Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #97

Jodi - havn't got tough with her yet - maybe tonight - I'm hopeless - just because it is easier to grab her and put her in bed with me, than listen to carry on and keep waking up and me going in there to settle her...but it has to be done that is for sure.

JOdi-Make sure you take it easy if you can, it really does sound like she wants out. Our summer's are hit and miss, we have some hot ones and then some mild ones, but definantly cooler than you guys.

Laurin-Have you got a blow up bed or spare bed that you can put next to hers to lay on in her room, to get her used to sleeping in there and then gradually move yourself out of there so that she is just missing you instead of you and your big bed? Also a glow in the dark care-bear might help, we found it worked wonders for Bella and in the end she wouldnt go to bed without it. We made a big deal of this special care-bear and special bed, goodluck with it all.

Eithan is still playing up in bed. Does anyone else still have a baby (toddler now!) who doesnt sleep through yet, because I am still getting up to Eithan numerous times.

Love

laurin - I don't really have any advice to give, but hopefully it'll be smooth sailing for you when you get started with her.

helen - Nina is hit and miss with her sleeping. She'll sleep 14 hours straight some nights, then other nights she'll wake once, twice, sometimes three times at night. The times she does wake, it's easy to get her back to sleep though.
    It must be a night for partying, Nina is currently singing in bed. I can hear her from the lounge room. She didn't go to bed till around 9'ish, which is an hour later than usual. She was just really happy playing and making a mess of the house tonight.

Jodi-I hope that Nina ended up going to sleep ok, Eithan did, but he grizzled on and off all night.

Eithan woke at 6:45 so not bad considering we put our clocks back.

Well we are off to an Autumn festival today, so really looking forward to that.

Hope you all have a great Sunday.

Love

Yeah this DLS business I don't like. Feels wrong waking before 7.

Thanks for your thoughts yesterday girls, and for your PM laurin.
    Caddie- what you said is what I think, he did this few years back started drinking more cause he was depressed but he is the type of guy who won't talk or express how he feels, he thinks showing emotion isn't 'manly' think was the way he was brought up. So he just bottles evrything up and uses alcohol to deal. Drives me nuts. I try talk but he'll just say everything is fine and hes ok.

Hi Shell- Maybe DF needs to jump in the Ambulance with my hubby for a night to see what Excessive drinking can do to you. I really feel for you ATM. I am lucky that alcohol has never been an issue. but workig in Brain Injury, I have seen what can happen long term. If you ever need to get away for a break, there is always a bed here for you and Ash.

J slept till 6:45 this am. Also a good effort considering the change.

Jodi - Hoe Nina went to sleep.

HelenP - I have been lucky that J has basically slept through since 13 weeks. There have been the odd weeks here or there. Lets see if I will be saying the same thing after returning with a jetlagged child!!!

Belle - How are you going? You haven't posted for a while.

Off to my mums in a min.

Hi to everyone else.

Ive had another m/c Im ok though, I kind of expected it. We're still going to TTC now so onwards and upwards I say - clomid here we come again.

I am very sorry that this little bubba didn't make it. Take care
    xxx

Aww AnnaT I am so sorry hun...take care and look after yourself, thinking of you .

Laurin xxx

Ohh no good Annat. All the best as you ttc in the future, and take some time out for yourself hey.

How's everyone's weekend gone? Mine's been pretty good, starting to find my groove. Trying not to freak out at the thought of being on my own with both boys for the first time tomorrow...deep breaths.
    Mum said all I need to aim for is to feed Riv, Silas and myself. That's all I need to achieve. So hopefully I can do that.

AnnaT-Huge hugs sweety. All the best for TTC and clomid.

Nelle-I think that is a good aim.

Love

AnnaT- I'm really sorry to hear bout the m/c. How you coping with it?

Morning girls,

Wishing you a wonderful day, the sun is out here (well in Mt Eliza) Yay.

Nelle - your Mum is so right, you only have to do the very very basics - ie, just getting everyone fed - don't worry about anything else, the first day when DH/DP's go back work, etc is pretty daunting so take it easy.

AnnaT - how are you going hun?

Hi to everyone else

Laurin x

Im ok, just in a bit of pain. Its a bit easier to cope with this time because I know how to avoid it happening next time but I just feel so stupid for even thinking that it might stick on its own

AnnaT- I'm sure you've said in the past but what causes them not to stick? Does the clomid help them stick or you do something else?

Nelle- How you going first day on your own? I hope both boys are being on there best behavior to make things easier for you.

Meg- I just might have to send Df out in the ambulance with your Dh. Couple years ago Df broke his leg quite badly when drinking and that did scare him for quite a while, he admitted he realises he's not invincible.

We're having issues with end DLS, Ash is just in such bad mood cause she is going to bed later but not sleeping later and day sleep also been pushed back too so everything is making her grumpy. At least cause she is tired she'll take her day sleep!

I have a problem called "Corpus Luteum insufficiency' where the corpus luteum cyst that forms after ovulation to keep the embryo sustained until the placenta kicks in at 10-12wks bursts prematurely and so I end up miscarrying as there is not enough hormone to keep it going. The clomid boosts my hormones enough that it survives til 12wks. Apparently it can be the common cause of miscarriage.

Bummer about the daylight savings troubles Shell. This morning Rans heard Riv awake when he got up, so he just put a toy in his cot and he was good for another hour or so.

We're doing okay today, not really getting much done, but we've all had breakfast so that's progress! Riv's being quite the brat today, but that's okay. He's catching on to the fact that mum's a bit incapacitated while breastfeeding, so that's when he goes for the xbox. :rolleyes
    He might need a nap soon actually...

Hope everyone's having a good day.

Sorry for your loss annat.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast