Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #89

Default Babies Born September 2006 #89

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    MistyFying - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found here

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

*Nessa* Guest

Well I just bit the bullet and enrolled Annika at daycare with Teleah on tuesday. Annika loves going there when we pick up Teleah or when we drop her off and never wants to leave. So i decided she was going to start soon anyway why not now.
    I pick up the enrolement forms tomorrow. and she may start next week or the week after.

Hmm will be nice to have some me time and be able to get bubs stuff organised but i am still a bit sad. Ok well I am sure her face will tell me i have done the right thing when i drop her off. She will be so excited!!

Ness- If she loves it there it sounds like a good idea, plus she has her big sister around too!

Meg- So besides tha fact of having to leave J when you go to work are you actually enjoying the job? You settling into it ok?

Kell- ikwym, its weird sometimes when you really think about how there is an actual life growing there inside of you.

I get couple hours off tomor morn, friend of Df's is going to look after Ash while I go shopping, going to go get fitted for my new sexy non maternity bras. I only have one at the moment as all the rest I threw out cause they were in desperate need of replacement.

*Nessa* Guest

Gosh i am getting so nervous and excited!!!!

17hrs til flavour!!!

eeekkk

We are taking the girls with us as well, Teleah is going to love it

Lol, you are funny Ness. We can see how excited you are! I can't wait too.

Mmmmmm I still dont wear my sexy bras often, the maternity ones are much more comfy, unless I need some lift and cleavage.LOL.

Goodluck tomorrow Ness.

So these dvd's you are talking about is it just pics on them or moving pics. We get a dvd of every ultrasound with pics as a norm down here.

Love

Goodluck today Nessa!!!!

GOOD LUCK TODAY NESSA!!!!!

Helen.. the dvd is of the whole scan. Like what you see during it on the tv is what you get on the dvd. So you see the baby moving around etc. Theres no sound to it just the video of it.

Lol im still wearing maternity bras since Jesse. Well my white one isnt cos the white one i had just wasnt that great but i always wear my black one that is. So much more comfy. I need some new ones though.
    Ohh! Had some bizarre dreams last night.. first one was i was an actor and was at this convension with all these other actors and on my schedual i had a Tim Tam commercial to do in the morning and a movie in the afternoon. Anyways, at the very start i ran into Brad Pitt (im not really a fan of Brad Pitt at all!).. and anyways we hooked up! Lmao.. lets just say hes the worst kisser in the world! pmsl!!!! But yeh we were on all the headlines too haha oh dear....
    The next one was about the Bon Jovi concert on Monday! woohoo! Anyways.. see im a big fan of Richie Sambora, the guitarist, and he came down in the croud in the middle of a song while still singing etc to have a picture taken with me, but my friend Chelsea couldnt work my camera so they had to stop the song until she got the gist of it.. lol i just thought that was funny.
    Ohhh the things you dream while pregnant!
    Last edited by ShootingStar; January 16th, 2008 at 07:13 AM. Reason: my dreams

goodluck today Nessa OLV~*OLV~*OLV for ya

Helen sorry I didn't offer :hugs: int he last thread I kept meaning too then something would happen I hope everything soughts itself out

hey to everyone else

Meg hope work and childcare is going ok

well I think I have this sleep issues licked popped him to bed after he fell asleep in lounge, that my next issue to resolve but 1 step at a time, that was around 9.30pm he woke briefly but I said nigh nigh love and he went back to sleep it tried it on at 12.30am so I went in gave him little hug over cot edge did not pick him up, said ok lay down mister its sleep time he lay down let out a few cries I said mummy is right here but its sleep time he did those little sobbing sounds but not a peep till 6am *yawn* but brought him into our bed, we decided 6am times he can come in just not earlier etc, and we slept till 8am

ETA :: quick question Jack is going thru this food refusal stage anyway he was content to eat his egg whites for breakie or toast but he refused both today so I tried some cereal with milk no go, but he is happy to munch down dry nutri grain or honey oats (for kids) is this ok, he loves them ????
    Last edited by Rach75; January 16th, 2008 at 08:51 AM. Reason: forgot question

*Nessa* Guest

Thanks girls!! I am so excited.

Rang and confirmed appointment, everything is good to go. Teleah is really excited too.

4 hrs til flavour finding!!!

hope bubs behaves today nessa

All the best today Nessa!!!

Rach - some times all Alexander will eat is nutri-grain! he is a very fussy eater.. but lately he has discovered a new enjoyment of feta cheese! so we are just trying a while heap of new things to get him interested in eating again..

thanks Annie, I jus wasn't sure if eating it dry was ok ???

Jack who rarely will eat meat devoured fajita seasoned steak last night he actually ate more meat than Jase and I both had he is in a foul mood today though whats up he wont eat he isn't wet/pooey not thirsty just whingy *sigh*

we gave alexander taco mince the other night and he LOVED it.

Goodluck ness!!!!

Ooh Ness, not long now!!!

Kell, I was pmsl reading bout your dreams! lmao at them stopping the concert just so you could get a pic!

The first dvd we got of our u/s actually had all us talking so you could hear the guy saying what was what, was really good, yet in the next one it didn't and we went to same place? Maybe he just left microphone on or something first time round.

Rach, If he is being fussy prolly good to just let him eat whatever (that still has some nutritional content) I suppose better to have dry cereal than nothing at all. Like Annie said just try new things with him, see what he likes.

Well didn't get my new bras. i didn't think the lady was too helpful, i said I wanted to get fitted thinking they'd measure me up like they always do and she says go find something you like and we'll see if it fits properly. And I'm like well I don't know what size I am thats why I want to get fitted cause I stopped BFing recently and then I was told that I'd be wasting my time cause I need to wait 3 months cause my breasts will change size. Personally i don't think they are going to cause I was only down to 1 feed for awhile and really didn't have much milk towards the end but anyways I wasn't going to argue, going elsewhere next time.
    So got my haircut instaed, nothing major just few inches off and layered round my face, looks nice.

Ooow wonder how Ness is going, she'd be in there now.

Shell.. oh nice on the hair cut!! Always nice to have a trim.

I couldn't remember if it was 2pm our time or her time. She should be asking the staff there to use their computer just so she can come straight on and tell us! Lol.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast