Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #6

ambz, my CHN said to feed Jack on demand, I think there are so many different opinions out there it is a wonder we all dont go insane LOL

I think just feed her what she wants as long as everytime she cries you dont automatically asume it is for a feed, she will be fine, has her weight jumped significantly or anything if not then she is fine, I mean my boys weight gain is massive but CHN said was ok, as I gove him his feed then if he wants more tend to wait a 1/2 hr to hr to see if he really wants more etc as for sleep issue have you tired swaddling her, sometimes it is just the twitching that disturbs them and swaddling helps prevent this :hugs:

well I should be doing some work, Jack has gone down for his afternoon nap, the last few days he seems to be awake from his 8am-to 9am feed till around lunch then goes down till either 3pm or 4pm so I really should get organised, mind you I have done 3 loads of washing and a 4th is in machine when it is done just got nappies and Jase work uniform to wash gotta do floors wash bottles, and ironing but no I am on here LOL

hi rach,

if swaddling means wrapping her up for a sleep. yes i do. i wrap her up as tight as i can as she wriggles so much to get her hands out. ive tried not wrapping her aswell but she only wakes herself up. i guess alot of what im going through is all apart of being a mummy.. i just didnt think it was going to be so hard!! sometimes when she wont sleep i get so frustrated and just bawl my eyes out while she is looking at me so sweetly.... i then feel so guilty for getting so upset with her.

:hugs: I know what you mean, the few times jack has cried and wont sleep just wants to be held, I dont know what to do either :hugs:

NO feeling guilty girls. Just breathing and out and count to 100. I just bought a tribal sling of a lady on ebay cause Vyolett loves being held to sleep and i cant do $hit! so Im hoping this will make life easier for me and especially her. I suppose we have to remember that these little creatures we created lived in our tummy's for 9 months and were with us everywere so its only natural that they want that when they get out. Its only taken me 3 babies and how many months to figure this out. Still, I drive past the austalian postbox and feel like doing the express mail to north pole thing. Bloody return address would bring her back though!
    Vyolett is sleeping again - im so happy that she shat! Asleep with a big grin on her face.
    Im very jealous of you Rikki - a entire nights sleep you lucky duck. Im hoping that Vyolett is now sorted out that things will change.
    Oh shoot someones at the door.
    BBL
    Last edited by maz; October 18th, 2006 at 12:34 PM. Reason: interrupted by rude door to door sales man!

maz vy's picture is soooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!

we have so many pics of savanna smiling too its so adorable!

savanna got up this morning about 8:30 i tried to give her a feed and put her back to sleep but she just wouldnt go down so i left her in her crib with her winnie the poo mobile going for ages. i tried to get a nap but the bloody mobile kept me awake. finally she started calling out so i got her out and gave her a bath. she screamed a bit while i was dressing her. once i put the bottle to her mouth she was out like a light without hardly touching her milk. she has been sleeping a bit now which gave me time on here and time to have a nice relaxing bath!

im going to try the bath routine before her night feed each night see how that goes. sometimes im just lazy though and cbf with the bath grrrr

ambz- Sounds like your having a hard time at the moment. I think if Savanna is taking the whole 120 mls just give her that regardless of what health nurse says. All babies are different and some have bigger appetites than others.
    As for the settling thats a hard one we usually go through a variety of things til one works. Maybe hire a baby hammock? A friend of Df baby would not settle all night and they got one and swear by it. They are expensive to buy but you can hire one.
    Its is so hard being a mummy cause we just want to make them happy and its so hard when we don't know what will do it!

I have just been to the MCHN, as I said last week Ashleigh hadn't put on as much weight as she would have liked and encouraged me to push more feed time in cause Ash either gets sleppy or gets distracted, so did that all week and she has put on 210 grams in 6 days so nursey was very happy.

I also spoke to her too bout giving up Bfing in a month or so. I was feeling guilty considering it cause my reasons for wanting to stop were bit selfish, just the feeling of being tied down was a big part of it and just physically am not enjoying it all that much.
    But she was supportive and told me I have to do what makes me happy. She said if I'm not enjoying it Ashleigh may sense that and she said the most important thing is for her to be given love and you can give that if your Bfing or formula so am feeling much better.

Ambz,i think that your bub is feeding normally,not too much.Lokk at rikki's baby(lol).
    Ruby has around 120mls each feed every 3hrs.Sometimes i can stretch to 4hrs othertimes 2hrs. Just feed your baby when she is hungary,we have a drink whenever we want too? After 3months i would worry bout getting a feeding pattern of some sort and most likely our babies will have done it for us.
    From experience the first 3months are topsyturvey and with my first DD was always stressed,didnt want her to cry,walked around the house making no noise and getting angry at DH if he did.I didnt want to go out and disrupt her routine.With ruby,completely different,sleeps with noise(though doesnt like millana screaming) Will refuse a dummy,likes to be patted hard and upright,grunts like a pig and keeps me awake and likes movement and the light on!
    Belle,thanks for the quick chat.You are not alone with your feelings.At least you are honest and asking for help.Some friends and i would always say the good stories and not what was really happening and how we were feeling at the time.Different story now! We love telling the horrors of it all!
    Maz have u done a hpt? (lol)
    Everyone else!!! hello,hope alls well,i wanna go and do stuff whilst the turkey(milly)and chubba chop(ruby) are asleep.

hey girls,

havent done much just dropped akira off at kindy this morning and i went to playgroup to catch up with everyone there.

jodi-lee - thanks for that. I dont want another kid riley was my last.

Maz - depo is short for Depo- provera its and injection you get every three months and can stop your period all together.and only has a 2% change of falling preggie. its alot better than the pill i have heard. the side affects are swelling of the hands and feet, menstrual irregulaities, fatigue, and some of the others that jodi-lee said.

Anna - i have pulled out my lava lamp for tonight to see if that is enought light for him and hopefully enough light for me to see what im doing in the middle of the night lol.

Helen p - Keep thoses fingers cross for me please. I think i will need it lol. Akira is 4 yrs old as well but just a very active kid cant sit still for no longer than 10 min it drives us insane lol. but we will get there in the end.

well im off for now going to put some washing on.

Later

Adele

Caddie - im to scared to do a test:eek: knowing my luck it will come back positive. god wouldn't that go down well with the inlaws. hahahhhaa. I cant believe what I just read, I thought that you were stuffing a turkey>>>>>da maz!
    Belle - hope your ok. Tell Jeffery if he wants to you to BF Julia so badly, maybe he should invest in one of those fake BF boobs the guys from meet the fockers had. Then he could do the job and you could get some much needed stress relieve. iM with Caddie - good on you for seeking help. Its the hardest step and you know we're all here for each other.
    Adele - I'll have to pass on the depo by the sounds of it. I had the implanon in my arm and bleed 2 weeks on, had a rest for a week then bleed again for 2 weeks. It was worse than being pg.
    Ah elephant woman is calling again. I thikn she sounds like a baby elephant when she's having a hissyy
    later chickens

maz i was like that on every pill i went on. so that is why simon is getting the snip done so i dont have to be on this depo for to long. riley sounds like a car doing a burnout lol.

belle i have to agree with maz on that one he is putting to much pressure on you.

Hey girls Well things aren't ALL bad here, cos I just went and got me and dh slurpees! Was my first time driving by myself since a few months ago...I left the baby at home with Rans.

Speaking of Rans...today was his day off to help me with things...he did give River a bath, that was nice...but apart from that, he's played xbox all day! He may as well have been at work, honestly. And he's going out soon to hang with mates, and then he's doing that tomorrow night as well! Grrr...I am too annoyed to say anything nicely, so I'm just waiting til I'm sure I can bring it up in a reasonable way

Oh! And here is the real bummer - I think we have thrush But I'm not sure, I've booked myself in for an appt Friday arvo to find out...but my nipples are really itchy and starting to get sore...and River has a white tongue, can't see any spots though. And I am starting to wonder if my urinary tract infection and itchy stitches really are thrush too...
    Has anyone had thrush on their nipples before? Is waiting til Friday too long or should I go to the pharmacy as soon as I can? I really don't want to start any probs with breasfeeding or cause Riv discomfort...sigh. There's always something isn't there..

Well, might go hang some washing on the clothes racks..

ETA: Update: my mum was headed past Chemist's Warehouse, and now my sis and her friend are coming over with some cream for me and Riv - YAY!! Sure hope it works quick..
    Last edited by Nelle; October 18th, 2006 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Hurrah!

what size teats were you after charli... i have an abundance of 1's and 2's as garbage guts will scream on anything less than a 3!! happy to post them to you tmw (or to anyone else who needs some) if you like.

well we had another great night

mind you if I had gone to bed before 12am I wouldn't be so tired

he woke from a 5 yes 5 hour sleep at 5pm had a bath had dinner and cuddles, he had another feed small 30ml at 7pm went down to bed at 8pm woke at 10.45pm, didn't peep till 2.30am and then not again till6.15am :woooooooo he is back in bed, and I have washing to hang out and dr appoint today so all is good

if I could just convince him to take that midday to 5pm sleep at midnight all would be great

well must hang this washing and shower before I start to run late :LOL again

Good morning to all my lovely friends.
    Im good, thanks for asking. I hope that EVERYONE had a good night and that we are ALL feeling extremely well.
    Anna, Belle, Caddie, Charli, Rikki, Chrissy, Helen, Merrie, Nat, ChrissyT, Nell, Shell and all us girls from the due in sep forum.(sorry if I have forgotten you...would you guys be in on having another MSN meet up one night. I so loved the baby shower one we had. What do you think or maybe we could have a on line christmas party with a KK perhaps. Let me know what you guys think.
    Doing the school drop of then gonna come home for a few hours to do my ebay $hit. Sorry being selfish....rambling about me. Any who better feed the animals then its off to their zoo's fo rthe day
    later
    xxmaz

hey girls,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLI

well i had a not so bad night wish riley would work out that its sleep time not play time at 2am in the morning lol.

Can any of you give me some ideas on how to change his clock around. i have tried to put him in a light room with lots of noise and have akira run around during the day. at night i dont turn any lights on that would wake him up to much i do everything with a night light. pleas help me i need sleep

and i like the sound of the xmas party online maz if i was aloud to join.

well im off to get akira to kindy will be back later

Adele
    Last edited by aboll; October 19th, 2006 at 08:55 AM.

Morning all,

Adele- Is he having long sleeps in the day? If he is could you wake him bit more in the day to show him day sleeps are naps and long sleeps are for nightime? Keep him awake after a feed in the day and play then at night just put him down all wrapped up, don't make eye contact, sorry if I'm not much help.

Charli- Happy birthday to you! Have a great day. Make sure your partner spoils you and make him get up for night feeds too.

We had pretty good night here. Ash had feed at 12:45 then not another til 5:30 which is long for her. I kept getting up though and checking she was okay!

rikki- If Charli doesn't want all the teats I'll take some. I'm planning to start bottle feeding in a few weeks time. Not sure though what size teat to start off with though.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLI

Count me in on the online thingy!!

Finally had a good night, only waking once. Missy Moo is officially a pig. Yesterday I decided to try some Farex (baby cereal), just a little, to see how she went. Hates the original flavour, loves the Peach & Banana flavour. The guts! She only had about 6 or 7 teapsoons. I can't imagine it would hurt her too much , she's swallowing it fully and I offer her some EBM with it to wash it down.

Adele - like shell said, try and keep him awake during the day. Take him out on outings, or playing. Do you have a routine at night? I bath Nina at the same time everynight & try and do the feeds at the same time. I make the house quiet, but she does sleep better with some background noise so I keep the TV on low.

Shell - that's great that Ash had a long sleep last night, soon you'll sleep through as well and won't even realise until the next day!

Rach - same to you, great that he slept well last night.

I have some number 2 Avent teats if anyone wants some, most of them not even used.

Happy birthday Charli. I hope you have a fantastic day mate. If you want to organise who get what you can. I love surprises so it will be nice to NOT know who if giving me something.
    Adele - I hope Riley swings his clock back around for you soon. The more the merrier for the christmas party. Its such a fun night and so confussing...good laugh but.
    Shell you dag, I can relate to getting up and checking to see if Vy is still there.
    Vy slept from 8pm to 2.30 am so I was mighty impressed. I dont get up to her through the night, that's Jed's job so Ive had 2 nights now with full sleep. I think Jed feels a little left out cause Vy hasn't smiled at him so him giving her that night time feed is a way for him to bond with her. (ands its fantastic for me )
    Better feed the elephant.
    xxmaz

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast