Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #31

Well my Fil had his appt last night with oncologist. The plan is to do chemo in the hope to shrink the cancer and prolong life, won't be a cure. He'll go thru chemo on and off over 9 weeks then they'll see if its helping, if so they'll do another 9 weeks on and off then monitor him every month to see if its growing again.
    So I guess he'll just keep doing the chemo til he's had enough or its not working anymore. I mean he'll have to take into consideration quality of life cause if he ends up having chemo too often he can't really enjoy what time he has then. I guess it all depends on how aggressive the cancer is, hopefully it will be slow growing and give him time to do all the things he wants to do.

Kell- We'll have to make sure our bubs spend as much time as they can with there grandpas. My Df is upset cause he wants ashleigh to be able to remember her grandpa after he is gone. How has your FIL taken the news? I think mine is trying to stay positive and just focus on enjoying however long he has, its so hard to know, could be months, could be years.

We had another good night, I don't want to speak too soon but her sleeping at night has improved. Just these day sleeps have made no improvement but we have our appt on the 1st march.

shell - Wishing FIL good luck with the chemo. Chemo isn't a nice thing to go through, but hopefully it'll help.

We had a relatively good night here. Nina went to sleep at 6.45, waking only twice for quick feeds, then woke at 6.30. I think it's the antiobiotics helping to settle her. Her cold and rattly chest is still there, so hopefully it won't take long to get her better.

Morning..

Shell.. oh it sux doesnt it.. lets hope they last for a long time anyways. Not sure how he's taken it all, havent seen him yet, but knowing him, he is a super strong minded person (use to be a Senior Sargent in the police force) so he'll probably just do what needs to be done. DH isnt one to go into details but ill ask him more when i see him. I really hope they can stop it or something, he really looks out for Jess and me.. just dont even want to think of the worst.

Glad everyone had a semi good night.. Jess self settled again last night (after a little while of complaining though), woke at 5.30am then 7am. Had another migrain this morning so have cancelled our outing with my friend.. was really looking forward to it to. Wish i knew what was causing them.. im wearing glasses on the computer so thats not it i dont think.. who knows.

Ok gonna go rest some.

Have a lovely day peoples..

xx

Such sad news hear at the moment, I really feel for the girls whose families are suffering illness right now. I've got everything crossed that we hear of some recoveries someday soon.

Same old, same old over here... but I just had to share (TMI warning!) that Xander did his first nugget poo this morning - was so much easier to clean up, it just fell into the loo instead of having to scrape it in! I knew there had to be at least one good side to him starting to poo every day or so (he used to poo once a fortnight or so).

Omg Anna once a fortnight! It must've been a huge explosion! The longest Ash didn't go for was 2 days abd that was bad enough!

Kell- Hopefully for your Fil its just in the lungs and hasn't spread elsewhere so maybe they can get rid of it? Maybe the chemo will shrink it down small enough to operate and remove? Hopefully there will be someting they can do.

Jodi glad to hear that nina had a better night AB's usually kick in pretty quick. I'm dreading when Ash gets sick for first time!

HAPPY 6 MONTHS NINA

I didn't even realise, mum told me!

anna - I know what you mean, it just pretty much sits in the nappy and hardly any mess to clean up! Heath freacked out when he saw it last week and thought there was something wrong with her

hi ya girls
    Kell - so sorry to hear about your FIL. seems the month for it (cancer it is) my SIL who just had her first baby in december has to have a cancerious thyrod removed at the end of the month, then she has to have radio cheropy afterwards. She's been BF her baby and will have to stop cause of the treatment. I wish I lived closer to her, she's up in Newcastle.
    Caddie - recieved my package today, it was like christmas. thank yo uso much.
    Hello everyone else, im sorry to be so slack, have been really sick with a cold and Vy has been giving me curry with it. I have finally gotten her to sleep for the first time in days.
    She screamed all day sat, sun and yesterday. I had enough last night and gave her some panamax for kids. Im so stuffed.
    Anyway hope your all fine and I'll be around a bit more as this little amigo of mine gets better.
    xxmaz

maz - I know EXACTLY how you're feeling!!! Nina screamed for 6 hours straight on Friday (without a break), I was so tempted to send her express down to you then!!!!

She's a lot more settled since starting her on the antibiotics, every now and then she's a happy baby, but most of the time she just wants mummy to cuddle her. Which is really tiring. No daycare for her tomorrow. It's their policy that bubs can't be sick, which is a good thing, so I'm stuck at home all week looking after a grizzly sick baby. It's pouring with rain (yet again) here, so sleeping weather. Nina's already had a 1.5 hour sleep this morning, and she'll have another bigger sleep hopefully after lunch. She's too sick to want to play so lately she's just been sitting in her bouncer or laying under her playmat, until she decides it's cuddles time.

not much to say today Jack and I had a good nite, didn't get too nervous, even did the washing and hung it out over nite, Jase doesn't like me to do that as he thinks the moths get to clothes overnight *whatver* so my secret had it all off by 9am this morning

Jack went down at normal time 7.40pm, but woke at 5.30am *yawn* he was all snuffly and coughing so changed him and went back to bed with him, he had a feed at 6am and we dozed on and off till 8.40am

ended up giving him some panadol he just wasn't himself a little wingy and stuff, we had CHN this morning and Jack is now officially 8.1kg gaining on average 170grm a week now was averaging 210grm but still on the upper side of good so no need to worry about him being a small eater (formula only) also went to checmist and got some fess fo rlittle noses, and some stuff for his ankles he has a little excmaish rash in the creases, so checmits gave us some stuff and when it clears to try to be very vigilant with drying it real well

anyway he is down for nap so that is where I shall head for a little one

so one nite down 2 to go till Jase comes home

Whoa these babies getting older...crikey! El Nino is getting older!

River's asleep (yay) poor little guy, I woke him up after he'd just got to sleep before mother's group!

Good on you Rach, find things to do, go out shopping or whatever you can find to keep you busy, and hopefully that will help the time to fly!

Hope everyone's doing well! And I was just thinking, Ambz, where are you girl?

HAPPY 6 MONTHS EL NINA!

I got the cutest photo of Ainsleigh and Xander today... I've uploaded to my homepage.

Happy six months Nina... geez they are all growing so fast. That is a cute photo Anna.... it was a cuddle honest, not a stranglehold!!!!

that it such a cute pic!

Well I'm starting to get sick now. Got a sore throat and a cold. This is all I need. Nina has just woken from a 3 hour sleep, plus she had a 1.5 hour sleep this morning. She's in a very happy mood but still sick.

Hi all.
    Just got back from mother's group, few of the girls are going back or have gone back to work so its getting bit more tricky with the meet-ups.

Xander & Ainsleigh pic is gorgeous, hmmm I think I can see a future marriage lol!

Happy 6 months Nina! Hope you are getting better.

Maz, i hope Vy is being a good girl for you, i know how hard it is when they constantly scream plus its harder for you having another 2 kids to look after. hugs to you, hope things improve.

Feeling very tired cause I walked to mums group today, half hour brisk walk but its quite humid, I'm exhausted.

happy 6 mth nina.

well im not doing the nappy hunt anymore lol im not happy with it lol.

maz- hope vy is being a sweety for you today. do you know what is wrong with her??? riley had a day of it on saturday cause it was hot. got up to 42.5 outside so i would hate to see how hot it was inside lol.

well im off sil and bil are here they are staying the night so i can give them a hand with there baby thanks to simon. i guess he doesnt think i do enough grrr

hi ya girls
    thanks for thinking of me
    Pooh head is teething and I think the heat was just getting to her. She finally slept for 3 hours today (11 until 2) so I took my phone of the hook and crashed out aswell.
    Anna and RIkki - what a fantastic pic guys, Im so jealous. Its great that some of us meet up.
    Shell - are you still going to go and to the sleep school or do you think Ashleigh is alright now?
    Adele - kickef Sinon's arsef!
    Ah im going before Jed cracks it.
    xxmaz

Hi girls,glad vy had a sleep for you maz.
    Me,all have colds and i have ruby's appointment at princess margaret hospy tommorow.Hopefully the surgeon says no op so fingers crossed hey.
    Okay,thats it for me.Reading the posts but just being abit MIA at the moment.
    Hi belle,helen.
    Glad your meetup was great anna and rikki.

Jodi - hope Nina is on the up and up and that you havn't come down with her cold!

Maz - hope Vy's teeth aren't giving her too much grief.

I am sitting at the puter eating my dinner, just had word from DH that he has found us somewhere to live in Johannesburg so we will be moving there next Thursday - which means major packing up for me - but we will only be there for six months and then back to Melbourne - YAY!! So I may not be on BB much over the next few days. We better have internet access at this new place!!

Hugs
    Laurin

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast