Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #97

Default Babies Born September 2006 #97

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in September 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is here; http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...2006-96-a.html

time for a new thread everyone - sorry I didn't do it sooner.
    Sherie, all is forgiven, because you linked to the new thread, I LOVE when Mods do that!!
    (hope everyone's okay with me forgiving the VERY naughty Sherie on our behalf )

Anyway, I'm about to hop in the spa bath, but just came to say Jodi I'm having so much fun - I came straight out of uni into motherhood, and it's great to have an 'assignment'.

thanks for not kicking my butt as for linking the new thread, I almost ALWAYS forget, as you've noticed and by the time I remember everyone has found the new one anyway.

Nelle, the relactating didnt go so well so I decided I could live with the decision to stick with formula feeding, I gave BF my best shot and Im super happy I did it for 8wks Maybe I'll go for longer next time.

So we had Jetts 18mth MCHN check up. OMG 18mths I still cant believe it He's 12.3kgs, 84cm long and his head is huge (but we can see that lol) He passed all the 18mth development steps AND the 2yo ones So she basically said keep doing what your doing, he's fabulous. Nice to get some pats on the back, us mothers dont get nearly enough credit for what we do.

Ripley got checked too because she thought he was closer to 5mths than 3mths next week He weighs 7.3kgs, is 62cm long and his head is huge lol He passed all the 4mth development steps as well so she is super impressed with him too. I forgot to mention before that he has bronchiolitis atm poor thing is rattling and coughing all over the place and now IVE got it too GP thinks Rips has asthma though so we have to have both boys checked (when Rips is 12mths) because I had it badly as a kid and it still pops up every now and then.

Anyyyyyyyyone thinking about 2nd birthdays already? Jett probably wont get a party this year because we wont know anyone well enough If he did have one it would be a pirate theme.

Winters on it way down here, its freakin cold this morning. My heater is out and running *sigh* Bring on Townsville

Gisborne is COLD here today too. We have lit the log fire! We are lucky as my FIL is a tree loper so we get free wood!!!

Nessa is going good.. well as good as you can be with someone who doesnt give a rats about anyone else in your hospital room!!! Last thing you want when youve just gone through labour and are getting aquainted with your new little bubba, is to have someone bring in their 7+ friends and relatives in during rest periods and talk at the top of their lungs and continue to slam things etc! Some people are just so inconsiderate!
    But anyways.. Millana is doing well. Seems to be feeding well and loving lots of cuddles from mummy. Nessa is still in awe that she is here and is so tiny! Scarey how fast they grow up!
    They should be coming home today sometime.

Still sick. I have only had 4 tablepoons of mashed spud in 21/2days. I am so weak and tired.I am so hoping it goes today or when i go to sleep tonight,whola in the morning gone.
    Jodi i managed to send your canvas and door hanger this morning.I will Pm you as well for final details and a favour.
    Annat thats so great on your boys milestones.Well done.
    Ambz,i cant help but my thoughts are with you and some of the girls here have had great ideas.
    Nelle,hoping you will have your bubba soon!!!

mum3girls Guest

Hey everyone!

Umm, can't remember what everyone wrote in the last thread - will go back and do more personals when I have more time.

AnnaT - I've had a couple of ideas in mind for Ambah's party for awhile now, it's either going to be a teddy bear's picnic or be a fairy party. At the moment I'm leaning towards teddy bear picnic and do the fairy party next year. That's so exciting you're moving to Townsville!!!
    Oh and wtg on the 8 weeks breastfeeding

Meg - You should come up here for a visit - it's pretty warm up here - I think it's something like 31/32 degrees at the moment.

Jodi - Hope all's ok with you and bubby.

Nelle - Good luck with the next week or so

Ambz - :hugs:

Ah thats right mum3girls, your up that way arent you? 32deg sounds good to me about now, its 15 deg here I think your party theme's sound awesome!

Kell, tell Ness Im thinking of her and cant wait to see more pics of Princess Millana

Decided to start Tony Ferguson tomorrow to ditch these last 5-7kgs. WW just isnt doing the job this time and I refuse to have another baby until Ive atleast gotten myself into semi-decent shape muscles/fat wise. Ive also vowed to start walking for atleast 1/2hr every day once we're in Townsville as I will have no excuse ie weather/being stuck out in the bush. I really cant complain about feeling chunky and unattractive when Im not getting off my butt to do anything about it. Now if only there was a program to lose stretch marks

Caddie - I hope you get better soon matie, you poor chicken, if I lived closer Id nknick those 2 delishes girls from you for a day so you could get some rest.
    OMG AnnaT - Mat is such a small bugger compared to Ripley...he's only 4.7kg and has only just started wearing 000
    Kell - thanks for keeping us on the ball abot Ness hon....Im surprised Ness didint let rip at her 'room mate' I friggen would have..what a cow.
    Ambz - big hugs matie, try and stay positive for yourself and go to you MCN and ask for her help if you need it..there are respite services available through local councils....you could always ask.
    Jodi - how are you today hon?
    hello veryone else - Mauw to you all!!!!

Vy is being a turd and wont sleep through the day anymore. Ive shut her bedroom door and she's kicking and punching it, screaming and yelling at me but I cant give in. She needs a sleep or she'll wake through the night. I hate doing this to her but Ive gotta do it. As for mateauz - ahh he's such a good boy. I feed him at 10 last night and he woke me at 7.15 this morning with a huge smile. I am so loving BF its not funny and I dont think I ever want to stop. Thank you all girls yet again for all your wonderful help, advice and positive imputs for all us new mums (again). Now if you could only help me to lose this spear tire that has fixed itselfs to my tummy I would be for ever greatful

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    Now if you could only help me to lose this spear tire that has fixed itselfs to my tummy I would be for ever greatful
    How about a tyre swing Maz? Have you got a good tree in the backyard somewhere?

I got to meet Shell today. It was kidlet free though, so next time we are going to bring the kiddies!
    It was great to see you Shell!

Maz your such a gorgous looking girl,please dont worry too much about your weight.Im sure it will come off in good time.I would love you to have my girls!!
    Annat my millana only weighs 13kgs. Your jett star must be a big boy! Sometimes i think i should test millana for my coliacs as she has stayed the same weight forever now!
    Ness,how rude.They did that to me with ruby.Was not impressed.And then she left the next morn and i thought bliss but no another lady at midnight!!! She was lovely but her baby cried all the time.I felt so sorry for her.lol Ruby slept because she was so small.Cant wait to see more pics.I treid to explain to millana someone else had a little baby called millana.I dont think she quite got it.lol

Caddie - Are you feeling any better?
    J weight 13 kgs!!

I wouldnt worry Cads, I bet Jett isnt much bigger in another year. The MCHN reckons some kids gain weight quickly in the first 2yrs and then plateau for years afterwards until close to puberty. Others are tiny for the first few years then suddenly shoot up/out and catch up with the rest

maz - I've done a 'poor me' post in my journal, you'll know where to find it. Not a good day today. I'm over it all.

caddie - thanks so much, I've Pm'd you back.

annat - 31 today here too. You're gonna love Townsville weather if you like the heat. Something I forgot to mention in the email was sport. Since you're gonna be a North Queenslander, you MUST go for the cowboys, you do realise that don't you And when we go to Townsville to watch a game, you guys HAVE TO come along too!!!

Gotta run, dinner burning

I just wrote big post and lost it, now have to rewrite if I remember.

Meg, was great to meet you today. I wish you stilled lived in Altona Nth so we could catch up more often. J and Ash will love each other when we all catch up.

Ambz- Hows everything going with Tia? Hope you are getting some rest. Its graet you've got your mum for that support. Don't be hard on yourself over it all. You sound like you are doing great job with both your girls and hopefully those meds will kick in soon, so hard when they can't tell us whats wrong.

Maz- Good luck with getting Vy to sleep in the day, stick with it and I'm sure she'll give in eventually, she sounds very stubborn! She knows what she does and doesn't want. I'm so glad Bfing is going so well, its best thing in the world.

Laurin- Have you tested again? You popped in my head yesterday and thought I'd better see how everything is going.

Caddie- Hope that gastro has settled, Aaron take good care of you? If not send it onto him!

Poor Ness dealing with that. I was lucky with Ash the girl next to me was pretty quiet, thats downside going public is room sharing but private just way too expensive. Bet shes glad to get home to her own place.

Helen- Hope everything is going okay with you.

Hey girls

Well it is Rylee's first day at Child Care today, I have booked her in to go on a Friday, but thinking about saying goodbye to her this morning makes me all teary, hope it goes well.

Caddie - how are you feeling, you poor thing, any better?

Meg & Shell - great you guys got to catch up, Meg are you anywhere near Mt Macedon as I will be going out that way to see a friend soon. Shell - see my ticker.......I did another couple of tests (well 6..)...

Maz - yep, I agree with Shell keep persisting with Vy and her day sleeps, it is hard for you if they don't have a sleep during the day.

Nelle - we are waiting for some exciting news from you.

Ness - bummer on your room mate - some people are just so ignorant aren't they!!!!

Okay better go. BBL
    Laurin

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast