Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #94

shell - I agree with you 100% on this one. No adult should be looking after a baby/child while they are under the influence. He needs some serious talking to, and 3 firm smacks from all of us here!

Oh big hugs Shell, I agree, NOT an option!! Definitely a well earned slap.

That's pretty cute Jodi. How lovely.

Kell, that's cool that you're going to the Royal Easter Show for free! Seeing the animals sounds fun!

Been trying to clean the house today, the inlaws are popping in tomorrow. STILL haven't packed my labour bag. Trying not to worry about it. As Rans points out, I've got a list, and I didn't use anything from the bag last time straight away anyway, just stripped off and birthed in the bath, so if I go before the bag's packed, we'll just get mum to pack from the list.

*Nessa* Guest

Shell- naughty DF. i really hope he listens to you and doesnt pull that again.

well i have just realised the time, been sewing and snapping covers for the baby and didnt realise how late it was.

So im off to bed.

PS jodi very cute

Jodi.. oh how cute! Shes turning into a little mummy already! She is going to just love and adore her little sister!

Shell.. oh dear! Smack for him! Not good at all!

Nelle.. oh wow its getting so close isnt it when you have to start thinking about packing your labour bag! How exciting!

*Nessa* Guest

well my DH managed to top your DF last night Shell!!! Guess who lost his drivers license!!!!! yep right before i am due.

so im going to go yell and scream more into my pillow

nESS - tHAT is terrible. All I can say is that getting caught is the best outcome, as the worst outcome is that he could have killed himself or someone else. You might be able to plead his case and get off to some extent as you are heavily pregnant.

Shell - I agree. No drinking excessivly while caring for a child.

I have only scanned the thread. Hope everyone is well. J is quite sick, with temps ranging in to the 40's at times. Have been up now for 2 nights. I don't know what is wrong, and being the weekend, getting in to the dr's isn't really possible in a country town. DH is home with the ambulance for work, so it is good to know that if we need to go to Melbourne, we could get there in a hurry.

Better go, I feel like I have been run over with a truck I am so tired.

God Ness, what are we meant to do with these partners of ours? I would so be yelling and screaming too. How does he expect to get to work now or get anywhere? Hope he doesn't think you're gonna be taxi driver! Hope he has good pair shoes so he can walk everywhere.

meg, thats bit of a worry, can you go to the local hospital or something? Maybe with your DH being ambo could pull some strings and get him seen to quickly?

I remember with Ash not packing my bag til last minute, didn't really use much of what I packed anyways!

My mum is over today, she is having a nap on my couch so I've jumped on here. Think Ash wore her out abit!

J is now on antibiotics. The Strawberry flavoured ones.
    Lets just hoping for a better nights' sleep tonight.

*Nessa* Guest

meg- hope you got a better nights sleep.

Well i just spoke to the courts and guess what cause he reufused a blood test (which could have brought him below disqualifaction limit) we have nothing to go on. So for hte next 6 months i am the driver.

He cant even drive me to the hospital, nothing!!! and i hope it hurts when i have to get someone else to drive us and his new daughter home from the hospital cause he was a bloody idiot.

I very much doubt i will be able to come home form the hospt today with the way my heart is thumping and i cant do anythign about it. Im trying to hard to calm down and all i can do is cry or be angry.

Oh ness, what a PITA!!! I hope he has seriously learnt his lesson here. It is definitely the worst timing. And you do not need this stress right. Try and take it easy. But if you do end up staying in hospital, then I hope you've got sufficient people to help around the house while you're not there.

How was your night meg?

Ness - It may be for the best that you have a rest in hospital. It sounds like medically you need it.

Jodi - Yes we had a better night, and I feel much better also having a good nights sleep. J slept through till about 1am, them woke for about 10 mins. I gave him Suzie bear to hug, and he went back to sleep until 7:45 this morning. So he seems to be feeling much better.

Now I am not sure if this is right, but my SIL has a 12 month old son. When he does something she thinks is inappropriate, she makes him stand in a naughty corner. Of course he doesn't understand, and he doesn't stay there, so then he gets in trouble again. I would have thought that 12 months is too young to understand the concept of a naughty corner ???

Ness- God all that drama is last thing you need right now! Hope the stress isn't pumping up your BP. If I was there I'd give him good kick in backside! Make sure you take care of yourself.

Meg- Thats great J is on the mend. Do you know what the prob was? I agree I think 12 month is quite young. We have sort of started a 'naughty step' but I don't expect Ash to stay on it at her age, its more to just remove her from whatever situation.

Hope everyone had nice weekend. I'm going into city today, meet my friend who is getting married to do more bridesmaid dress hunting. Hope weather clears up!

Ness. Where are boy's brains when they need them most huh?

Meg, yeah it does seem young, but it's so hard...cos it's not like there's a set age for understanding, you know? Like, we growl at River, and he didn't used to get it, and now sometimes you see the cogs start to turn a bit...but he still doesn't really get what the issue is sometimes - but I can't not growl if he's playing with a powerpoint or something, even if he doesn't get the issue...
    Rans and I have a policy at the moment of, the stern discipline gets saved for the dangerous stuff - powerpoints, cables, pulling things off tables, trying to muck around with the oven. The 'naughty/cheeky' stuff like pulling books from the bookcase, throwing food, eating crayons, rummaging through bins - he gets a scolding and removed from the situation.
    Although - we could easily have a naughty chair - he's got a kiddy chair, where he sits and his tiptoes touch the ground, but for some reason he thinks he's stuck there? It's sooo cute! And to help him off, Rans just has to touch his hand, and he'll hop right off. The power of the mind hey...

Riv's got quite the nappy rash at the moment, it's this stupid teething poo! And he's a stealth poo-er too, he doesn't always stink, and he doesn't let me know.
    Eurgh, heartburn. Might get off the couch.

Hope everyone's having a good day! Sorry if my posts are getting more and more confusing and rambly...feel free to skip them.

meg - I think 12 months is a little young for a naughty corner as well. They have no idea at that age what they've even done wrong. I'd be interested to hear from you if it works. Let us know can you.
    If Nina has been naughty, we do our best to explain that it's naughty to do that, or it's hot or whatever. But I know that there are times that it goes straight over her head.
    That's great that J is on the mend too.

Nina surprised me yesterday by telling me she needed to do a poo. I put her on her potty, and she did a poo in it She hasn't done it today, but one step at a time I suppose.
    She had her needles today, which went really well. She didn't cry or anything. And when the nurse was finished, Nina said and waved goodbye to her and left the room. Little Miss Independent she is!

I hate teething rashes too nelle. It must hurt them like crazy though.
    Have you packed your labour bag yet?

Ha on your little miss Independent Jodi!

Nope, haven't packed the labour bag, I *think* the plan was that Rans will help me with it tonight? I'm on the bed with the laptop trying to nap, just waiting for this heartburn to settle...I've just had another quickeze lolly, so hopefully that helps.

Have a glass of milk nelle, that always does the trick for me with heartburn.

My sil has been told her son may have MEASLES. All the symptoms but no rash.Unfortunate thing is my girls have been to see him over the weekend. The health nurse basically said if he caomes out in a rash tommorow def measles but if not a bad virus so either way
    hope my girls dont get sick.. highly unlikely but my sil has had the health dept ringing her for progress reports. fingers crossed!
    sorry no personals very busy but one thing is Ness your hubby needs a friggin slap. What a pain for you. As usual it affects the non person involved and makes there life an inconvineance.

Caddie- Shouldn't the MMR immunisation prevent your girls from getting measles? I hope they don't get sick.

Jodi- yay on clever Nina! I sat Ash on potty yesterday then she got off sat on couch and wee'd there instead!

Not much going on here, got into bit of cleaning mood so did lots of sweeping and mopping while I watched TV.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast