Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #3

I have a free maternity bra for a size 14D girl.I hardly have worn,from target.Its cream in colour and quite supportive.PM me with your address if anyone wants it!
    So far a busy day for me.Hubby's bday tommorow so i had to go and buy him a pressie.I got him a drill! We need to get our own stuff instead of borrowing my dads all the time.
    Both girls down for an afternoon sleep.Ruby has been asleep for most of the day,so i wonder what the night will bring.At least i dont have to cook tonight,i love having leftovers from the night before.
    Come on merrie!! Where are you! We are waiting for the group to be complete!

this is in the due in september forum girls

Hi Everyone,

We have just arrived home from the hospital today and we are beginning to settle in to life in our new family.

Harriet Elodie Gohil was born at 10.31 am on Saturday the 30th of September (8 days late) and weighed in at 7 pounds 9 ounces or 3.4kg for the metric. She was 50cm long and has a shock of black hair.

I hope you haven't been too anxious everything went well. I will be back with my labour story shortly.

Cheers Merrie

Congrats again Merrie
    All ourlove to you, dh and Harriet

Oh Caddie - hav eyou recieved anything in the mail yet mate?
    Let me know please cause i sent it registered mail. Glad to hear the girls are giving you a rest

Hi girls,

It's so hard to get in here now.. between bottles, house work, sleeping and just adoring kiara, there is no time left in the day!

We had a visit to the dr's today, Kiara woke up this morning with a yukky gunky eye, I wiped it clean or it to return again, and again, M&CHN thought it was a good idea to see Dr... so off we went, and it's just a blocked tear duct (thank GOD!) so we just have to massage it and clean with Saline... It will hopefully clear up soon... I want to get baby photos done at 4 weeks!

Sorry for no personals... we have a pooey nappy coming right up!!! I will try to get back later to do some... It's so busy around here!

mel and Kiara

YAY Merrie Congratulations and making it still in Sept!!! we are so happy for you on the arrival of your little girl Harriett!!!

GIRLS I HAVE THE BEST NEWS!!! Julia has put on 200g this week! for those who dont know she was under 10% of her birthweight when she left hospital and only gained 130g last week and they were all worried about my feeding her etc, but its working now!! thank god and shes gaining weight! Im so happy we are going to celebrate tonight with a glass of champas The midwife at the Early childhood centre also recommended a counsellor for us if we need it...so we shall see what happens if our communication gets worse then we will see someone..to discuss.

Mel - Julia had gunky eye too - breast milk works too we massaged hers but didnt use saline. I know what you mean by running out of time...

Jodi - thanks so much re it does get easier im sure it will im just getting used to everything, today actually has been so much better!

Shellbell - thanks so much for your advice mate, much appreciated, shes doing so much better today, mum has been with me too which has been a godsend ... we are all happy and relaxed

AnnaT - Jett is gorgeous and congrats on his weight gain!! thats excellent news

Nat - hows your day? thanks so much for the chat yesterday.. I hope all is well with you.

Caddie - how you doing? Wow at Ruby being asleep for most the day, was she in the pram when you went out? Julia loved the pram today, it was great I even got to have lunch she only grizzed when she got cold in the meat section of coles.

Adele - I have finally surfaced and my little girl is so much better, I hope Akira is feeling better too mate and Riley is feeding well too. Big hugs and lets catchup on MSN when we can.

Maz - How is Vy? what you been up to today?

to everyone else I hope you are all well will try and do more personals a little later, time for feeding now.

Bel
    xxx
    Last edited by *Belle*; October 4th, 2006 at 04:53 PM.

skorpy Guest

chrissy & Belle -- Thanks,Kai was still stuffed up lastnight,and 2 days with hardly any sleep and I am starting to sleepwalk.He keeps losing big clumps out of his nose,so its starting to break away thank god.

Belle -- Sounds like you are having tired days too,wow awake all that time.You must be shattered

Jodi-lee -- Blimey,you lucky woman.Sorry about your boobs falling off though LOL.

aboll -- Awww poor thing,have you took your bubs to see a Doctor

shellbell -- Yes He gets really angry when he snorts.And I feel so usless

mel09 -- Hope you sort your bubs eye out,Kai had a little in the left eye the other day,but then because he has a cold,its probably all conected.But babies gets conjunctivitus alot.

CONGRATS MERRIE!!!
    Glad to hear the good news.

way to go merrie

hi ladies!

i really must get around to posting up my birth story cause it was a bloody eventful one!
    haha where does the time go though??

savanna was 10% under her birth weight too on discharge so they would not discharge me till she put on some weight again i was not getting much colostrum at all and my milk had not come in so they put me on a breast feeding plan. breast feed 10mins on each breast (which was damn hard as my nipple were shredded and bleeding) give 15-30mls of formula then express. i did this for a day and a half and every 3 hours and she put on over 100grams so they let me go home finally.

she has continued to put on weight and is doing really well.

anna i dont know how you can type on the computer while breast feeding a 1 week old bubs. i found it such a task to breast feed even with two hands at that stage lol
    your bubs must latch on really well you lucky girl~

xoxo

ambz

ps- YAYYYYYYYYYY MERRIE FINALLY!! CONGRATS~!!!

Hey girls...

Xander has been just such a gorgeous smiley bubba today, makes up for being such a snot as of late! lol.

Bel - Congrats on such a wonderful weight gain for little Julia! See.... you are doing a great job BF'ing her! I've got another appointment for Xander tomorrow seeing as the health nurse forgot about my appointment yesterday... I reckon he's gained a bit (as usual *oink*)

Ambz - I love that pic of Savannah in your ticker! She looks so cheeky. I still haven't got a pic of Xander smiling yet, even though he does smile a lot.

Mel - We had the gunked up eye thing over here as well... I squirted it with breast milk and it cleared up really quickly.
    Merrie.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I still haven't done my labour story and I was the first to pop! oops... still, not much really to tell from me (didnt know I was in labour, turns out I was, lots of pain so I asked for bourbon and a knife which they wouldn't give me so settled for gas instead, next thing you know... baby in a very short time!) LOL, look forward to hearing yours.

AnnaT - Jett sounds like he is going great guns... yay!

Jodi - Your little Nina sounds like an absolute gem, sleeping through already you lucky duck.

Caddie - Good luck with the drill shopping.. what sort did you get? I lurve power tools!

hi all

hope all are well.. no time for personals tonight.. will try for tomorrow! So busy !

Alexanders Baptism is on the 15th october and i am frantic trying to get everything done!

Congrats to Merrie!!!

Yay congrats to Merrie and welcome Harriet! What a fab name, so cool

Ambz - Um he isnt actually that fantastic a latcher-on-erer lol We still have issue with him being too lazy to actually suck properly but slowly we are getting quicker and better at it! I just hold him with my left arm and resting on a pillow on my lap. Its pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

I have a ? about PP bleeding. When is it supposed to stop? I havent had any bleeding since yesterday morning, 1wk PP, is that normal?????

Time for a new thread girls...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678