Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #3

hi girls well I fed Julia at 8am must have put her nappy on 1/2 asleep she weed all over my triangle pillow LOL now she hasnt settled at all, I have put her in her rocker and sung to her bouncing on the fitball, the poor chicken needs some sleep..oh well only 2 hours until her next feed, I think I will just feed her earlier.

Goodluck at the CHN Anna. Will call you later this arvo to see how you go on.

Caddie - the weather is crap here too and muggy ughh my excema looks horrible, Mumma and baby both have spots! LOL

Bel
    xxx

Weather is crappy up NOR too Caddie!

and the weather is crappy in the middle! well we had a crap afternoon yesterday, ainsleigh was so overtired but would not go to sleep. she had terrible tummy pains and vomits. everytime she fell asleep she would wake up ten minutes later. finally at about 10pm i took her in to bed for a cuddle... i left the light on as i can't sleep with a light on... and she woke me up at 4.30am still asleep in my arms. she has just woken up again now at 8.45 as soon as i get on here! of course i was hoping to be out early today... always the way. we are going to the paed today to see if there is anything he can recommend for her vomiting.

i did not know that about helen... thinking of you and eithan. xxx

hello to everyone else, better go and get a bottle ready for the munchkin

Weather is so nice here..sorry girls.
    Hm curry sounds yummy, might have to get my slow cooker out now CAddie.
    Bel - great to see your getting the hang of things.PMSL at peeing all over the pillow. Vyolett did a humunges poo all over daddy.
    Anna - good luck today.
    have to go, Vy is awake and i have to entertain her. She started smiling on sunday and I cant get enough of it.
    xxmaz

morning girls

i am using cloth nappies, good old flats, my god when caitlyn poo's it certainly makes a huge mess, but i have a husband that gets off on rinsing them before they go into soak.......yes i know how weird........so i keep all the dirty ones for him.

i just got rid of my parents, they invited themselves here for 3 days, mind you i got rid of my kids for the school holidays on the weekend.......then my parents arrived.....we had planned on having 2 weeks by ourseves with caitlyn, now craigs brother and family are coming up this weekend to have a holiday for a week............SO MUCH FOR OUR PEACEFUL 2 WEEKS!!!

i better go i can smell sh*t and she is screaming

sorry for lack of personals, have a great day girls

Hi all,

Things aren't going too badly here, we're lucky Ashleigh has her unsettled time in evening and slept well overnight. Df and I just took turns to settle her when she got upset and i think i gave quite a few comfort feeds then finally by 8:30 she settled, fed at 10:00 then slept til 1:40 then didn't wake again til 5:40 so got some decent sleep in.

As for routines, i don't really have one, I just make sure at night I only put the night light on don't talk to her or anything just change nappy and feed her then in the day chat to her make noises etc so she knows nighttime is for sleep and daytime for play.
    I find though after play she has difficulty settling, I usually have to feed her again and then let her cry little bit to settle.

As for birth control i don't want to go back on the pill cause it makes me so nauseated for 2 months and considering we didn't have sex that often it wasn't worth it. i told Df the best way is to not have any sex. I said after that labour I don't want to get preg again. I suppose when time comes we will use condoms but I can't see that far down the track yet.

About sides for BFing. I only ever use one side, Ashleigh on average spends about 20 mins and I check the boob to see if its empty or she's just had enough and I always express something so i know she hasn't completely emptied that side.

i just found my contact list, and i had merries contact as vicky........but we havent heard from vicki for a few months.......so that could be why we havent heard anything!

as for the contraception question, craig informed me yesterday that he is using the withdraw method, i just laughed at him, looked at Caitlyn and told him that what we used last time, and look at what we produced........hehehe. so he will have to think a bit more about that one.

better go and shower!!

Girls, I cant believe you are already talking about doing the deed. Got to say hasnt crossed DH's mind much and after last nights issue about our relationship Im not real keen.

Hi Girls,
    Just got home this morning and my little boy is just gorgeous. So very glad that I scraped into September, I really didn't think I was going to make it. I had a very quick and relatively easy water birth which I was hoping to do and I highly recommend it for being more gentle on your bits. I've hardly got any pain at all except for the dreaded afterpains.

Samuel is doing well. He is adjusting to my milk coming in at the moment but is feeding well and pretty much just sleeps between feeds. Early days yet I know.

Will try to catch up on all the posts and do some personals soon. I hope we hear from Merrie soon.

Hi Pip, welcome home.

I am SOOOOO tired! DH and I stayed up watching Poseidon until 11:30 and then Zain woke up @ 1:30 and then 3:30 and then the garbage truck came at 5:30 and woke all my kids up!!!! I feel so drowsy.\

Maz, congrats on Vy smiling. Zain STILL has'nt smiled except when he's sleeping. And I'm working so hard for it, too, lol! Whenever DH or anyone plays with him, I say " don't you dare make him smile! That first one is MINE!!" OMG, it has to be soon!

Hi All
    Welcome home Pip.. Your labour sounds great cant wait to ready your birth story.

today is DH last day on holidays before he goes back to work. i cant belive that he has had 2 weeks annual leave! Its gone so quickly..

Anyway, better go and enjoy our last day together..

xoxo to all

Welcome back Pip!!! Welcome Samuel!!! great to see you and sounds like you had an excellent birth

Welcome home er back to us Pip and Samuel.
    Bel as for the sex thing, Jed and I couldn't wait :eek: .Yeah we did for two weeks after we had Vy Sorry for TMI. heheheheh
    Nat - Zain's smiling in his sleep cause he knows he's mummies little man. I opened the car door and Vyolett looked right at me, I said hello Boo (our nick name for her) and she just started grinning. My heart just melted .
    Best be off to paint
    xxmaz

Welcome back pip and samuel,the water birth does sound lovely but no more babies for me!
    I havnt thought about the deed either! Too tired and too scared it will hurt! Same issues as last time.Be prepare to use lube girls as your bits down there change for a while! Makes the job easier. It will take me a while to feel like it as i have 2 babies that want my attention.Hubby is stuffed himself anyway!
    Gotta go Ruby is ready to cry and wake up DD from her sleep.

Just wondering girls how much awake time all your bubs have in the day. Ashleigh seems to just catnap most of the day, usually has one good solid sleep of a couple hours otherwise its just 20-30 min naps here and there. And after awake time she is hard to settle to sleep she always needs 5-10 mins on the boob to help her settle, even then as soon as her head touches the bassinet her eyes jump open and i have to pat her to sleep. I look for tired signs to get in at the right time but sometimes I wonder if I'm putting her down when she's not tired or keeping her up when she is. Its all so hard to know what she wants!

Shell, Julia is awake today from 12noon - 3pm and then also doesnt sleep from 4 - 10pm either so thats 9 hours per day of awake time after feeds. I top her up when she doesnt sleep when she crys really hard for 30mins or so. I cant take it any longer. If she is happy and not crying and not looking for breast I will let her play. Oh and I look for the tired signs too but whatever I do it doesnt work so I just have to cuddle her or bounce her on the fitball in my arms to get her to sleep if she wants sleep otherwise she will not sleep...
    Last edited by *Belle*; October 3rd, 2006 at 03:35 PM.

Belle my little girl is like julia. She would have awake times that go for 3-4hrs!! I thought that new borns were meant to sleep! Otherwise though she will then sleep 3.5 hrs.No longer though.She knows when its food time.
    According to tresillian or ngala,babies sleep an average 9hrs at night and 7hrs in the day. And then at 4 months 10hrs at night and 5 during the day. These are interrupted by feeds. They also say they sleep from20min-5hrs.Most bubs sleep between 1 to 3hrs. However 1 of those sleeps in a 24hr period may be up to 6hrs. Hope it helps but all bubs are different.

hi ladies!!!!!!!!

im still here just been really busy!

savanna is beautiful. she sleeps for 3-4 hours then wakes for a feed and so on.
    the only time i have trouble is her midnight feed and 3am ish feeds.. she just doesnt wanna go back to sleep! so im up for a bit trying to get her to sleep. her eyes are wide awake with no signs of closing heheehe.
    lucky for me mum has been staying with us at nights to help me out but she goes back to work next week

im trying to b/f during the day and have to give formula at night as im still not gettin enough milk. she has gotten used to the bottle and will not latch on so i have to use a nipple shield and even with that she sometimes gives trouble. its pretty stressful but im hanging in there. id love to fully b/f but my milk supply is not enough and it doesnt help when you get pressured from others to b/f ! grrr

hope you and all your gorgeous bubbys are well!

xoxoxo luv ambz

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast