Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #30

hey Laurin,
    with solids, I breastfeed Nina first, then offer some solids. I initially started giving her about 2 tablespoons, but now I just follow her lead. She has a huge appetite.

Quote Originally Posted by shellbell3 View Post

Rach75- Hope you start feeling better. Whats wrong? Flu? Gastro? Hope nothing too serious.

just the flu but knocked me for 6 thats for sure, had to go to dr yesterday for blood test results and he gave me some anti-bi's he said I looked shocking actually felt a bit better yesterday

well having kidney scan tomorrow wish me luck all is fine, bloods came back AOK there was one level that was high meaning I have inflammation somewhere all proteins etc were fine, my iron is still way low but that is too be excpected

ok best go, Jase gone to work today so hopefully jack will be as good as he has the last few days

Well we had a terrible nigth last night.. probably the worst since Jess was a week old! He went down at 8pm, then woke crying at 10.30pm, 11.30pm, 12.30am, 1.30am, 2.30am, 5.10am and then 6.50am! He wouldnt settle during his wake ups unless i gave him his dummy. Could this be teething? Surprisingly i dont feel any more tired than usual, but will see as the day goes on.

With the night sleeping, yeh i put him in a sleeping bag first then he gets his bottle before i kinda rock or nurse him to sleep. He knows the routine of getting the sleeping bag on then he gets a bottle etc. Might try and start putting him in bed after his bottle with your soft toy idea Shellbell. During the day he has to have a blanket or sheet to cuddle before he falls asleep. Just i dont want to be doing this when hes a year old!

Laurin.. with the solids.. Jesse only started last Saturday on Rice Cereal and are going to start Veges this weekend.. will start with a teaspoon and see what he thinks and then increase to 2 tablespoons.. i found alot of good info on the Heinz for Baby website on what to do.

Shellbell.. mmmm honey mustard baked chicken sounds yummo! How do you make it? We had marinated chicken wings last nice.. mmm the were goooooood!

Went on an Ant Rampage last night.. theyre driving me burko now.. im finding them on Jesse's mat and i dont like that.. theyre mostly in our ensuit so put some Ant Rid down in there... anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of them bar sprays being Jess is starting to move around now?

Ok gotta go.. Jess is trying to eat his play mat.

xx

kel, your night sounds a lot like mine!! Nina was asleep at 6.00, woke at 9.30, 11.30, 2.30, 4.30 (was up until 6 with this one) then woke again at 6.40 (thanks to our noisy neighbours). I am absolutely stuffed!!! Thank god I'm not working today.
    As for the ants we have the same problem, they're taking over the place!

rach - hope you recover soon.

Sorry to those with bad nights but I have to brag ours are improving (touch wood). Ash slept from her dreamfeed at 10:30 til 3:40! I don't think shes done 5 hours straight for a very long time.

As for the ant prob my parents rave obout that powder stuff you sprinkle outside that stops them coming in but no good sugeestions about what to do that they are laready inside. We get ****roaches instaed.

Kell- The chicken just had melted butter mixed with honey, dijon mustard and small amount curry powder and salt then I just mixed the chicken through it, poured onto baking dish and in oven for about hour. So easy.

Rach75- Hope the scan goes alright, your not having a good time health wise! Hopefully whatever the prob is easily fixed.

I better go wash last nights dishes now before it gets too hot to be over a hot sink.

hey girls,

its a hotty here today 38 and 40 over the weekend ahhh i feel like crap when its hot.

hope all you girls that had a bad night get some rest today.

Well ill be back later going to do some washing and get that out of the way before it gets to hot.

Later

Adele

Kellxx/ Jodi - We had a horror night here too. Xander woke at midnight last night, after being put to bed at 7.30pm and waking at 830 and 930pm; only to wake at midnight and refuse to sleep until 4.15am. I'm stuffed today.

Kellxx - Try putting regular flour down around the window sills or wherever they are coming in, they can't walk through the flour.

hi girls,
    well, ains is having a massive sleep (sorry to those girls that had a bad night...) think it is cause she is not well. hope she is back to my gorgeous girl soon. ok, it took me half an hour to read through everything and now i can't remember who said what... but i'll try

ants - we have the same problem... it's driving me nuts.... ours were coming in from behind the dishwasher so i sprayed in there with a spray wiht a long nozzle thingo but now they have found another way in. hate them.. but i'd hate ****roaches more shell!

julia - sorry to hear about your lift escapade. i know it's easier said than done, but perhaps go and sit in a park and relax.... i don't know much about panicking, so i guess i'm not much help. glad your mum was on the phone to talk you through it.

maz - you sure are wonder woman with all your scrapping, sewing, knitting and raising four kids (jed included )

annat - i love the name tshirts... but don't think anyone could fit ainsleigh across a kid's tshirt...

anna** - drop the maggot off to me and get yourself some rest today!

caddie - where are you??

adele, nessa, those complaining about hot weather, we're having a coolish change here... wonder how long it will last....

thanks for all your well wishes for the princess.... hope she is feeling better this morning once she wakes. have a good day all

Im here! I just down as i lost my daughters dorothy the dinosaur doll since shes had since she was around 1.It was a little grotty but her fav and i loved it when she gave it cuddles and treated it like her baby.I only realised last night it was missing.I went for a walk yesterday afternoon to my local shops.Half way their millana was upset as she was passing out from sleep so i had to make her as comfortable as possible with a nappybag as pillow and me holding it under her head and pushing the pram.I turned around and came home.Last night when i discovered it gone i chucked the major spaz and demanded aaron move his car for me to find it.I couldnt see her so aaon then went for a walk to retrace the steps.Its gone.Millana knows the differnece and would still prefer the old one to the replacement and all last night i was stressing about poor dorothy and who picked her up and why? Why couldnt they stick it on someones letterbox for us to find.Im ****ed and upset. Another ****ty event.Sorry.

Caddie why not post a few posters around the area, maybe some good samaritan will see the poster and return it

well have decided to dye my hair to see if it makes me feel better weird I know but you never know if I wash these greys away I might feel like myself again was supposed to go to a farewell last night, well we gave it a miss due to me being sick and Jase staying home to care for jack and me, we have another one tonight which we are goign to as this one is a good mate so I best do the panadol and sleep thng today to get going for tonight, have told jase if he wants to stay on a party he can jack and I will come home and I am happy to come get him when he is ready thank you god for giving me a easy child

then we have a 2 hr drive tomorrow for scan sunday is rest day, then jase is off for a work course monday arvie and wont be back till wed nite, first time apart since jack was born, he is depressed about it was going to go with him but work has put them up in a hotel rather than a motel

anyway must go eat and wash this dye out, hopefully it will cover the greys this time

Default Still not feeling the best :(

Hi girls,

This morning honestly is not any better for me, last night I was consumed with depression of that I hate my life and so sick of feeling unsupported by DH. This morning we had an argument he told me he wants more alone time on the weekend he felt last weekend he didnt get any but I did which was total crap just because he decided to stay indoors for his alone time instead of going out as such while I looked after Julia doesnt mean he didnt get any time. Im so upset with him right now...thank god im seeing the psycologist today she can help me with the feelings of depression.

On a good note Julia has learnt how to limbo, she limo'ed off the bouncer this morning! I was washing my hands and she cryed and I saw her sitting on the ground!

Maz - thank you for your post mate means a lot to me.

Anna - thanks for your SMSs mate, I will give you a call this arvo, big hugs to you.

Shell - thanks for your post re sunshine Im hoping some will come my way later today to brighten me up!

Jodi - hi mate thanks for listening and thinking of me.

Helen - hi mate how you doing.. hows Eithan, thanks for thinking of me.

Caddie - Im thinking of you mate, sorry havent called, not in a good place right now and dont want to bring you down further but promise when I feel a little better will call you...

Rikki - thanks mate, I hope Ainsleigh is feeling better today.

Kell - thanks mate...

Kell & Chrissy - not this monday coming but next Monday I just realised I cant do cause my car is being serviced so can it be the week after that? sorry mates.

Some asehole keeps calling my home number and hanging up on me, im so not happy about it sooooo annoying.

anna** - drop the maggot off to me and get yourself some rest today!
    Don't joke, I might take you up on that one day!

Aww caddie.. that sux.. so getting another one wouldnt help would it? Do you have any pics of it? Maybe do what Rach said and offer a $10 reward or something?

Nessa.. aww poor you and Annika.. damn teeth! Has she got anything to chew? I found wet washers out of the fridge great for Jesse as the teethers are all too big for his mouth.

Rikki.. how Ains is feeling better today.

Jodi/Anna**.. they mustve been up telepathically partying with each other!!

Shellbell... mmmm that sounds good.. might have to give that a whirl sometime!

Adele... oh what a yucky day.. try and stay cool if you can!

Rach.. hope youre feeling better today.
    i so need to dye my hair too.. the dark roots have come through something shocking! Though you cant tell much as i wear it up 24/7 at least.

Jess is being a good lil camper bouncing on his bouncer at the back sliding doors just looking outside.
    Gotta go put the washing on the line.

Ciao
    xx

*Belle*- Hugs sweety, I really wish I could do something to make you feel better. I wouldn't mind giving that DH of yours a slap! When do you get a break?! He shouldn't complain when your the one looking after julia 24/ 7!

caddie- As Rach suggested maybe put up some posters, i know I've seen a few at parks in my area looking for teddies and things. maybe you could tell Millana that dorothy has gone to help out a little girl who is lonely or something like that to make her feel better?

Put Ash down for her sleep this morning and for a change she didn't scream it sounded like she was having fun, then when i went to check on her she'd turned all the way around in her cot so her feet were where her head should have been! I couldn't help but laugh.

Adele- I'm with you I really hate this hot weather. Adelaide always seems to be couple degrees warmer then us. It just takes away the little amount of energy i had to begin with!

FIL goes in to get his results at 2pm and Df is stressed cause he thinks that cause they called them to come in to get them then it must be bad news. But i thought in this case they'd call them in either way cause the best results still mean major surgery and chemo so they'd want to discuss all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellxx View Post
    Jodi/Anna**.. they mustve been up telepathically partying with each other!!
    well they could at least do it during the day when I'm awake!!
    Nina is super unsettled today, I think it's her teeth. She was playing with a catalogue earlier and she got the corner in her mouth, and started screaming. I reckon more teeth are on there way. She's been screaming non-stop since 7.30, which is not like her at all. I ended driving over to mums so mum could play with her and I rest for an hour. I'm home again and just given her some panadol and I think she might be asleep, she's in her cot and she's not whinging Fingers crossed she has a long sleep.

ETA: nope not sleeping, just talking to her mobile. At least she's content.

You can add my sourpuss to the sleep group! I fed him then put him down at 12. He cried but I just kept putting his dummy in and eventually he fell asleep. Hopefully he'll stay that way for awhile so I can relax and maybe do some more housework. I dont really care today, I just want to sleep Im so tired and cranky.

Well Jess wouldnt sleep today during his day sleep either! Has been that way the past few days. He usually goes down around 11am and sleeps til about 1pmish.. but not today or yesterday or the day before that. Am wondering now if i should move his day sleep to after his 1.30pm feed and just let him nap in between. After his bottle today at 1.30pm he was zonked and has been in bed since (yay). So it may be a goer.

Shellbell.. im praying for ya mate.. hope the results are good ones.

I feel like crap.. gonna go veg.
    Last edited by ShootingStar; February 16th, 2007 at 01:11 PM. Reason: cos i forgot something!

He is still asleep, thats 2 whole hours YAY I knew I needed to get tough, he was obviously so tired!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast