Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #78

Default Babies Born September 2006 #78

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

was just a idea no biggie!!!!!!!!

Heyoooooo just sitting waiting for Jesse to eat his dinner. I think we've had a BIG break through in his vocabulary. We were sitting eating out breaky this morning looking out the back window/door and some birds were playing on the ground. I said Jesse can you see the birds (a few times) and he said "birrr". To me thats birds. Also last night when i said do you want your bottle he said "bohboh". He even sounds like he says "hi dahdee". Every afternoon when DH gets home i say that a few times to jesse "Say Hi Daddy". Yesterday when Kristy and her 7 month old Isaac were over i was saying to Jesse Say Hi Isaac. And Kristy and i both heard Jesse say "Isaac". I hope this is his words coming through! In the past week he's just done a 360 in his vocabulary! It maybe him just making sounds but it sounds like words to me. YAY. Ive been so worried about his talking only being limited to bub bub and heyoo and the occasional da da.

jack has just in last 2 weeks expanded his vocabulary extensively as well

That's great to hear Kel. Before you know it you won't be able to shut him up! lol

sharleen - I can understand why you don't really want to be celebrating your birthday tomorrow. I hope you do find something special to do though, and have a good day.

ETA: Nina's teeth have finally cut through!! She's got hardly any teeth left to come through now. Lets hope it's smooth sailing for now on.

Heya lovelies. Been shopping today, so rather tired!

Hugs Sharle. Can you go shopping and get something special for yourself, or take a bath and reflect or grab a special drink for yourself?

Yay on the teeth Jodi! River's ones are sloooowly coming, which is fine by me, they seem to bother him less that way.

Yay on the words too Kell! River's just starting to imitate the sound of conversation, and it's so exciting to hear him communicate in his own way. I think I heard the closest thing to a 'ta' today when I was giving him snacks today too. It's so special isn't it.

I got a coffee machine today! They didn't have the Senseo ones in stock, which probably was a good thing, because what happens when the companies stop making the pods, or, when people come over and all want a coffee! So I got a dripolater with a timer, cheaper anyway, especially since Myer has 15% off coffee machines for 4 days. And some Mudslide coffee from Gloria Jeans.

Asked Rans to clean the kitchen (his job) so I can set up the machine and suddenly he's had to stop watching the Simpsons and being all energetic cos he's tired and needs a nap on the couch...oldest trick in the book. I'll try one more nag, otherwise I guess I'll clean the kitchen! I really want a coffee before it's too late.

Sharls,must have been psychic because i got my birthday card!! Thanks very much.I had to wrestle it from millana however as she thinks anything that arrives in the mail is hers.I honestly didnt think about the BB calender and wasnt evn going to mention it until the day because of the
    'i dont want to make a deal of it' thing.So thankyou very much and i do wish you a happy birthday tommorow and please take 5 min for yourself.Can you go for coffee on your own or with a freind? Even a walk on your own? Hope your birthday brings a lot of love and hugs to you.

Hi sll.
    I have now forgotten what was written in the prev thread.

Kell - Yep that woman had a drug addiction that she passed on to her son. She seems pretty good now considering.

Sharl - Hugs your way.

Ness -Yay on hearing the heartbeat. How exciting!

Nelle - Looks like everyone will be round at your place for coffee.

Jodi - Wow Nina has a mouthfull. Still only 6 teeth here.

Belle - How did your cleaning frenzy go?

My friend seems to be doing alright. I had a long chat with her today as well as a long chat with her hubbyt to find out how she was really doing. She has gone into the busy mode, with a lot of planning. i really dont expect much until after the funeral, then I am sure that it will be more realistic, and I will be there for her.
    I think it was Jodi who said about speaking to her more when people's phone call start to drop off. I have made a mental not of the date, and will make sure that I call her on the one month, two months etc. As well as just beijng there for her in general. I am going over to water her plants etc, as she is staying with her mum at the min, so just helping in the little ways.

Hope everyone had a great day today. We had a "just right" day as far as temp goes here. 28 is about how I like it. I hate the heat, so dont like it much hotter. I never used to hate the heat, but since getting preg.... and I still seem to hate it now!!!

Ohh - happy birthday Caddie, when is your actual birthday?

Not till the 27th!! lol sharls got in early.

I am so exhausted all the crap Victorian nurses are putting up with. We've been told seeing as we've put bans on beds we are not getting paid even though we turned up to work and did our shift as normal. there is so much bullying and intimidation going on from high management at all hospitals. Nurses are going to work crying because of it all. Its disgusting the treatment we get. And here labour are saying how they are against the new IR laws and work choices and all that crap but then they turn around and throw it in our face!

Ohh Shell, that's absolute rubbish, I can't believe that! Big hugs honey, you're more than welcome to come over for a mudslide flavoured coffee anytime. Except tomorrow, I'm going to the expo.

We made ourselves a coffee, and it was a tiny bit weak, but that's okay, just gotta use a bit more coffee next time.

I just PM'd you with my number Meg...don't sell it if I become famous!! OOH! I think I just felt a little kick - big deal for me since the placenta's at the front apparently. Haha...must be the coffee. I'm getting up earlier than usual for the expo tomorrow, so perhaps I'll set the timer for the coffee...man, I'm so glad I got it! It's so nice to have a new shiny treat! All I need now is to book a haircut and I'm set...oh crap...and the dr's appt for the birthing centre, and my 20 week u/s...sheesh, I should write these things down shouldn't I...

Sharleen - happy birthday for you tomorrow darl - even though it will be an emotional day for you, take time out to be kind to yourself, try and do something for yourself and enjoy your beautiful family.

Shell - what horrible people and what a horrible situation, don't they realise where we would be if there were no nurses...I hope it improves for you and and they come to their senses !!!

Kell - yay on Jesse talking..clever boy.

Meg - hugs to you for being a great friend to your friend.

Nelle - yay on the coffee machine - we got one for our wedding and it is in storage so I am looking forward to getting back to it and having some decent coffee and the smell of it yummmmmo....

Better go, someone won't leave me alone this arvo
    Laurin

Just a quick one this morning.

Jodi.. oh wow, thats great Nina has cut most of her teeth! Makes it so much easier chewing on them i think and also on you!! So she has no excuses now hehe

Nelle.. Yeh i think Jesse's just imitating sounds but i guess thats where it all starts hey! How cute River saying Ta. And oh! Coffee machine!!! Ive already put my order in for one from Santa hehe. What expo are you going to? Hope its not the parenting one i went to the other week (was absolute crap!)

Meg.. your friends very lucky to have you there. Ah ok, yeh makes sense. Poor little boy. Wonder if thats why he has the eating problems.

Shell.. sorry to hear about your work place.

Thanks Laurin!

Well my last lazyish day. Well, have mums group. But as of tomorrow im cleaning the house!
    Only 3 more sleeps Nessa! I had a dream you were here last night and went and bought 3 nappies for $100!! I was like what are you doing?!

SHARLEEN

take some time out for yourself, you so deserve it

It might be Kell, it's the PBCExpo, which I went to last year with River and wasn't too impressed, but I'm going with a friend and I know what I want to see and do this year, so it won't be walking the aisles waiting for someone to blow my mind - it'll be me saying 'okay, I'm going to visit the Gaia stand cos I need some more stuff and I'm hoping there'll be a discount of some sort, and I want to visit the cloth nappy stands!'.

This is a bit early for me, and mum's just come over, so I might go for a coffee...and some food, I feel a bit ill.

I crack myself up at times

now before I say what I have to say I hope I dont offend anyone........

the morning show on ch7 were going on about terri irwin and people eating corocodile meat, anyway the were asking what do you think etc.......well I emailed them

now I hate crocodiles and scared as all mighty had nightmares as a kid, will never go to a crocodile farm, have been to a zoo where there are crocs and literally shake and break out in a sweat when near them ..........get the drift

anyway my email was

personally crocodiles scare the heck out of me, and I think the more crocodile meat I can eat the less crocodiles there are to eat me also I am scared as all of kangaroos and sharks so if I can eat them all the better LOL

bet ya they dont read my email though

Rach- lol love the letter. I am against eating kangaroo and emu, I say we shouldn't be eating our aussie emblem!

Nelle- Enjoy the expo. Hope you find what you want. Lol at 9:30 being early for you! I feel lucky if I get to sleep past 7!

Happy Birthday Sharleen!

Meg- When is the funeral? Its sounds like you are being a fantastic friend, keep doing what you are doing.

Jodi- Thank god those teeth are thru, hopefully you'll start getting some sleep!

Kell and Ness, can't believe its nearly time for your holiday!

Well I am quite upset with Df and his unsupportive attitude. He is starting to sound like politician himself the way he talking and all he seems to be focused on is if I get paid or not. He made some comment like he wouldn't put our financial situation at risk or some crap like that. He should be looking at bigger picture!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast