you for birthing all 9lbs of him :eek: I thought my 3hr labour and 6lb baby was amazing hehe
    Everyone else - Hello

We are doing ok. I actually got a 3hr block of sleep TWICE last night so Im feeling pretty normal, but my little monkey decided at 5am he didnt want to be nice anymore so fussed until 8am. We've still been having issues with the breastfeeding, I think due to wind. He just fusses most times and takes 20min just to attach but once he's on he's fine until his tum is full. I read on BB about giving them 20mls of boiled water at room temp to help with the wind and since doing that this morning not only is he burping and happier BUT he is attaching relatively easier and taking my left boob without too much hassle (seems he is a right boob man lol) So Im hoping this is the start of a better BF experience.
    We went shopping this morning as I needed to get my forms and stuff into medicare. He was an absolutel angel snoozing away in his baby carrier! I bought a new top as a celebration of being able to wear pre pregnancy clothes again and it was a size 8 YAY! Speaking of snoozing, my little man is a sleep addict UNTIL the early hours of the morning lol He is asleep again right now, its all he seems to do for up to 4hrs at a time. I hope it continues so I can stay sane and happy.

I must say I LOOOOOOOOOVE looking at him, cant believe we made him. I love being a Mama

Hi girls, just popping in to check on Helen. Is Eithan okay??

AnnaT - I will re-send the info to you! Dunno where the first one went. Maybe I sent to the wrong addy?

Hello girls! I have my babe home.Yippee.They think she has had a choking episode and not a fit or apnoea.They said i most likely will have more episodes of the same but at least im prepared.It could be a type of reflux but they are not willing to do anything yet.I have a review at the hospital in oct.
    She was an angel at hospital,im sure thats why they didnt want to give her up.
    She is feeding around the 3hr mark an taking 80-100mls at a time.Though at the hospital she was so hungary she had 100ml and then 1/2hr later another 60mls!!
    All in all im fine though i wish my oldest would settle down and sleep through.This morning i was up at 430am.

I'm all upset now. Ashleigh who is usually so quiet has just spent the last hour and half crying louder than I have ever heard her. It put me in tears cause i couldn't seem to settle her, she just seems in pain. She keeps pulling her legs up and grimacing her face. The last couple days she's looked like she's been struggling with wind but its been nothing like now. She's been passing some so i don't know if its that or what. She's sort of settled now, well to what she was she has but every few mins she lets out a little cry. She looks so tired too from all the crying. I just hope she stays settled for a while. I hate seeing her like that, bit of a shock when she is usually so calm and placid!

ETA- Caddie- Glad its nothing serious, still be a bit scary when she does have a choking episode, hopefully tonight you will get some rest. It must be so nice to have her home again.
    Last edited by shellbell3; September 30th, 2006 at 07:55 PM.

Hi girls

Shell - Hows Ashleigh now? Julia does this too, the only thing that calms her down is feeding her again, we have tried everything. walking, bouncing on the fitball, letting her cry, putting her in her bouncer. Shes always like this every night from 5pm - 9pm or earlier until 9pm..I know how you feel shes changed her feeds now to 3hourly and now wants feeds 2 hourly this arvo with no sleep. Maybe its my fault we took her out today and shes overtired.

Caddie - OMG so happy that you have Ruby home, thank god, what a good feeder too!

Nat - sorry I havent had time to ring Helen as Julia has been a handful this arvo, but will call Helen tomorrow morning and let you know.

AnnaT - hello Jett is so cute! he sounds so good too.

Maz - how you doing mate? my boobs hurt like hell...lol, hows Vy going today?

Adele - great to catchup with you today mate.

Anna** - howdy will give you a call tomorrow Julia's been so unsettled now its hard to have a convo on msn LOL

Hello to everyone else! Im so tired now, but waiting to feed Julia very shortly.. then im going to have a snooze when she hopefully does too then we will be up at middnight for her next feed

Bel
    xxx

Forum Name: Little*Princess ( Anna )
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 16 Sept
    Baby's Stats: Weight -4.27 kilos 9 lb 6 / Length -54.5cm Head Circ -37cm
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Alexander Ryan
    Baby's Website: still working it out!
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Went into labour on the 15th however not regular contractions so induced on the 16th and had 2 1/2 hour labour gas and peth for pain releif

Hi !!

Long time reader, very slack poster.. I get on and read most days however every time i go to post the boobie is needed! My little man is a great feeder lasting 4-5 hours round the clock however we have a disco at our house most mornings at around 4am so if anyone want to join come on over, the house is awake! Alexander is in full party mode!

Hows Helen & Eithan?
    Caddie - Glad to hear that you have ruby home..
    AnnaT - great news about your shopping trip, glad that you are home safely with your little man

To everyone else, hello and i think of you all i am just slack at posting !
    xoxo

shell, have you tried giving her cooled boiled water? May help if she has a tummy pain.
    Nina has her 'witching hour' every afternoon from about 5pm through to about 8'ish. During that time she feeds lots, constantly wants cuddles and feeds some more. I just sit on the lounge with no top on and wait for it to be over! Then she goes to sleep.
    Caddie, that's great news that Ruby is home ... hopefully she won't have any more episodes.
    AnnaT - you are so lucky to be able to get into size 8 tops, my big fat boobs won't let me!

little*princess, that's great that alexander lasts 4-5 between feeds, at least it gives you a break

Check birth announcements....pip made it into september baby buddies!!!!!!

YAY PIP!! congratulations on your little boy Samuel!!!

Girls OMG I have to share I just weighed myself and I now weigh 99kgs, first time in over 10 years! always struggled with losing weight! wow does breastfeeding really work for weight loss? wow.
    Last edited by *Belle*; September 30th, 2006 at 09:23 PM.

Yay for Pip! Poor Merrie sitting in the due in group by herself now!

Caddie - Glad to hear that your little girl is back home again. Way too scarey.

I'm jealous of all you girls getting 4 hours between feeds! We're still 2 or so hourly over here... and it's not like he is just snacking either! No wonder he is growing so fast

We just had another feed and again she is really upset crying, looks in pain, I am boiling some water now and will see if she'll take some when it cools, hopefully it will work. I can't deal with this if it is going to happen after every single feed!

I have been trying to post since 12pm, and things just keep happening!!!

Aww Shell, I really hope that boiled water works for you, otherwise is there like a hospital number you can call and ask for advice on?

Awesome that Ruby's home Caddie, and great to hear that it wasn't anything serious!

Man guys, I wish River had his 'witching hour' earlier...although, it's more like 'hours'! I am so conscious of his screaming in the early hours of the morning...if he witched like, at 11am til 2pm, I could be awake and cuddling him, but I just want him to shut up when all the neighbours must be trying to sleep! Although, fair go, he is only 3 days old hey...I'll give him some time to get into a better pattern...

Just gave him some saline nose drops, we were a bit worried that he seemed to have trouble breathing, he seems fine now, which is so nice I actually really should be sleeping in preparation for the chaos to come..

Oh congrats Pip! Now just Merrie to go!!

Hmm...think I feel a bit bladdery-infectionish...sigh. Just had some cranberry juice though, so hopefully that will help, and I had a Ural earlier on too..I'm so sick of being uncomfy, tired I can handle, but the sore and sick and uncomfy just makes me miserable sometimes.

Oh and here are my stats...good on the mod who does this!!

Forum Name: Nelle
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: September 27th
    Baby's Stats: weight 9lb 4oz, length 52cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: River Jude
    Baby's Website: check my profile, if I ever get around to it.
    Health Concerns: often in danger of being thrown out a window...may be addicted to fists.
    Notes: 11hr labour on due date, drug free waterbirth, had 2nd degree tears and during the stitches had gas...which made me feel like I was in a Chemical Brothers song...so cool.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast