Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #9

Default Babies Born September 2006 #9

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in September 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

September '06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

Forum Name: Rikki
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 1 Sept 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight -3.3 kilos 7 lb 6 / Length -51cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Ainsleigh Ann
    Baby's Website: http://www.babysites.com/sites/babypassi/
    Health Concerns: Gestational Diabetes so had to have an elective caesarean at 38 1/2 weeks.

Forum Name: Maz
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 2 Sept 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 lb 1 / Length -56cm
    Baby's Name: Vyolett Rosemarie Elizabeth
    Health Concerns: Was booked in for an elective c/s on the 5th as prior two pg's had been emergency and pre booked c/s.
    Early labour stopped on the 24th of August and labour began on 2nd September ending with emergency c/s again.
    Had GD and extremely bad M/S to the point that I lost 20kg for the pg.

Forum Name: *Belle*
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 15 September 2006
    Baby Stats: length 52cm, HC 35cm, weight 3390g
    Baby's Name: Julia Zora
    Baby Website: http://www.totsites.com/tot/juliaz
    Health Concerns: none
    Notes: Induced at 41 weeks and after 36hours of labour, had emergency c/s
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Little Princess (Anna)
    Baby's DOB: 16 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight -4.270 kilos or 9 lb 6oz Length -54.5cm Head Circ -37cm
    Gender of Baby: MALE
    Baby's Name: Alexander Ryan
    Baby's Website: Working on it!
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: Breastfeeding

Forum Name: Magic (Sheree)
    Baby's DOB: 21 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.3kg - Length 51cm - Head Circ - 31cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Mitchell James
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: IVF veteran, DS is a natural miracle

Forum Name: Chrissy
    Baby's DOB: 21 sept 06,2.24pm
    Baby Stats: 8lb 9oz, 52cm
    Baby's Name: Caitlyn Anne
    Baby Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Induced at 38 week, due to mum in agony with her pregnancy, and fast previous deliverys, 5 hour labour, was told the day before i only i have a small baby in there, was i bit shocked by her weight!
    __________________________________________________ _

Forum Name: aboll
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 24 Sept 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3.3kg - Length 51cm - Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Riley
    Baby's Website:
    Notes: My pregnancy was induced at 40.4 weeks and 4hrs and 44min later riley was welcomed into the world! So far Riley is an angel he doesnt cry very much and is sleepy really well.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Rach75
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 25th September 2006 8.40am
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3985grms 8lbs 12.5 oz Length - 50cm Head Circ - 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: Jack Robert
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    was not breathing at birth took 10 mins for Jack to come good besides jaundice he seems to have no residual affect from his birth
    Notes: after schedualed c-sect and then RFDS flight from Rockhampton to Townsville as no speical care beds available, we tried induction, on the 25th was 1cm dilated and Jack was in distress so emergency c-sect, his apgar scores were not great 3 at birth, 6 at 5min and 8 at 10min
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Forum Name: AnnaT
    Baby's DOB: 26th Sept
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 6lb 8oz Length - 48cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Baby's Name: Jett Ryan Andrew
    Baby's Website: http://www.babycrowd.com/jr/online/annalou/welcome.html
    Notes: Labour induced with syntocin/ARM due to high bp, 3 hours long, no drugs or tearing.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Forum Name: Nelle
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: September 27th
    Baby's Stats: weight 9lb 4oz, length 52cm
    Gender of Baby: boy
    Baby's Name: River Jude
    Baby's Website: check my profile, if I ever get around to it.
    Health Concerns: often in danger of being thrown out a window...may be addicted to fists.
    Notes: 11hr labour on due date, drug free waterbirth, had 2nd degree tears and during the stitches had gas...which made me feel like I was in a Chemical Brothers song...so cool.

Forum Name: Skyelar (Lea)
    Baby's DOB: 27th September 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7lb 6oz Length 48cm Head Circ
    35cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Asha Reyne
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/icsipixie/
    __________________________________________________ _

Forum Name: Merrie
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 30/09/2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight 7 pounds 9 - Length - 50 cm Head Circ - 36cm
    Baby's Name: Harriet Elodie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by Trillian; November 3rd, 2006 at 07:53 AM.

You old thread can be found HERE.

ChrissyT, did you post your details for Paige in the thread or did you email them to a mod? Sometimes we miss them if they are just posted in your buddies thread.

Also to those waiting on Avatar updates, Kathryn is really flat out ATM and she will get to it as soon as she can. Rest assured that if you emailed her about the changes you want, she will have got it.

GOLD!!!

Morning ladies.....to the WA gals I'm in Warwick

Thanks re the ice pack idea, I went onto the ABA site and they also recommended it before the feeding.....

bbl.....

I swear to god that Boo has a homing devise hocked up to this computer. EVerytime I get on she starts crying.
    Rach - I had a c/s and it took 8 weeks for me to get AF and she's a ba'rtch! Depend but if you breastfeed, bottle or took th epill straight away.

Caddie - Thanks for your words mate. I hope to hell you dont get sick. Big hugs for ya hon.

Nelle - thanks for opening my eyes for me about talking to Jed. I didn't want to burbden him cause his work is so full on at the moment and he suffered PN when we had the boys. Goiing to ring up our social worker for Wilhelm and see what she can arrange. I feel that (And so does jed) that maybe its finally come to a head for me with WIlhelm and everything....we'll see but I am defently getting help

Helen - its often the little things that help us. Like knowing that theirs other's around that we may never meet face to face but having them there thinking of us like their our family. Hopefully one day we can all meet up and have a proper group hug.

Anna** - did Xander get himself to this sleepin routine himself or did you help? Vyolett goes down at 8pm the latest but right on que wakes at 2.30. We've been thinking about waking her at 10-10.30 to try and block out the 2.30am wake up. i think its wonderful that he's sleep through anyway. Bles shim, he loves his mummy.

Merrie - I lost my post yesterday that was full of personals. Ahh it $hits ya. GReat to hear from ya any way.

Belle were the hell are you?

Hello to eveyone else. I hope your all doing well and that your little darlings are smiling happily for you all.

Wilhelm has his final screening for his autisum assesment tomorrow. 4 friggen hours. I think that all this with him has bought on me feeling like [email protected] Im so over it all. Feeling really teary today. AAhh them's the brakes.
    Chat later
    xxmaz

Big hugs to you MAZ !!! fingers crossed that tomorrow Wilhelm's assesment goes well.. xoxox

ive been a slack b**ch lately.......just a short post.....there she goes again.......sh*t

nelle, i got my baby bonus exactualy a week after i put my form in, she was born on thursday, form in friday, and paid the next friday......very quick for me

maz, thinkinbg of you mate, all the best..........she is screaming now so i best be off

love you all

belle, im gonna email you when i get a chance.

Just out of curiosity for those BFing, how do you feel about doing it in public? I still am shy about this and haven't had the need yet, only time I have in public was at the baby expo which didn't worry me cause everyone was doing it. But i do worry that people will stare and that I will feel uncomfortable, how do others go?

ShellBell - I don't give a rats anymore about BF'ing in public... I was a little shy at first, but now I really don't care who sees me feeding my child. I do however try to utilise parent rooms where possible, but if they aren't available or clean enough for my liking, I'll feed him wherever.

Maz - Xander just seems to have fallen into this routine himself... I am just such an anti-routine kinda girl so never thought to try to get him into one, just kinda went with the flow IFYWIM? He does however feed HEAPS during the day, I figure he is stock-piling so to speak and only cat naps during the day time. Sometimes he does still wake at 2.30am, but it's about 50/50 now (or maybe I just sleep through the wailing on the monitor? dunno). Good luck tomorrow with Wilhelm!

Nelle - I got my bonus pretty quickly too, not much longer than a week here either.

Sheree - YAY! Another NOR river girl!

Better go hang the washing out whilst the little man is taking a quick snooze... catch ya's chickees.

Oh, I forgot to add... my little piglet now weighs in at a rather errrm healthy 5.91kgs! hehe.

not much sleep happening for me.I have to make myself sleep at 730-8pm to get ready for the night.Last night ruby had her feed at 7pm woke at 11pm for the next and then again at 230am.She then woke again at 415am with farts and was given water.That didnt work so another feed at 5am and she went to sleep till 730am and another drink.I hve a cold so im grumpy.
    My sister found a lump in her breast today so i went with her to drs.He thinks it will be nothing but our granny died of breast cancer at 45yrs.So another worry until she has u/s.
    We cheered ourselves by going to a new scrapbook shop and spent $100!
    My child hasnt slept much today too.She is sucking on her hands alot lately,i wonder if this is due to feeding or teeth?
    Belle? hope u okay.

hey girls,

well today was a crap all i got done was the medicare thing. i had to take akira to the dr's as she has a sore eye which started up today. ahhh this kid has been sick so much this year hopefully she has a better run next year.

caddie - sounds like your having a bad run this week with ruby. hope to feel better soon try and rest as much as you.

well later girls going to pin akira down for another lot of eye drops to go in her eye.

later

Adele

maz- good luck tomorrow.

ETA: Okay...well this is a really long post...mum always said I had verbal diarrhea...guess that translates to my typing! So sorry, I'll bold the topic for each paragraph, so you can skip what you're not interested in, okay?

LOL well I think the confusion is over...I just called the family assistance office and quoted the number and she was like um I think you said the number wrong, this number's for a single gentleman...and I said is it Randall and she said yes and I said well that's my husband
    I guess he's accidentally put unmarried on his form, silly git.
    Well, I couldn't give them our bank account details yet anyway, cos our claim hasn't been processed yet - hurry up medicare, I want to go shopping!!

Speaking of shopping, I did go and spend the coles myer card Kmart have a toy sale on now, so I got the carry around play mat (catalogue page 28) for when we visit friends and cos it's easy to pack up for home too. And I got the Fisher Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium (page 2), cos it's $30 off and not my money anyway! He seems to like it.
    Though it won't go in the cradle, cos it's waaay too chunky for a little bed. So I've slightly rearranged and put it on a small table so he can see it.

Soo glad I got out today though, I think I was getting cabin fever or something..
    And River's cold seems (I hope!) to be getting better. We'll see...I am like the saline drops/aspirator/euky bearub/cot elevation nazi!!

But enough about me.

Owww Caddie, hope you recover quickly from your cold! And hope your sister turns out to be just fine (on a probably not helpful note, I read the other day that breast cancer survival rates are the best they've ever been...praying it's just a cyst or some other harmless thing).

Congrats to those who had a good nights sleep last night! Mine was pretty crap, was up from 2 - 4:30, feeding changing and watching him..he spuked up some really thick mucous so I don't know...guess that was the sort of thing he choked on...made me a bit nervous...just couldn't sleep. Here's to a great sleep for me, Caddie, and anyone else who lost out on a good sleep last night!

Wow on Xander's weight Anna! You must be doing something right.

Shell, I try and find a parents room, I fed during our church's annual general meeting (soooo boring) but I went right up the back. I've got mates who feed wherever at church, but River doesn't help my modesty too much, one minute he's feeding and then whammo, he pulls off and arches his back and I'm too busy trying to stop him from falling off my lap to cover my boob! We're getting better though. I fed at the expo too, if you can't feed in public there, well where can you feed!
    I imagine feeding would be less uncomfortable if you had someone with you too...just cos you could chat with them instead of thinking 'where do I look..if I make eye contact with anyone will they look at my boobs?'

All the best with tomorrow Maz, maybe plan a little treat for yourself to look fwd to? Even if it's just a frosty fruit or a frozen coke. Or fish and chips and a movie...hmm..might call Rans and see if he has any money...yum...

About the Krispy Kremes Sharle, apparently they're the best just freshly made. Not sure if they're worth ALL the hype, but they are pretty good, you can see why people get fat on them cos they don't taste all heavy and doughy like donuts can, so they're very more-ish. They're kinda fluffy-ish. Maybe not worth driving 45 mins to get (though they are on the way to the In-laws!) but if there was one locally I'm sure I'd get them more often.

Shell - do you live near Chadstone? What suburb? (I promise not to stalk you) Krispy Kremes openings can be pretty hectic, when Rans and I got them from Fountain Gate, it was a few months after they opened and I reckon he still lined up for over 30mins!

Hope your headache got better Merrie. Do you ever get called Mez? I always go to call you Mez...not sure why.

Helen - glad you popped in! ETA: Lol Adele at pinning Akira down, hope that went well!!

Yay just got on to Rans and guess who's having fish & chips for tea tonight! It's definitely fish & chip weather here in Melbourne - can I hear an amen to that, Melb girls?
    A big hello to those I haven't mentioned, and if you're feeling neglected by me, let me know and I'll make the effort to not forget you next time! It's just so hard to personal to everyone and I'm worried I'm missing the same people time and time again!

Take care lovelies! xo (And babies - sleep well!!)
    Last edited by Nelle; November 2nd, 2006 at 04:42 PM.

Maz as far as AF am not breastfeeding which is why I asked when people got AF, I am scared as we had so many oopsies LOL, it would be my luck after needing clomid to fall pg we would fall naturally with oopsies

well we had a nice day jase played hookie again :eek: and we went to Biloela (64kms) to do some shopping man there are some good clearances on at present Jase got a pair of real nice dress pants from target for $5 down from $35 *how do they do it* I got a singlet top from millers down from $20 to $5 bargains

Nelle- i live in East Brighton so not far from Chadstone, I think its about a 15 min drive for me to get there depending on the traffic.
    thats true bout the BFing, i wouldn't feel so shy if someone was with me.
    I'll have to make sure Df comes out with me!

caddie- Hope the lump turns out to be nothing. most likely it will be nothing but its better to get these things checked. My friend had a blocked milk duct in one of her boobs and they did an ultrasound on both and lucky they did cause she has a lumo in the non blocked boob, she's gotta go have it biopsied.

Anna** and Sharleen- good to hear your bubs are fattening up!

Adele- i hope Akira gets over all these illnesses very soon, you must be so tired, rest up if you can.

Maz - Just wanted to give you a (((hug))) and wish you all the best for tomorrows appointment!!

charli, you're confusing me too much with that name! I thought we had another newbie lol
    mums definitely deserve to be spoilt!

good luck for tomorrow maz

nelle - I'm very offended that you missed me!! :mad: nah ... just kidding

I thought that we should have a little 'getting to know you' thingy in here. I'm sure a few of you 'due in September' girls already know each other well, but there's so many newbies and I'm interested to know more about each and every one of you. I'll start off.

I'm Jodi married to Heath for one year. We've been together for 4 years. Our first bub Nina was born on our first wedding anniversary! We live in Cairns. I've been here for 6 years now. Previously from Sunshine Coast. Also from Bundaberg, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Emerald and Brisbane (for those who know Qld) We have 2 properties, a house which we live in, and a unit as investment and have 2 gorgeous border collies. We plan on having 2 kiddies.

I think that's enough about me for now. Hopefully you girls don't mind sharing too.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast