Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #6

Rach, that's a MASSIVE weight gain! :eek:

Belle, hope things are looking up for you No matter what happens, your Julia will always love her mummy and think she's the best.

I'm trying to wake River up from his sleep so I can feed him and put him down for the night...he won't wake!! I even tried putting milk on his lips to make him hungry...I just ended up dripping everywhere I might have to use less subtle methods...

Oh Helen, lol at Eithan's strained milk!! And oh my goodness at feeding the parrot too!

I've expressed 130ml (cos I don't know how much River drinks each feed) for Rans to do a night feed since he has tomorrow off...do you reheat breast milk in hot water in the sink?

Going to try wake the boy..

Thanks Nelle and Jodi.

Nelle - I heat it by putting hot water from the tap in a bowl and put the bottle in the bowl and it will heat up to room temp.

Just checked out your photos Belle, she is just gorgeous. I think she looks a bit like you. OMG at the birth ones, you had me all teary.
    Hope you are starting to feel a bit better now.

Love

mummymeegs Guest

Well, here I am... sitting here at an ungodly hour!! We seem to be going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment. Toby seems to think that sleep is highly overrated and will not have a bar of it! He woke from a nap at 4:00pm yesterday and would not settle until just after 9:00pm!! He has just woken for a feed and after filling his belly I am waiting to see if i am going to have a repeat performance!!
    He just wont let me put him down!! Also, problem number two... he will not sleep without this damn pillow that we have... it is one of those boomerang, triangle type pillows. i try to put him down without it... no luck. I take it away when he is sound asleep.. no luck! I am really worried about him sleeping with it but am not sure what else to do!! i am thinking of trying a hammock as he obviously feels more comfortable and secure being snuggled up.... Anyone else using one of these??

Ooohh... think he is asleep! Will be back for personals later... or maybe sooner rather than later if Mr cant get his s*** together! Wish me luck!!

megan i used a hammock with my first bub, many years ago, he was a very unsettled baby, i found it good, but at the same time, he was still a grumble bum in it, i also found, it a bit of a pain as he was a spewy baby and it was always in the machine getting washed, but it was great to rock him to sleep.

Well Miss Nina has is officially a pig!!
    This is how it went last night: 6pm - formula bottle, 7pm - wanted more so I offered breast, she emptied both, 8:30 - wanted more, again, emptied one breast, 1:30am - emptied one breast again, 4:30am - emptied another, 6:30am - and another ... that's 6 feeds in 12 hours.
    Normally she only does 2 or 3 overnight. It must be a growth spurt as I've got plenty of milk and she's very content with plenty of wet nappies. I thought the 6 week growth spurt was hard, this one is very draining. I think I might increase the formula bottle from 120ml to 180ml, it's suggested at 2 months anyway. What do you all think?
    Mum said I was such a pig at this age that I was eating a full weetbix at brekky :eek:

Charli - Nina has less pooey nappies now too, but when she does do one, it's massive. Happy Birthday for tomorrow, I'll try and remember LOL I'll reach that milestone next year

Megan - how'd you go with settling him, did he go to sleep, the naughty little boy!

can you all please give the pooy nappy sindrome to me. She finally did one on her own accord this morning that wasn't hard and didn't look like sheep poo. Ive put her in her cot so I hope she goes to sleep.
    Belle - honey you know we're all here for you when you need us. We're not going anywere. Chin up!
    Chrissy - iv bought a sling of a chicki on ebay so she can be close to me and not scream all bloody day. She's an angle when we go out but if we stay home she just wants me to hold her and is awake nearly all day.
    Oh she's grunting like a wild pig again...
    BBL
    Last edited by maz; October 18th, 2006 at 08:53 AM. Reason: potty brain

hey girls,

i have finally had some sleep i was up for 48 hrs straight with riley he thought it would be good not to sleep at night but sleep during the day. I cant leave akira alone in the day as she cracks up and wont leave me alone to rest. so i had simon home from 12 yesterday to look after her so i could sleep.

riley seem to sleep a bit better last night we have found out that he doesnt like the dark as his night light turned off last night and we had him screaming until we could find some the plug to charge it up.

belle - hope you have a better day today with julia. if you need someone to talk to im home from 1 today. you know where i am if you need me. bel love you website you did.

jodi - lee - your little girl was doing what riley was doing for two day straight. I would be up the bottle she may be looking for more food. I think you might have a early eater on your hands .

mummymegs- have you tried taking the pillow case of the pillow and wrap it around him. he might like the smell of it as it has your smell on it. just a thought for you.

Has anyone in her used depo?? my dr wants to put me on it until simon can have his snip done.

well im off to kindy and playgroup talk to you all later.

Adele

Riley - you're a naughty little boy, day time is play time, night time is SLEEP time!!
    Adele - I've used the depo before and considering it again. I didn't have any side effects on it. The only thing was once I went off it, it took 18 months to ovulate again (I was on it for 2 years). But if you're not planning any more children then that wouldn't be an issue. I know I'm happy to wait 18 months or more until the next.

Vyolett - yay for your poo sweetie!!

What is Depo? please explain
    Adele - we had the same problem is Vyolett and now we have a radion in her room aswell. She just hates being by herself.
    Jodi - what are the side affects on the depo?

Depo (short for Depovera or something) is an injection every 3 months into your butt or thigh. Side effects are: weight gain, hormonal changes (mood swings etc), and most women have no period for the time they are on it. Once you stop receiving the injection, it can take up to 18 months to start ovulating again. I'm sure there are other side effects but can't remember them

Jodi_Lee - I've got the same thing happening over here with Xander! Your night last night sounded a lot like ours 'cept Xander managed to fit in a few more feeds (oink). In the end I just went into the spare guest bed with him, took my top off and let him self feed all night. I didn't realise they had a growth spurt at this time... I thought the next was at 12 weeks!

Maz - Xander doesn't poo much either, but no sheep poo over here! He only goes every 3-4 days (doctor said that is normal) but boy, when he does... yikes can he fill a nappy!

Adele - Xander likes soft lighting at night too, kinda handy as his night light is bright enough I can see to change his nappy at night and don't need to turn on the bright room lights. I bought one that has a sensor built in - it automatically turns on when it's dark and off when it's light. Only cost $10 and is so worth it.

Mummymeegs - Not sure what you could do re the pillow.. the hammock does sound like a good idea, but what age do they outgrow these? I think they are quite exxy, so be terrible if he outgrew it in a month or two. I've got a cuddly baby that hates being put down too, so little gets done these days!

Rach - What a huge weight gain!

Nelle - I use a bottle warmer to heat EBM, but standing the bottle in warm (not hot) water for 30 mins will heat it nicely as well. Just don't microwave EBM as it's not good for it. To wake Xander I always just change his nappy - he hasn't ever slept through that!

ShellBell - Xander will suck DH's bicep too! and his nose, chin, shoulder, neck. LOL

Belle - Chin up hon... always here if you need to chat. Was good to talk to you yesterday.

Can't remember who asked, but I used Gaia Soothing Lotion on Xander's bum when it was a bit red a few weeks ago - worked really well. Actually I still put a tiny smear on now at most changes and we haven't had a problem since.

I dunno what we are gonna do for contraceptive, at the moment I aint getting none so it isn't an issue! I was on implanon prior to ttc, but hormonal birth control just doesn't seem to agree with me and I hate condoms. Mind you, it took 3 years and then clomid to fall pg, so I can only assume I have crappy ferility... not risking it tho!

Rach-Ugh you poor thing I can so relate to you re irregular periods. Glad that the clomid worked for you. It was 3rd cycle lucky for us with Eithan. We had been trying for 2yrs 21mths without clomid. So OB told us to come back if unsuccessful after 6mths and to get more clomid. Although more children is not on the cards at the moment. Great weight gain for Jack.

Charli-Happy birthday for tomorrow. Yep Eithan's poo's have slowed down now too. He builds em up now.

Adele-Not good that you have had no sleep. Little Riley will sort himself out soon though, I have my fingers crossed for you. I'm lucky Bella is 4 and lets me have a lay down if I need to.

Maz-You always make me laugh with your straightforwad manner, grunting like a pig, hillarious but soo right.

Jodi-Lee-I have given up trying to figure out Eithan's eating habits. Sometimes he eats like a pig and then he calms down. I think he's trying to build up my supply at times with all the constant feeding, because usually for a day after these episodes he doesnt do it as much but then will start up again. Goodluck.'

Megan-Sorry I dont know what could help re the pillow issue. Maybe like Adele said wrap Toby in the pillow case. All the best it cant be easy having had this happen.

Well Eithan is starting to stir. Better go.

Love

ok I am not the best at personals LOL but here goes

Megan have you tried swaddling Tobias, Jack will go down during the day unswaddled but at night he will not sleep unless swaddled like they did in hospital

Helen, Jack was our miracle in many ways, we had one ectopic natural, one s/b @ 21 weeks natural, a missed m/c 3rd cycle clomid, a m/c 10 weeks 3rd cycle clomid 2nd round, and Jack was 2nd cycle clomid 3rd round, it took us a year to fall with ectopic then 3cycles to fall with Katy and it was 15 cycles before we tried clomid first time we had 3 cycle break between 1st and 2nd round, and 1 cycle between 2nd and 3rd round, my RE said to becareful because it was likely I could fall naturally, but TMI I did notice I am ovualting *woo* so no nookies for us this week

Belle, :hugs: I dont know your story but I hope all is ok

hi to everyone else

well I have to say I had the best night ever, after a week of 3 hourly feeds over night, my little man is now officially a placid baby again LOL, he fed at midday yesterday byt he time we got home it was nearly 2pm he slept till 4pm, wasn't hungry so we had some naked belly time to heal his red bum, then had a bath at 5.15pm had 120ml at 5.50pm then another 60ml at 7pm, he went down around 8pm and didn't wake again :eek: till 12.30am had 100ml, went back to bed by 1am didn't wake till 4.30am another 100ml, and didn't wake till 9.30am where he had another 100ml and is now quietly laying down under activity thing to give him something to look at, just checked him and looks like he is struggling to stay awake, now if he keeps this routine this will be one happy mumma

Rach - glad to hear your little man has settled again... fingers crossed mine does soon!

Helen - How's Eithan's reflux going?

For those interested... I uploaded a few new piccies today of our bubba, some are of just after he was born (finally got them back off my sister's camera)

hi girls,
    so hard to keep up with you all! jodi, we are still oopsing, but now dh has gone back to the mine i'll take the opportunity to get contraception sorted. maz, going to the ob for my pp check up tmw, so will get the pill again. guess i'll do a hpt just to make sure i'm not before i start taking it. would have to be pretty unlucky surely....

nelle, ainsleigh used to poo every nappy when she was river's age (she's so old now!!!) but it has settled down to once a dayish. she too was a little pebbly during the week maz, but has sorted herself out. i wondered if it is because she has gone on the medication for her reflux. we are also taking her to the chiro next week to see if he can help with reflux, i read in the main pages that chiro has helped some babies.

as for eating, i think ainsleigh takes the award. she is sleeping through the night, but she takes 180ml every feed, and has even started taking 240ml if she has a big sleep. last night she had 180ml at 8pm, then slept through till 6am and had 240ml. she went back to bed at 7.30am and is still sleeping.

DH has gone back to work this morning at the mine, and while he was here he learnt the hard way that going out and about all day does not make a happy baby! hopefully he will remember that when he is back next time. next time he is back though, we will have to head down south to see his son, as he still has not met ainseligh. he went from being an only child for eight years to having two siblings, his mum was due last week!

belle, hope you are doing better. hugs to all you girls who are struggling with sleep and witching hours. that will be me again as of today when i don't have DH to share the cuddles and cooking in the later afternoon.

ETA have added some pics to Ainsleigh's homepage.... you organised girls are keeping me inspired!
    http://www.babysites.com/sites/babypassi/
    Last edited by rikki; October 18th, 2006 at 11:36 AM.

Wow... if all these babies are taking so much each feed, no wonder Xander is always on the boob these days!

hi ladies!

im surprised to learn how much your babies are feeding.
    When i told the maternal nurse that savanna is having 120 mls each 3-4 hour feed she said that it was too much?????
    sometimes she sleeps through a feed but if she wants to drink 120 mls what am i supposed to do. that is what satisfies her and sometimes she wants just a little bit more to get her to sleep.

she was sleeping so well for a couple nights now she wont sleep properly again and im up all night!!!
    savanna is a very noisy sleeping baby. she makes all sorts of noises and grizzles snorts etc and most of the time wakes herself up once i have put her down. so its hard for me to fall asleep when i can hear her and think she is gonna wake up any second i get so stressed out !! when will it get easier!!!!!!!!!
    she will only fall asleep if i rock her in my arms or in the bouncer. ive tried following the settling video the maternal nurse gave me but how am i supposed to stand and tap her forever at godly hours when i cant stay awake!!!! she will not fall asleep on her own and only gets scared and breaths really hard and then cries.
    she has bad reflux at the moment and ive changed formula to the S26 AR for reflux. she seems alot better on it but is still bringing up alot now and then. im hoping its just the weather and she will get better. she also has what im guessing is heat rash all on her face and some parts of her body. poor baby i dunno what to do. its so dry and sometimes red. please help!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ambz; October 18th, 2006 at 11:45 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast