Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #84

Default Babies Born September 2006 #84

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Hi guys, havent read anything so sorry if I have missed something. Eithan is still really sick so I have had to cancel our trip to Melbourne, was able to change it under special circumstances but still cost us. Hotel was an easy change over. So will be in Mel next Tuesday leaving Thursday.

Might even end up in hospital tonight. He has had constant diarrhea and vomiting. He has had hyrdalytes but is constantly sleeping, so not really well at all.

Will update you tomorrow.

Love

oh helen hope he doesnt have to go. Is it a bad gastro bug? A friend of mine had her 3yrold in hospy the other week for the same thing,but in your case the rash seems strange.
    Ness hope your nana nap has given you a boost! I tell ya you really should get your self checked out.
    Maz hope you are home resting if not hope you and sunshine being waited on hand and foot!

Shell.. um.. the only one ive used is Anagraine. Thanks for letting me know though. I had one about a week before i found out i was pregnant, which wouldve been a week before AF was due which is when i normally get them, so i guess will see if i get another one next week.. not going to be happy if i do as all i can take is panadol and that does diddly squat.

Helen.. oh dear the poor thing i hope he gets better soon.. i think its best to see someone about it.. poor pet.

Eugh Ness that's no good, I did wonder about MS considering your aunt's age. Hopefully it'll turn out to be something else weird that explains it all...gotta have some hope hey.

Helen, what a bummer. That's great you were able to reschedule your holiday though hon. Keep us posted on Eithan, a hospy admission might be helpful, to try and sort out what's going on with him!

Well we are in the wars aren't we. Never mind, chin up girls, Christmas is almost here, and you know, when it's not raining, the weather's quite lovely!

I think I've popped my jaw from resting on it before - chewing feels weird! Hope it sorts itself out! I shouldn't be eating the cashews I bought for cooking anyway really...

Hi all,
    I have forgotten half pf what was on the last thread.

maz - sending positve vibes your way. I hope you and sunshine are ok.

Helen - Wishing Eithan a speedy recovery. I am glad that you were able to reschedule.

Nelle - I love your new ticker pic. Gee Riv looks like you.

Kell - I like your Chrissy pic too. When are you going to change your AV to a preggy belly?

hi girls im having a really bad night, Julia fell of the sofa tonight bounced and head first did a flip somersault on the floor hitting her head. Shes screaming right now and woke up in a sweat all her hair wet and hot and not happy... and also her teeth are coming through too. I told my GP who called me tonight re my HCG levels and she told me to watch out for seizures and vomiting, geez... i hope shes ok.

Good news I got my HCG results and they are 2580 or so, so good for being 6 weeks thank god.

Helen - I hope Eithan gets better soon.

Bel
    xxx

God, its not looking good in here.

Belle, I'm sure Julia will be fine, its just a precaution with head injuries to look out for. Big hugs to you both, they're just at that stage now where they want to do so much, we are always having bumps and falls here. Glad to hear your blood results came back good.

Nelle, mmmm, cashews, they are my favorite nut. I have doritos sitting around might have to open them now.

Kell, from what they said its meant to be a good drug thats why people were so glad its on PBS now so they can actually afford it.

Ness- Hopefully they can work out a diagnosis soon, would be bit scary not knowing exactly what is going on, and at least when the results are known a treatment can actual start. How is she holding up emotionally?

HelenP- Doesn't sound good at all, hope the Drs can sort out what is going on. If you do end up in hospy at least then they can put him on a drip, its amazing how much improvement kids and adults get just from getting some IV fluids pumped into them.

Well I've just put up chrissy lights round the lounge, my tree is still standing there bare, well it has 3 deco's on it, I did start today, put on my xmas tape (I've had since 85!) and sang carols to Ash, funnily she wasn't impressed with Jingle Bells.

Belle know all about head injuries.Ruby got another today.Smack down on wooden floors.Last time when i took her for precautionary measures basically i just had to keep an eye on her for 24hrs.No running round.keep her quiet,analgesia if needed.Back to ed if she vomited or seizures or lump didnt clear up. Iwas totally peeved today because it was millanas fault when i told them to stop. Anyway millana then put sand all in rubys eyes this arvo and she needed a bath it was so bad. Poor ruby been through the wringer and me sick with stress! So HUGS belle!!! Im feeling your stress.
    Maz,she is in hospy overnite. She still has elevated bp and some blood tests bit abnormal so keep her in our thoughts.
    Millana whinging again. aaron trying to distract her with a balloon.Ineed CHOCOLATE. the wine hasnt worked. It has made me tired.lol

Aww Belle. From the first aid course I did, sounds like the seizures and vomiting your dr told you to watch for would be from if Miss Goolia overheats - which the teething could cause I guess? I haven't heard of kids getting a temp from a head injury?
    River had his share of injuries today, nothing a hug and a song didn't end up fixing though!

Ooh Caddie, naughty Millana! Sand in the eyes! Oww! Hope you get that chocolate! I'm eating cereal (wanted bruschetta, but we're out of bread, bummer).

Yay for the Chrissy decorations Shell! I might try wrap a few more pressies tonight...maybe.

Helen - How's Ethan now? I'd probably take him to the hospy if he isn't starting to look a bit better soon. At least he is taking fluids - poor little mite.

Belle - Poor Julia! Like Shell said, I'm sure it's just precautionary that they are telling you to watch for seizures and vomiting, but like Nelle said, high temps can also cause (relatively harmless) fits in toddlers so try not to think the worse.

Any news on Maz?

Xander was so brave today with his grommets. He's pretty miserable now that the pain killers have worn off a bit, but at least he is sleeping. The anesthetists was really nice and let me stay with him until he was asleep - Xander got a little scared, but didn't cry. He was pretty chucky when waking up tho so they had to insert a drip (thankfully they had put Emla on his hand prior to surgery just in case). Once he was awake fully he was sooooo hungry! He ate everything the hospy staff gave him and was looking for more. At least that is over with - I'm looking forward to no more ear infections... everyone keeps telling me how much of a different baby he is going to be from now on.

belle...i hope julia is ok mate, im sure she will be fine, those levels sounds fantastic.......well done

maz...hope your resting up, the postive of her in hospital is that at least SHE will rest, so it will do her good for a rest.....sending you all my love :hugs:

helen...hope eithan is on the improve

anna..my thoughts are with ytou hun..

Anna - that's great news the grommets are in. I'm sure things will be a lot better now for him.
    How are you going lately?

belle - how did Julia go last night? I hope you weren't worrying too much and got some sleep yourself. Although it's hard not to, isn't it. Thanks for the chat yesterday.
    Fabulous news on your results too!!!

nessa - sometimes we just don't have the energy, and cut corners. I did it with something the other day (can't think of what it was now). It was something I don't normally do, but I didn't have the energy, so I cheated.
    How long did it take for Teleah to be settled in her big bed, and stop getting out of it? I know some babies take to it straight away, whereas others it takes them months. A friend of mine went through a real rough period with her DS when she put him in a bed, it took about 5 months for him to be settled in it, and this was while she was pg. Just as he was settled in his big bed, the new baby come along.
    Good luck with your Aunty's results.

helen - how was Eithan last night, did you end up taking him into hospital?

How is everyone today? Eithan and julia how are they?
    Cute pic of caity there chrissy! No way would ruby keep a headband on and she needs one!
    Whos turn for an ultrasound next?
    Im leaving millana with a friend for a couple of hrs today to get some xmas presents and such.Hope she behaves.Im sure she will,more probably get sooky if someone takes a toy off her.lol
    Hope maz has rested up a little.
    Whoops,thats great xander has the grommets in! He will be a new boy.My friend that im visiting today has her 8month old with grommets too this month. I think rikki's ainsleigh is getting some too.
    Last edited by caddie; December 4th, 2007 at 09:36 AM. Reason: xander

caddie, my next scan is on the 20th Dec, we hope to be finding out the sex then too. I know Chrissy's is beginning of Jan, and Nessa's next one is in January too. Not sure about Vixstar?? Who else is pg?

Hey girls,
    I just got a text from Helen, she said Eithan was admitted to hospital and they've had to put in a naso-gastric tube to feed him. They won't be discharged for another 24- 48 hours. Very bad case of gastro.
    Big hugs to you Helen and for little Eithan.

Jodi- i was beginning to wonder where you were, hadn't seen you in here for awhile. Not long til your next scan, hope bubs behaves so you can see the flavour.

Caddie- Have fun shopping, will be so much easier without the kids.

Anna- How is Xander today? He is a strong brave boy, doesn't sound like anything will get in the way of his appetite!

Ness- I don't know how you do it getting her to sleep in a bed! Ash would be running up and down the halls. Do you have a bassinet? Just wondering cause then that would buy you bit more time to get her used to the bed.
    Last edited by shellbell3; December 4th, 2007 at 10:31 AM.

Poor Eithan, I hope he recovers quickly from this.

Helen......my thoughts are with you

anyone heard from maz today?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast