Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #5

hi ladies...typing one handed here, had a shocking night with Paige.

Welcome to all the new mums and bubs!!!

For those mums who breastfeed - is anyone elses baby puking up as much milk as what Paige is after a feed?? I am at the point where I don't think I should offer her the 2nd breast as she is obviously getting too much on the first one. aaaargh...this is so hard this breastfeeding business.
    Then I have the worry of 'Is she still hungry?" cos she has puked up so much milk.

Yeah Riv has started to puke a little bit, but it's not much...

Sorry, hard for me to concentrate, gonna borrow your word girls, River is being a TURD to the max! His crying sounds like when bathwater goes down the drain...I am currently ignoring him, he's in his cradle, I just changed ANOTHER nappy, he is spitting out his dummy...perhaps he's hungry again...he couldn't have been when the crying started, but he probably is by now
    And at this moment, I couldn't care less if it's comfort booby, I just need peace
    I put him in his cradle cos I was so frustrated I punched the change table (I have a sore arm from trying to keep his legs still during a very pooey change)...think that's as good a sign as any that I needed some time out

Well. I've had an anzac biccie, and that bathwater noise has returned, so I might chuck him on the boob and see if that helps...can't believe I used to dread nights, now I'm looking fwd to it and hoping that it will be like last night!! Ciao girls xo

Hi Girls,

Got another breast fed bubba here. Samuel is doing pretty well. I'm getting 5 and 6 hour stints out of him at night time and 3 hours during the day sometimes longer. We had a bit of an unsettled day yesterday where he didn't want to stay asleep and kept waking up wanting to be rocked back to sleep. Today he's much better and is currently fast asleep after his bath and massage with baby oil (because he was overcooked he is shedding lots of skin).

Chrissy - I wouldn't worry too much about Paige chucking up after every feed. Both my DD, Kaitlyn and DS, Jamie also used to chuck after every feed and I often wondered whether they were losing their whole feed but it didn't seem to worry them and they continued to put on weight and be healthy. Samuel has had a couple of major power chucks so far but I don't think he is going to be as bad as the other two.

Adele - I think I have a little piggy in the making too. Samuel put on 310g in his first week and now weighs 4.1kg. I'm having him weighed again at the clinic on Thursday and
    I'm sure he's going to have put heaps more again.

AnnaT - That's great that you have a date and are finally moving. It must be a big relief.

Welcome to the new girls. Sorry for all those that I've missed but i'm finding it hard to keep up. By the time I read all the posts I've usually got one of the three children calling for something. Hopefully next week when Kaitlyn goes back to pre-school I'll have a little more time on my hands.

well Caitlyn has been very unsettled these last couple of days, she has wind pain, im sure, you know when they pull up there legs as though they have tummy pain, but all she wants is boob, so that makes her pain worse, and she has started with this horrible painful cry, but in saying all that i just tried her on her tummy on the floor right next to me and she is now sound asleep on the lounge room floor! im thinking now that she will be more settled on her tummy slepping.......but not sure......all my other kids we were told they have to sleep on there sides, due to an increase riisk of sids, now years later they sleep on there backs.....which was a big no no, with my kids years ago, but i remember when you used to sleep babies on there tummys..........what do you girls think? any other bubs out there more settled on there tummys?

Nelle - sounds like im having the same day as you. Julia was crying and crying before I was ignoring her, changed her nappy twice and have now rocked her to sleep hoping she sleeps more than 5mins, im absolutely exausted.

Hello to everyone sorry for no more personals I need some sleep on the sofa right now.

Bel
    xxx

just had to read through 2 pages!!
    Nina is breastfed, although still a tiny bub. she takes about 100-120ml every 3hours.
    chrissy - when Nina has wind pains she likes to be on her tummy. She'll occassionally fall asleep on her tummy during 'tummy time'. My mum can't believe tummy sleeping is a big no no.

trying to type one handed, not working, so better go and give her some attention
    bbl with more personals

BF here aswell.. So far so good anyways!

Better go and get dinner ready or the troops will be yeling at me for dinner ( well DH anyway! )

wow pip samuel isnt far off with his weight he is alm,ost as heavy as riley. Riley is 4.32kgs.

how heavy was samuel when he was born???

Riley is a bottle baby as he didnt like the boob very much he got crappy everytime so i put him on the bottle when i got home and he is much happier.

belle - hope you feel better soon and hope julia settles for you tonight. if you ever want to talk you can give me a call. or get on msn which ever is better for you.

well i better go and find something for tea,

Adele

chrissy- i occasionally leave Ash to sleep on her tummy but I only do it in the day and if I'm in the room with her cause i worry cause of the whole sids thing and them saying to put them on their backs to sleep.

ChrissyT- Ash is always having a puke sometimes during feed or after or sometimes way after a feed. It never seems to bother her she just goes righht back to feeding or sometimes she will seem unsettled have a puke and be all settled. I think its okay cause shes putting on weight. i do think sometimes she makes herself sick by over eating when she wants comfort feeds.

Nelle- sounds like your having a bad day. Hugs to you. I had a day like that last friday and couldn't wait to go to bed and start the next day all new. Hopefully he'll settle down for you soon. Sometimes you just need to leave them for your own sanity when everything you do just doesn't seem good enuff to them. Hope he has settled now for you.

Well the CHN visit went well today, the lady was lovely and said we were good parents
    Weighed bub and he has gained (I think the scale said 3210g?) so the breastfeeding is still working! Just discussed any health concerns, went over the post natal depression signs, discussed what to do when we move, talked about tummy time and stimulation. Anyone already doing tummy time with bubs?
    Then we went shopping to get piccies printed for the birth announcements and naughty me bought some tops from Supre............
    Mama-Dog only ended up having 8 pups thankgod. 8 is a managable #, 11 was just way to much last time. We have 2 boys and 6 girls. Theyre so cute but Im so glad I dont have to rear them like last time as Mama-Dog is doing a fab job on her own.

Nelle - hope River settles for you. I cant say I know the feeling because Im super lucky, Jett rarely cries or is unsettled. I think they go through a stage at about 2-6wks old where they are more alert but really not fully functioning to amuse themselves and so get bored and unsettled.

Hi guys, hopefully I will get some personals right, I am going by memory so sorry if I have misplaced the names.

AnnaT-Yah on having everything with the army sorted out. Hope that the puppies continue to thrive. Sounds like you are doing a great job with Jett.

Nelle-Thank-you so much for the little jacket, I can finally put it on Eithan albeit with the sleeves rolled up.

Anna-Sorry to hear that you didnt get to get the ultrasound done, what a bummer and how frustrating. I hope thurs goes well for you.

Belle-Hi, I hope that Julia gets more settled for you soon. I still havent posted you the gift yet, sorry, slackarse me, but 1 of the items is a music for dreaming cd. It helped settle Bella, I will hopefully have it in the mail tommorrow so that you can have it soon. I hope that it works for you.

Maz-Hiya, hope things are going well.

Caddie-Your avatar is still preg! Hope Rubie is doing well.

Rikki-Glad to hear that all went well with the trip and that Ainsleigh slept really well, bonus!

I know I have missed a few of you, sorry.

Ok Eithan is a BF baby. His weights- 3434gm birth, day 4 3004gm, day 6, 3158gm, 2weeks 3170gm (eek we were a bit worried), 3 weeks 3380gm, 6 weeks 3900gm. He is now nearly 8 weeks old and I will be getting him weighed again this week or early next week.
    My clicky thumb is now coming out of joint. According to the dr it is due to the relaxin hormone from pregnancy which is still hanging around due to BF. So I have to get a special splint made to help while I am BF and I hope to do this for 6-8mths so we'll see how we go.

Love

helen.p - that's great that Eithan is putting on weight now, even if it's small amounts.

AnnaT - I just love puppies, what breed of dog do you have? I've been doing tummy time with Nina for a couple of weeks. Not really sure how long you should be doing it for. I just do it until she gets cranky then roll her over.

Well we had an eventful day. After meeting my mum for lunch we went shopping and I bought her some books and a nightime CD ... suppose to help soothe them at night, Dunno if it will work though. She's now sitting up in her pram looking around. I'm trying to get her to sleep ATM, haven't heard her for about 5 min so she might be sleeping

Jodi - we have two pure bred labradors. Mama is a chocolate lab and Papa is a golden lab. The pups are a super dark brown/black though.

mummymeegs Guest

Hi Guys,

It looks like this little group is getting quite large!! I hope you dont mind another new September mum and Bub joining in??

Little Tobias was born four weeks early on the 15th of September at 2.7kgs. He is a pretty good baby but we do have our moments.

I look forward to chatting with you all (nice to see some of my October belly buddies are already here!!) and hopefully sharing your stories.

Chat soon!

Hi Ladies

I have another September baby - Rylee Erin - born 5 September. She is great during the day but between 5 pm and 9 pm it's another story - yep, the witching hour - anyone else's bubs going through this?

Laurin

Thanks Jodi-Lee.

AnnaT- Chockie Labs how cute!

Welcome Megan and Laurin

Love

aaaaaaaaw AnnaT - Labbies!! Do you have piccies???

well Jack has decided 3 hour feeds over night is the way to go *yawn* I gotta start sleeping during the day when he does LOL

also he is up another 100grm *yay* so now 3900 grms so hoefully he will be back to his birth weight at CHN appoint next week

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast