Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #3

My bubba is much more awake at night! Rans kept him awake today for a bit, just playing and bathing him, but he's been asleep for about 4 hours now...

Ooh typing like a bandit, I can hear him starting to cry!!

Anna, the cloth is still part time, Rans put the BumGenius on him today and it was SOO cute, and fit him really well, might have to get some more of those! Flannel was a disaster, but that was cos I had trouble pinning it after folding it down, his cord fell off last night though, so it might be easier now!

Got Coby (birth support/student midwife) coming tomorrow which will be nice, and also the community nurse, so looks like a big day.

Oh...found out that DH is starting work at 8 instead of 6:30 tomorrow, which means he'll be home after 4...was really looking fwd to him being home by 2:30 now the day will seem so much longer..

Better go and cry with my baby. Hope everyone's doing well, hopefully I'll grab a moment later and be more cheery xo

Hi girls, well Julia hasnt slept since 12 and its now 6, just gave her a 10min feed on the boob and she fell asleep, I hope she can sleep for a while now so she gets some rest the poor chicken. Im exausted too - hugs to everyone

Bel
    xxx

Well my little munchkin has been asleep since lunchtime only waking for a feed so this will mean not much sleep for me tonight! Bugger
    Belle,go rest whilst you can!!!
    Hello ambz! What a cute photo of your babe.
    Nelle,believe it or not but i have found something like a frosty fruit here in perth now and im not preggers

Hi girls, some of you are sounding a bit down and i just wanted to say that it does get easier. As they start to become more aware of their surroundings they will occupy themselves with learning about their environment. I remember with my first daughter feeling that she'd be hanging off my boob forever, lol.

skorpy Guest

Thanks guys

Better night lastnight,but he is so bunged up,got his first cold
    so he is unable to breath properly.took him to the Doctors yesterday and I cant do anything for him because hes only just over 2 weeks old. So I have to sit and watch my poor little mite struggle to breath,so you can imagine what its like when hes drinking his milk. I feel so useless

Skorpy, can you run the hot water in the bathroom with all the doors and windows shut, turn the water off then take him in there. Apparently the steam is really good for decogestion. Just check with your GP, but it will get things moving so he can breathe, the poor little thing.

Lol Caddie, I get all resentful when I see River sleeping so peacefully in the daytime! Because I'm so scared it'll make him feral at night! Ah well.

Thanks for the encouragement Nat, no matter how prepared you try to be, nothing prepares you for how draining a baby is!! It's nice to know it gets easier.

Oh and Caddie, eat them frosty fruits up, I still am!! And if Dh tries to come home without a frozen coke tomorrow..well, he's not coming in!

Any word on Merrie? Surely someone has her email address or number?

Hey, another question What on earth do you girls do during feeds? I get so bored!! Do you read, or watch tv, or talk with someone?

Well..that's me for now, really hope everyone has a great night with their babies! xo

skorpy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rayla72 View Post
    Skorpy, can you run the hot water in the bathroom with all the doors and windows shut, turn the water off then take him in there. Apparently the steam is really good for decogestion. Just check with your GP, but it will get things moving so he can breathe, the poor little thing.
    Came back from the Doctors earlier today and then just came on to read this,and you have said the exactly the same thing as what the Doctor advised me.

I will give it a go,she also gave me some nose drops,but it is just sterilized water,see how that gos.

morning girls

well caitlyn actually sleep in her bassinette last night for 3 hours.......yeh.......thats a first so i got a bit of lovin with DH ........hehehe.

nelle, i usually feed her watching tv, but daytime telly, and late night time, always sends me to sleep, cause its just crap im sitting watching, but sometimes i sit on the computer and read posts while she feeds.

im going down to pick up my cot thats at mums today, im hoping she might sleep in that as i have one of those music, come flashing lights mobile and she loves it when i change her bum, it settles her so much, so i hope it works on the side of the cot.

ambz, i just love savannas pic, she looks so cheeky...........

skorpy, i hope your bubba feels better real soon.

i will get around to personals soon, i just dont have the time at the moment

hugs to everyone, im thinking of you all, and hoping your babies behave for you and let everyone get some sleep

OMG I have had the worst day yesterday, I thought she would settle at 6pm but nooooooo she was awake from 12 midday to 10.30pm last night, how on earth was she not tired? is this normal? I was at my wits end.. Thankfully after an 11pm feed she finally fell asleep and didnt wake up til 5.30am this morning, do you think this is going to be like this every day? I hope she will settle now I have just put her in her cot.. We are going to the childhood centre this morning to get her weighed and I will ask them a few questions today. Last week breastfeeding was much better this week its crap again she wont open her mouth enough to latch on all the time..Ive tried everything sigh.

Skorpy - so sorry to hear that your little Kai is sick. I hope he feels better soon.

Bel
    xxx

OMG ... Please don't hit me girls, but Nina slept through the night YAY!!!!!! She was cluster feeding like you wouldn't believe last night for about 5 hours and I thought my boobs were going to fall off. Then finally went to sleep at 9.30 and woke up at 6am, fed then back to sleep!

belle - Nina went through a 'growth spurt' at 3 weeks and I thought I was going to die ... no sleep, fussing lots at the boob, cranky and crying lots etc etc. Then when she stopped she started waking only once a night and was awake almost the whole day. It does get easier!!

hey girls,

i feel like crap. never got any sleep monday night cause i was up with akira who has an ear infection again. im glad simon was home he took riley so i could just take care of akira.

last night was alright had some sleep but still feels like it wasnt enough as i have a bad headache.

sounds like everyone is doing ok.

well im off to do the bottle and have a shower while they are both asleep.

seeya

Adele

Ambah well done on your weight gain sweetie!! Charli it's great to see then putting on weight isn't it. I've been trying to get a photo of Nina smiling for ages now and she won't do it! She always looks so stunned when you take her photo.

Adele, hope you have a better day today. I hate headaches.

Hi girls,

I can't get a photo of Ashleigh smiling either, she only smiles when we are up close to her face talking to her. Its so beautiful, she's been doing it since day 3 and I can't say its wind cause she does it everytime someone smiles and talks up close to her.

Adele- hugs to you. Hope you get some rest, must be hard to have a newborn and a sick child to care for.

jodi_lee- Nina sounds like such a good girl! I hope Ashleigh starts to spread her sleeps out further, I have to remember she is only 2 weeks old so hopefully in a couple more weeks.

*Belle*- Hugs to you Belle, you poor thing, you'd think she'd be exhausted being up all those hours! When she's up does she seem settled or is she grizzling alot? I hope you get some tips from your MCHN. Just keep telling yourself things will eventually get easier although sometimes it feels like it never will.

chrissy- I hope caitlyn settles nicely in her cot for you. Sounds like she just loves her mummy and wants to be near you!

skorpy- i hope your little ones nose clears up soon, poor little guy must be so frustrating for him trying to sleep and feed.

Nelle- I get totally bored in feeds, glad its not just me cause I was wondering if it was a bad thing and thinking shouldn't I be enjoying this time? In the day I watch tv or read and at night I rest my eyes and nearly doze off or watch the clock thinking she should be finished soon and I can go back to sleep!

Hope everyone else is doing well. I see we still haven't heard from Merrie, she has dissapeared from the face of the earth! Hopefully she's had her bub and we will hear from her when she's out of hospital.

hi girls,
    ainsleigh had her appt with the paed yesterday morning. was a bit of a disaster as it was absolutley pouring with rain and there was no parking... not fun with a four week old baby! he has put her on thickened formula and if that does not work in a week then he has given me a script. she also has a slightly herniated bellybutton, but nothing to worry about. she has put on weight, and now weighs 4.45kg...yay! hopefully the formula will help with the constant vomitting.

i am off down south tomorrow to be a bm at my friends wedding... hopefully ainsleigh will be an angel as DH is at the mine and so i am going it alone! wish me luck!!!

hey girls,
    i finally had an hours rest feel better for it my headache is gone for now. akira seems a bit better after her nap this morning.

shellbell- riley was smiling then too. we have gotten photos of him doing it aswell. he seems to only smile when akira is hugging him.

rikki - that would have been crappy with no parks and rain. thats good she is putting on weight. and i hope that formula works for her.

well im off to hang out another load of washing.

bbl

adele

Typing one handed due to Mr Monkey being on the boob so apologies for shoddy spelling lol

We had 4.5hrs sleep in a row last night YAY! Fed him at 11:30, fell asleep at midnight and he didnt wake again til 4:30am! He ruined it by waking ever 2 hours after that though but hopefully its going to be a trend to sleep 4hrs at a time. I dont feel so shattered today.
    Went and had him weighed at the hospy seeing as the CHN hasnt gotten around to calling me back the silly woman. He is up 185gs, was 2830g at discharge (-130g from birthweight) now he is 3015gs So the breastfeeding is working and I feel much better about sticking with it.

Anyone else's bub smiling lots? I used to think it was wind but he does it when I do some specific things and I think we even got a laugh out of him this morning????? Am I just imagining my super genius baby or is it possible

AnnaT- i think they're smiling. As I said earlier Ashleigh always smiles when you talk up close to her. She smiles at most people. She hasn't laughed yet but sometimes it looks like she wants to.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast