Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #6

Hi mummies!

Our form of contraception here is abstinence. Df has low sex drive anyway, used to frustrate me but now I'm not in the mood it works out quite well.

I am going out to lunch today without baby, first time without her. Gonna give her a good feed before i go then i have at least 2 hours I can be away for. Sometimes i think i should express make it easier for when i do want to go off somewhere but i feel I wouldn't have enough for her if I express cause I feel at the moment I just have enough, some feeds she is nearly doing both breasts.

ChrissyT- I hope your new feeding regime works out for you. This whole feeding business is just so tiring. I think its the hardest part at the moment of being a mummy and most worrying too!

*Belle*- what your Gp say? It does sound a bit worrying. I hope julia is alright.

AnnaT- LOL that same for me bout being to tired to even brush my hair. I only do if I'm going out of the house!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Ash is carrying on again, everytime I settle her for a sleep in the day exactly 10 mins later she will be calling out, so settle her again, 10 mins later it is repeated til she finally wears herself out.
    Why do babies fight sleep? I can see she is tired but she even fights to keep her eyes open sometimes!

chrissyT - they say your milk supply settles down around week 6, so that's what your's might be doing. Nina did the same thing around that age at night, she'd show signs of being hungry, and when I'd put her to the breast, she'd fight me, scream & shake her head around. I phoned the ABA for advice, but unfortunately they weren't much help. Have you tried maybe letting her have a little cry, then pick her up after a couple of minutes, then feed. She might be a little more settled?

shell - have fun at lunch. Enjoy the time without her.

belle - how'd everything go at the doctors, hope Julia is ok.

Am I the only one ooops'ing? I went on the mini pill, but it didn't agree with me. I got a really heavy period and period pain. Once I stopped taking it, it all stopped. So at the moment I'm not using anything :eek:

mummymeegs Guest

Shell - Toby does the same thing. Every night without fail... I think he just gets over tired and frustrated. Yesterday he had a solid sleep, about 4 hours, in the day and then woke and would not sleep for more than 10 minutes until about 7:15 last night!! Aaagh!! i was soo exhausted at the end of it all!!

Gosh, i am so jealous of you guys!! DH and I have DTD once!! I was too scared!! Now i have been so tired that it hasnt happened again. But, no contraception for us yet either. Still deciding what to do.. dont want to go on the pill... What is everyone else going to do??

No ooopsying here...and definitely NO PILL! I had been on the pill since before dh and me were together and I totally didn't realise how much it killed my sex drive...not just decreased it, practically killed it :eek: evil pill. So after finally realising this (after almost 2 years of marriage) I took a break of a very enjoyable 2 weeks before umm River happened.
    And I'm not the biggest fan of condoms either...yeah little P, perhaps an IUD is a thought...
    Not scared of having things put up there after having a baby!

Well, River did his 5hrs again last night, followed by 4, and then 3. I think I can cope with that...Can't WAIT til he's sleeping through the night..

And with self settling, (I read that if nothing else is wrong, sometimes the cry is just to relieve tension or something) I have learned to look at the clock, because I would say, oh I'll let him cry for a little while, and then go get him after 2 minutes, because it felt like I'd let him cry for aaages! I've learned that he often settles himself and sleeps after about 10-12 mins. (If he cries for longer than that, he's probably soiled himself from crying anyway )

Hope Julia's all good Belle. And all the best ChrissyT while your boobs sort themselves out!

Hey, where's Chrissy? Lurking? And other people (how loved do you feel now, 'other people' since I mentioned you so personally...you lurkers you)

Can I just say I truly believe baby brain is far more muddled and mushy than pregnancy brain?

Hi girls

Well firstly had the lactation consultant here. She confirmed that my supply is too low for baby. In the morning shes getting enough (90 to 100mls a feed) from the breast but in the arvo my supply drops to 50ml - 60mls per feed even with switch feeding which brings milk on (thats 15mins on each breast then 5mins on each breast). She says its normal for supply to drop in the afternoon/night. So I am now going to top her up twice a day once at lunch with 60ml after b/f and last feed of the day after b/f and hopefully she will gain some weight as she is still the same weight as last week

Saw my GP re the vomiting of brown and other blood she said it would be from my nipples and the excema I have around my nipples, so hopefully the top ups will help so my boobs get a bit of a break and I need to put cream on them after every feed. Also Julia's skin is loose not a good sign she needs to put on the weight ...

Im so tired now. Thanks for your messages girls will come back when I feel better.

Bel
    xxx

just a quicky
    I went to the chemist are Vy isn't $hitting normal - they tend to be a greeny colour and rock hard. So I got a sapositry (SP???) and put it up her sore little bottom (It was gross) but my god, my girl can $hit! I was doing a happy dance in the lounge. A gf of mine said to put brown sugar in witht he formula cause it helps settle their tummies too. She finally slept 4 hours this morning and is now gurgling and gooing on my bed. Thank the lord! Have to go to Nikolaus school for a meeting i'll be back laster for personal.
    Hope your all well and thanks girls for your thoughts..they mean bucket loads.
    xxmaz
    p.s
    We bought condoms yesterday...no mess (fantastic!)

Maz-no mess LOL. I hope Vyolett has a mini poo explosion for you soon and helps clear herself. Poor little thing.

Belle-I hope that the formula helps Julia with her weight. Ouchie boobies you poor thing. I have heard that PCOS can affect BF, low supply not of good substance(milk but no weight gain). There are no conclusive studies though. The MCHN also told me that girls can be harder to feed than boys. Anyway you are doing all the right things you are a good mummy, dont question yourself at all about that.

Well all is very busy here at the moment. We have just had our offer on a 5acre block accepted. So now we have 21days to secure finance. We are having our house valued and have sooo much work to do, we have to finish the bathroom pain the kitchen cupboards fix the yards etc and DH only has 1 1/2 days off to get this all done. eeeeekk.
    I havent had Eithan weighed yet but just looking at him I can see that he has gained weight, he has finally filled his skin out(if that makes sense). I have him and Bella booked in for their immunisations next Tuesday. Dont know if I will be by myself or if DH will have the day off yet. His days off are always scattered and he works most weekends. I will be extremely ****sed off though if he doesnt have christmas eve off. He has voluntered for all the weekends but told them that christmas eve was the only one he couldnt work, so far he is rostered down, not happy, there are heaps of other supervisors who have not been so helpful that could work them. I think DH has been nice enough doing all the weekends for them. Oh well lets just hope he has an early shift if he does and not a 10pm finish. enough of my vent.

Hope you are all well.

Love

Belle im so glad it was nothing seriuos regarding julia and the blood, sorry that u are having a hard time of it,especially when we want to enjoy our babies and not look back on the stressful parts.Im hoping soon your bubs will reach a magical milestone and be the most contented here! Perhaps with the tops up and the weight gain will help settle the poor little mite.Sorry we keep missing each other on msn too.
    Maz,sugar? Dont let her get use to that! Rotting teeth comes to mind later on.Vyolett may need more water? Green stools are normal,its when its pebbles that its not.Is coloxyl drops not working?
    Helenp,hoping hubby doesnt have to work chrissy eve! Its a bugga when that happens,especially when its your little mans first chrissy!
    Chrissyt,hope the formula,boobie stuff works out for you! Good on you for persisting.
    No oopsing here either.Too tired,so is hubby with doing lawns allday.Perhaps when it all settles down.After millana was born i had no sex rive whatsoever and i reckon it was th pill.So im going to try a different one this time.I need contraceptive as it took only one time to get ruby.No more turds for me!

OH CAddie you crack me up - no more turds! IM not going to let her get use to the sugar thing, im just happy that she's atleast sleeping today. We use to put honey on Nikolaus' dummy and I cursed the person who suggested it to me 3 months aftewards. Lucky the little bugger has perfect teeth and hasn't lost one yet. I used coloxyl drops for 2 weeks and it worked to start with but fizzed out? Her poo (when there is some) is like pebbles and smelly. I can tell she's in pain trying to push it out. I will and try and get more water into her. Thanks hon. OH any news on a new car yet? Keep us posted.
    Helen - Vy poohed that much after the hmmm up the hmmmm that her nappy was filled from front to bottom. I never knew pooh called get into so many little...crevases :0 . I wont tell my hubby that yourve just bought 5 acres. He'll be so jealous (as I am) Jed's just started working every 2nd saturday, so there goes my sleep ins!
    Belle - im so happy you finally listened to the little voice in your head..dont stress to much it does get easier. Do what you have to do and stuff what ever (sorry Jeffery) anyone else thinks or says. Their not the one's feeling like their boobs are going through a pasta maker.
    Nelle - im with you mate - I think the baby brain is just shocking. I swear I sit on mine half the time.
    Charli - 7am are you nuts! can you do it another weekend my god woman, if you pull that off Im gonna take my hat of to you. My dad grew up in germany in WW2, im spinning out here on how much we have in common. Twi-light zone..dododododo and no my boys aren't snipped. I wouldn't do it to a girl so I cant justify doing it to a boy.
    Chrissyt - you do what you have to hon. We've all been there and its all a learning curb. Your doing great and never doubt yourself. We're all here for you, dont forget it!
    Shell - can our hubby have a chat to Jed cause the bastard doesn't leave me alone!
    Rikki - did you get the pill yet? im waiting for my AF to start so I can start taking it but Ive heard due to BF that it can take up to 3 months :0 HELP!
    Jodi - re above 'oppsying' we're doing that a little to much. my gf went and go tthe mini pill yesterday cause she' s so paranoyed. She just had her 3rd boy and doesn't want any more.
    Megan - I asked my doctor about what pill I could go on cause I put weight on so easily. Im paying $14 a month for it but I dont care. Its different to the normal pill so it doesn't give you the weight thing. then when Vyolett is 12 months to 18 months Jed going in for the snip. HIs turn for a bit of pain and the bastard wouldn't want to winge about it (the pain that is)
    best be off and do some things while little miss boo sleeps (yay!)
    xxmaz

Hey Maz, just a quick question, what pill name is it you are taking? I have been adv to take dianne-something(sorry cant remember) when I have finished BF as I have PCOS and it is said to help with acne and hair(ugh). But having the pill from late teens is what made me put on weight and I am not keen for any more weight so am curious as to what 1 you are on.

Many Thanks

ps.hope her poo's get better.
    omg Eithan is 2 mths old today!

Love
    Last edited by **Helen**; October 17th, 2006 at 03:18 PM. Reason: just noticed on ticker

$hit Helen - were has the time gone. I cant believe Eithan is 2 months already.
    the pill is called Marvelon 28. There's only one packet in the box so I have to go back and get repeat prescriptions next week.
    Caddie - avatar is still pg...is there something your not telling us just kidding lol
    xxmaz

well nelle, i am still alive.......just, very unsettled little girl here, with a bright red butt, since i put her on bottles, she just wont stop ****ting, theres one there every nappy change im sure, its now 4.10pm and i finally got her to sleep she has been awake, since 9.30am, my eyes are falling out of my head, i even went to the real estate in my pj top today ias i couldnt be bothered to shower as i have had a screaming baby, and the real estate sent us a letter telling us we are late paying rent and water, which i paid last month, so i had to take them a statement of my account to show themn it was paid 4 weeks ago!!
    i have actually managed to cook some spag bol in between screams.

better go got lots to do, hi to everyone, ooohhh i have been doing the dead as well with no protection, but dont they say its ok for the first 6 weeks?

Oh, is it bad if they poo every nappy change? It's poo city in River's bum, he's unstoppable..

Back later for more, we're about to play some xbox in an attempt to ignore whingy in the next room...Oh Rans just went and got him...and River is trying to suck Rans' nose and he thinks it's hilarious...no wonder the poor lad gets so upset

LOL Nelle at River sucking Rans' nose. I have had Eithan try to feed through my cheesecloth top, I figure he must want it strained coz he got some out.

Chrissy-huge hugs. Amolin nappy cream I found great for a red bum as Eithan was having poo's every nappy and it helped massively. Also Anna's Xander was doing the same cant remember the name of her bum cream though. All the best.

Charli-7am!!! goodluck.

Maz-5 acres, I am soo excited, now I just have to hope and pray that our finance goes through in time. Then we have to sell our house, rent while we build a shed house and do fences. Hope poo time is easier for Vyolett.

Well I forgot to mention that on top of BF Eithan I have a baby indian ringneck parrot to feed every 4hrs. The silly mummy bird nested on the ground. She had 2 but 1 went missing, we are presuming rats so the last remaining one got brought inside for hand rearing. It is so ugly its cute, it is only just starting to get fluff now.
    Eithan does not like the bottle at all. I cracked the formula tin after much agonising as he was feeding hrly to 2 hrly and /i needed a rest, but no after many screams I gave him the boob and he was so content. Oh well. Maybe another time,I need a break everynow and again, plus DH was so excited to feed him and it didnt work. He didnt say anything but I think he was a bit heartbroken.

Nat-Havent seen you around I hope everything is ok.
    Jodi-Lee- Eitthan's not sleeping through yet, Nina souns pretty normal to me.

Love

Nelle- Ashleigh always sucks my Df bicep everytime she is unsettled and he goes to get her. At least it gives my boobies a break!

helen, the clomid was to regulate me as I was going anythin gfrom 25-57 day cycles

Jodi another oopsies girl here LOL

well my child is officialy a fatty arbuckle LOL he nows weighs 4340grm he has gained 440grm since last week alone :woo: so definatly getting enough to eat

Thank you so much for those friends who responded to my post, it means a great deal to me as I have been very upset lately. I will be back online when I feel a little better.

rach - great news about Jack's weight gain
    Belle - hope you're feeling better soon. Take care of yourself

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast