Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #87

I forgot to mention the bit about crying all day and feeling guilty too!! By lunch time on my first day back at work, I rung DH and told him I'd made a mistake, that I had done a terrible thing by putting Nina into daycare and that I was quitting! lol.

The funny thing is how us mums are upset all day thinking we just 'left' them and then you get home after your first day and see they've done fine without you! I don't think Ash was too bothered I'd gone on my first day back.

*Nessa* Guest

I dont work but do leave annika at occasional care, but i didnt want to just yet.

teleah goes once a week from 8:45 til 11:30 and everytime i dropped her off annika didnt want to leave so in the end the ladies talked me into enrolling her and she doesnt even look at me once she is put on the floor. She is off and has so much fun. I was devestated and its only for just over 2 hrs. I even rang them to make sure she was ok and they said she was so happy.

I still ring every day while I'm work. I know Nina is having an absolute ball there, but I miss her so much that I have to ring to see what she's doing!

*Nessa* Guest

Man my heart is beating like crazy!!! i think i need to rest!!!

meg that's great news about your friend... i feel so happy for her and i don't even know her! good luck starting back at work too. i work two days a week as a Teacher of the Deaf. I have done since Ainsleigh was 11 months old. I tried to go back to an office job within my field at six months, but could not leave her. She was not crawling yet, and I think her being immobile made it harder for me. silly, i know!

ummm.... what else was said, i'm so brain dead! jodes - Easter is early next year... so we'll be in Townsville from Wed 19th - Tues 25th March. Can't wait to meet you if you can make it down.

Off to work in a min... I am gonna bawl. J is having so much fun with his Grandma. Still woke up crying this morning. maybe he can sense the change?
    I will let you know how I go tonight.

Morning ladies.

No she isnt Shell, not after her attitude. I basically told her to shove it. She accused me of using her, can you believe it? Ah I couldnt give a flying frick about my family anymore, theyre so selfish.

Kell thanks for the toy advice, I put together a little pack of food & some toys last night so its within reach for me.

So today is testing day Jett is still asleep which is good because Ive been able to have breaky & Rips is feeding now. Im scared beyond all heck but atleast I dont feel too tired, I got a nap yesterday and we did 2/2.5hrly feeds overnight.

Kudos to our Mama's with 2+ kids!

good luck meg

good luck Meg

Good luck meg! And that is great about your friend.Its fate..
    Chrissy good luck today at your scan.! Hope you can confirm the flavour.
    Rikki i went to sunsets on the rockingham foreshore.Its just past baskin robbins and a surf shop.Its on the corner.Great meals.They do lunch too if you ever want to splurge.lol A holiday sounds fab! Ainsleigh will be fine on the plane.A little bit of effort will bring some fun in the sun.
    Ness with your heart racing you not having any anxiety at the time? Sometimes being low in iron too can cause stuff like this.
    Well done riv! Nelle you do seem lucky with such a laid back boy but they do say that babies pick up on parents attitude and well you seem casual and easygoing too?
    Ok operation clean up house today but first the kids breakfast!

Oh Meg, good luck today, keep yourself busy and before long you'll be home again. I bet J will do fine.

AnnaT, good luck for you too, first day on your own. Try not let Jett sense your scaredness he might pick up the vibes. Just take each moment as it comes. If they start play up just chuck them in the pram go for a walk, that way Ripley can sleep, you all get fresh air.

Ness- Take it easy if your heart is racing. Keep up those fluids and don't over exert yourself. Oh and you were right I did have great night sleep without Df's snoring!

I am off to Luna Park today, was gonna go Healeville sanctuary but as my car is getting fixed and Df's car is a s**t box, I don't trust driving it all that way. I bet my nephew will have a ball on the rides.

Meg.. honey call them every hour if you need to. I went to the local child care centre to see what its all about in enrolling Jesse this year so he has time away when bubs arrives. I was almost crying while i was there and i hadnt even booked him in yet. They were trying to get me to book him in starting January. Once i got home i just couldnt do it. Ill have to reconsider come May or something but i dont know if ill even be able to let him go then. So it is very brave and strong of you for what you are doing. Oh hun that is absolutely wonderful news about your friend!!! I bet they are so thrilled.

Jodi.. oh cool. Yeh i think we'll wait a few weeks or months before we'll put Jesse in the new room altogether. The room is at the back of the house and gets the sun in the afternoon, so will wait out summer. I think it will be fine if we keep the door open and the aircon goes in there but yeh think we'll just wait. Dont think hes ready for a big bed right yet either, we still have a few months to play with. Wow these kids are growing up too fast arent they!!

Good luck today Chrissy with your scan!!

Good luck today Meg! I agree with everyone else, its us that have the issues with daycare not the kids. Jett goes once a week for 5hrs and loves it. He's always glad to see me at pickup time but has a ball while he's there. Does them wonders to be around other kids AND gain some independence from Mum and Dad. Ring them if you want to, theyre used to concerned parents and will happily reassure you that he's doing fine

Good luck today Chrissy!

Jodi, meant to say before that I love the name you have picked, goes lovely with Nina

*Nessa* Guest

caddie- going through alot of anxiety atm, but it should be sorted out very soon.

Meg- good luck today hun

Annat- you will be ok, remember we are here if you need us.

Shell- at least you will be well rested!!

Goodluck Chrissy! - any news yet???? thinking of you.

MEG - first day of work hope it goes well.

nessa - hopefully what it is you're going through is sorted out soon. Try and look after bubba too.

wow belle, 11 weeks already!! How are you feeling?

How's your first day alone going anna?

maz - how are you going, one more sleep to go!

We just got back from swimming lessons, first one in about a month. Nina loved it, and is sound asleep now. I really should be doing some housework, but just couldn't be bothered. It's raining here now, so temp has dropped heaps. For once I don't even have the a/c on for Nina while she sleeps.

Send some of that rain down here please Jodi? Its so hot I cant stand it and Im trying to be good about not running the a/c constantly because of Ripley.

So Im still alive and so are both the kids Jett was good up until about 20min ago when he pulled all the DVDs out of the cupboard (how he got the door open I dont know?) and then got stuck BEHIND the comp desk and made the comp go haywire..........all while I was in the middle of feeding Ripley. Not one toy or food could distract him from being a devil child. Guess Im going to have to trap him in the highchair during feeds for awhile. Other than that he's just been following me around while I do things saying "Mummy mummy mummy". He's asleep now, hopefully til 1pm. Rips is asleep as well (in his bassinette instead of the swing, shock horror!) so I guess I *should* be too but Im so enjoying peace and quiet. Breastfeeding is still going great, he feeds like a champ and usually will only doze off during the night with nipple in mouth which means he sleeps in bed with us I said Id never do it but I just dont care anymore as long as I get some sleep.

Nelle, did you ever take a belly pic for us to check out???

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast