Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #6

hey girls,

last night was a bit better i guess he went 45 min longer before he woke up. i still woke up with a headache. it wouldnt have been so bad if simons work didnt call him in at 3am. something about a computer server gone down.

jodi-lee - yeah to help keep him belly fuller at night as he drinks 150mls for a night time feed already and wakes after 3hrs of having it. they think he burns it off to quickly. like the idea of you having everyones name on paper near the comp.

maz - three table spoons but that seems to much i think.

shellbell- we are going to look into the sleep clinic last. i want to try and do it my self.

nelle - i have no one during the day as everyone around me works or has babies themselves. i try to get a nap in at night when simon gets home but lately he has been stuck back at work cause they are updating all the servers in SA WATERS. So it looks like i might get some sleep on the week end hopefully.

Annat - riley has 7 bottles a day and that is includig the night feeds as well. and he is on 150mls he leaves about 10 mls in his bottle at then end of the feed. GOOD LUCK ON THE MOVE

with this kk thing thats goning on and the msn chat who do i email with my email addy and my home address.

Well i better go and hang out the washing.

bbl

Adele

Adele is riley have 150mls at every feed ??? or just the night one

man I gotta stop procrastinating LOL

thats at night during the day he has 100mls

hi girls,
    good luck with the move annat... only three of us perth girls now! and good luck going away rach... i went away with ainsleigh when she was five weeks old, by myself. was a four hour drive, and we had to pull up at a rest stop by the highway for a feed, but on the way home she slept the whole way! woo hoo! we are also going away again in a few weeks down south so that she can meet her half brother... i was not looking forward to going, but have just found out that my good friend will be in the same area with her family so we can catch up.

as for feeding, ainsleigh has seven bottles of 180ml :eek: ! i don't worry about her getting too much as she is still spewing a fair bit. she ups her feed to 240mls in the morning after a big sleep, but i always have two 60ml bottles as well as sometimes she screams for more after the 180ml. my ob yesterday said that she is certainly making up for being so petite at birth! so i think ainsleigh definately takes the cake for being the piggiest!

to the girls with mastitis... i feel for you. i had it which caused me to give up bf. and as for your hubby shell, he needs a kick up the butt. my ob said yesterday that although the stats are very high on leaving hosptial bf, within a week only 50% are due to various reasons. and even though i am now ff, DH has never once even woken up when she wakes in the night....

better go, have a squawker in the swing!

thanks for that charli i will have to look for it lol.

im sure riley could drink that much as he is a piggy lol.

Rikki we went away last week this week is just driving me nuts as I have to pack

we also drovehome from Townsville when he was 5 days old he travels well which is good

nelle i know exactly how you feel hun im going through the same thing!
    savanna slept so well and even got into a three hourly feed and sleep routine within the first 4 weeks. now when i feed her and put her down to sleep she wakes up within 5 minutes and starts grunting grizzling then wide awake crying!!!!!!!!
    the problem is she seems to sleep well during the day. once the clock hits midnight she starts playing up. last night she woke up at ten after my mum put her to bed at about 7:45pm. i tried puttin her down after her feed and she woke up. finally got her to sleep at 3am she slept till 6:45. another feed and she wont sleep. 10am feed and shes still sleeping and its 12:41pm. i dont know what im doing wrong at night. i do exactly the same thing each time! i even try giving her a bath but it doesnt work. when i rock her to sleep in the bouncer or the chair swing she sleeps in them without a sound. its the moment i transfer her to the cot she wakes up. i think im going to invest in a cradle and see how that works that way i wont have to move her.

p.s has anyone else noticed that the s26 gold formula smells and tastes kinda fishy??? savanna just kept throwin it up
    ive changed her to s26 AR for reflux and she seems to like it much better as its thicker and goes down well without too much mess.

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    im soo tired
    Last edited by ambz; October 20th, 2006 at 12:52 PM. Reason: always forgettin to add stuff

ambaz- thats what riley is like aswell. i think they like movement.

Ugh we are both sick with chest/throat infections My poor baby is sniffling and sooking up a storm. Hopefully the antibiotics will fix us both before the going gets tough with the moving. I still have yet to even pack a box and we have just over a week til leaving time. I just cannot be bothered, I am soooooo tired even more than the first week and now that bub is having formula my lovely Dh STILL wont give me just one night of complete rest and look after him.
    On the formula note, I spoke with my GP today about our supply problem so he took a look at my boobs. Unfortunately looks like Im one of those ladies who doesnt produce enough milk and even though Im still BF'ing him more often than not Im drying up After a 8 hour stint overnight without BF'ing not a sign of engorgement to be seen. So I guess my decisions been made for me and my little piglet will be FF full time. I still cant help feeling a tiny bit like a failure, which is ridiculous because Im not. Doesnt help when DH is making out like I deliberately worked it this way and now Jett will be disadvantaged. God I could smack him in the head sometimes!

annat - you have the same problem i have. dont feel like a faliure its not your fault.he is still going to grow up the same. Hope you both get better soon. if he keeps sniffling have a hot shower and have him stil in the room the steam will help losen the crap up.
    Im sure well all would like to smack our hubby across the heads sometime

I think some of these hubbies need to pull there heads in a bit and be more helpfully instead of making you feel bad cause you are having trouble bfing. Its just not on.

Well im outter here

Adele

annaT- im in the same situation as you too. i have a very low milk supply. when i was in hospital and told savanna had lost 10% of her birth weight due to insufficient milk supply i bawled and bawled my eyes out to hubby. the midwife walk in and reassured me its not our fault. its just natures way. everyone is different. i tried and tried to persist in breastfeeding once i came home and even expressed as much as i could which was only aroun 30 mls and 60 mls on a really good day. that only happened once! so basically i was only getting atleast 30-40 milks each day. far from what bubs needs to drink. honestly i really tried my hardest to stick to it. but it gets quite depressing when hardly anything comes out. i am giving her full formula feeds last couple days. i feel so guilty but what can we do hey? im dredding telling my maternal nurse ive given up on bf as i feel like a failure too. but the way i see it is aslong as she is putting on weight and has lots of wet nappies she is doing well and thats all that matters. its better than the stressful bf episodes where we both get upset and worked up.

AnnaT & AMBZ - Im having the same issues my thoughts are with you. AnnaT - my DH gives me the same guilt too.

Girls a question, for those FF, what formula do you use? can we put together a list? be interested in seeing which is most popular. I am only topping up with S26 Lactose free due to my allergies.

BAck later for more personals.

Bel
    xxx

Time for a new thread girls.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678