Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #5

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Just popping in here to say a huge congrats to Megan (mummymeegs) You popped into my head a little earlier and I was a little concerned as I hadn't seen you around for a while. So I did a little investigating and found that you had posted in here. So big congrats to you on Tobias and I'm so glad that you and he as ok.

Anna T - totally sympathise with you!!! Bl**dy DH's - mine went out last night - with a couple of workmates, got home at midnight proceeded to spend all night vomiting - totally self inflicted and now has been asleep all day - so kept me awake all night in amongst getting up to feed Rylee - not happy ( I should add that this is a very rare occasion, BUT STILL....I look forward to the weekends when he is home and can give me a hand with Rylee even just to cuddle her when she is having a whinge so I can get some chores done) - enough said!! Hugs to you!!

Hi to all the September girls - better go Miss R is waking up!

Laurin

mummymeegs Guest

Thank you so much Bec... and also thank you for your support and wonderful advice!!! Oh and for listening to me whinge!!

I have been wanting to get in here and try to post... but as all of you guys know it is hard to get a chance sometimes!! I am making a habit of lurking around at 2am!!!

Anna T - nice to catch up with you in here!! Please do not say that you are a bad mum... even in jest!! You are obviously doing a wonderful job and have Jett's best interests at heart. You just keep doing what you think is best. You know your little man better than anyone... just trust yourself that you are making the right decisions!!

i have noticed that you guys are also experiencing the daily cranky sessions... Toby has these too... but he goes completely mental. I have a feeling that he is over tired.. but he just goes nuts!!! Arching back, sleeping soundly for 2 minutes and then waking suddenly for no reason. Is everyone elses experience of the witching hour (or hours!) like this?? Although I have found for some reason he needs to have these little moments or he tends not to sleep through.

I will have to go back and read up n everyones little bubbas.. but they all look gorgeous!! i am looking forward to getting to know them and their Mummies!! Chat soon!!

Megan, Nina is a terror for the witching hours!!! She's been slowly getting better with it. Happens from 5pm to 9pm. We've now changed our routine a little and she seems to like it better, but she still has her moments. I find that sometimes she does need to just get it off her chest, and I let her cry. After about 5-10min I'll pick her up and she'll be content. I've learnt the meaning of patience with her!
    This is our routine at night:
    5pm - walk
    6pm - feed (with formula) ... seems to settle her better at night
    6:30 - bath (she's now in the big bath with either mummy or daddy)
    7:30/8'ish - feed (breastmilk ... just a top up)
    BED!!!!! when I put her to bed, I have to leave the nightlight on and the musical mobile on low, she'll watch it for about 15min, then I go in and turn it all off and she goes to sleep.

I know this doesn't work for everyone, but it does for me. Nina seems to like a bit of routine at night (just like her mother!).

Yeah - my ticket updated.. Plesae see Alexander in his gown .. totally asleep during the whole ceremony!

he's gorgeous little*princess, looks just like a doll!!

Happy 1 month birthday Alexander, Ashleigh & Tobias

Good morning girls
    AnnaT - can yo wait until your over here to Kill DH - we might all help you (lol) and get some of our post baby anger out on him. And I agree, dont go thinking your a bad mum. $hit, I should be hung up from my chicken tonights if that's the case! As Iv told Bell - got with your gut only you know Jett and what he wants.
    Little P - Alexander looks like an angel. OH I want a baby boy now........ NO I DONT! Anyhow hope the day went well.
    We wont be christening or giving Vyolett a naming day. We want our children to make those choices themselves. Jed is from a big catholic family and although i from a big family, we were given our own choices. Nikolaus goes to a catholic school and has said that he'd like to baptised. We said he can be as soon as he can tell us what it means to be. I just want my kids to be happy in things that involve them. We cope a lot of slack from Jed's family about it and i know we're going to end up in a 'situation' at his brothers 400 head Catholic wedding on the 30th of December. Jed's uncle is marrying them as he's apriet and gives me the cold shoulder all the time. I might just have to give him a big sloppy kiss if he starts this time.
    Have both boys home today so its veg out time. Have a lovely headache but I think its from all the wind we're having here at the moment.
    Hello to everyone else, sorry for being slack tart but I love's you all.
    xxxmaz

Love that pic maz!

Thanks Jodi but I love yours - how trendy is she
    Have got some pics on new web site.
    Have a sticky at the site above my ticker so just click on it and it will take you straight there.

Hi all,
    Ashleigh has already started playing up and its only 10:45!
    She woke earlier than usual (6am) had a feed, didn't want to go back to sleep so brought her into bed with me for a play then when she got tired that was it. she has been carrying on all morning, only having really short naps wanting all these feeds and then stopping after 5-10 mins of feeding!

As for christenings I'm planning on getting Ash done. Just not sure how to go about organising one. Never been a church goer but do have belief. I plan to go through Anglican church cause thats where I was done.

hey,

i have to say i feel like crap have had this headache for a week now. i think it is from the lack of sleep. wish simon got up and down for riley on the weekend.

belle - i will be home from 1 pm today have to go to the drs for a check up. riley isnt sleepy very well cause he has a blocked nose the poor thing. and akira is just being akira lol.

well im outta here got bath them both before going out.

seeya

adele

adele, hope you're feeling better soon. Headaches are the pits aren't they.

Just had a look at everyones websites and they are all so gorgeous!! Have a good day all

Maz! great photos,love the captions you put with them.You should be a comedian!
    My hubby was a pain in the arse too on the weekend.He worked sat. morning and then went to the races.Came home later than i thought but it wasnt his fault but then the next day was spewing all morning.I was annoyed as it is the only time to spend together and do constructive things.He was meant to paint a shelf and didnt,and put together a toybox.Grrr
    I am so tired,ruby had me up from 2-4am.I had to put her in a swing as when i put her down she cried.All i could hear was her regurging so i will have to mention that to the paeds dr on thurs.
    I will also have to ring the drs and get her needles done.Bit hard to do this with out a car!!! So hope i get one this week.

Morning girls!

A naming ceremony's a nice idea Anna, I love picnics!
    I think at my church they do a 'dedication' which is really informal, the parents go up the front sometime during a Sunday morning service, someone (usually the pastor) prays for the bubba and the parents, the parents promise to try and parent how they think God would want them to, and then the pastor asks the church if they will support the parents as they bring up their child and everyone yells yes. The end.
    So yeah, I suppose we'll get around to doing that (our pastor will probably remind us, him and his wife are in love with River, they came around with presents and a heap of pre-cooked food after we was born - yum) but it's not really any choice that River makes, it's more about us as parents than what a 3 week old baby believes
    If we had a ceremony about what River believes in and values, then it wouldn't be a dedication, it'd be a booby ceremony of some sort!!

I tried to do that feed play sleep thing with him...he skipped the play stage...I tried to wake him, but he wouldn't even wake to spew - now that's some serious sleep.
    He slept for a 5 hr block, had a feed and then slept another 5 hours - wowee.

Shell and Megan, Riv was really unsettled early last night too, and I decided to read his 2week old info, and read that babies can sleep badly if they're overstimulated, and things that can overstimulate them can include too much eye contact! Cos they have to concentrate for it. And too much noise. And I spent a bit of time playing with the boy yesterday, as did Rans and my mum and dad, and then we had him in his rocker while we played noisy xbox...so perhaps we overstimulated him. Could Ashleigh & Toby have been overstimulated somehow? I thought it was that, or perhaps a bit of a growth spurt, since he was feeding more often...
    How hard is this sometimes? Just trying to guess what is going on with them..

Maz, lol at the big sloppy kiss for Jed's uncle! And owwwww at being hung from your chicken tonight, I winced when I read that! Owwww.

Ah girls, it's difficult with our lovely hubbies isn't it Would have liked to catch up on some more washing this past weekend...ah well, I'll just ask him if he will help today...better not whinge til I've asked him hey. I've learned to play xbox while feeding, I reckon that's pretty skilled of me though I have to keep checking that he's still feeding. Feeds are going much better now I'm remembering not to get too distracted and not let him be a lazy feeder - whoops.

AnnaT - what everyone else said. I'm sure you take great care of Jett, just do what keeps him alive and helps you stay sane.

Anna - lol, sometimes I think that my Dh's life hasn't changed at all either! But I'm sure it has, just not as dramatically as mine. Rans points out to me that this is the first job I've had that I can't put off - I can call in sick to work, or do the washing another day, but if the boy needs a feed, he needs it NOW (or he'll wail like a banshee). I really think that's what I find the most demanding, that I'm on call 24/7.

Wowee, this is looking like one of my mega-posts and I haven't even personalled to many people!

Hope Ruby's regurgitating isn't anything to worry about Caddie, I've taken to calling River 'spewy'! Actually, I call him anything that has a y on the end...kicky, snorty...or chump. Hopefully he'll catch on to what his real name is by the time he hits kinder...

Alright, well I might just check in on the boy and then have a shower! Lucky I have nice new pyjamas, I spend enough time in them!! xo

merrie Guest

HI everyone just checking in to see how you all are

I am doing well and so is Harriet. My mum is visiting at the moment so I have some help now that Raj has gone back to work.

I hope you are all enjoying yourselves. I will be back with more new soon.

Cheers
    Merrie

hi girls,
    well reading all your posts got us thinking about christening ainsleigh. we have decided to try and have her christened while we are in townsville introducing her to sam's family in january as they are the religious ones. only my mum will be disappointed to miss it here and so i rang her and told her. although she understands and thought about coming over she is already putting her two bobs in about having a blessing back here in perth. anyway, that's a whole different story!

ainsleigh was so knackered yesterday (she went to her fourth bday party since she's been born, she's a social butterfly my girl!) that she slept for six hours yesterday afternoon then went back to bed after two hours and slept through again! she was so tired.

we put her cot together yesterday as she is growing so fast. i think i'll start putting her in there for her day sleeps to get her used to it. no other news from us, DH goes back to the mine wed morning so that will be hard... but the time does fly when it is just me and bub... probably as i am so busy and tired!!!

Just wondering with the bubs that are around Nina's age, are they sleeping through at night? Nina was, but now at around 4am for a feed. Don't know if she's going through a growth spurt? That's all she seems to do!!! She used to feed every 3 hours during the day, now it's every 2 hours. I still have plenty of milk, I can easily hand express or pump express.
    She's getting better at putting herself to sleep at night. What I've had to do is put her in the cot with the musical mobile on, and keep the night light on. After about 15 min she'll whinge a little and I'll turn it all off and put the dummy in her mouth and she goes to sleep without a fuss. I think she needs reassurance that the bedroom is a safe place to be in! I've also been putting her in the cot more during the day, so think that helps

Xander is now also sleeping in his own room in his cot... actually he sleeps really well in there so glad we shifted him.
    Jodi_Lee - My piglet likes the boobie every 2 hours during the day (I can express about 90-120mL so that's a lot of milk) and he goes down for the night at about 9pm (after a feed) and wakes usually about 1am and again at about 4.30am during the night. Nina sounds normal to me!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast