Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #6

Some people should just keep their comments to themselves!! I'm sick and tired of hearing people say that formula is soooo bad for babies, it should only be breast milk. That's a load of rubbish. I was a formula-fed baby and I'm fine, and nowadays, the formula is much better than 24 years ago! Breastfeeding is simply not for everyone. It doesn't make you less of a mother. That's why they have created things like formula.

Shell & belle - remember, happy mum = happy baby. If you're not enjoying breastfeeding, then choosing to switch is probably best for you. You want to enjoy motherhood, not dread every time bub is due for a feed, and you want your baby to be content as well. Sometimes breastmilk is simply not enough for babies, they need more.

belle - that's great that Julia is settling and you're feeling a little better. Nina is going really well, she's settled much more since I've increased her bottle at night and giving her a little food during the day. Still fighting to sleep during the day, but sometimes I need a break from her and I'll sit there and rock her to sleep! But she'll only have about an hour or so.

Belle- Men are so frustrating sometimes. From there point of view everything must look so easy to them, they prolly think how hard can it be. I'd love it if Df could be in my shoes for a day and see how it feels. Ashleigh feeds 7-8 times a day and if you add up all that time it equals a few hours of being attatched to MY breast! At least in here we get lots of support so stuff our partners!

jodi_lee- I agree. I'd enjoy feeding time alot more. I am happy that I have gone this far already with Bfing and am proud of that, I'm still planning to give it a few more weeks to.

If only they knew!!! Like I said before, Nina doesn't usually sleep during the day, so I have to entertain her ALL DAY
    DH and I are going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment. When he gets home from work, his day ends, and he stuffs around outside playing with the dogs, or sits on the computer surfing the net. My day unfortunately never ends. While he's doing this, I'm trying to organise dinner, get Nina bathed, fed and ready for bed. I'm sure he thinks I'm superwoman.

that's my vent done ... thanks

charli

sorry girls havent been around much lately, had heaps of paper work to get finalised, so it just went in the mail, so i have a load of my mind.

as for the msn and kk thing, i will be in for it as well, as long as i get the right address( nelle knows about that)LOL,hehehe, poor maz must have had a bad preggy brain when she gave me nelles address.........im only stirring you maz, no offense intended.as for everyone on here im trying to keep up as well, but now days im completly lost with everyone, i am thinking of you all and love you all to bits, sorry for lack of personals, little miss caitlyn does not give me the time at the moment.

belle, thanks for thinking of me mate, im doing ok, just had heaps on my mind, the weather here is pretty hot too, i just got back from a walk to the water to take the dog for a swim. i hope your doing ok, luv you heaps.......

i could kill Dh at the moment, i thought giving up boobs would make it easier for me, but now i have to wash sterlise, and give bubs her bottles, with no help from the pr**k, and im lucky if he picks her up for 10 minutes when he gets home, just when im at wits end, all he wants to do is to have a beer, and relax..........i wish, might crack my bottle of chardonay and have a few tonight, all i can say im very lucky to have a 13 year old daughter, she has been helping me so much.

the girls going off again better go stupid me that was saying hello, not goodbye, oh well..............enough of my sh*t

hey all, Jack is perfect and dr was real happy with me, he said seeing as I was there he would do 6 week check thing so he looked at incision had a cht etc, so is all over now, he want me back on thyroid medication while waiting for bloods etc, but aside from that all is good, he removed 2 small stiches that were pulling, (I had all internal stiches)

ummm.......this msn and KK thing can we join if we were'nt sept due date group ??? I would like to be involved, but if ya want to keep to spet due group tis fine

Anna, I would love a couple of size1 advent if you still have some, my email is [email protected] also this is my msn tag if anyone wants to add me

Charli

well must fly it is so hot here, and I have to go to shop with jase when he gets home, we are off to IL's tomorrow arvie then down to Agnes with them Sun-wed, am hoping all goes well

oh and no more oopsies for us Jase went and got some party hats a man who thinks

but I did have a dream we already were :eek: and then the kookaburras have been laughing hard at us

I think this is the reason guns were abolished all those years ago, cause the governemnt knew that woman like us exist and owuldn't be scared to use them on our partners . lol. Chrissy Its so good to hear from you mate. PMSL at address, I probably did f$$k it up knowing me.
    Belle and Shell - im telling ya's tell the hubbies to get a fake boob and see how much they like it. That's it im coming over to sort these boys out, im gonna biff them between the eyes. tell them to stop being text book dads and try to be the real thing for a change. Sorry girls but its just not fair that your DH are putting so much pressure on you both. There's enough other people out there that we have to deal with being negetive towards us so our DH should be supportive. As for that bartch saying formula was like Macca's, I'll bloody show her maca's!!!!! I bet the cow doesn't even have any children.
    ON a lighter note......
    I have tried out the sling I bought of a chick on ebay - fabulous! Vy has been in it down the street and i had both hands free while she slept. She was all curled up in the featal postion and just looked so beautiful. I had some old ladies spin out that there was a baby in there. Ive worn it around the house when Vy was unsettled before and she was asleep within 5 mins. This is the best baby thing I have bought yet.
    Better go and finish my pumpkin soup and give my little man Wilhem some cuddles
    xxmaz

Maz what type of sling did ya get I am looking at one on ebay at present too, just for when Jack has his mornign wake time an dlikes to be cuddled

There are a few of us here.
    belle, maz, little*princess, nelle, helenp, chrissy, anna**, annaT, rikki, ambz, shell, aboll, merrie, rach75 & me ... is that everyone? I've had to write it all down and keep it next to the computer so I remember LOL

Jodi - there's also Caddie, chrissyt, nat and $hit ive totally gone blank! Im gonna have to do that same as you mate and write them down. Alzhiemers already...
    Rach - KK thing is for everyonenot jsut september babies forum but just wanted to remind everyone how good that night was. I bought my sling from Jazsling and it was $35. Have I told you all how much I loveeeeeeeeeeee it.lol

cool Maz would love to be in it then

as for sling that the one I am looking at the $35 is the indian cotton *yeah*

maz, your over sexed husband sounds just like mine..........

Charli - im so sorry hon, smack for it later.

Chrissy - Mine was at me the week after I had Vy and I told him to at least give me 2. He kept me to it to the [email protected]!

I am still here...always reading as usual...just a slack @rse postererer.

Well insurance people have been and the roofing guys are coming in about an hr. We have quite a few smashed roof tiles, so praying it doesnt rain.

Will get my adress to you soon Charli. I'll be in on the KK. What kind of things are we buying?

ADVENT thingy's. For those with advent bottles, I bought a steam steriliser the other day and got 2 bottles with no.2 teats also I think the breast pump comes with smaller bottles and no.1 teats. Just a thought for those ladies needing more, incase you need 1 of these products they come with a bonus. We are lucky we have done the whole thing with Bella so we dont need any.

Belle and Shell- grrrrr at DH's. They better watch out Maz is on the prowl.

Thanks for your thoughts about the storm damage.

Anna-Eithan's reflux is getting much much better. He doesnt vomit very often any more when we lay him down, yet we still have the vomits after a feed.

For those expressing and BF- how long does it take to build up enough supply to express. A whole days worth after expressing after every feed produced only 40ml. Last feed I managed 20ml while looking at Eithan. I think I am having trouble with my letdown???? He is getting a feed at 11pm and emptying both breasts and I am feeding him the EBM as a top up to encourage longer sleeps, last night he was looking for more after 40ml. We tried the formula but he was less than impressed, but will take the bottle with EBM in it. Also the no. 1 ADVENT teat doesnt seem to let it out fast enough for him, do you think it is ok to go up to the no.2 or will this cause him to want it from the bottle and not the breast as it might have a faster flow?

Anyways tea time now. Bella's fed, who knows what DH and I will have.

Love

Happy birthday charli!! Hope it was a good one.
    I will be on the kk and chat thingy! it was fun last time.
    I have the avent teats no 1 if anyone wants.I also have 3 anti colic nuk bottles that have the hole in the teat to prevent air bubbles.I want $10 for bottles as i paid $18 and used 1 bottle twice.Just say if ya interested.
    Ruby had me up from 4am this morning and wouldnt go back to sleep! In the end i growled at hubby for him to try(he was successful) as i had a headache and had had enough.
    I think im ovulating! Have the pains and the other usual signs.Im glad im not doing it!
    Gotta go and do something usfull.
    Sorry bout your house helen.How awful.The last thing you need.Sounds like u got our bad luck.

sorry Charli - how could I forget the birthday girl ... sorry!!

helenp - Maybe give the no.2 teat a go just once, if he takes to that, and also takes to the breast I can't see it being a problem. Also with the formula, maybe he's fussy?
    With expressing, do you breastfeed him, then express 40ml? If so, that's pretty good I think, to be able to still express some after a feed. I express about 150ml from each breast when they're full, and I usually can't express any after feeding Nina.
    Sorry, not much help am I!!
    Good luck with the roof. Praying for no rain for you.
    PS: dinner ... what's that? I only know of Nina's dinner LOL

Speaking of ovulating, I am, and we are ooopsying, without protection :eek: I've been very moody and cranky lately. I'd better not be pregnant again

yes ovulating is why th eparty hats made a appearance this morning I am almost positive I am ovualting the only good thing about that is it looks like I might be able to do it alone this time :yay:

Charli I left my email in a earlier post I would love to be involved in the KK so if you could email as I obviously dont have your info

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast