... 6789

thread: Babies Born September 2006 #84

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    South Eastern Suburbs, Vic

Hey Meg, any time you're worried about where James is up to, feel free to compare him to my underachiever. He knows what his tongue is...that's quite clever I think. He also sticks his tongue out when I say chin...well never mind, one body part at a time...

May 2007

Hahaha, Thanks Nelle!!!

I am leaking all over the place at the moment. James self weaned and my boobs feel like they are going to explode..... Hey maybe that's why I am so down at the moment...... Coz my little baby has moved on from wanting me.....

Dec 2005

What is it with grumpy men tonight!! I'm with you tonight Ness. My DH is tired, and when he's tired he's grumpy and everything is a huge effort for him to do. Including moving from one lounge room to the other so he could watch the cricket on the big tv. Man, was that a whinge and a half from him!
    At least your DH got a home cooked meal, I bought home a pizza after yoga!!

meg - I know it's hard, but try to think positive. Every baby is different and some don't walk till they're 18 months old. That's great that you opened up to a friend about what's been going on with you. How do you feel now that you've done that?

nelle - lol at River knowing his tongue! Nina is facsinated (is that spelt right?) with her nose. You'll say 'where is your ear?' and she points to her nose ??!!

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

Jodi- Ash does the same, rarely will she point to anything else, she just loves noses! She wants to point out everyones, even in books.

Meg- I hope tomor is a better day for you. And just remember James is fine, there are plenty kids all doing and not doing different things.
    Yep I watched ANTM and I'm in love with gossip girl too.

Nelle- You can tell you are the daughter of a teacher! Did you end up going to meet Helen?

Ness- yay on Annika thats fantastic, I haven't taken Ash swimming yet, I get bit worried cause she absolutely hates water on her face or head.

Well we had our mums group xmas party today. one of the girls has a great set-up in the back yard, swings, slide, sandpit, ball pit, so the kids had a ball. Funny thing was Ash spent so much time in the sandpit yet last week when I took her to a park that is sandy she was so upset and wouldn't walk on it! Don't know the difference.

Then we went out for dinner with Matts parents, chinese was really nice night and I have to say Ash was well behaved. i think the trick was shoving food in front of her, I took her little plastik plate and just put bits of whatever we had and it kept her very happy.

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

ooh there were just fireworks, they have the carols in the park every year nearby, we did go once but this year cause we live closer its great cause we just sat up on the balcony and watched them, i so love fireworks, my fav thing.

Feb 2006

Nooo I didn't go to meet Helen, had a bad pregnancy day today, nothing dramatic, just NO energy and feeling blah. That's cool about the fireworks! We've got cheeky neighbours who set them off from time to time.

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

I was dissapointed didn't get to meet her but I'm still trying to talk Df into a tassie trip, he wants to go to the gold coast but i don't see the point when we can't really do the theme parks, be too hard with a baby (well toddler now!) I think tassie will be easier at this age.

Dec 2005
    not with crazy people

PMSL - when we say nose Vy points to her nose, then when we asl were's your eyes, she points to her ear and says whats that??? weird child.
    Dont talk to me about @r$ehole DH's please. Jed and I had a huge fight about him swearing at the kids. Im sick to death of it! I know I swear but not at my kids and Ive had enough of hearing the f word come out directed towards them (I know im married to a builder but still) I totally flipped out. I started speaking to him in the same manor (I may have exagarated it a bit) and he didnt like it one bit!! He is treading on egg shells atm!!! Ive just had enough of it and im not going to put up with unhappy kids for the 6 weeks he's home (I might have to knock him off and get his insurance money pmsl)I am making alist of things he can do in that 6 weeks so he can leave us alone!!! Ahhh farken MEN!!!!

BBL when Ive got it all out of my system

Feb 2006
    Mornington Peninsula, Vic

Hey girls

I am so sorry to read some of you girls are a bit down at the moment and that your DH's are not behaving themselves. Maz, I agree with you, my DH works in construction in the mining industry and swears all the time not at Rylee but I don't want her hearing it and it p*sses me off so much!!!! Ness - why can't DH's just eat their dinner and say YUM even if they don't like it - it is hard work trying to come up with yummy meals day after day and alot of work goes into them.

What else?? My highs and lows...

Highs
    Watching my beautiful baby grow into a gorgeous little girl
    Leaving Johannesburg
    Spending this Christmas with my family - it has been a few of years since I have
    Being able to spend a few months with my family in NZ

Lows
    A close friend being killed in a plane crash in Malawi
    Living in Johannesburg
    DH and I having major problems
    Sleep deprivation

Okay that's me - roll on 2008.

Hugs
    Laurinxxx

Jan 2006
    The Hawkesbury

Meg.. honey it could very well be that. A late version of the baby blues?

Jesse wouldnt know his head from his bum. He's starting to pick up on his words though. He does say lots of things now.. mostly random and repeating us.. and he has finally caught on to saying "mum mum mum mum" wooohoooo!!!!!!! So proud!

Maz.. sorry to hear youre having a hard time with Jed and the swearing. Hows your head?

Jodi.. i had the same thing with grahame last night with the cricket! Aghhh i hate cricket!!!

Ness.. dont feel too bad hun, like i said, he should make an effort to eat what you cook without a fuss regardless.

Feb 2005
    Sydney

OMG I hate cricket too, I never get to watch anything on Fox anymore!

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

I sent Df upstairs to watch the cricket while I kicked back and watched Fox8.

All these Men better start behaving themselves! We should all pack up and fly to fiji or somewhere nice and leave the men to with the kids to fend for themselves!

BBL got a friend coming and gotta finish tidying.

May 2007

I am with you Shell!! When do we book :P Tim is currently asleep on the couch. And he tells me how hard he works. This morning I have done 2 loads of washing, been to playgroup, got James' lunch ready (james is still asleep) tidied the kitchen, written some Christmas cards.... and the list goes on. But Oh HE works SO hard!!!!

Just a q Shell - When do you and DF plan to get married?

Aug 2005
    central coast

am i the only one who LOVES cricket dh has to ask me all the rules all the time, as he has no idea, and i have watched it since i was 8 years old, and loved it.

i wont even get on the dh bandwagon, as mine doesnt go to work anymore, and im stuck with him 24/7.....

Feb 2006

Nah, I like cricket Chrissy, I'm one of these odd people who's not that keen on AFL actually! I'm teaching Rans the rules, think he's getting it!

Ahh a dh at home, that could be challenging - on the bright side, he can't tell you how hard he works at work and that's why he CAN'T take his dishes to the sink. :banghead:
    Rans annoys me because I say 'hey can you do this?' and he says 'yep' and then...............
    Just say no, so I can do it then, instead of waiting for you to do it! Honestly!

We're working out a system though, where I just write what I need him to do on the whiteboard. So I'm not nagging him, except for 'you need to check the whiteboard'. And then if I see a job for him, but really, I don't mind doing it, then I'll do it. And he can feel satisfied rubbing it off, like when he FINALLY could rub 'Mowing' off the board - HURRAH!
    At least this way, he'll come to resent the whiteboard and not me.

Great day for Helen to be at the zoo, it's awesome weather! Wish I had the dosh this week to join her!

2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Nov 2005
    Perth

I love cricket!!! I cannot stand AFL either!!! I'm loving the 20/20 matches... missed out on tickets to the game in Perth last night which was a shame, at least it was live on TV.

Don't get me started on the DH thing, mine has been a lot better since I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, but there is still major room for improvement!

Not much to report from me... am going to sit down and think about the great things that happened this year and then come back and post.

Oh, Xander finally had his first haircut! He looks like such a little boy now, it's all spikey on top just like his Daddy.

Feb 2006

Ohhh Anna he looks like such a big boy now! Is he walking yet? That would be too weird! At least Riv's still crawling, I can pretend he's still a baby.

My dh cut it fine today, he redeemed himself JUST in the nick of time. By vacuuming, which is good! Luckyyyyyyyyyyy.
    I'm trying to be really firm about how much I want him to help, because I don't want it to be like this if/when we have 4 kids! In fact, if things don't change, there won't be 4 kids, so it's really up to him hey.
    Anyway, we're friends now

Hope Helen had a great time at the zoo! I can't wait to take Riv to the zoo, or perhaps Healesville Sanctuary, since that's closer. Do kids this age get much out of zoo trips? I LOVE the zoo, but if it's not such a thrill for them yet, we might stick to the Sanctuary...plus there's the bakery and ice-cream shop in Healesville too.

Dec 2005

aaaawwww, we can call Xander spike!

nelle, my bil & sil took Nina to the zoo in Sept, and she loved it way back then. She was pointing at everything. I can't wait to take her myself.

I'm not a fan of cricket. The one day matches are all right, but I couldn't sit there all day watching, only parts of it.
    Chrissy, I take my hat off to you for putting up with your dh 24/7. Heath and I would have been divorced by now if that was us! lol

I'm coming with you guys to Fiji!! Heath needs to learn what a parent really does!! He thinks if Nina is cranky, then she must be ready for a sleep, instead of thinking maybe she's hungry, or wants a bottle, or wants to play?!!!

maz - I hope Jed learnt his lesson last night. Is he behaving himself today?

... 6789