Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #18

anyoneeeeeeee???

i think its traditionally the bottom two that are first.. they do have an order but i dnt really know it lol though some babies differ from that order..
    Asha had a tummy bug but shes on the mend now i think

Renee - Baby Love says that normally the bottom two come first (6m), then top 2 (9m), then bottom incisors (10m), top incisors (11m), then top canine (18m), bottom canine (19m). Top canine at about 18 months. It also says that teeth can come at any age, in any order.
    Hope that helps.

Just made some banana and chocolate bread - didn't work very well, dodgy oven so the bottom is burnt and the inside only just cooked. Oh well, we can cut off the burnt bits, the rest still tastes alright.

Hey everyone
    Well we have been having slightly better nights and thankfully DH hasn't been creating some extra night feeds LOL. Having a grizzly day today with not great sleeps - I think her teeth are bothering her again.
    Reading Magic is a great book. A relo gave it to us as a gift when Maia was born with a Mem Fox pack of books - a really great gift that we are now passing on ourselves. Maia loves being read too. We spend at least one uptime a day doing some reading during which she "talks" and squeals all the way through, only stopping when I put the book down :-)
    It is getting harder given she is rolling everywhere and we lay on the floor together to do it. I will have to check out the library sessions when she gets a bit older - i think they have them here - I hope so as the next town is way too far away.

Infants friend - we are using and also Brauer's Teething Formula (both natural) - still not sure if they do anything yet but no bad side affects either.
    JazMum - we have a little worm on our hands too as she has this sliding thing going too. Trying to keep up with the rolling was hard enough so this new face-planting sliding thing is something else... funny to watch though. She's growing up soooo fast!

Cally, banana and choc bread sounds yummy. I want some now.

LP, how is everything? Hope you are off enjoying your bonus week of school holidays lol

Do bubs at this age learn by imitation? Last night we went to DH cousin's house. They have a 10 month old who was rolling everywhere and has just started crawling. Today W rolled from his tummy to his back (could only do back to front before), and started pushing his knees up when on his tum. It's like he never thought of it but after seeing it decided to attempt it for himself lol

We got DH official job offer today, he is getting an reasonable pay hike from what he was getting here which is almost unheard of to be getting more in NZ than Oz. There is also subsidised housing so rent will be cheap and they are going to pay relocation costs which we weren't expecting so it is like winning money.

Sherie - What happens in your town if a pregnancy is considered high risk? I am a bit concerned about being in a small town when we have bub #2. The closest hospital is two hours away, I doubt any regional medical centres will take me because I am 'high risk' because of GD.

for those with teething babies.....checked dp's "bible" (what to expect the first year) and the chart says that the front (center) teeth (2 top and 2 bottom) are the firsts to come out, then the 2 on either side, then the 2nd to the last on each side, then the one in between the one that came in 2nd and 3rd, and last are the molars.
    common signs: drooling, chin or face rash, a little cough, biting, pain, irritability, refusal to feed, diarrhoea, low-grade fever, wakefulness, gum haematoma, ear pulling/cheek rubbing. there's more in the book ellaborating on each sign.
    possible treatments: something to chew on, something to rub against, something cold to drink, something cold to eat, something to relieve the pain.
    hope this helps.
    sorry, no other personals. as it is, it's taken me about 2-3 hours to send this short thing out.

Thanx Fianne - Rory has been drooling, coughing a little, biting EVERYTHING, irritability, Fussing when fed and chewing on the bottle, slight diarrhoea, wakefulness, ear pulling,cheek rubbing and poking himself in the eyes!!!!!

lol my ww online thing is magically working again no idea what happened there lol... oh i am so off the ww path the past two weeks the end of this week has been good (my week is wed to wed coz thats when i go to ww) but after last weeks gain i goit depressed and pigged out on chocolate biscuits etc etc.... ah well will find out on wednesday...
    fianne - Ashas been like that for months and still no teeth ahhhhh
    arte - thats great news about dhs job offers!!!
    bilbly - we use the teething formula too sometimes do you find it helpful? i found for asha its more an extension ie if i give her panadol then that it makes it last a bit longer but by itself if she is really bad it wont help...
    cally - chocolate banana bread!! its stuff like that that makes ww so hard lol that sounds sooo delish lol
    renee - Asha has got herself in the eyes a few times too!!

Renee - I have given panadol to Maddie once today and once yesterday. I really dont like giving her medication as well, I rarely have panadol myself. However I dont like seeing her in pain, its heartbreaking! You can give the natural remedies a go, I tried the Brauer's one on Maddie and it seemed to work, just not for very long though. Aww our babies are growing up!

Fianne - Thanks for that info on teething. The tooth coming through is on the bottom gum, the one next to the center ones. You can just see the tiniest speck of white poking through and it is slightly sharp. Maddie has done so well today considering, she fussed a bit but apart from that she has done so well. She has been pulling her ears a bit, had a couple of runny poos etc and been generally a bit upset. I'm watching her now on her play mat and she is fine!!

Noni - Sounds like Asha wont be far behind with a tooth coming through then. Maddie was the same though, her teeth started annoying her a few weeks ago now and its only just as of yesterday that we actually saw some action.

Arte - That is so cool that your DH has landed an excellent job! How exciting. When is the big move? Are you waiting to sell your place first? Ooh we sold our unit on the weekend, well its under offer anyway so hopefully it settles.

Bilby - Hehe thats so funny about your DH creating the night feeds! Mem fox is excellent, we had heaps of her books as kids.

Cally - When does DH start back at work? Tomorrow? What subject/year does he teach?

Bummer I have work tomorrow. At least its only one day this week, however the downside is we still had to pay child care for today, which is ridiculous, and because I'm on casual rates I didnt get paid today. Ah well.

Hope you all had a great Aus day long weekend!!

quick question....who was it that was/is on mccloud's daughter and when is/was it supposed to show? just suddenly remembered w/ all these shows coming back.

fianne i think it might have been supab not sure when its supposed to air though.. something about a pregnant excersise class thingo??
    haley - thats the bad thing about childcare because you pay for the spot!! we had so many parents try and argue that with us!! do you have another day you would like her to go sometimes if you are nice to management and they have lower numbers on a particular day they will let you swap days... its pretty rare though but i did see it happen a few times..

My friend is the WA sales Rep for Brauer's and she raves about it.....as you would I guess LOL!

Yep Fianne it was SupaB! I think she mentioned it was going to run the start of 08.

Hayley - Isnt working one day a pain in the backside??? I find it more hard to get to work one day a week instead of fulltime I think im just lazy though LOL! Its nice to get out and talk to people and face challenges though! Oh and you get to face lots of challenges working in settlements, soooooo many deadlines!! How do you go leaving maddy??

Noni - Glad Asha is on the mend

Hayley - yes, DH is back at work today. He is the computing head teacher, only teaches year 11 and 12. So far all is good, she has just gone down for her second nap and I managed to have a nap this morning when she went down.

One of the childcare places we looked at said they would let you have a make up day for public holidays - worth giving them a ring and seeing if you can do that.

Arte - sounds like a great opportunity you and DH are getting - definitely sounds like everything is working out for you!

Yes, it was SupaB that was in McLeod's. I seem to remember she was wearing a yellow top? might be mistaken with the colour though.

When we went to the library last week I looked for Mem Fox books but couldn't see any.

LP - how are the girls going? Was it first day of school today?

hi everyone
    hope you all had a lovely weekend.
    Hannah has given me a run for my money this weekend!! We had a late night on Saturday night - for my sisters engagement party - and H didn't sleep for much of it. we got home about 1am and then she had a feed so it was about 2am when she went to sleep. since then it's been like she's got ants in her pants!!! she's very jerky and spewing even more and really hard to get to sleep. almost like she's drunk a litre of coke!!! Sunday night she was awake from 1-4am!!! thankfully dh gave me a sleep in, but i've been so exhausted. I've even gotten cranky at the poor little thing, and felt bad straight away.
    enough of my ramble!!

jazmum - thats what ashas been like while shes been sick drives you bananas dosnt it!! infants friend is really good seems to calm them down and helps with reducing the spew too lol

Hey everyone,

LP how did the first day of school go?

Jazmum its hard not getting cranky when your tired isnt it, I feel bad when I do it too.

Cally sound slike you and Katie are doing great at home.

Hayley DH and I arent big on Panadol either. My friend who was down on the weekend was using soem homepathic tablets on her daughter for teething, I will find out the name of them. They just disolve on bubs tongue.

Arte thats such awesome news about your DH's new job a huge congrats to you both. Not long now and you will be back in NZ.

Not much going on here today, DH has an RDO so I am going to try anf get some housework done while he is here to entertain Logan. Hi to everyone I missed.

hello everyone!!! i have been absent again - so sorry! have read lots of the posts but things go in one ear and out the other at the moment - so sorry if i have missed anything important!
    sounds like we have some teething going on in here.... v exciting and i shed alittle tear as our bubbas are growing up too fast for my liking! Noah still has the buds but no sign of anything popping thru and he hasnt been especially unsettled or anything
    had a nice long weekend at the coast - we met up witht he in laws. it is so much better on neutral turf and we had a great time. Noah was gorgeous - got loads of attention and loved every minute of it!
    it is so hot here at the moment - i spent the morning at the pool with my friend and her bubba - so nice i wish i had been goinga ll summer. we are having yummy mummys there tomorrow too.
    not much else to report - all well. N will start child care next week - i am sad and nervous for that
    sorry i am not on more - will be on a little more soon (esp once i am working again LOL)

ETA also meant to add i saw weleda makes an organic teething thing - i am going to try this... i am also not too keen on the panadol but its gotta be done when it is bad but maybe this is good to try before if you are like me and would prefer something natural etc

Pregpan - glad you had a good weekend at the coast, seems like most of Canberra was down here!!

Jazmum - hope H is more settled for you today, you poor thing up most of the night.

MD - How is E going in the bebepod? K loves hers, although the tray is getting quite a workout as a 'spew collector'!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast