Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #3

Nelle - Like Mel said, drink Ural (which will help the UTI anyway). I also kept one of those squeezy sauce bottles next to the loo which was filled with water... and squirted that at my tender bits whilst peeing, it diluted the pee and stopped the sting. If you can be bothered doing so, warm water in the bottle is sooo soothing, but cold works fine too.

Hi Mel!!!

Bel - Sorry I missed you on msn again.. hope you are feeling better now.

ShellBell - To administer the water have you tried a dropper? You can get them at the chemist for next to nothing (or they come free with baby panadol or Bruers' products)

Caddie - I love the stuff by Twinkletoes... such a gorgeous memory to have. Ruby's new pics are gorgeous.

AnnaT - Did you get my email yet? Maybe check your junk folder as I sent it from my other email addy.. not the hotmail one.

BBL for more personals.. this has taken nearly half an hour to type!

Trust me girls, I am already on the Ural!

River is driving me nuts...I have done 4 or 5 feeds since 9pm...
    Am a bit frustrated, because some of that is my fault, for a while he wasn't latching on properly and I wasn't paying attention, so he probably wasn't getting filled properly, but surely by now...
    Rans made me come to bed, cos I was just getting depressed, so I am listening to him fuss for 5mins then settle, then fuss again, then settle...etc. Sigh.
    Probably by now he has a dirty nappy or something...SIGH.

Well, I need to go to the toilet, and then perhaps I'll try and sleep through the noise?
    I have no idea what I'm going to do...so frustrating hey. Hope everyone else's nights are going better!

hey girls,

im up feeding riley and trying to keep up with you all lol. im finding it hard cause i dont have much timein the day to get on only at 3am ahhh well ill just get on here at that time each night and try to catch up with everything.

well im off to bed riley has finished his bottle.

night

adele

Nelle, Nina does the cluster feeding thing at night as well, has from day one. From around 4 weeks of age she started feeding full on for about 4-5 hours at night, and my boobs were getting really big, then all of a sudden at 5 weeks she was only waking once a night for a feed.
    I think the cluster feeding is them building up your milk supply so when they're a little older they can sleep through the night.
    I know it's hard having to just sit there and feed, feed, feed, but I'm constantly telling myself that one day she'll sleep through and I'll get enough sleep ... well here's hoping anyway

morning girls

well Caitlyn only seems to sleep in my arms in our bed of a night time, that means i actually get sleep, but as soon as i put her in the bassinette, she is straight up, im only averaging 1 hour a night when i opt for the bassinette, so im a cranky ***** come first thing of a morning, i only let her sleep with us when craig doesnt work, so for the next 5 nights its no sleep for me again.

jodi thanks for that advice re: feeding, caityn seems to feed, feed, feed all night, my milk is well and truley in, but im glad all this feeding is actually doing something, and in a few weeks she will settle.

welcome mel

by the way i love everyone baby pics, we all certainly had a great set of good looking babies in the sept 06 thread.......

i am trying to upload my pics of caitlyn, but my files are to big, and i need a simple crash coarse on how to mimise my pictures so i can add it to my ticker, or maybe i will create a web address, for my pics, i am a bit of a dumb arse at the moment.........so if anyone can help me out about down sizing let me know

hi to everyone, hope you all have a great day.

Chrissy depending on what programs you've got ... with mine I do into the picture right click and select Import into Photoshop Album, or I have another program called Batch Image Resizer which I downloaded from the net (using the trial version) and I can resize images that way.
    I know exactly what you mean when you put Caitlyn down in her bassinette and she won't sleep. At the beginning of the night, when Nina is tired, I'll put her in her cot and she'll just scream & scream & scream! Will only settle if I pick her up. But the funny thing is she'll go to sleep there any other time of day or in the middle of the night, only carries on at the beginnig of the night??

anyone heard from Merrie, has she popped yet?

Morning all,

Ashleigh still is getting lots of wind pain but not taking so long to pass it now, still needs help though. New thing now is she has a vomit after every feed. Is this normal?

Anna- thanks for that idea i will have to get Df to pick up a dropper from the chemist after work today, I was wondering what else i could use to get some water into her.

chrissy- i had same prob trying to work out my pics. I have kodak workshop and I went into the help part about resizing and found it there, so maybe check the help part in whatever program you have.

Nelle- i hope River settles down for you soon. When my milk came in ashleigh was feeding every 2 to 2.5 hours first few days then sort of settled bit more. With the stitches took me about week and half before I could sit down without the pain.

Well my little munchkin is on bottle and she wanted feeding every 2.5hrs last night and at 4am wouldnt settle unless i held her.She is now awake since 6am and not wanting sleep or bassinet.I have put her in a swing and thats helped whilst i feed my other DD and myself! Sounds like all our bubs are doing the same thing so it must be normal.
    Ruby is actually more settled than millana was so i hope it means she will be a more contented little thing.Millana is a little turkey that never is quiet and wants everything!
    Well they say the first 6 weeks are the most unsettled and once through that it should be better! Lets hope.

Morning girls. Hope everyone is well and happy.
    Had a really good night (no egg throwing please). We feed Vyolett at 8.30 last night and she slept until almost 3am. then she went back to sleep after her feed until 7. I think we're starting to find our feet a bit. thank god. She's drinking between 125ml to 150ml in one feed. LIttle guts she is. Ive started getting period pain again (sorry for tmi) so im hoping my body will get back into normality again.
    Im off to vaccy and clean a bit. Nikolaus' first day back at school so its nice and quiet.YAY!
    Oh welcome MEl and sorry for lack of personals, we've just gotten so big
    xxmaz

maz, that's great that Vyolett is sleeping so long. Funny how that is Nina's exact same routine ... bed at 8.30, wake at 3am, then again at 7'ish!!

Morning girls,

Well Julia poor little thing is still covered in her hormonal pimples she is feeding well and now feeding every 3 hours usually at 3am, 6am, 9am, 12noon, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, 12middnight etc.. but she never settles at 9am - 12noon or from 6pm - middnight sigh.

DH is in grumpy mood today everything is too much for him, he must be hungover bad from the NRL grandfinal.

Hope everyone is well sorry for no personals im not feeling the best.

Bel
    xxx

morning girls,

had a good night riley only woke up once for at feed at 2am and then was back in bed by 3.30am. And Akira even slept a whole night Yay first time in months. well i have nothing to do i have cleaned the house bathed both kids and done the washing.

who is still left to pop??

well im going for a walk ill be back later

Adele

Dont worry belle,mu DH found it all too much after the footy on sat when he had a couple too much too drink. He doesnt deal with stressful situations and was bemoaning the fact he had no sleep,he hadnt gotten over the birth and looking after millana,his work piling up and then ruby in hospital. I had had enough as he was swearing and basically told him to get out of the house and go cool down.Does he think i have had it easy.He didnt even have to deal with ruby choking and sorting her out at the hospital.He went to work.
    Millana woke last night when the baby cried and the only way to get her to nod back off is with a drink of milk so at the moment it feels like i have to babies!
    But i am still happy,and coping.

Nelle – try the salt baths too… it will get better soon! With the Ural I was having two sachets three to four times a day… took a few days to work – GL

Chrissy – OH I HEAR YA!!! Kiara is the same… she is clockwork during the day but at night… that’s a whole other story…. She is two hourly if in her bassinette and 4-5 hourly in with us….. I so don’t want to get her used to co-sleeping so every night we try her in her room… I am going to put a worn top of mine in there tonight to see if that helps, and give her a bottle top up before I go to bed!

Well I only just got out of bed… DH was home early and took Kiara so I went back to sleep!!! Feel pretty damn good atm… let’s see in a few hours!

Have a good day all!

Mel - I felt good until I finished vaccuming. Now I feel like Ive been hit over the head with a baseball bat. frigen headaches!
    Caddie and Belle - group hug, thats all im saying. Why do the men think we do nothing. They stress out and get so dame $hitty over a day or two and we struggle on with no-one (bar us girls) to help each other. Family is a waste of time - they don't want to hear, they think everything is cute and funny. Oh I get so annoyed when they laugh at things that $hit me. AHHHHHHH1 Big hugs and kisses to you both. Caddie I take my hat off to you hon after all the drama's yourve had in the last 2 months. Your a dam strong woman now can you rub off on me please .
    Belle - put a radio in Julia's room, that way you dont hear her crying straight away and DH wont jump up to her all the time. Jed does it and it drvies me spare. ON weekends my nerves are shot cause Jed's fussing over her all the time then on monday and tuesday when daddy's back at work, im there with a baby that wants me to hold her all the time. I don't think so! She screamed for 10 mins and i just pumped up the stereo. I checked on her and she was sound asleep.
    Jodi - lucky I didn't have your phone number I would have called you at 3am. heheheh. It takes me about an hour to go back to sleep.
    Has anyone heard from Merrie? Did she have a contact at all...oh its killing me to know how she is.
    Helen - I know you read but dont post so I just wanted to let you know we're all thinking of you babe. Hope everything is going alright and your coping.
    Im going to go and do a bit of scrapping now. Have to start Vyoletts albulm, I have almost 200 pics already. Oh and I feel so weird getting pink stuff. I swore she wasn't going to be a pink girl, but she is! opps!
    take care chickens
    xxmaz

oh nelle - I should send ya some frost fruits...heheheh maybe they would 'sooth' the situatuion.

Well it seems out little Paige is a daytime sleeper and a nighttime waker. After having up to 4 hour sleeps during the day, we were back to 2 hourly wakings during the night. That's ok thow, as I know she will set the pace and I am more than happy for her to take the lead in her little life.

We are finding the nightime bath is unsettling her for 'bedtime'...so today we bathed her after her 10am feed....she settled and crashed. We may introduce the nighttime bath routine when she is a little older and keep it as a back up if she ever needs settling at night and nothing else is working.

Hope u r all well....I still dont know how you all find the time to type so much pluz personals

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast